What is Thehomesail.com?
Thehomesail.com is a website that uses social engineering techniques to deceive unsuspecting users into subscribing to push notifications. Although push notifications cannot harm users directly, scammers use them to display intrusive advertisements, promote questionable apps, and encourage users to visit shady websites.
Thehomesail.com is a deceptive site that asks you to click on the ‘Allow’ in order to watch a video, download a file, connect to the Internet, access the content of the web-site, enable Flash Player, and so on. Once enabled, the Thehomesail.com notifications will start popping up in the right bottom corner of the screen periodically and spam the user with intrusive adverts.
|Name||Thehomesail.com pop up|
|Type||browser notification spam, spam push notifications, pop-up virus|
|Distribution||PUPs, shady pop up ads, social engineering attack, adware|
|Removal||Thehomesail.com removal guide|
How does your personal computer get infected with Thehomesail.com pop-ups
These Thehomesail.com pop ups are caused by shady ads on the websites you visit or adware. Adware is a form of software responsible for unwanted ads. Some adware will bring up advertisements when you is browsing the World Wide Web, while other will build up a profile of your browsing habits in order to target adverts. In general, adware have to be installed on your device, so it’ll tend to be bundled with other software in much the same method as potentially unwanted applications.
Remove Thehomesail.com notifications from internet browsers
Your internet browser likely now allows the Thehomesail.com web page to send you browser notifications, but you do not want the annoying ads from this web-page and we understand that. We’ve put together this guidance on how you can remove Thehomesail.com advertisements from Safari, Firefox, Android, Internet Explorer, Edge and Google Chrome.
How to remove Thehomesail.com pop ups (removal guide)
To remove Thehomesail.com ads from your personal computer, you must delete all suspicious apps and every file that could be related to the adware. Besides, to restore your web-browser newtab, homepage and search provider by default, you should reset the infected browsers. As soon as you’re finished with Thehomesail.com pop-ups removal process, we suggest you scan your computer with malicious software removal utilities listed below. It will complete the removal process on your PC.
To remove Thehomesail.com pop ups, perform the following steps:
- Remove Thehomesail.com notifications from internet browsers
- How to remove Thehomesail.com pop-up ads without any software
- Automatic Removal of Thehomesail.com popups
- Stop Thehomesail.com advertisements
How to remove Thehomesail.com pop-up ads without any software
The step-by-step instructions will help you manually get rid of Thehomesail.com popup ads from a device. If you are not good at computers, we suggest that you use the free tools listed below.
Uninstall PUPs through the MS Windows Control Panel
We recommend that you begin the personal computer cleaning process by checking the list of installed programs and uninstall all unknown or suspicious programs. This is a very important step, as mentioned above, very often the harmful apps such as adware and browser hijackers may be bundled with free software. Delete the unwanted programs can remove the annoying advertisements or browser redirect.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Click the Windows logo, and then press Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter as shown in the figure below.
Once the ‘Control Panel’ opens, click the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as displayed on the screen below.
Windows 7, Vista, XP
Open Start menu and select the ‘Control Panel’ at right like the one below.
Then go to ‘Add/Remove Programs’ or ‘Uninstall a program’ (Windows 7 or Vista) as shown below.
Carefully browse through the list of installed software and get rid of all questionable and unknown programs. We suggest to click ‘Installed programs’ and even sorts all installed software by date. When you have found anything questionable that may be the adware software that causes pop-ups or other potentially unwanted application (PUA), then choose this application and click ‘Uninstall’ in the upper part of the window. If the questionable program blocked from removal, then run Revo Uninstaller Freeware to completely delete it from your PC system.
Remove Thehomesail.com advertisements from Chrome
If your Chrome web-browser is redirected to annoying Thehomesail.com page, it may be necessary to completely reset your web-browser application to its default settings.
- First start the Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will open the Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the plugin labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guidance: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and press the “Reset” button.
- The Google Chrome will open the reset profile settings page as on the image above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this process is finished, your browser’s newtab, startpage and default search engine will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Get rid of Thehomesail.com advertisements from Microsoft Internet Explorer
The Internet Explorer reset is great if your internet browser is hijacked or you have unwanted add-ons or toolbars on your internet browser, which installed by an malware.
First, launch the Internet Explorer. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will show the Tools drop-down menu, press the “Internet Options” as displayed on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as on the image below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button.
You will now need to reboot your PC system for the changes to take effect.
Delete Thehomesail.com from Firefox by resetting browser settings
This step will help you delete Thehomesail.com popup ads, third-party toolbars, disable harmful extensions and return your default homepage, newtab and search provider settings.
