What is Rplnd20.com?
Rplnd20.com is a scam website which is designed to force computer users into subscribing to push notifications. Scammers use push notifications to bypass popup blocker and therefore display a lot of unwanted adverts. These advertisements are used to promote suspicious web-browser extensions, giveaway scams, fake downloads, and adult web pages.
The Rplnd20.com website asks you to press on the ‘Allow’ in order to to watch a video, enable Flash Player, download a file, connect to the Internet, access the content of the web site, and so on. If you press ALLOW, then you will start seeing unwanted advertisements in form of popups on the browser.
|Type||browser notification spam, spam push notifications, pop-up virus|
|Distribution||social engineering attack, potentially unwanted apps, adware software, suspicious popup advertisements|
|Removal||Rplnd20.com removal guide|
How does your computer get infected with Rplnd20.com popups
These Rplnd20.com pop-ups are caused by misleading advertisements on the web sites you visit or adware. Many PC users consider adware, PUPs, spyware, trojans as the same thing. They are all types of malicious software that each behave differently. The word ‘adware’ is a combination of two words ‘ad’ and ‘software’. Adware presents ads on an infected device. Not very dangerous for computer users, but very profitable for the the adware authors.
Remove Rplnd20.com notifications from internet browsers
If you’re in situation where you don’t want to see push notifications from the Rplnd20.com web site. In this case, you can turn off web notifications for your browser in Microsoft Windows/Mac/Android. Find your internet browser in the list below, follow step-by-step instructions to remove internet browser permissions to display browser notifications.
- In the top-right corner, click on Chrome’s main menu button, represented by three vertical dots.
- Select ‘Settings’, scroll down to the bottom and click ‘Advanced’.
- Scroll down to the ‘Privacy and security’ section, select ‘Site settings’.
- Go to Notifications settings.
- Click ‘three dots’ button on the right hand side of Rplnd20.com URL or other rogue notifications and click ‘Remove’.
- Tap ‘Settings’.
- Tap ‘Notifications’.
- Find and tap the browser which shows Rplnd20.com push notifications advertisements.
- Find Rplnd20.com URL in the list and disable it.
- In the top right hand corner of the Firefox window, click on the three horizontal stripes to expand the Main menu.
- In the menu go to ‘Options’, in the menu on the left go to ‘Privacy & Security’.
- Scroll down to ‘Permissions’ section and click ‘Settings…’ button next to ‘Notifications’.
- Locate sites you down’t want to see notifications from (for example, Rplnd20.com), click on drop-down menu next to each and select ‘Block’.
- Save changes.
- In the top right corner, click the Edge menu button (it looks like three dots).
- Scroll down, find and click ‘Settings’. In the left side select ‘Advanced’.
- In the ‘Website permissions’ section click ‘Manage permissions’.
- Click the switch below the Rplnd20.com URL and each suspicious domain.
- In the top right hand corner of the screen, click on the gear icon (menu button).
- In the drop-down menu select ‘Internet Options’.
- Select the ‘Privacy’ tab and click ‘Settings under ‘Pop-up Blocker’ section.
- Find the Rplnd20.com site and click the ‘Remove’ button to delete the site.
- On the top menu select ‘Safari’, then ‘Preferences’.
- Select the ‘Websites’ tab and then select ‘Notifications’ section on the left panel.
- Locate the Rplnd20.com and select it, click the ‘Deny’ button.
How to remove Rplnd20.com pop ups from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
Fortunately, we’ve an effective method which will help you manually or/and automatically get rid of Rplnd20.com from your internet browser and bring your internet browser settings, including startpage, newtab and default search engine, back to normal. Below you’ll find a removal instructions with all the steps you may need to successfully remove adware and its traces. Read this manual carefully, bookmark it or open this page on your smartphone, because you may need to close your browser or restart your computer.
To remove Rplnd20.com pop ups, execute the following steps:
- Remove Rplnd20.com notifications from internet browsers
- Manual Rplnd20.com ads removal
- Automatic Removal of Rplnd20.com advertisements
- Stop Rplnd20.com popup ads
Manual Rplnd20.com ads removal
The step-by-step tutorial will help you manually get rid of Rplnd20.com advertisements from your browser. If you are not good at computers, we advise that you use the free tools listed below.
Uninstall adware through the Windows Control Panel
When troubleshooting a computer, one common step is go to MS Windows Control Panel and delete suspicious programs. The same approach will be used in the removal of Rplnd20.com pop-up ads. Please use steps based on your Windows version.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
First, press the Windows button , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
Windows XP, Vista, 7
First, click “Start” and select “Control Panel”.
It will open the Windows Control Panel similar to the one below.
Next, press “Uninstall a program”
It will show a list of all apps installed on your computer. Scroll through the all list, and uninstall any questionable and unknown software. To quickly find the latest installed software, we recommend sort applications by date in the Control panel.
Get rid of Rplnd20.com popup ads from Firefox
If the Firefox settings such as start page, search provider by default and newtab page have been replaced by the adware, then resetting it to the default state can help. However, your themes, bookmarks, history, passwords, and web form auto-fill information will not be deleted.
Press the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and click the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu as on the image below.
A small menu will appear, press the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, press “Refresh Firefox” button as displayed in the figure below.
Follow the onscreen procedure to revert back your Mozilla Firefox web-browser settings to their original state.
