What is Click-to-check.live?
Click-to-check.live is a web-site which attempts to trick users into subscribing to push notifications. Scammers use push notifications to bypass popup blocker and therefore show tons of unwanted adverts. These ads are used to promote suspicious internet browser addons, free gifts scams, adware bundles, and adult websites.
Click-to-check.live is a misleading site that asks you to press on the ‘Allow’ in order to to watch a video, enable Flash Player, download a file, connect to the Internet, access the content of the web-page, and so on. Once you click on the ‘Allow’ button, then your browser will be configured to display annoying ads on your desktop, even when the browser is closed.
|Name||Click-to-check.live pop up|
|Type||spam push notifications, browser notification spam, pop-up virus|
|Distribution||PUPs, adware software, social engineering attack, shady pop up ads|
|Removal||Click-to-check.live removal guide|
How does your PC system get infected with Click-to-check.live popups
These Click-to-check.live popups are caused by misleading ads on the web pages you visit or adware software. Adware is a part of software that is used as an online promotional tool. It’s designed with the sole purpose to show dozens of pop-up ads, and thus to promote the goods and services in an open web browser window. Adware can substitute the legitimate advertising banners on misleading or even banners that can offer to visit harmful webpages.
Remove Click-to-check.live notifications from browsers
If you have allowed the Click-to-check.live push notifications, you might notice that this website sending requests, and it can become annoying. To better control your computer, here’s how to get rid of Click-to-check.live browser notifications from your internet browser.
- Just copy and paste the following text into the address bar of Google Chrome.
- Press Enter.
- Delete the Click-to-check.live site and other rogue notifications by clicking three vertical dots button next to each and selecting ‘Remove’.
- Open Google Chrome.
- In the right upper corner, tap on Chrome’s main menu button, represented by three vertical dots.
- In the menu tap ‘Settings’, scroll down to ‘Advanced’.
- Tap on ‘Site settings’ and then ‘Notifications’. In the opened window, locate the Click-to-check.live site, other suspicious URLs and tap on them one-by-one.
- Tap the ‘Clean & Reset’ button and confirm.
- In the right upper corner of the screen, click on the three horizontal stripes to expand the Main menu.
- Choose ‘Options’ and click on ‘Privacy & Security’ on the left hand side of the browser window.
- Scroll down to ‘Permissions’ section and click ‘Settings…’ button next to ‘Notifications’.
- Locate Click-to-check.live site, other rogue notifications, click the drop-down menu and select ‘Block’.
- Click ‘Save Changes’ button.
- In the top right hand corner, click the Edge menu button (three dots).
- Click ‘Settings’. Click ‘Advanced’ on the left side of the window.
- In the ‘Website permissions’ section click ‘Manage permissions’.
- Click the switch below the Click-to-check.live site and each suspicious site.
- Click the Gear button on the right upper corner of the window.
- Select ‘Internet options’.
- Select the ‘Privacy’ tab and click ‘Settings below ‘Pop-up Blocker’ section.
- Select the Click-to-check.live domain and other dubious sites below and remove them one by one by clicking the ‘Remove’ button.
- Go to ‘Preferences’ in the Safari menu.
- Open ‘Websites’ tab, then in the left menu click on ‘Notifications’.
- Check for Click-to-check.live, other dubious URLs and apply the ‘Deny’ option for each.
How to remove Click-to-check.live pop-up ads (removal tutorial)
We can help you remove Click-to-check.live from your browsers, without the need to take your device to a professional. Simply follow the removal tutorial below if you currently have the annoying adware on your computer and want to remove it. If you’ve any difficulty while trying to delete the adware software responsible for Click-to-check.live ads, feel free to ask for our help in the comment section below. Read this manual carefully, bookmark it or open this page on your smartphone, because you may need to close your internet browser or reboot your computer.
To remove Click-to-check.live pop ups, execute the steps below:
- Remove Click-to-check.live notifications from browsers
- How to get rid of Click-to-check.live pop ups without any software
- Automatic Removal of Click-to-check.live popups
- Stop Click-to-check.live pop ups
How to get rid of Click-to-check.live pop ups without any software
This part of the post is a step-by-step guide that will show you how to delete Click-to-check.live pop-ups manually. You just need to follow every step. In this case, you do not need to install any additional applications.
Uninstall PUPs through the Windows Control Panel
It’s of primary importance to first identify and get rid of all potentially unwanted applications, adware applications and browser hijackers through ‘Add/Remove Programs’ (Windows XP) or ‘Uninstall a program’ (Windows 10, 8, 7) section of your Windows Control Panel.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then press Windows button, next press Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then click “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will display the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will open a list of all software installed on the personal computer.
- Scroll through the all list, and remove suspicious and unknown apps. To quickly find the latest installed programs, we recommend sort software by date.
See more details in the video guidance below.
Remove Click-to-check.live from Mozilla Firefox by resetting browser settings
If your Firefox internet browser is re-directed to Click-to-check.live without your permission or an unknown search provider shows results for your search, then it may be time to perform the internet browser reset. Keep in mind that resetting your internet browser will not remove your history, bookmarks, passwords, and other saved data.
Start the Firefox and click the menu button (it looks like three stacked lines) at the top right of the internet browser screen. Next, press the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will display the slide-out menu.
Select the “Troubleshooting information”. If you are unable to access the Help menu, then type “about:support” in your address bar and press Enter. It bring up the “Troubleshooting Information” page as on the image below.
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the Troubleshooting Information page. Select “Refresh Firefox” in the confirmation prompt. The Mozilla Firefox will begin a process to fix your problems that caused by the Click-to-check.live adware software. After, it’s done, click the “Finish” button.
