What is Poolvideo.ru?
Poolvideo.ru is a website that uses the browser notification feature to trick users into subscribing to push notifications. Although push notifications cannot harm users directly, scammers use them to display annoying advertisements, promote dubious apps, and encourage users to visit malicious webpages.
The Poolvideo.ru web site claims that clicking ‘Allow’ is necessary to confirm that you are not a robot, connect to the Internet, watch a video, enable Flash Player, access the content of the web-site, and so on. If you click on ALLOW, then your browser will be configured to display intrusive advertisements on your desktop, even when you are not using the browser.
|Name||Poolvideo.ru pop up|
|Type||browser notification spam, spam push notifications, pop-up virus|
|Distribution||dubious popup advertisements, social engineering attack, adware, PUPs|
|Removal||Poolvideo.ru removal guide|
How did you get infected with Poolvideo.ru pop ups
These Poolvideo.ru pop-ups are caused by malicious advertisements on the web pages you visit or adware. Adware is a form of malicious software that displays pop-up and notification-style ads based on your’s browsing history. Adware may replace the advertisements of other companies with its own. Most often, adware software will track your browsing habits and report this info to its authors.
The most common way to get adware is a freeware installer. In most cases, a user have a chance to disable all optional browser plugins, but certain installers are developed to confuse the average users, in order to trick them into installing PUPs and adware. Anyway, easier to prevent adware rather than clean up your computer after one. So, keep your browser updated (turn on automatic updates), use good antivirus software, double check free software before you run it (do a google search, scan a downloaded file with VirusTotal), avoid shady and unknown webpages.
Remove Poolvideo.ru notifications from web-browsers
Your web-browser likely now allows the Poolvideo.ru webpage to send you notifications, but you do not want the annoying advertisements from this web site and we understand that. We have put together this guide on how you can remove Poolvideo.ru pop up ads from Internet Explorer, Android, Safari, Firefox, Chrome and Microsoft Edge.
- In the top right hand corner of the browser window, click on ‘three vertical dots’, and this will open up the main menu on Google Chrome.
- In the menu go to ‘Settings’, scroll down to ‘Advanced’ settings.
- When the drop-down menu appears, tap ‘Settings’. Scroll down to ‘Advanced’.
- Click on ‘Notifications’.
- Click ‘three dots’ button on the right hand side of Poolvideo.ru site or other questionable URL and click ‘Remove’.
- Open Chrome.
- In the right upper corner, find and tap the Chrome menu (three dots).
- In the menu tap ‘Settings’, scroll down to ‘Advanced’.
- In the ‘Site Settings’, tap on ‘Notifications’, locate the Poolvideo.ru site and tap on it.
- Tap the ‘Clean & Reset’ button and confirm.
- In the top right hand corner, click the Firefox menu (three horizontal stripes).
- In the drop-down menu select ‘Options’. In the left side select ‘Privacy & Security’.
- Scroll down to ‘Permissions’ and then to ‘Settings’ next to ‘Notifications’.
- Find sites you down’t want to see notifications from (for example, Poolvideo.ru), click on drop-down menu next to each and select ‘Block’.
- Click ‘Save Changes’ button.
- In the top right corner, click on the three dots to expand the Edge menu.
- Scroll down, find and click ‘Settings’. In the left side select ‘Advanced’.
- Click ‘Manage permissions’ button below ‘Website permissions’.
- Disable the on switch for the Poolvideo.ru.
- Click ‘Tools’ button in the top right corner.
- Go to ‘Internet Options’ in the menu.
- Click on the ‘Privacy’ tab and select ‘Settings’ in the pop-up blockers section.
- Locate the Poolvideo.ru URL and click the ‘Remove’ button to remove the domain.
- Click ‘Safari’ button on the top left hand corner of the screen and select ‘Preferences’.
- Select the ‘Websites’ tab and then select ‘Notifications’ section on the left panel.
- Check for Poolvideo.ru site, other dubious URLs and apply the ‘Deny’ option for each.
