What is AdBlock Master
AdBlock Master is supposed to be a browser extension that will improve the browsing experience (stop unwanted ads, block malicious sites), but according to security experts, it acts as adware. Adware is not as dangerous as such as a computer virus or Ransomware, but its presence can bring numerous pop-up windows, fake alerts, push notfications and/or unwanted ads. Actually developers of adware software is associated with some merchants and by displaying ads to users they make money for yourself. These ads not only bother your browsing experience but also redirect your internet browser to scam and malicious pages.
The worst is, AdBlock Master can be used to collect a wide variety of your user information which can be later sold to third party companies. You do not know if your home address, account names and passwords are safe.
Thus, AdBlock Master does not really have beneficial features. So, we recommend you get rid of it immediately. This will also prevent the adware from tracking your online activities. A full AdBlock Master removal can be easily carried out using manual or automatic method listed below.
How does AdBlock Master get on your PC
Adware usually come along with freeware . So, when you installing freeware, carefully read the disclaimers, choose the Custom or Advanced installation mode to watch for third-party programs that are being installed, because some of the apps are PUPs and adware.
|Type||adware, potentially unwanted application (PUA), pop-up ads, popups, pop up virus|
|Removal||AdBlock Master removal guide|
How to remove AdBlock Master adware software from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
In the step-by-step tutorial below, we will try to cover Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge and provide general advice to remove AdBlock Master adware. You may find some minor differences in your Microsoft Windows install. No matter, you should be okay if you follow the steps outlined below: remove all suspicious and unknown applications, reset web browsers settings, fix web browsers shortcuts, delete harmful scheduled tasks, use free malware removal tools. Read this manual carefully, bookmark it or open this page on your smartphone, because you may need to exit your browser or restart your PC system.
To remove AdBlock Master, use the following steps:
- How to manually remove AdBlock Master
- Automatic Removal of AdBlock Master adware
- How to stay safe online
How to manually remove AdBlock Master
Looking for a solution to remove adware software manually without installing any utilities? Then this section of the article is just for you. Below are some simple steps you can take. Performing these steps requires basic knowledge of browser and Microsoft Windows setup. If you are not sure that you can follow them, it is better to use free programs listed below that can help you remove AdBlock Master .
Delete recently installed PUPs
When troubleshooting a PC, one common step is go to Windows Control Panel and remove dubious apps. The same approach will be used in the removal of AdBlock Master . Please use steps based on your Windows version.
Make sure you have closed all browsers and other programs. Next, remove any unrequested and suspicious applications from your Control panel.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Now, press the Windows button, type “Control panel” in search and press Enter. Select “Programs and Features”, then “Uninstall a program”.
Look around the entire list of software installed on your computer. Most likely, one of them is the AdBlock Master adware. Select the dubious program or the program that name is not familiar to you and uninstall it.
Windows Vista, 7
From the “Start” menu in MS Windows, select “Control Panel”. Under the “Programs” icon, select “Uninstall a program”.
Choose the suspicious or any unknown programs, then press “Uninstall/Change” button to remove this unwanted application from your PC system.
Click the “Start” button, select “Control Panel” option. Click on “Add/Remove Programs”.
Choose an undesired program, then press “Change/Remove” button. Follow the prompts.
Get rid of AdBlock Master adware from Mozilla Firefox
The Mozilla Firefox reset will remove unwanted ads and disable malicious extensions. However, your saved passwords and bookmarks will not be changed or cleared.
First, run the Firefox and press button. It will open the drop-down menu on the right-part of the web-browser. Further, press the Help button () as displayed below.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the web browser adress bar and press Enter. It will show the “Troubleshooting Information” page as displayed on the image below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, click the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will open the confirmation dialog box. Further, click the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Mozilla Firefox will begin a procedure to fix your problems that caused by the AdBlock Master adware. Once, it’s finished, click the “Finish” button.
Remove AdBlock Master from Internet Explorer
The IE reset is great if your browser is hijacked or you have unwanted add-ons or toolbars on your web browser, that installed by an malicious software.
First, launch the Internet Explorer, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will show the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the web browser, then click the “Internet Options” like below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then click the “Reset” button. The Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box. Further, press the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, click the “Reset” button as shown on the screen below.
After the procedure is complete, click “Close” button. Close the Internet Explorer and reboot your PC for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your web browser’s homepage, default search provider and newtab page to default state.
Remove AdBlock Master adware from Chrome
Reset Chrome settings to remove AdBlock Master ads. If you’re still experiencing issues with adware removal, you need to reset Chrome browser to its default values. This step needs to be performed only if adware has not been removed by the previous steps.
Open the Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal dotes (). It will show the drop-down menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
Carefully browse through the list of installed plugins. If the list has the plugin labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guide: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy otherwise, just go to the step below.
