What is Mutigue.com?
Mutigue.com is a website which misleads computer users into subscribing to push notifications from malicious (ad) push servers. Push notifications are originally developed to alert users of newly published content. Cyber criminals abuse ‘browser notification feature’ to avoid antivirus and ad-blocking programs by displaying annoying ads. These advertisements are displayed in the lower right corner of the screen urges users to play online games, visit questionable webpages, install web browser addons & so on.
The Mutigue.com web site shows a show notifications popup that attempts to get you to click the ‘Allow’ button to subscribe to its notifications. If you click on the ‘Allow’ button, then your web-browser will be configured to display intrusive ads on your desktop, even when the browser is closed.
|Name||Mutigue.com pop up|
|Type||spam push notifications, browser notification spam, pop-up virus|
|Distribution||malicious pop up advertisements, PUPs, adware software, social engineering attack|
|Removal||Mutigue.com removal guide|
Where the Mutigue.com pop-ups comes from
These Mutigue.com popups are caused by dubious advertisements on the web-pages you visit or adware. Adware is a form of malicious software that shows pop-up and notification-style advertisements based on your’s surfing history. Adware software may replace the advertisements of other companies with its own. In most cases, adware will track your browsing habits and report this info to its authors.
In many cases, adware software is bundled with the setup files from file sharing websites. So, install a freeware is a a good chance that you will find a bundled adware software. If you don’t know how to avoid it, then use a simple trick. During the setup, select the Custom or Advanced install mode. Next, click ‘Decline’ button and clear all checkboxes on offers that ask you to install optional apps. Moreover, please carefully read Term of use and User agreement before installing any programs or otherwise you may end up with another unwanted program on your computer such as this adware software.
Remove Mutigue.com notifications from web browsers
if you became a victim of fraudsters and clicked on the “Allow” button, then your browser was configured to show unwanted ads. To remove the advertisements, you need to get rid of the notification permission that you gave the Mutigue.com web site to send notifications.
- Just copy and paste the following text into the address bar of Google Chrome.
- Press Enter.
- Delete the Mutigue.com site and other rogue notifications by clicking three vertical dots button next to each and selecting ‘Remove’.
- Open Google Chrome.
- Tap on the Menu button (three dots) on the top-right corner.
- In the menu tap ‘Settings’, scroll down to ‘Advanced’.
- In the ‘Site Settings’, tap on ‘Notifications’, find the Mutigue.com site and tap on it.
- Tap the ‘Clean & Reset’ button and confirm.
- In the top right corner of the Firefox, click the Menu button, represented by three bars.
- In the menu go to ‘Options’, in the menu on the left go to ‘Privacy & Security’.
- Scroll down to ‘Permissions’ section and click ‘Settings…’ button next to ‘Notifications’.
- Locate sites you down’t want to see notifications from (for example, Mutigue.com), click on drop-down menu next to each and select ‘Block’.
- Save changes.
- In the top right corner, click on the three dots to expand the Edge menu.
- Scroll down to ‘Settings’. In the menu on the left go to ‘Advanced’.
- Click ‘Manage permissions’ button under ‘Website permissions’.
- Right-click the Mutigue.com. Click ‘Delete’.
- Click ‘Tools’ button in the right upper corner of the screen.
- In the drop-down menu select ‘Internet Options’.
- Click on the ‘Privacy’ tab and select ‘Settings’ in the pop-up blockers section.
- Locate the Mutigue.com and click the ‘Remove’ button to remove the site.
- Click ‘Safari’ button on the top-left corner of the screen and select ‘Preferences’.
- Select the ‘Websites’ tab and then select ‘Notifications’ section on the left panel.
- Check for Mutigue.com site, other questionable sites and apply the ‘Deny’ option for each.
How to remove Mutigue.com pop-ups from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
Mutigue.com ads in the IE, Google Chrome, Firefox and MS Edge can be permanently removed by removing unwanted software, resetting the internet browser to its original state, and reversing any changes to the computer by malicious software. Free removal utilities that listed below can assist in deleting adware software which displays numerous pop-ups and intrusive adverts.
