What is Refresh All Tabs
Refresh All Tabs is supposed to be a browser extension that will improve the browsing experience, but according to security specialists, this extension is an adware. It is designed to display unwanted ads on your web-browser. Some of these advertisements are scams or fake advertisements created to trick you. Even the harmless ads can become really irritating. Adware such as Refresh All Tabs can be installed accidentally and without you knowing about it, when you open email attachments, install free software or a free browser addon.
The worst is, Refresh All Tabs has the ability to gather and transmit confidential information without your permission. It can track information about web-sites visited, web-browser and system information, and your PC IP address.
In the steps below, we will explain best possible ways on how to remove Refresh All Tabs adware from your computer and free your internet browser of any annoying advertisements.
How does Refresh All Tabs get on your PC system
Adware usually gets on your computer along with free programs . So, when you installing freeware, carefully read the disclaimers, choose the Custom or Advanced setup option to watch for additional apps that are being installed, because some of the programs are potentially unwanted apps and adware software.
|Name||Refresh All Tabs|
|Type||adware, potentially unwanted program (PUP), pop up virus, pop up ads, pop-ups|
|Removal||Refresh All Tabs removal guide|
How to remove Refresh All Tabs adware from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
We are presenting various methods to remove the Refresh All Tabs adware from the Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome using only internal Microsoft Windows functions. Most of adware software and PUPs can be deleted via these processes. If these steps does not help to delete Refresh All Tabs , then it is better to use a free malware removal utilities linked below.
To remove Refresh All Tabs, perform the following steps:
- How to remove Refresh All Tabs without any software
- Automatic Removal of Refresh All Tabs adware
- How to stay safe online
How to remove Refresh All Tabs without any software
Looking for a solution to get rid of Refresh All Tabs adware manually without installing any apps? Then this section of the blog post is just for you. Below are some simple steps you can take. Performing these steps requires basic knowledge of internet browser and Microsoft Windows setup. If you are not sure that you can follow them, it is better to use free programs listed below that can help you remove Refresh All Tabs adware.
Delete adware software through the Windows Control Panel
In order to get rid of PUPs such as this adware software, open the Windows Control Panel and click on “Uninstall a program”. Check the list of installed apps. For the ones you do not know, run an Internet search to see if they are adware, browser hijacker or potentially unwanted apps. If yes, remove them off. Even if they are just a programs that you do not use, then removing them off will increase your PC start up time and speed dramatically.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
First, click Windows button , then press Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter like below.
Once the ‘Control Panel’ opens, press the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as shown below.
You will see the ‘Uninstall a program’ panel such as the one below.
Very carefully look around the entire list of apps installed on your device. Most likely, one of them is the adware software. If you’ve many applications installed, you can help simplify the search of harmful software by sort the list by date of installation. Once you have found a questionable, unwanted or unused application, right click to it, after that click ‘Uninstall’.
Windows XP, Vista, 7
First, click ‘Start’ button and select ‘Control Panel’ at right panel as shown on the screen below.
When the Windows ‘Control Panel’ opens, you need to press ‘Uninstall a program’ under ‘Programs’ as displayed in the figure below.
You will see a list of apps installed on your device. We recommend to sort the list by date of installation to quickly find the software that were installed last. Most likely, it’s the Refresh All Tabs adware software. If you are in doubt, you can always check the application by doing a search for her name in Google, Yahoo or Bing. Once the program which you need to delete is found, simply press on its name, and then press ‘Uninstall’ like the one below.
Delete Refresh All Tabs from Internet Explorer
In order to restore all internet browser homepage, new tab page and search provider by default you need to reset the Microsoft Internet Explorer to the state, that was when the MS Windows was installed on your device.
First, launch the IE. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will display the Tools drop-down menu, press the “Internet Options” as displayed in the figure below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then press the Reset button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as shown on the screen below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then press “Reset” button.
You will now need to reboot your computer for the changes to take effect.
Remove Refresh All Tabs from Mozilla Firefox
Resetting your Firefox is good initial troubleshooting step for any issues with your browser application, including redirects to online ads. Keep in mind that resetting your browser will not remove your history, bookmarks, passwords, and other saved data.
Click the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and click the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu as displayed on the image below.
A small menu will appear, click the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, press “Refresh Firefox” button as shown on the screen below.
Follow the onscreen procedure to restore your Mozilla Firefox web-browser settings to their default values.
Remove Refresh All Tabs adware software from Google Chrome
Reset Chrome settings will help you to completely reset your browser. The result of activating this function will bring Google Chrome settings back to its default values. This can get rid of Refresh All Tabs and disable harmful plugins. However, your saved passwords and bookmarks will not be changed or cleared.
Open the Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal dotes (). It will show the drop-down menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
Carefully browse through the list of installed add-ons. If the list has the add-on labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guidance: Remove Google Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy otherwise, just go to the step below.
