What is MP3Converter
MP3Converter is supposed to be a program that will help to convert media files MP3 format, but according to security experts, it behaves like adware. Adware is a term that originates from ‘ad supported’ software. Most often, ‘adware’ is considered by many to be synonymous with ‘malware’. Its purpose is to earn revenue for its owner by displaying unwanted ads to a user while the user is browsing the Internet. MP3Converter can generate numerous additional pop-up, banner, pop-under and in-text link ads flooding on the web-browser; collect users data such as login details, online searches, etc; run in the background and drag down the personal computer running speed; give more chances for other adware software, PUPs even malware to get on the computer.
Does MP3Converter steal your personal information? It can gather your Net surfing activity by recording URLs visited, IP addresses, browser version and type, cookie information, Internet Service Provider (ISP) and web-sites visited. Such kind of behavior can lead to serious security problems or user info theft. This is another reason why the MP3Converter adware software should be uninstalled without a wait.
Therefore, the MP3Converter is an adware and potentially unwanted program and should not be used. If you found any of the symptoms mentioned above, we suggest you to complete few simple steps below to remove the adware software and remove unwanted advertisements from your web browser.
How MP3Converter gets on the computer
Adware usually comes on computers with freeware. Most commonly, it comes without the user’s knowledge. Therefore, many users aren’t even aware that their personal computer has been infected with PUPs and adware software. Please follow the easy rules in order to protect your personal computer from adware and potentially unwanted programs: do not install any suspicious software, read the user agreement and select only the Custom, Manual or Advanced setup method, do not rush to click the Next button. Also, always try to find a review of the program on the Net. Be careful and attentive!
|Type||adware, potentially unwanted application (PUA), popup ads, pop-up virus, pop ups|
|Removal||MP3Converter removal guide|
How to remove MP3Converter adware (removal guide)
We suggest opting for automatic MP3Converter removal in order to delete all adware related entries easily. This solution requires scanning the computer with reputable antimalware, e.g. Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM), MalwareBytes Anti-Malware or HitmanPro. However, if you prefer manual removal steps, you can use the tutorial below in this blog post. Read this manual carefully, bookmark it or open this page on your smartphone, because you may need to close your web-browser or restart your PC.
To remove MP3Converter, execute the following steps:
- How to get rid of MP3Converter without any software
- Automatic Removal of MP3Converter adware software
- How to stay safe online
How to get rid of MP3Converter without any software
The step-by-step instructions designed by our team will allow you manually delete MP3Converter from the computer. If you are not good at computers, we recommend that you use the free utilities listed below.
Uninstall questionable apps using MS Windows Control Panel
Some of PUPs, adware and browser hijackers can be deleted using the Add/Remove programs tool which can be found in the Windows Control Panel. So, if you’re running any version of Windows and you have noticed an unwanted program, then first try to get rid of it through Add/Remove programs.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
First, press Windows button , then click Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter as displayed on the screen below.
After the ‘Control Panel’ opens, press the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category such as the one below.
You will see the ‘Uninstall a program’ panel as displayed in the following example.
Very carefully look around the entire list of software installed on your PC. Most probably, one of them is the MP3Converter adware. If you have many programs installed, you can help simplify the search of malicious software by sort the list by date of installation. Once you’ve found a dubious, unwanted or unused program, right click to it, after that click ‘Uninstall’.
Windows XP, Vista, 7
First, press ‘Start’ button and select ‘Control Panel’ at right panel as shown on the image below.
After the Windows ‘Control Panel’ opens, you need to click ‘Uninstall a program’ under ‘Programs’ such as the one below.
You will see a list of apps installed on your computer. We recommend to sort the list by date of installation to quickly find the applications that were installed last. Most likely, it is the MP3Converter adware. If you are in doubt, you can always check the application by doing a search for her name in Google, Yahoo or Bing. Once the application which you need to delete is found, simply press on its name, and then click ‘Uninstall’ like below.
Remove MP3Converter adware from Google Chrome
If you are getting MP3Converter ads, then you can try to get rid of it by resetting Google Chrome to its original settings. It will also clear cookies, content and site data, temporary and cached data. Your saved bookmarks, form auto-fill information and passwords won’t be cleared or changed.
- First, run the Chrome and click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will display the Google Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed addons. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guide: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, press the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Advanced” link, which located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Google Chrome will open the reset settings dialog box as on the image above.
- Confirm the browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Remove MP3Converter from Mozilla Firefox by resetting browser settings
If the Mozilla Firefox web browser is hijacked by MP3Converter and you want to restore the Firefox settings back to their original state, then you should follow the few simple steps below. Your saved bookmarks, form auto-fill information and passwords won’t be cleared or changed.
Run the Firefox and press the menu button (it looks like three stacked lines) at the top right of the internet browser screen. Next, click the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will display the slide-out menu.