To remove Mutigue.com pop ups, perform the following steps:
- Remove Mutigue.com notifications from web browsers
- How to manually remove Mutigue.com
- Automatic Removal of Mutigue.com pop ups
- Stop Mutigue.com pop up ads
How to manually remove Mutigue.com
In most cases, it is possible to manually remove Mutigue.com pop ups. This method does not involve the use of any tricks or removal tools. You just need to restore the normal settings of the device and web browser. This can be done by following a few simple steps below. If you want to quickly remove Mutigue.com advertisements, as well as perform a full scan of your computer, we recommend that you run adware removal utilities, which are listed below.
Deleting the Mutigue.com, check the list of installed applications first
Some PUPs, browser hijacking apps and adware software may be uninstalled by uninstalling the free software they came with. If this way does not succeed, then looking them up in the list of installed apps in MS Windows Control Panel. Use the “Uninstall” command in order to delete them.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then click Windows button, next click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then press “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will display the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will display a list of all applications installed on the PC.
- Scroll through the all list, and delete suspicious and unknown apps. To quickly find the latest installed applications, we recommend sort applications by date.
See more details in the video guide below.
Get rid of Mutigue.com from Firefox by resetting browser settings
Resetting Firefox web browser will reset all the settings to their default state and will remove Mutigue.com pop-up ads, malicious add-ons and extensions. However, your saved passwords and bookmarks will not be changed, deleted or cleared.
First, start the Firefox and click button. It will open the drop-down menu on the right-part of the internet browser. Further, click the Help button () as on the image below.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the internet browser adress bar and press Enter. It will show the “Troubleshooting Information” page as displayed on the image below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, press the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will show the confirmation prompt. Further, click the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Mozilla Firefox will start a procedure to fix your problems that caused by the Mutigue.com adware software. When, it’s finished, press the “Finish” button.
Remove Mutigue.com popup advertisements from Chrome
If you have adware software problem or the Chrome is running slow, then reset Google Chrome settings can help you. In the steps below we’ll show you a solution to reset your Chrome settings to default state without reinstall. This will also help to delete Mutigue.com popups from your web-browser.
First open the Google Chrome. Next, press the button in the form of three horizontal dots ().
It will show the Google Chrome menu. Choose More Tools, then press Extensions. Carefully browse through the list of installed add-ons. If the list has the addon signed with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following instructions: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
Open the Chrome menu once again. Further, click the option named “Settings”.
The browser will open the settings screen. Another solution to display the Google Chrome’s settings – type chrome://settings in the web-browser adress bar and press Enter
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and press the “Advanced” link. Now scroll down until the “Reset” section is visible, as shown in the following example and press the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
The Google Chrome will open the confirmation dialog box as displayed on the image below.
You need to confirm your action, click the “Reset” button. The web-browser will start the procedure of cleaning. When it is finished, the browser’s settings including new tab, search engine by default and home page back to the values that have been when the Chrome was first installed on your personal computer.
Get rid of Mutigue.com ads from Internet Explorer
In order to restore all web-browser startpage, search provider and new tab page you need to reset the IE to the state, that was when the Microsoft Windows was installed on your PC.
First, launch the Internet Explorer. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will display the Tools drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options” as shown in the following example.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as shown below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button.
You will now need to restart your PC system for the changes to take effect.
Automatic Removal of Mutigue.com pop ups
Anti Malware programs differ from each other by many features like performance, scheduled scans, automatic updates, virus signature database, technical support, compatibility with other antivirus apps and so on. We suggest you use the following free programs: Zemana, MalwareBytes Free and Hitman Pro. Each of these programs has all of needed features, but most importantly, they can be used to identify the adware and remove Mutigue.com ads from the Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer.
How to get rid of Mutigue.com ads with Zemana Free
Zemana is a malicious software removal utility. Currently, there are two versions of the application, one of them is free and second is paid (premium). The principle difference between the free and paid version of the utility is real-time protection module. If you just need to scan your device for malicious software and remove adware software that causes Mutigue.com pop ups, then the free version will be enough for you.
Installing the Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) is simple. First you’ll need to download Zemana Free on your Microsoft Windows Desktop by clicking on the link below.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
When the downloading process is complete, close all windows on your PC system. Further, open the install file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. If the “User Account Control” dialog box pops up as shown on the image below, click the “Yes” button.
