What is Read-new-post.com?
Read-new-post.com pop-ups are a scam which uses social engineering methods to fool unsuspecting users into accepting push notifications via the internet browser. Push notifications are originally created to alert users of newly published blog posts. Cyber criminals abuse ‘push notifications’ to avoid antivirus software and ad-blocking applications by displaying annoying advertisements. These advertisements are displayed in the lower right corner of the screen urges users to play online games, visit questionable webpages, install browser extensions & so on.
The Read-new-post.com website displays the message ‘Click Allow to’ (access the content of the web site, download a file, watch a video, connect to the Internet, enable Flash Player), asking you to subscribe to notifications. If you click on ALLOW, this web site gets your permission to send notifications in form of pop-up adverts in the right bottom corner of your screen.
|Type||spam push notifications, browser notification spam, pop-up virus|
|Distribution||adware, social engineering attack, PUPs, misleading popup advertisements|
|Removal||Read-new-post.com removal guide|
Where the Read-new-post.com popups comes from
These Read-new-post.com popups are caused by malicious advertisements on the web-pages you visit or adware software. Adware is form of malicious software that can cause issues for your PC. It can generate numerous additional pop-up, banner, pop-under and in-text link advertisements flooding on your web-browser; collect your privacy information such as login details, online searches, etc; run in the background and drag down your personal computer running speed; give more chances for other adware, PUPs even malware to get on your PC.
Most commonly, adware software comes together with the setup files from file sharing web sites. So, install a freeware is a a good chance that you will find a bundled adware. If you don’t know how to avoid it, then use a simple trick. During the installation, choose the Custom or Advanced installation type. Next, click ‘Decline’ button and clear all checkboxes on offers that ask you to install additional software. Moreover, please carefully read Term of use and User agreement before installing any new software or otherwise you can end up with another unwanted application on your computer such as this adware.
Remove Read-new-post.com notifications from web-browsers
Your browser likely now allows the Read-new-post.com web-page to send you push notifications, but you do not want the annoying advertisements from this web-page and we understand that. We have put together this instructions on how you can remove Read-new-post.com pop up advertisements from Edge, Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Android and Safari.
- Just copy and paste the following text into the address bar of Google Chrome.
- Press Enter.
- Delete the Read-new-post.com URL and other rogue notifications by clicking three vertical dots button next to each and selecting ‘Remove’.
- Tap ‘Settings’.
- Tap ‘Notifications’.
- Find and tap the internet browser which displays Read-new-post.com browser notifications ads.
- In the opened window, find Read-new-post.com, other rogue notifications and set the toggle button to ‘OFF’ on them one-by-one.
- Click on ‘three bars’ button at the top-right corner of the browser window.
- Choose ‘Options’ and click on ‘Privacy & Security’ on the left hand side of the browser window.
- Scroll down to ‘Permissions’ and then to ‘Settings’ next to ‘Notifications’.
- Select the Read-new-post.com domain from the list and change the status to ‘Block’.
- Click ‘Save Changes’ button.
- In the top right corner, click on the three dots to expand the Edge menu.
- Scroll down to ‘Settings’. In the menu on the left go to ‘Advanced’.
- In the ‘Website permissions’ section click ‘Manage permissions’.
- Disable the on switch for the Read-new-post.com site.
- In the top right corner of the Internet Explorer, click on the menu button (gear icon).
- In the drop-down menu select ‘Internet Options’.
- Select the ‘Privacy’ tab and click ‘Settings under ‘Pop-up Blocker’ section.
- Select the Read-new-post.com site and other suspicious sites below and delete them one by one by clicking the ‘Remove’ button.
- Click ‘Safari’ button on the top left hand corner and select ‘Preferences’.
- Select the ‘Websites’ tab and then select ‘Notifications’ section on the left panel.
- Find the Read-new-post.com and select it, click the ‘Deny’ button.
How to remove Read-new-post.com pop up ads (removal tutorial)
Fortunately, it is not hard to remove adware that causes Read-new-post.com ads in your browser. In the following guide, we will provide two solutions to free your PC of this adware. One is the manual removal way and the other is automatic removal way. You can choose the solution that best fits you. Please follow the removal instructions below to remove Read-new-post.com pop up advertisements right now!
