What is Profitsurvey.top?
Profitsurvey.top web-site is a scam which lures you and other unsuspecting victims into allowing push notifications. Scammers use push notifications to bypass pop-up blocker and therefore display lots of unwanted advertisements. These ads are used to promote suspicious web-browser extensions, fake prizes scams, fake downloads, and adult websites.
Profitsurvey.top is a misleading site that displays ‘Show notifications’ prompt that attempts to get you to click the ‘Allow’ button to subscribe to its notifications. Once enabled, the push notifications will start popping up in the right bottom corner of Windows or Mac occasionally and spam you with annoying adverts.
|Type||spam push notifications, browser notification spam, pop-up virus|
|Distribution||adware, suspicious popup advertisements, PUPs, social engineering attack|
|Removal||Profitsurvey.top removal guide|
How does your computer get infected with Profitsurvey.top pop ups
These Profitsurvey.top popups are caused by shady ads on the web-sites you visit or adware software. Adware is form of malicious software that quietly collects information about user, such as online searches, login details and browsing history, while at the same time feeding the user advertisements, and it does all of this without asking permission. Adware can track activity, display unwanted ads, hijack and mislead internet browsers and even infect the PC system with trojans and worms. In some cases, adware software can promote p*rn web pages and adult products.
The most common way to get adware is a freeware installer. Most often, a user have a chance to disable all unneeded modules, but some setup packages are developed to confuse the average users, in order to trick them into installing potentially unwanted apps and adware. Anyway, easier to prevent adware rather than clean up your PC after one. So, keep your browser updated (turn on automatic updates), run good antivirus software, double check free software before you run it (do a google search, scan a downloaded file with VirusTotal), avoid shady and unknown web sites.
Remove Profitsurvey.top notifications from web browsers
Your internet browser likely now allows the Profitsurvey.top web site to send you push notifications, but you do not want the unwanted advertisements from this webpage and we understand that. We’ve put together this tutorial on how you can get rid of Profitsurvey.top pop-ups from Safari, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Android and MS Edge.
How to remove Profitsurvey.top pop-up ads from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
When the adware gets installed on your PC without your knowledge, it is not easy to uninstall. In many cases, there is no Uninstall program which simply remove the adware software that causes Profitsurvey.top pop ups from your computer. So, we recommend using several well-proven free specialized utilities such as Zemana, MalwareBytes AntiMalware or Hitman Pro. But the best method to remove Profitsurvey.top pop-ups will be to perform several manual steps, after that additionally use antimalware tools.
To remove Profitsurvey.top pop ups, complete the following steps:
- Remove Profitsurvey.top notifications from web browsers
- How to manually delete Profitsurvey.top
- Automatic Removal of Profitsurvey.top popup ads
- Stop Profitsurvey.top pop up ads
How to manually delete Profitsurvey.top
Looking for a way to get rid of Profitsurvey.top ads manually without downloading any programs? Then this section of the post is just for you. Below are some simple steps you can take. Performing these steps requires basic knowledge of web-browser and MS Windows setup. If you doubt that you can follow them, it is better to use free utilities listed below that can help you remove Profitsurvey.top popup ads.
Uninstall unwanted or recently installed apps
Some of PUPs, adware software and hijackers can be removed using the Add/Remove programs tool which is located in the MS Windows Control Panel. So, if you’re running any version of Microsoft Windows and you have noticed an unwanted program, then first try to remove it through Add/Remove programs.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then click Windows button, next press Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then press “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will display the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will open a list of all applications installed on the computer.
- Scroll through the all list, and delete dubious and unknown software. To quickly find the latest installed programs, we recommend sort programs by date.
See more details in the video tutorial below.
Delete Profitsurvey.top popups from Firefox
If your Firefox web-browser is re-directed to Profitsurvey.top without your permission or an unknown search provider shows results for your search, then it may be time to perform the web-browser reset. Essential information like bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, cookies, auto-fill data and personal dictionaries will not be removed.
First, launch the Firefox. Next, press the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will show the drop-down menu. Next, click the Help button ().
In the Help menu click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button as shown below.
Confirm your action, press the “Refresh Firefox”.
Delete Profitsurvey.top popups from IE
If you find that Microsoft Internet Explorer web-browser settings like search engine by default, start page and new tab had been changed by adware responsible for Profitsurvey.top advertisements, then you may revert back your settings, via the reset web-browser procedure.
First, start the Internet Explorer, click ) button. Next, click “Internet Options” as displayed in the following example.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, click Reset button. The IE will display the Reset Internet Explorer settings dialog box. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and press Reset button.
You will now need to reboot your computer for the changes to take effect. It will remove adware that causes Profitsurvey.top pop-ups, disable malicious and ad-supported web browser’s extensions and restore the Microsoft Internet Explorer’s settings such as search provider, start page and new tab to default state.
Remove Profitsurvey.top pop ups from Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings can help you solve some problems caused by adware and get rid of Profitsurvey.top ads from web-browser. This will also disable harmful add-ons as well as clear cookies and site data. However, your themes, bookmarks, history, passwords, and web form auto-fill information will not be deleted.