Open the Chrome main menu again, click to “Settings” option.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Advanced” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, as shown in the following example and press the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
Confirm your action, click the “Reset” button.
Automatic Removal of AdBlock Master adware
Malware removal utilities are pretty useful when you think your personal computer is affected by adware. Below we’ll discover best utilities that can be used to get rid of unwanted ads and remove AdBlock Master adware from your personal computer and internet browser.
Delete AdBlock Master adware with Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM)
You can download and use the Zemana Anti Malware for free. This anti malware utility will scan all the registry keys and files in your PC system along with the system settings and internet browser extensions. If it finds any malicious software, adware or malicious plugin then the Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) will remove them from your machine completely.
- First, visit the following page, then click the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of Zemana Anti Malware.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- Once you have downloaded the installation file, make sure to double click on the Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. This would start the Zemana Free installation on your computer.
- Select installation language and click ‘OK’ button.
- On the next screen ‘Setup Wizard’ simply click the ‘Next’ button and follow the prompts.
- Finally, once the installation is complete, Zemana will run automatically. Else, if doesn’t then double-click on the Zemana icon on your desktop.
- Now that you have successfully install Zemana Anti-Malware, let’s see How to use Zemana to delete AdBlock Master from your computer.
- After you have opened the Zemana, you will see a window as displayed on the screen below, just click ‘Scan’ button to start checking your PC for the adware.
- Now pay attention to the screen while Zemana Free scans your computer.
- Once the checking is finished, Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) will display a list of all items detected by the scan. In order to delete all threats, simply press ‘Next’ button.
- Zemana Free may require a restart device in order to complete the AdBlock Master removal procedure.
- If you want to permanently delete adware software from your PC system, then click ‘Quarantine’ icon, select all malicious software, adware, potentially unwanted applications and other items and click Delete.
- Reboot your computer to complete the adware removal process.
Remove AdBlock Master adware from browsers with Hitman Pro
HitmanPro is a portable application which requires no hard installation to scan for and delete AdBlock Master adware. The program itself is small in size (only a few Mb). Hitman Pro does not need any drivers and special dlls. It is probably easier to use than any alternative malware removal utilities you have ever tried. Hitman Pro works on 64 and 32-bit versions of Microsoft Windows 10, 8, 7 and XP. It proves that removal tool can be just as useful as the widely known antivirus programs.
- Click the link below to download the latest version of HitmanPro for Microsoft Windows. Save it on your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- Once downloading is complete, double click the HitmanPro icon. Once this utility is opened, click “Next” button to perform a system scan with this utility for the AdBlock Master adware. This procedure may take quite a while, so please be patient. When a threat is detected, the count of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the checking is finished.
- When finished, a list of all items found is produced. You may delete items (move to Quarantine) by simply press “Next” button. Now click the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to remove all malware found.
How to get rid of AdBlock Master with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
Manual AdBlock Master adware removal requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the adware can be not fully removed. We suggest that use the MalwareBytes Free that are fully clean your PC of adware software. Moreover, the free program will allow you to delete malware, PUPs, browser hijackers and toolbars that your computer can be infected too.
- Visit the page linked below to download MalwareBytes Anti Malware. Save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- When the download is done, close all software and windows on your computer. Open a file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named MBsetup.
- Select “Personal computer” option and click Install button. Follow the prompts.
- Once setup is done, click the “Scan” button to start checking your personal computer for the AdBlock Master adware. This process can take some time, so please be patient. When a malware, adware or potentially unwanted programs are found, the number of the security threats will change accordingly.
- When that process is complete, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) will display a screen which contains a list of malware that has been detected. You may remove threats (move to Quarantine) by simply press “Quarantine”. When that process is done, you can be prompted to reboot your PC.
The following video offers a steps on how to delete hijackers, adware software and other malicious software with MalwareBytes Free.
How to stay safe online
By installing an ad-blocker program like AdGuard, you are able to block malicious webpages, stop autoplaying video ads and get rid of lots of distracting and unwanted ads on web sites.
- AdGuard can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your Windows desktop or in any other place.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- When downloading is done, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the install is done, press “Skip” to close the installation application and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you start your PC system, AdGuard will run automatically and stop unwanted ads, block harmful and misleading web-sites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon called AdGuard, that is located on your desktop.
We suggest that you keep Zemana Free (to periodically scan your PC for new adwares and other malicious software) and AdGuard (to help you block unwanted pop up advertisements and malicious web-pages). Moreover, to prevent any adware software, please stay clear of unknown and third party programs, make sure that your antivirus program, turn on the option to locate potentially unwanted applications.
If you need more help with AdBlock Master related issues, go to here.