To remove Read-new-post.com pop ups, complete the following steps:
- Remove Read-new-post.com notifications from web-browsers
- How to remove Read-new-post.com ads without any software
- Automatic Removal of Read-new-post.com advertisements
- Stop Read-new-post.com popup advertisements
How to remove Read-new-post.com ads without any software
Looking for a way to remove Read-new-post.com ads manually without installing any applications? Then this section of the article is just for you. Below are some simple steps you can take. Performing these steps requires basic knowledge of internet browser and MS Windows setup. If you doubt that you can follow them, it is better to use free utilities listed below that can help you remove Read-new-post.com pop-ups.
Uninstall potentially unwanted apps using Windows Control Panel
Some of potentially unwanted applications, adware and browser hijackers can be removed using the Add/Remove programs tool that is located in the MS Windows Control Panel. So, if you’re using any version of MS Windows and you have noticed an unwanted application, then first try to remove it through Add/Remove programs.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
First, press Windows button , then press Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter as displayed below.
Once the ‘Control Panel’ opens, press the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as displayed below.
You will see the ‘Uninstall a program’ panel as shown in the following example.
Very carefully look around the entire list of software installed on your device. Most probably, one of them is the adware responsible for Read-new-post.com pop up ads. If you have many applications installed, you can help simplify the search of harmful applications by sort the list by date of installation. Once you’ve found a suspicious, unwanted or unused application, right click to it, after that press ‘Uninstall’.
Windows XP, Vista, 7
First, click ‘Start’ button and select ‘Control Panel’ at right panel as shown in the figure below.
Once the Windows ‘Control Panel’ opens, you need to click ‘Uninstall a program’ under ‘Programs’ as displayed in the following example.
You will see a list of applications installed on your PC system. We recommend to sort the list by date of installation to quickly find the applications that were installed last. Most likely, it’s the adware that causes multiple annoying pop ups. If you’re in doubt, you can always check the program by doing a search for her name in Google, Yahoo or Bing. Once the application which you need to remove is found, simply click on its name, and then click ‘Uninstall’ similar to the one below.
Get rid of Read-new-post.com ads from Microsoft Internet Explorer
In order to restore all web browser home page, new tab and search engine you need to reset the IE to the state, that was when the Windows was installed on your computer.
First, launch the Microsoft Internet Explorer, click ) button. Next, press “Internet Options” as shown in the figure below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, press Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the Reset Internet Explorer settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and press Reset button.
You will now need to restart your PC system for the changes to take effect. It will delete adware software that causes multiple annoying pop ups, disable malicious and ad-supported web-browser’s extensions and restore the Internet Explorer’s settings like homepage, search engine and new tab page to default state.
Remove Read-new-post.com advertisements from Mozilla Firefox
If the Firefox web-browser program is hijacked, then resetting its settings can help. The Reset feature is available on all modern version of Firefox. A reset can fix many issues by restoring Firefox settings such as default search provider, newtab page and home page to their original settings. However, your saved passwords and bookmarks will not be changed or cleared.
First, open the Firefox. Next, press the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will open the drop-down menu. Next, click the Help button ().
In the Help menu click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button as shown in the figure below.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
Remove Read-new-post.com advertisements from Google Chrome
Another way to remove Read-new-post.com pop-up ads from Chrome is Reset Chrome settings. This will disable harmful plugins and reset Chrome settings to default values. However, your themes, bookmarks, history, passwords, and web form auto-fill information will not be deleted.
- First start the Google Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will open the Google Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed add-ons. If the list has the plugin labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following steps: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, press the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Google Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset” button.
- The Google Chrome will show the reset profile settings page as on the image above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this procedure is complete, your web-browser’s startpage, search engine by default and newtab will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Automatic Removal of Read-new-post.com advertisements
The simplest method to remove Read-new-post.com popup advertisements is to use an antimalware program capable of detecting adware software. We suggest try Zemana Anti-Malware or another free malware remover which listed below. It has excellent detection rate when it comes to adware software, hijackers and other potentially unwanted apps.