It will show the “Setup wizard” which will allow you install Zemana on the PC system. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once setup is finished successfully, Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) will automatically run and you may see its main window as displayed on the image below.
Next, press the “Scan” button . Zemana application will scan through the whole computer for the adware that causes the unwanted Mutigue.com popups. While the utility is scanning, you can see how many objects and files has already scanned.
Once Zemana Free has finished scanning, Zemana will open a list of found threats. All found threats will be marked. You can remove them all by simply click “Next” button.
The Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) will get rid of adware software that causes multiple intrusive pop-ups and move the selected items to the program’s quarantine. After disinfection is done, you may be prompted to reboot your computer.
Get rid of Mutigue.com advertisements from internet browsers with HitmanPro
Hitman Pro is a free removal utility. It deletes potentially unwanted apps, adware, hijackers and unwanted web-browser extensions. It will identify and get rid of adware software which causes the intrusive Mutigue.com ads. Hitman Pro uses very small personal computer resources and is a portable program. Moreover, Hitman Pro does add another layer of malware protection.
- Installing the Hitman Pro is simple. First you’ll need to download HitmanPro on your PC by clicking on the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- After the downloading process is done, run the Hitman Pro, double-click the HitmanPro.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, click Yes to continue.
- In the HitmanPro window, click the “Next” to start scanning your PC for the adware that causes Mutigue.com advertisements in your web browser. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your PC system and the speed of your personal computer. While the Hitman Pro is scanning, you may see how many objects it has identified either as being malware.
- After HitmanPro has finished scanning your computer, Hitman Pro will open a screen which contains a list of malware that has been detected. Once you’ve selected what you wish to delete from your personal computer press “Next”. Now, click the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to delete all malware found.
Run MalwareBytes to remove Mutigue.com pop-ups
You can get rid of Mutigue.com popup ads automatically with a help of MalwareBytes Anti Malware. We advise this free malicious software removal tool because it can easily get rid of browser hijackers, adware, PUPs and toolbars with all their components such as files, folders and registry entries.
Download MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) from the following link. Save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
After the downloading process is finished, close all windows on your device. Further, launch the file named MBSetup. If the “User Account Control” dialog box pops up like below, click the “Yes” button.
It will show the Setup wizard which will allow you install MalwareBytes Free on the PC. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once installation is done successfully, click “Get Started” button. Then MalwareBytes Free will automatically run and you may see its main window as displayed in the figure below.
Next, click the “Scan” button to begin scanning your personal computer for the adware software that causes Mutigue.com ads. Depending on your computer, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. While the MalwareBytes Free is checking, you can see number of objects it has identified either as being malicious software.
As the scanning ends, it will open the Scan Results. When you’re ready, click “Quarantine” button.
The MalwareBytes will delete adware software that causes Mutigue.com advertisements in your browser and move the selected items to the Quarantine. Once that process is finished, you may be prompted to restart your personal computer. We suggest you look at the following video, which completely explains the process of using the MalwareBytes Free to delete hijackers, adware and other malware.
Stop Mutigue.com pop up ads
The AdGuard is a very good adblocker program for the Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer, with active user support. It does a great job by removing certain types of annoying ads, popunders, pop ups, annoying new tabs, and even full page advertisements and web-site overlay layers. Of course, the AdGuard can block the Mutigue.com ads automatically or by using a custom filter rule.
- Please go to the following link to download AdGuard. Save it on your Windows desktop or in any other place.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After downloading it, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- After the installation is done, press “Skip” to close the installation application and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you run your PC system, AdGuard will launch automatically and stop undesired ads, block Mutigue.com, as well as other harmful or misleading web pages. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, that can be found on your desktop.
To sum up
Now your computer should be clean of the adware which causes the intrusive Mutigue.com pop up advertisements. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted popup ads and annoying harmful web sites) and Zemana Free (to periodically scan your personal computer for new malicious software, browser hijackers and adware software). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for Windows OS. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new browser hijackers, harmful programs and adware software are released.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove Mutigue.com pop ups from your web-browser, then ask for help here.