Remove Rplnd20.com pop-ups from Google Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings will help you to completely reset your browser. The result of activating this function will bring Chrome settings back to its default values. This can delete Rplnd20.com pop up ads and disable malicious extensions. When using the reset feature, your personal information like passwords, bookmarks, browsing history and web form auto-fill data will be saved.
First open the Chrome. Next, press the button in the form of three horizontal dots ().
It will open the Google Chrome menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions. Carefully browse through the list of installed add-ons. If the list has the addon signed with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guide: Remove Google Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
Open the Chrome menu once again. Further, press the option called “Settings”.
The internet browser will show the settings screen. Another way to show the Chrome’s settings – type chrome://settings in the browser adress bar and press Enter
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the “Advanced” link. Now scroll down until the “Reset” section is visible, such as the one below and press the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
The Chrome will display the confirmation prompt as displayed in the following example.
You need to confirm your action, click the “Reset” button. The internet browser will run the process of cleaning. After it is complete, the internet browser’s settings including new tab, search engine and start page back to the values that have been when the Google Chrome was first installed on your personal computer.
Remove Rplnd20.com popup advertisements from IE
If you find that Internet Explorer web browser settings like startpage, newtab page and search engine had been changed by adware related to the Rplnd20.com advertisements, then you may restore your settings, via the reset web browser procedure.
First, launch the Internet Explorer, click ) button. Next, press “Internet Options” as displayed on the screen below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, click Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the Reset Internet Explorer settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button.
You will now need to restart your device for the changes to take effect. It will get rid of adware that causes the intrusive Rplnd20.com pop ups, disable malicious and ad-supported browser’s extensions and restore the Internet Explorer’s settings like homepage, search engine and new tab page to default state.
Automatic Removal of Rplnd20.com advertisements
Manual removal is not always as effective as you might think. Often, even the most experienced users can not fully remove adware that causes multiple annoying pop-ups. So, we recommend to check your PC for any remaining harmful components with free adware software removal applications below.
How to remove Rplnd20.com popup ads with Zemana AntiMalware
Zemana AntiMalware highly recommended, because it can locate security threats such adware and malicious software that most ‘classic’ antivirus software fail to pick up on. Moreover, if you have any Rplnd20.com pop ups removal problems which cannot be fixed by this utility automatically, then Zemana AntiMalware provides 24X7 online assistance from the highly experienced support staff.
- Click the link below to download the latest version of Zemana Anti-Malware for Microsoft Windows. Save it on your MS Windows desktop or in any other place.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- Once downloading is complete, close all applications and windows on your device. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is finished, press the “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the adware responsible for Rplnd20.com pop-up ads. Depending on your PC system, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. During the scan Zemana Anti-Malware will find threats exist on your PC system.
- When the system scan is finished, Zemana AntiMalware will create a list of unwanted programs and adware. Next, you need to click “Next”. Once the process is finished, you can be prompted to restart your computer.
Delete Rplnd20.com pop up ads from browsers with HitmanPro
HitmanPro is a free utility that can locate adware that causes popups. It’s not always easy to locate all the junk software that your computer might have picked up on the Web. HitmanPro will detect the adware software, hijackers and other malicious software you need to uninstall.
- HitmanPro can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- After the downloading process is done, start the Hitman Pro, double-click the HitmanPro.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, press Yes to continue.
- In the Hitman Pro window, click the “Next” to perform a system scan with this utility for the adware related to the Rplnd20.com popups. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your PC. When a threat is found, the count of the security threats will change accordingly.
- When HitmanPro is finished scanning your computer, HitmanPro will show a scan report. Review the scan results and then click “Next”. Now, click the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to get rid of all malicious software found.
Get rid of Rplnd20.com pop up ads with MalwareBytes
Trying to delete Rplnd20.com pop ups can become a battle of wills between the adware infection and you. MalwareBytes Anti-Malware can be a powerful ally, removing most of today’s adware, malicious software and potentially unwanted applications with ease. Here’s how to use MalwareBytes will help you win.
MalwareBytes AntiMalware can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
When the download is finished, run it and follow the prompts. Once installed, the MalwareBytes will try to update itself and when this procedure is finished, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this utility for the adware responsible for Rplnd20.com popup ads. While the MalwareBytes Anti-Malware application is scanning, you can see count of objects it has identified as threat. Review the results once the tool has done the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply click “Quarantine” button.
The MalwareBytes is a free program that you can use to remove all detected folders, files, services, registry entries and so on. To learn more about this malicious software removal utility, we advise you to read and follow the step-by-step instructions or the video guide below.
Stop Rplnd20.com popup ads
Use an adblocker tool like AdGuard will protect you from harmful advertisements and content. Moreover, you can find that the AdGuard have an option to protect your privacy and block phishing and spam websites. Additionally, ad blocker programs will help you to avoid annoying pop up advertisements and unverified links that also a good way to stay safe online.
- Please go to the link below to download the latest version of AdGuard for Microsoft Windows. Save it to your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- Once the download is complete, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- After the installation is done, click “Skip” to close the setup program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you launch your computer, AdGuard will launch automatically and stop undesired advertisements, block Rplnd20.com, as well as other malicious or misleading web sites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon called AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you stop unwanted pop-ups and annoying harmful web-sites) and Zemana Anti-Malware (to periodically scan your device for new adware and other malicious software). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove Rplnd20.com advertisements from Google Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer, then ask for help here.