How to remove Poolvideo.ru popup ads (removal instructions)
In the step-by-step guidance below we will have a look at the adware and how to remove Poolvideo.ru from Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer, MS Edge and Mozilla Firefox web-browsers for Windows OS, natively or by using a few free removal utilities. Some of the steps below will require you to close this web-site. So, please read the steps carefully, after that bookmark it or open it on your smartphone for later reference.
To remove Poolvideo.ru pop ups, use the following steps:
- Remove Poolvideo.ru notifications from web-browsers
- How to remove Poolvideo.ru advertisements without any software
- Automatic Removal of Poolvideo.ru pop-up advertisements
- Stop Poolvideo.ru pop-up ads
How to remove Poolvideo.ru advertisements without any software
Most adware can be uninstalled manually, without the use of antivirus or other removal utilities. The manual steps below will show you how to remove Poolvideo.ru pop-up advertisements step by step. Although each of the steps is very easy and does not require special knowledge, but you are not sure that you can finish them, then use the free tools, a list of which is given below.
Uninstall newly installed potentially unwanted applications
First of all, check the list of installed apps on your personal computer and uninstall all unknown and recently installed programs. If you see an unknown program with incorrect spelling or varying capital letters, it have most likely been installed by malware and you should clean it off first with malicious software removal tool like Zemana.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then click Windows button, next click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then press “Start” button and press “Control Panel”.
- It will open the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will display a list of all programs installed on the device.
- Scroll through the all list, and uninstall suspicious and unknown programs. To quickly find the latest installed programs, we recommend sort programs by date.
See more details in the video guide below.
Remove Poolvideo.ru pop up advertisements from Chrome
Annoying Poolvideo.ru advertisements or other symptom of having adware software in your browser is a good reason to reset Chrome. This is an easy method to recover the Chrome settings and not lose any important information.
First launch the Chrome. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal dots ().
It will open the Chrome menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions. Carefully browse through the list of installed extensions. If the list has the add-on signed with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following steps: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
Open the Google Chrome menu once again. Further, click the option named “Settings”.
The web browser will show the settings screen. Another method to display the Chrome’s settings – type chrome://settings in the internet browser adress bar and press Enter
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the “Advanced” link. Now scroll down until the “Reset” section is visible, as displayed on the image below and click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
The Chrome will open the confirmation dialog box as shown below.
You need to confirm your action, click the “Reset” button. The internet browser will run the process of cleaning. After it’s done, the browser’s settings including home page, search provider by default and new tab back to the values which have been when the Google Chrome was first installed on your PC.
Delete Poolvideo.ru pop up ads from Firefox
If the Firefox browser is redirected to Poolvideo.ru and you want to recover the Mozilla Firefox settings back to their original settings, then you should follow the step-by-step guide below. Keep in mind that resetting your web browser will not remove your history, bookmarks, passwords, and other saved data.
Start the Firefox and click the menu button (it looks like three stacked lines) at the top right of the internet browser screen. Next, click the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will show the slide-out menu.
Select the “Troubleshooting information”. If you are unable to access the Help menu, then type “about:support” in your address bar and press Enter. It bring up the “Troubleshooting Information” page as displayed on the screen below.
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the Troubleshooting Information page. Select “Refresh Firefox” in the confirmation dialog box. The Mozilla Firefox will begin a task to fix your problems that caused by the Poolvideo.ru adware software. Once, it’s complete, click the “Finish” button.
Get rid of Poolvideo.ru pop up advertisements from Internet Explorer
The IE reset is great if your web browser is hijacked or you have unwanted add-ons or toolbars on your internet browser, that installed by an malware.
First, run the Microsoft Internet Explorer. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will open the Tools drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options” as displayed below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The IE will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window like below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button.
You will now need to restart your personal computer for the changes to take effect.