- First launch the Google Chrome and press Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will display the Google Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following instructions: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Google Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and press “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset” button.
- The Chrome will show the reset profile settings page as shown on the image above.
- Next press the “Reset” button.
- Once this process is complete, your internet browser’s new tab page, start page and default search provider will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Automatic Removal of Profitsurvey.top popup ads
The easiest way to get rid of Profitsurvey.top popups is to run an antimalware program capable of detecting adware. We recommend try Zemana Anti-Malware or another free malicious software remover which listed below. It has excellent detection rate when it comes to adware software, browser hijackers and other potentially unwanted applications.
How to delete Profitsurvey.top pop up advertisements with Zemana
Zemana is a program which is used for malicious software, adware software, hijackers and PUPs removal. The program is one of the most efficient antimalware utilities. It helps in malware removal and and defends all other types of security threats. One of the biggest advantages of using Zemana is that is easy to use and is free. Also, it constantly keeps updating its virus/malware signatures DB. Let’s see how to install and scan your PC with Zemana AntiMalware in order to get rid of Profitsurvey.top pop ups from your PC.
- Zemana AntiMalware can be downloaded from the following link. Save it directly to your MS Windows Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your browser will open the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When downloading is finished, please close all apps and open windows on your personal computer. Next, launch a file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will start the “Setup wizard” of Zemana AntiMalware onto your device. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana Anti-Malware will run and show the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this utility for the adware that causes pop-ups. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your personal computer. During the scan Zemana AntiMalware will search for threats exist on your personal computer.
- Once finished, Zemana AntiMalware will show you the results.
- Review the report and then click the “Next” button. The tool will get rid of adware that causes popups and move the selected items to the program’s quarantine. After that process is finished, you may be prompted to reboot the PC.
- Close the Zemana Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Delete Profitsurvey.top pop-ups and malicious extensions with HitmanPro
If the Profitsurvey.top popup ads issue persists, run the Hitman Pro and check if your device is hijacked by adware. The Hitman Pro is a downloadable security tool that provides on-demand scanning and allows get rid of adware, potentially unwanted programs, and other malicious software. It works with your existing anti-virus.
- First, please go to the link below, then click the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of Hitman Pro.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- Once the download is done, double click the Hitman Pro icon. Once this utility is started, click “Next” button to perform a system scan for the adware related to the Profitsurvey.top advertisements. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your PC and the speed of your PC system. While the HitmanPro is checking, you can see number of objects it has identified either as being malicious software.
- After Hitman Pro completes the scan, HitmanPro will display a screen that contains a list of malicious software that has been found. Make sure to check mark the threats that are unsafe and then click “Next” button. Now click the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to remove all malware found.
How to delete Profitsurvey.top with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
If you are still having issues with the Profitsurvey.top popup advertisements — or just wish to scan your computer occasionally for adware and other malware — download MalwareBytes Anti-Malware. It’s free for home use, and detects and deletes various undesired apps that attacks your personal computer or degrades PC performance. MalwareBytes Anti-Malware can get rid of adware, PUPs as well as malicious software, including ransomware and trojans.
Download MalwareBytes Anti-Malware on your computer by clicking on the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
After downloading is finished, close all software and windows on your computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named MBSetup as displayed below.
When the install starts, you will see the Setup wizard that will help you setup Malwarebytes on your device.
Once installation is complete, you’ll see window as displayed on the image below.
Now press the “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the adware related to the Profitsurvey.top pop-ups. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your device and the speed of your PC system.
As the scanning ends, MalwareBytes AntiMalware will show a scan report. When you’re ready, press “Quarantine” button.
The Malwarebytes will now remove adware that causes pop-ups and move the selected items to the Quarantine. Once finished, you may be prompted to reboot your computer.
The following video explains few simple steps on how to delete hijacker, adware and other malware with MalwareBytes.
Stop Profitsurvey.top pop up ads
In order to increase your security and protect your device against new unwanted ads and harmful web-sites, you need to run ad-blocking program that stops an access to harmful ads and web sites. Moreover, the application can block the display of intrusive advertising, that also leads to faster loading of webpages and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
AdGuard can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
When the download is finished, double-click the downloaded file to start it. The “Setup Wizard” window will show up on the computer screen like below.
Follow the prompts. AdGuard will then be installed and an icon will be placed on your desktop. A window will show up asking you to confirm that you want to see a quick guide as shown below.
Press “Skip” button to close the window and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick guide which will help you get to know AdGuard better.
Each time, when you launch your device, AdGuard will launch automatically and stop unwanted ads, block Profitsurvey.top, as well as other malicious or misleading websites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that is located on your desktop.
Once you have removed the adware using the few simple steps, IE, Google Chrome, MS Edge and Mozilla Firefox will no longer show intrusive Profitsurvey.top website when you surf the Web. Unfortunately, if the tutorial does not help you, then you have caught a new adware software, and then the best way – ask for help.
Please create a new question by using the “Ask Question” button in the Questions and Answers. Try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately. Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the unwanted Profitsurvey.top ads.