What is CleanTextSize
CleanTextSize is supposed to be a browser extension that will improve the browsing experience, but it acts as adware. Adware is something that you should be aware of even if you use Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome or other modern browser. This is the name given to software that have been created to display unwanted ads and pop up commercials onto your web browser screen. The reason for adware’s existence is to earn profit for its author.
Another reason why you need to remove CleanTextSize is its online data-tracking activity. It can be used to collect your browsing history and confidential info, including passwords and credit card numbers. In the future, the personal information about you can be transferred to third parties.
Therefore it’s very important to follow the steps below without a wait. The guide will help you to remove CleanTextSize as well as get rid of intrusive advertisements. What is more, the steps below will help you uninstall other malicious programs such as unwanted toolbars and browser hijackers which can be installed onto personal computer along with the adware.
How does CleanTextSize get on your device
Most commonly, adware software spreads bundled with the installers from file sharing and torrents web pages. So, install free software is a a good chance that you will find a bundled adware. If you don’t know how to avoid it, then use a simple trick. During the installation, choose the Custom or Advanced install mode. Next, click ‘Decline’ button and clear all checkboxes on offers that ask you to install third-party software. Moreover, please carefully read Term of use and User agreement before installing any new software.
|Type||adware software, PUP (potentially unwanted program), popups, pop-up virus, pop-up ads|
|Removal||CleanTextSize removal guide|
How to remove CleanTextSize adware from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
CleanTextSize adware in Microsoft Edge, Chrome, Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox can be permanently removed by uninstalling suspicious software, resetting the internet browser to its default state, and reversing any changes to the device by malware. Free removal utilities that listed below can help in deleting adware.
To remove CleanTextSize, execute the steps below:
- Manual CleanTextSize adware removal
- Automatic Removal of CleanTextSize adware
- How to stay safe online
Manual CleanTextSize adware removal
First of all, try to delete CleanTextSize adware manually; to do this, follow the steps below. Of course, manual adware removal requires more time and may not be suitable for those who are poorly versed in system settings. In this case, we advise that you scroll down to the section that describes how to get rid of CleanTextSize adware using free utilities.
Removing the CleanTextSize, check the list of installed programs first
One of the first things to attempt for removal of adware software is to check your computer installed programs screen and look for unwanted and suspicious software. If there are any programs you do not recognize or are no longer using, you should uninstall them. If that doesn’t work, then you may need to use adware removal utility such as Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM).
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then press Windows button, next click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then click “Start” button and press “Control Panel”.
- It will show the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will display a list of all apps installed on the PC.
- Scroll through the all list, and remove dubious and unknown software. To quickly find the latest installed apps, we recommend sort programs by date.
See more details in the video guide below.
Get rid of CleanTextSize from Firefox by resetting web-browser settings
If the Mozilla Firefox internet browser is redirected to CleanTextSize and you want to recover the Firefox settings back to their original state, then you should follow the step-by-step guide below. However, your themes, bookmarks, history, passwords, and web form auto-fill information will not be deleted.
First, launch the Firefox and press button. It will open the drop-down menu on the right-part of the browser. Further, click the Help button () like the one below.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the web-browser adress bar and press Enter. It will show the “Troubleshooting Information” page as on the image below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, press the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will open the confirmation prompt. Further, press the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Mozilla Firefox will start a task to fix your problems that caused by the CleanTextSize adware. After, it’s finished, click the “Finish” button.
Remove CleanTextSize adware software from Microsoft Internet Explorer
In order to recover all internet browser home page, new tab page and default search engine you need to reset the Microsoft Internet Explorer to the state, that was when the MS Windows was installed on your computer.
First, start the Microsoft Internet Explorer, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will display the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the web browser, then click the “Internet Options” as on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then click the “Reset” button. The Internet Explorer will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” prompt. Further, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, click the “Reset” button like below.
Once the procedure is complete, click “Close” button. Close the Microsoft Internet Explorer and restart your PC for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your browser’s new tab page, start page and search provider to default state.
Remove CleanTextSize adware from Chrome
In this step we are going to show you how to reset Chrome settings. PUPs such as the adware can make changes to your web browser settings, add toolbars and unwanted plugins. By resetting Chrome settings you will get rid of CleanTextSize and reset unwanted changes caused by adware software. When using the reset feature, your personal information such as passwords, bookmarks, browsing history and web form auto-fill data will be saved.
- First, start the Chrome and click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will open the Google Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then press Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed addons. If the list has the addon labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following steps: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, press “Advanced” link, which located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, press the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Google Chrome will display the reset settings prompt as on the image above.