Remove Click-to-check.live advertisements from Internet Explorer
By resetting Microsoft Internet Explorer web-browser you revert back your browser settings to its default state. This is basic when troubleshooting problems that might have been caused by adware that causes Click-to-check.live advertisements.
First, open the Internet Explorer, press ) button. Next, press “Internet Options” as on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, press Reset button. The IE will open the Reset Internet Explorer settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button.
You will now need to reboot your device for the changes to take effect. It will get rid of adware that causes multiple annoying pop ups, disable malicious and ad-supported web browser’s extensions and restore the Microsoft Internet Explorer’s settings such as new tab, default search provider and homepage to default state.
Remove Click-to-check.live popup ads from Chrome
If you have adware problem or the Chrome is running slow, then reset Chrome settings can help you. In the steps below we’ll show you a way to reset your Google Chrome settings to original settings without reinstall. This will also allow to remove Click-to-check.live pop-up advertisements from your web-browser.
- First, run the Chrome and press the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will show the Google Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed add-ons. If the list has the plugin labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following instructions: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Advanced” link, which located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, press the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Google Chrome will display the reset settings prompt as shown on the image above.
- Confirm the browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Automatic Removal of Click-to-check.live popups
If you’re not expert at computer technology, then all your attempts to delete Click-to-check.live popup ads by following the manual steps above might result in failure. To find and remove all of the adware software related files and registry entries that keep this adware software on your PC system, use free anti-malware software like Zemana Free, MalwareBytes AntiMalware and HitmanPro from our list below.
Remove Click-to-check.live ads with Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM)
Download Zemana Free to get rid of Click-to-check.live pop-ups automatically from all of your browsers. This is a free application specially created for malware removal. This utility can get rid of adware, hijacker from MS Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Google Chrome and Windows registry automatically.
Now you can install and run Zemana to remove Click-to-check.live pop up ads from your web-browser by following the steps below:
Click the following link to download Zemana Anti-Malware installer called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup on your PC system. Save it to your Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
Run the setup file after it has been downloaded successfully and then follow the prompts to install this tool on your computer.
During install you can change some settings, but we advise you do not make any changes to default settings.
When install is finished, this malware removal utility will automatically launch and update itself. You will see its main window such as the one below.
Now click the “Scan” button for checking your computer for the adware related to the Click-to-check.live pop-ups. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your computer. When a malicious software, adware or PUPs are found, the number of the security threats will change accordingly.
Once the system scan is complete, Zemana Free will open a list of all threats found by the scan. Make sure to check mark the threats that are unsafe and then click “Next” button.
The Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) will get rid of adware software that causes Click-to-check.live popup ads and move the selected threats to the Quarantine. Once that process is complete, you can be prompted to restart your computer to make the change take effect.
Remove Click-to-check.live pop ups from web browsers with Hitman Pro
HitmanPro is a completely free (30 day trial) tool. You don’t need expensive solutions to remove adware that causes multiple annoying popups and other malicious applications. Hitman Pro will uninstall all the unwanted apps like adware software and hijackers at zero cost.
HitmanPro can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your Windows desktop or in any other place.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
Download and run Hitman Pro on your PC. Once started, click “Next” button to scan for adware software that causes pop-ups. This task can take some time, so please be patient. When a malware, adware or PUPs are detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. .
After HitmanPro completes the scan, HitmanPro will open a scan report.
All found items will be marked. You can remove them all by simply click Next button.
It will open a prompt, click the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to delete all malicious software found.
Use MalwareBytes to delete Click-to-check.live ads
If you’re still having issues with the Click-to-check.live pop ups — or just wish to check your computer occasionally for adware and other malicious software — download MalwareBytes Anti Malware. It is free for home use, and searches for and removes various undesired applications that attacks your computer or degrades computer performance. MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) can get rid of adware, potentially unwanted applications as well as malware, including ransomware and trojans.
- Visit the page linked below to download the latest version of MalwareBytes for MS Windows. Save it on your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- After the download is finished, close all software and windows on your PC. Open a file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named MBsetup.
- Select “Personal computer” option and click Install button. Follow the prompts.
- Once install is done, click the “Scan” button . MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) program will scan through the whole device for the adware which causes pop ups. This procedure can take quite a while, so please be patient. During the scan MalwareBytes Anti Malware will search for threats present on your computer.
- After the scan get finished, you can check all items found on your device. Make sure to check mark the items which are unsafe and then press “Quarantine”. After that process is finished, you can be prompted to restart your PC system.
The following video offers a step-by-step tutorial on how to remove hijackers, adware software and other malicious software with MalwareBytes Free.
Stop Click-to-check.live pop ups
To put it simply, you need to use an ad-blocker utility (AdGuard, for example). It will block and protect you from all intrusive web-sites such as Click-to-check.live, advertisements and pop-ups. To be able to do that, the adblocker program uses a list of filters. Each filter is a rule that describes a malicious webpage, an advertising content, a banner and others. The ad blocking application automatically uses these filters, depending on the web-pages you’re visiting.
Click the following link to download the latest version of AdGuard for Windows. Save it on your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
When downloading is finished, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as shown on the screen below.
Follow the prompts. Once the install is done, you will see a window as displayed below.
You can press “Skip” to close the install program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial which will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and stop undesired advertisements, block Click-to-check.live, as well as other malicious or misleading web sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your desktop.
Now your PC system should be free of the adware software that causes multiple intrusive popups. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted popups and intrusive malicious webpages) and Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) (to periodically scan your personal computer for new malicious software, hijackers and adware software). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for Microsoft Windows OS. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new browser hijackers, harmful apps and adware are released.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove Click-to-check.live ads from your web browser, then ask for help here.