Open the Chrome main menu again, click to “Settings” option.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Advanced” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, like the one below and click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
Confirm your action, click the “Reset” button.
Automatic Removal of Refresh All Tabs adware
If the Refresh All Tabs adware are still there, the situation is more serious. But don’t worry. There are several tools which are created to scan for and get rid of adware from your web browser and device. If you’re looking for a free solution to adware removal, then Zemana Anti-Malware is a good option. Also you can get HitmanPro and MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM). Both programs also available for free unlimited scanning and for removal of detected malware, adware and potentially unwanted apps.
Remove Refresh All Tabs adware with Zemana
Thinking about get rid of Refresh All Tabs adware from your web-browser? Then pay attention to Zemana. This is a well-known utility, originally created just to search for and remove malicious software, adware software and PUPs. But by now it has seriously changed and can not only rid you of malware, but also protect your personal computer from malicious software and adware software, as well as identify and remove common viruses and trojans.
- Installing the Zemana is simple. First you’ll need to download Zemana Free on your MS Windows Desktop by clicking on the following link.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web-browser will show the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- After downloading is done, please close all applications and open windows on your PC system. Next, start a file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will start the “Setup wizard” of Zemana Free onto your device. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana Anti Malware will start and open the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this utility for the Refresh All Tabs adware. This process can take quite a while, so please be patient. When a malware, adware software or potentially unwanted apps are found, the count of the security threats will change accordingly.
- Once Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) has completed scanning, Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) will show you the results.
- Next, you need to click the “Next” button. The utility will delete Refresh All Tabs adware and move the selected threats to the program’s quarantine. After that process is finished, you may be prompted to restart the computer.
- Close the Zemana Free and continue with the next step.
Get rid of Refresh All Tabs from web browsers with HitmanPro
HitmanPro is one of the most useful utilities for removing adware software, PUPs and other malware. It can search for hidden adware software in your personal computer and remove all harmful folders and files linked to adware software. Hitman Pro will help you to remove Refresh All Tabs from your computer and Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Edge and Chrome. We strongly suggest you to download this utility as the authors are working hard to make it better.
Please go to the following link to download the latest version of Hitman Pro for Windows. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
When the download is done, open the folder in which you saved it and double-click the HitmanPro icon. It will launch the Hitman Pro tool. If the User Account Control prompt will ask you want to start the program, click Yes button to continue.
Next, click “Next” to start checking your personal computer for the Refresh All Tabs adware. This procedure can take quite a while, so please be patient. During the scan HitmanPro will search for threats present on your device.
When HitmanPro has completed scanning, Hitman Pro will produce a list of unwanted applications and adware software as shown in the figure below.
Review the scan results and then click “Next” button. It will open a dialog box, click the “Activate free license” button. The Hitman Pro will start to delete Refresh All Tabs . When that process is finished, the tool may ask you to reboot your computer.
Delete Refresh All Tabs adware software with MalwareBytes
If you’re still having issues with the Refresh All Tabs adware — or just wish to scan your personal computer occasionally for adware software and other malicious software — download MalwareBytes Free. It is free for home use, and searches for and removes various unwanted software that attacks your computer or degrades personal computer performance. MalwareBytes can get rid of adware software, PUPs as well as malware, including ransomware and trojans.
- First, click the link below, then click the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of MalwareBytes Free.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- Once downloading is finished, close all applications and windows on your PC. Open a folder in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named MBsetup.
- Choose “Personal computer” option and click Install button. Follow the prompts.
- Once installation is done, click the “Scan” button . MalwareBytes program will scan through the whole computer for the Refresh All Tabs adware. This process can take quite a while, so please be patient. While the utility is checking, you can see how many objects and files has already scanned.
- When the system scan is complete, you may check all threats found on your PC. Next, you need to press “Quarantine”. After that process is complete, you may be prompted to restart your device.
The following video offers a guide on how to get rid of hijackers, adware and other malicious software with MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM).
How to stay safe online
By installing an ad-blocker program like AdGuard, you’re able to block malicious web-sites, stop autoplaying video ads and delete lots of distracting and intrusive ads on webpages.
- First, visit the page linked below, then click the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of AdGuard.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After downloading it, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is finished, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you start your PC, AdGuard will launch automatically and stop unwanted ads, block Refresh All Tabs, as well as other harmful or misleading web-sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon called AdGuard, which may be found on your desktop.
To sum up
Now your PC system should be free of the Refresh All Tabs adware. We suggest that you keep Zemana Anti Malware (to periodically scan your computer for new adware softwares and other malicious software) and AdGuard (to help you block unwanted pop-ups and harmful webpages). Moreover, to prevent any adware, please stay clear of unknown and third party programs, make sure that your antivirus program, turn on the option to scan for potentially unwanted programs.
If you need more help with Refresh All Tabs related issues, go to here.