How to remove Read-new-post.com pop-up advertisements with Zemana Anti-Malware
Zemana AntiMalware highly recommended, because it can locate security threats such adware and malicious software that most ‘classic’ antivirus programs fail to pick up on. Moreover, if you have any Read-new-post.com pop-ups removal problems which cannot be fixed by this utility automatically, then Zemana AntiMalware provides 24X7 online assistance from the highly experienced support staff.
Installing the Zemana Anti-Malware is simple. First you will need to download Zemana Anti-Malware on your MS Windows Desktop from the link below.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
Once downloading is done, close all programs and windows on your device. Double-click the setup file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. If the “User Account Control” prompt pops up as shown in the following example, click the “Yes” button.
It will open the “Setup wizard” that will help you set up Zemana on your computer. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
Once install is complete successfully, Zemana Anti-Malware will automatically start and you can see its main screen like below.
Now press the “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the adware that causes multiple annoying popups. This task can take quite a while, so please be patient. While the Zemana Anti-Malware is checking, you can see count of objects it has identified either as being malicious software.
After the scan is complete, you may check all threats found on your device. Make sure to check mark the items which are unsafe and then press “Next” button. The Zemana Anti-Malware will get rid of adware responsible for Read-new-post.com pop-up advertisements and move the selected items to the program’s quarantine. Once disinfection is complete, you may be prompted to reboot the PC.
Get rid of Read-new-post.com pop-ups from web browsers with Hitman Pro
Hitman Pro is a free utility which can identify adware that causes Read-new-post.com ads. It’s not always easy to locate all the unwanted apps that your device might have picked up on the Net. HitmanPro will scan for the adware software, browser hijackers and other malicious software you need to erase.
Download HitmanPro from the link below. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
Once downloading is done, open the folder in which you saved it and double-click the Hitman Pro icon. It will launch the Hitman Pro tool. If the User Account Control prompt will ask you want to run the application, click Yes button to continue.
Next, click “Next” to perform a system scan with this tool for the adware software that causes pop-ups. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your personal computer and the speed of your PC. When a threat is detected, the count of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the checking is done.
When the system scan is done, HitmanPro will produce a list of unwanted applications and adware like the one below.
Next, you need to click “Next” button. It will show a dialog box, click the “Activate free license” button. The Hitman Pro will get rid of adware that causes Read-new-post.com pop ups in your internet browser. Once finished, the tool may ask you to reboot your personal computer.
How to remove Read-new-post.com with MalwareBytes AntiMalware
You can remove Read-new-post.com pop ups automatically through the use of MalwareBytes. We recommend this free malicious software removal tool because it can easily get rid of browser hijackers, adware, potentially unwanted applications and toolbars with all their components such as files, folders and registry entries.
- Visit the following page to download the latest version of MalwareBytes AntiMalware for Windows. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web-browser will show the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When the downloading process is complete, please close all programs and open windows on your PC system. Double-click on the icon that’s named MBSetup.
- This will run the Setup wizard of MalwareBytes onto your personal computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes will launch and show the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button for scanning your PC system for the adware software related to the Read-new-post.com pop-ups. This procedure can take quite a while, so please be patient. While the MalwareBytes Anti-Malware program is scanning, you can see number of objects it has identified as threat.
- Once MalwareBytes AntiMalware has finished scanning, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware will display a list of detected items.
- Review the report and then click the “Quarantine” button. After the procedure is finished, you may be prompted to restart the PC.
- Close the AntiMalware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Stop Read-new-post.com popup advertisements
By installing an adblocker application such as AdGuard, you are able to block Read-new-post.com, autoplaying video ads and delete lots of distracting and unwanted ads on web sites.
Download AdGuard on your computer from the link below.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After downloading it, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen like the one below.
Follow the prompts. When the install is done, you will see a window as displayed in the figure below.
You can press “Skip” to close the install program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you launch your personal computer, AdGuard will start automatically and stop undesired ads, block Read-new-post.com, as well as other malicious or misleading web-sites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that can be found on your desktop.
We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted popup advertisements and intrusive malicious web-sites) and Zemana AntiMalware (to periodically scan your computer for new adware and other malware). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
If you are still having problems while trying to get rid of Read-new-post.com pop ups from Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge and Firefox, then ask for help here.