Select the “Troubleshooting information”. If you’re unable to access the Help menu, then type “about:support” in your address bar and press Enter. It bring up the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown in the following example.
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the Troubleshooting Information page. Select “Refresh Firefox” in the confirmation dialog box. The Firefox will begin a process to fix your problems that caused by the MP3Converter adware. After, it’s finished, click the “Finish” button.
Get rid of MP3Converter adware from Microsoft Internet Explorer
In order to restore all internet browser search provider by default, homepage and newtab page you need to reset the Internet Explorer to the state, that was when the Microsoft Windows was installed on your computer.
First, run the Microsoft Internet Explorer. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will show the Tools drop-down menu, press the “Internet Options” as on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The IE will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window like below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then press “Reset” button.
You will now need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
Automatic Removal of MP3Converter adware
The adware can hide its components which are difficult for you to find out and remove fully. This can lead to the fact that after some time, MP3Converter again infect your PC. Moreover, We want to note that it is not always safe to remove adware manually, if you don’t have much experience in setting up and configuring the Windows operating system. The best method to scan for and delete adware software is to use free malicious software removal software.
Get rid of MP3Converter with Zemana
Zemana Free is a free application for Windows operating system to find and remove MP3Converter , and other unwanted programs like PUPs, malicious browser extensions, browser toolbars.
- Download Zemana Free on your Microsoft Windows Desktop from the link below.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- Once you have downloaded the installation file, make sure to double click on the Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. This would start the Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) installation on your PC system.
- Select install language and click ‘OK’ button.
- On the next screen ‘Setup Wizard’ simply press the ‘Next’ button and follow the prompts.
- Finally, once the installation is finished, Zemana Free will start automatically. Else, if does not then double-click on the Zemana Free icon on your desktop.
- Now that you have successfully install Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM), let’s see How to use Zemana Free to remove MP3Converter adware from your computer.
- After you have opened the Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM), you will see a window as displayed below, just press ‘Scan’ button to perform a system scan with this utility for the adware software.
- Now pay attention to the screen while Zemana scans your computer.
- After the scanning is done, Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) will produce a list of unwanted apps and adware. Review the scan results and then click ‘Next’ button.
- Zemana Free may require a restart PC system in order to complete the MP3Converter removal procedure.
- If you want to fully remove adware software from your device, then press ‘Quarantine’ icon, select all malicious software, adware, PUPs and other items and press Delete.
- Restart your computer to complete the adware software removal procedure.
Use Hitman Pro to get rid of MP3Converter
The Hitman Pro utility is free (30 day trial) and easy to use. It can scan and remove malware, potentially unwanted software and adware software in Google Chrome, Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer web browsers and thereby remove the intrusive MP3Converter ads. HitmanPro is powerful enough to find and delete malicious registry entries and files that are hidden on the PC.
Click the link below to download the latest version of Hitman Pro for Microsoft Windows. Save it directly to your Microsoft Windows Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
Download and run HitmanPro on your computer. Once started, press “Next” button for scanning your PC system for the MP3Converter adware. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your device. When a threat is detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. .
When HitmanPro has completed scanning your device, Hitman Pro will prepare a list of unwanted applications and adware.
Review the report and then click Next button.
It will open a dialog box, click the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to get rid of all malicious software found.
Run MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) to remove MP3Converter adware
You can get rid of MP3Converter ads automatically with the help of MalwareBytes Anti-Malware. We recommend this free malicious software removal utility because it may easily remove hijackers, adware software, PUPs and toolbars with all their components such as files, folders and registry entries.
Click the following link to download MalwareBytes. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
When the downloading process is finished, run it and follow the prompts. Once installed, the MalwareBytes will try to update itself and when this procedure is done, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the MP3Converter adware. A system scan may take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your computer. During the scan MalwareBytes Anti Malware will detect threats exist on your personal computer. When you’re ready, click “Quarantine” button.
The MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) is a free program that you can use to remove all detected folders, files, services, registry entries and so on. To learn more about this malicious software removal utility, we recommend you to read and follow the step-by-step guidance or the video guide below.
How to stay safe online
If you browse the Web, you can’t avoid malvertising. But you can protect your web browser against it. Download and run an adblocker application. AdGuard is an ad blocker that can filter out tons of of the malvertising, stoping dynamic scripts from loading malicious content.
- Visit the page linked below to download the latest version of AdGuard for MS Windows. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After downloading it, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the setup is finished, press “Skip” to close the install program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you launch your PC system, AdGuard will start automatically and stop undesired advertisements, block MP3Converter ads, as well as other malicious or misleading web pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon called AdGuard, that is located on your desktop.
Once you have complete the steps above, your personal computer should be clean from this adware software and other malware. The Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer will no longer display the MP3Converter ads when you browse the Web. Unfortunately, if the few simple steps does not help you, then you have caught a new adware, and then the best way – ask for help.
Please create a new question by using the “Ask Question” button in the Questions and Answers. Try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately. Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the MP3Converter adware.