Automatic Removal of Poolvideo.ru pop-up advertisements
Best Poolvideo.ru popup ads removal utility should scan for and get rid of adware, malicious software, PUPs, toolbars, keyloggers, browser hijackers, worms, Trojans, and pop-up generators. The key is locating one with a good reputation and these features. Most quality programs listed below offer a free scan and malicious software removal so you can detect and uninstall unwanted applications without having to pay.
How to delete Poolvideo.ru pop-up advertisements with Zemana AntiMalware
Zemana Anti Malware is a free application for MS Windows operating system to look for and remove adware related to the Poolvideo.ru pop up advertisements, and other unwanted applications such as PUPs, malicious web-browser add-ons, browser toolbars.
First, visit the following page, then press the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of Zemana Free.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
After downloading is done, close all windows on your PC system. Further, run the set up file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. If the “User Account Control” dialog box pops up as on the image below, press the “Yes” button.
It will open the “Setup wizard” that will assist you install Zemana Free on the computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once installation is finished successfully, Zemana Free will automatically start and you may see its main window as displayed in the figure below.
Next, click the “Scan” button to look for adware which causes popups. This task can take some time, so please be patient. While the Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) is checking, you can see count of objects it has identified either as being malware.
After Zemana Free completes the scan, the results are displayed in the scan report. Make sure all items have ‘checkmark’ and click “Next” button.
The Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) will delete adware that causes multiple annoying pop ups and move the selected threats to the program’s quarantine. After disinfection is finished, you can be prompted to reboot your personal computer.
Use Hitman Pro to remove Poolvideo.ru pop-up ads
HitmanPro will help remove adware which causes the unwanted Poolvideo.ru pop up advertisements that slow down your computer. The hijackers, adware and other potentially unwanted software slow your web browser down and try to trick you into clicking on dubious advertisements and links. HitmanPro removes the adware and lets you enjoy your PC without Poolvideo.ru pop-up advertisements.
Please go to the link below to download HitmanPro. Save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
Download and use HitmanPro on your PC system. Once started, click “Next” button to find adware that causes the unwanted Poolvideo.ru pop-ups. This procedure can take quite a while, so please be patient. When a threat is detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. .
After Hitman Pro completes the scan, you will be displayed the list of all detected threats on your PC.
When you’re ready, click Next button.
It will open a prompt, click the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to get rid of all malicious software found.
How to get rid of Poolvideo.ru with MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM)
Manual Poolvideo.ru advertisements removal requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the adware may be not fully removed. We advise that run the MalwareBytes that are completely free your PC of adware software. Moreover, the free application will allow you to delete malicious software, PUPs, hijackers and toolbars that your personal computer can be infected too.
Visit the following page to download MalwareBytes. Save it on your MS Windows desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
When the download is finished, run it and follow the prompts. Once installed, the MalwareBytes will try to update itself and when this task is finished, press the “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this utility for the adware which causes pop-ups. Depending on your computer, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. While the MalwareBytes utility is scanning, you may see how many objects it has identified as being affected by malware. Review the report and then click “Quarantine” button.
The MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) is a free program that you can use to remove all detected folders, files, services, registry entries and so on. To learn more about this malware removal utility, we recommend you to read and follow the steps or the video guide below.
Stop Poolvideo.ru pop-up ads
Run an ad-blocker tool such as AdGuard will protect you from harmful ads and content. Moreover, you can find that the AdGuard have an option to protect your privacy and block phishing and spam web-pages. Additionally, adblocker apps will allow you to avoid annoying advertisements and unverified links that also a good way to stay safe online.
- Visit the page linked below to download AdGuard. Save it to your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After downloading it, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- When the installation is finished, click “Skip” to close the installation application and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you run your PC, AdGuard will launch automatically and stop undesired advertisements, block Poolvideo.ru, as well as other harmful or misleading webpages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon called AdGuard, that can be found on your desktop.
We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted advertisements and unwanted harmful web-pages) and Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) (to periodically scan your personal computer for new adware softwares and other malware). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove Poolvideo.ru popup advertisements from the Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and MS Edge, then ask for help here here.