- Confirm the internet browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Automatic Removal of CleanTextSize adware
There are not many good free anti-malware programs with high detection ratio. The effectiveness of malicious software removal utilities depends on various factors, mostly on how often their virus/malware signatures DB are updated in order to effectively detect modern malicious software, adware software, browser hijackers and other PUPs. We recommend to use several programs, not just one. These applications which listed below will help you delete all components of the adware software from your disk and Windows registry and thereby get rid of CleanTextSize adware.
How to delete CleanTextSize adware software with Zemana Anti Malware
If you need a free tool that can easily delete CleanTextSize adware, then use Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM). This is a very handy application, which is primarily designed to quickly find and remove adware and malicious software affecting internet browsers and modifying their settings.
Installing the Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) is simple. First you’ll need to download Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) from the following link.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
After the download is done, close all software and windows on your personal computer. Double-click the set up file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. If the “User Account Control” prompt pops up as shown on the screen below, click the “Yes” button.
It will open the “Setup wizard” which will help you set up Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) on your personal computer. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
Once installation is done successfully, Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) will automatically start and you can see its main screen like below.
Now click the “Scan” button to scan for CleanTextSize that developed to redirect your internet browser to various ad webpages. Depending on your PC system, the scan may take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. While the Zemana utility is scanning, you may see number of objects it has identified as being affected by malicious software.
After the checking is complete, you’ll be displayed the list of all detected threats on your device. Make sure to check mark the threats that are unsafe and then press “Next” button. The Zemana Free will begin to get rid of CleanTextSize that causes tons of intrusive popups. Once the cleaning procedure is done, you may be prompted to reboot the personal computer.
Use Hitman Pro to remove CleanTextSize adware
Hitman Pro is a free removal utility. It removes PUPs, adware, hijackers and undesired browser addons. It will look for and delete CleanTextSize that causes multiple unwanted ads and pop ups. HitmanPro uses very small computer resources and is a portable application. Moreover, Hitman Pro does add another layer of malware protection.
- Download Hitman Pro on your PC by clicking on the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- After the download is finished, double click the Hitman Pro icon. Once this utility is started, press “Next” button to perform a system scan for the CleanTextSize adware software which developed to redirect your web browser to various ad web pages. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your PC system. While the Hitman Pro program is checking, you can see number of objects it has identified as threat.
- Once Hitman Pro completes the scan, HitmanPro will produce a list of unwanted applications and adware. Review the results once the utility has complete the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply click “Next” button. Now press the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to remove all malware found.
Delete CleanTextSize with MalwareBytes
Trying to remove CleanTextSize adware software can become a battle of wills between the adware infection and you. MalwareBytes Anti Malware can be a powerful ally, removing most of today’s adware software, malicious software and potentially unwanted apps with ease. Here’s how to use MalwareBytes Anti Malware will help you win.
Download MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) by clicking on the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
After downloading is done, close all windows on your computer. Further, run the file named MBSetup. If the “User Account Control” prompt pops up like below, click the “Yes” button.
It will open the Setup wizard which will help you install MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) on the PC system. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once install is finished successfully, click “Get Started” button. Then MalwareBytes Free will automatically start and you may see its main window as displayed below.
Next, click the “Scan” button to start checking your computer for the CleanTextSize that redirects your web browser to annoying ad web pages. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your device and the speed of your device. While the MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) tool is checking, you can see number of objects it has identified as being infected by malicious software.
When MalwareBytes is complete scanning your PC system, MalwareBytes will display a list of detected threats. In order to remove all items, simply click “Quarantine” button.
The MalwareBytes Free will get rid of CleanTextSize adware software that redirects your web-browser to annoying ad web sites. After the cleaning process is complete, you can be prompted to restart your computer. We suggest you look at the following video, which completely explains the process of using the MalwareBytes Free to remove hijackers, adware software and other malicious software.
How to stay safe online
We recommend to install an ad blocking application. The ad-blocking tool such as AdGuard is a application which basically removes advertising from the Internet and stops access to malicious web-sites. Moreover, security experts says that using adblocker applications is necessary to stay safe when surfing the Internet.
- Please go to the link below to download AdGuard. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop or in any other place.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- Once downloading is complete, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- When the setup is done, click “Skip” to close the installation application and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you run your personal computer, AdGuard will start automatically and stop undesired advertisements, block CleanTextSize, as well as other malicious or misleading webpages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, which can be found on your desktop.
We suggest that you keep Zemana (to periodically scan your PC system for new adware and other malware) and AdGuard (to help you block intrusive pop-up advertisements and harmful web pages). Moreover, to prevent any adware software, please stay clear of unknown and third party software, make sure that your antivirus program, turn on the option to search for potentially unwanted programs.
If you need more help with CleanTextSize adware related issues, go to here.