Click the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and click the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu as shown in the following example.
A small menu will appear, click the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, click “Refresh Firefox” button as shown on the screen below.
Follow the onscreen procedure to revert back your Mozilla Firefox internet browser settings to their default state.
Automatic Removal of Thehomesail.com popups
If you are not expert at computers, then all your attempts to get rid of Thehomesail.com popups by following the manual steps above might result in failure. To find and remove all of the adware related files and registry entries that keep this adware software on your computer, use free anti malware software such as Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM), MalwareBytes Anti Malware and HitmanPro from our list below.
How to remove Thehomesail.com popups with Zemana Free
Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) is a free application for MS Windows OS to detect and remove adware responsible for Thehomesail.com pop ups, and other unwanted programs such as PUPs, harmful browser addons, browser toolbars.
- First, please go to the link below, then click the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of Zemana Free.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- When downloading is finished, close all programs and windows on your device. Open a file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once setup is done, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this tool for the adware that causes pop ups. This task may take quite a while, so please be patient. While the Zemana application is scanning, you can see how many objects it has identified as threat.
- When finished, Zemana Free will prepare a list of unwanted programs and adware software. Make sure all threats have ‘checkmark’ and click “Next”. After the process is finished, you can be prompted to reboot your personal computer.
Use Hitman Pro to get rid of Thehomesail.com pop-up ads
HitmanPro is a portable application which requires no hard install to scan for and remove adware software that causes Thehomesail.com advertisements in your web browser. The application itself is small in size (only a few Mb). HitmanPro does not need any drivers and special dlls. It is probably easier to use than any alternative malware removal utilities you have ever tried. HitmanPro works on 64 and 32-bit versions of Windows 10, 8, 7 and XP. It proves that removal tool can be just as effective as the widely known antivirus programs.
- Hitman Pro can be downloaded from the following link. Save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- When the downloading process is done, start the HitmanPro, double-click the HitmanPro.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, click Yes to continue.
- In the Hitman Pro window, click the “Next” to perform a system scan with this utility for the adware software that causes Thehomesail.com popups. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your device and the speed of your PC. While the HitmanPro utility is scanning, you can see how many objects it has identified as being infected by malicious software.
- When finished, HitmanPro will display a screen which contains a list of malware that has been detected. All detected items will be marked. You can delete them all by simply click “Next”. Now, click the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to get rid of all malware found.
How to get rid of Thehomesail.com with MalwareBytes
Trying to remove Thehomesail.com pop up ads can become a battle of wills between the adware software infection and you. MalwareBytes Free can be a powerful ally, deleting most of today’s adware software, malware and PUPs with ease. Here’s how to use MalwareBytes will help you win.
- First, visit the page linked below, then click the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of MalwareBytes.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your browser will show the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- After the downloading process is done, please close all programs and open windows on your PC system. Double-click on the icon that’s called MBSetup.
- This will launch the Setup wizard of MalwareBytes Free onto your PC. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes Free will open and display the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan” button to find adware software related to the Thehomesail.com pop ups. A scan may take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the count of files on your computer and the speed of your personal computer. While the MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) is checking, you can see number of objects it has identified either as being malware.
- When MalwareBytes Anti Malware completes the scan, the results are displayed in the scan report.
- You may delete threats (move to Quarantine) by simply click the “Quarantine” button. Once the task is done, you may be prompted to reboot the PC system.
- Close the Anti Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Stop Thehomesail.com advertisements
In order to increase your security and protect your PC against new intrusive ads and harmful web-pages, you need to use ad blocking application that stops an access to harmful ads and websites. Moreover, the program can stop the open of intrusive advertising, that also leads to faster loading of web pages and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
Installing the AdGuard is simple. First you’ll need to download AdGuard on your computer by clicking on the link below.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
Once the download is done, double-click the downloaded file to run it. The “Setup Wizard” window will show up on the computer screen as on the image below.
Follow the prompts. AdGuard will then be installed and an icon will be placed on your desktop. A window will show up asking you to confirm that you want to see a quick tutorial like below.
Click “Skip” button to close the window and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick guide that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
Each time, when you start your device, AdGuard will launch automatically and stop undesired advertisements, block Thehomesail.com, as well as other harmful or misleading web pages. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that is located on your desktop.
Now your PC should be free of the adware software that causes multiple annoying pop ups. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you stop unwanted pop-up ads and unwanted malicious web sites) and Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) (to periodically scan your personal computer for new malware, hijackers and adware software). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for Microsoft Windows OS. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new browser hijackers, harmful software and adware are released.
If you are still having problems while trying to delete Thehomesail.com ads from your browser, then ask for help here.