What is Maximus-time.com?
According to experienced security experts, Maximus-time.com is a webpage which uses social engineering techniques to deceive you into subscribing to browser notification spam. Push notifications are originally designed to alert the user of newly published blog posts. Scammers abuse ‘browser notification feature’ to avoid anti-virus and ad blocker apps by displaying annoying ads. These ads are displayed in the lower right corner of the screen urges users to play online games, visit dubious websites, install internet browser extensions & so on.
The Maximus-time.com website displays the ‘Confirm notifications’ pop-up that attempts to get you to press the ‘Allow’ to subscribe to its notifications. If you click on the ‘Allow’ button, this web site gets your permission to send browser notifications in form of popup adverts in the right bottom corner of the screen.
To end this intrusive behavior and delete Maximus-time.com push notifications, you need to change browser settings that got modified by adware. For that, complete the simple steps below. Once you disable Maximus-time.com notifications in your browser, you will never see any unwanted ads being displayed on your desktop.
|Type||browser notification spam, spam push notifications, pop-up virus|
|Distribution||malicious pop-up ads, adware software, social engineering attack, PUPs|
|Removal||Maximus-time.com removal guide|
How did you get infected with Maximus-time.com popups
These Maximus-time.com popups are caused by misleading ads on the websites you visit or adware software. Most commonly, adware installs on the PC system in a bundle with free applications that you downloaded and installed from the Web. Once it gets inside your device, it will configure itself to launch automatically when the personal computer launch. Adware can modify computer settings, redirect your web-browser to undesired web-pages, display intrusive advertisements from various third-party ad networks and these intrusive ads is difficult to close.
Most of unwanted advertisements and popups come from web-browser toolbars and/or plugins, BHOs (browser helper objects) and optional programs. Most commonly, these items claim itself as programs which improve your experience on the Net by providing a fast and interactive startpage or a search provider that does not track you. Remember, how to avoid the unwanted programs. Be cautious, start only reputable programs which download from reputable sources. NEVER install any unknown and suspicious software.
So, if you happen to encounter annoying Maximus-time.com advertisements, then be quick and take effort to remove adware which cause unwanted Maximus-time.com advertisements as quickly as possible. Follow the instructions below to remove Maximus-time.com pop ups. Let us know how you managed by sending us your comments please.
How to remove Maximus-time.com advertisements from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
Fortunately, we have an effective way that will help you manually or/and automatically remove Maximus-time.com from your web browser and bring your browser settings, including search provider by default, newtab and home page, back to normal. Below you will find a removal steps with all the steps you may need to successfully remove adware and its traces. Certain of the steps below will require you to close this web-site. So, please read the guide carefully, after that bookmark it or open it on your smartphone for later reference.
To remove Maximus-time.com pop ups, use the following steps:
- Manual Maximus-time.com popup ads removal
- Automatic Removal of Maximus-time.com pop up ads
- Stop Maximus-time.com pop-ups
- To sum up
Manual Maximus-time.com popup ads removal
The step-by-step guidance will allow you manually remove Maximus-time.com ads from the internet browser. If you are not good at computers, we suggest that you use the free tools listed below.
Uninstall recently installed potentially unwanted applications
Some of PUPs, adware and hijackers can be removed using the Add/Remove programs utility which may be found in the Windows Control Panel. So, if you are using any version of Windows and you have noticed an unwanted program, then first try to delete it through Add/Remove programs.
Make sure you have closed all internet browsers and other programs. Next, delete any unrequested and suspicious applications from your Control panel.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Now, press the Windows button, type “Control panel” in search and press Enter. Select “Programs and Features”, then “Uninstall a program”.
Look around the entire list of programs installed on your PC. Most likely, one of them is the adware that causes Maximus-time.com pop ups. Choose the suspicious program or the program that name is not familiar to you and uninstall it.
Windows Vista, 7
From the “Start” menu in MS Windows, choose “Control Panel”. Under the “Programs” icon, choose “Uninstall a program”.
Choose the questionable or any unknown software, then press “Uninstall/Change” button to remove this unwanted program from your computer.
Click the “Start” button, select “Control Panel” option. Click on “Add/Remove Programs”.
Select an unwanted program, then click “Change/Remove” button. Follow the prompts.
Remove Maximus-time.com notifications from browsers
Your internet browser likely now allows the Maximus-time.com webpage to send you notifications, but you do not want the intrusive advertisements from this web site and we understand that. We have put together this steps on how you can delete Maximus-time.com advertisements from Mozilla Firefox, Android, Chrome, MS Edge, Internet Explorer and Safari.
- In the top right corner of the screen, expand the Chrome menu.
- Select ‘Settings’, scroll down to the bottom and click ‘Advanced’.
- Scroll down to the ‘Privacy and security’ section, select ‘Site settings’.
- Click on ‘Notifications’.
- Find the Maximus-time.com site and click the three vertical dots button next to it, then click on ‘Remove’.
- Tap ‘Settings’.
- Tap ‘Notifications’.
- Find and tap the web-browser which displays Maximus-time.com browser notifications ads.
- Locate Maximus-time.com URL, other suspicious URLs and set the toggle button to ‘OFF’ on them one-by-one.
- Click on ‘three horizontal stripes’ button at the top right hand corner of the screen.
- In the drop-down menu select ‘Options’. In the left side select ‘Privacy & Security’.
- Scroll down to the ‘Permissions’ section and click the ‘Settings’ button next to ‘Notifications’.
- Select the Maximus-time.com domain from the list and change the status to ‘Block’.
- Save changes.
- In the right upper corner, click on the three dots to expand the Edge menu.
- Scroll down to ‘Settings’. In the menu on the left go to ‘Advanced’.
- In the ‘Website permissions’ section click ‘Manage permissions’.
- Disable the on switch for the Maximus-time.com domain.
- In the top-right corner of the Internet Explorer, click on the menu button (gear icon).
- In the drop-down menu select ‘Internet Options’.
- Click on the ‘Privacy’ tab and select ‘Settings’ in the pop-up blockers section.
- Select the Maximus-time.com and other questionable URLs below and delete them one by one by clicking the ‘Remove’ button.
- Go to ‘Preferences’ in the Safari menu.
- Open ‘Websites’ tab, then in the left menu click on ‘Notifications’.
- Check for Maximus-time.com, other suspicious sites and apply the ‘Deny’ option for each.
Remove Maximus-time.com popup ads from IE
In order to restore all internet browser newtab page, search provider and homepage you need to reset the Microsoft Internet Explorer to the state, which was when the Windows was installed on your computer.
First, start the Microsoft Internet Explorer, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will open the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the internet browser, then click the “Internet Options” as displayed in the figure below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then click the “Reset” button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” prompt. Further, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, press the “Reset” button as shown on the screen below.
After the process is finished, click “Close” button. Close the Microsoft Internet Explorer and reboot your computer for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your web-browser’s new tab, start page and default search provider to default state.
Get rid of Maximus-time.com pop ups from Mozilla Firefox
This step will allow you remove Maximus-time.com popup ads, third-party toolbars, disable malicious plugins and return your default homepage, new tab and search provider settings.
First, launch the Firefox and click button. It will open the drop-down menu on the right-part of the web browser. Further, click the Help button () like below.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the web browser adress bar and press Enter. It will open the “Troubleshooting Information” page like below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, click the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will display the confirmation prompt. Further, click the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Firefox will begin a process to fix your problems that caused by the Maximus-time.com adware. After, it is done, click the “Finish” button.
Remove Maximus-time.com pop-up advertisements from Google Chrome
The adware can alter your Google Chrome settings without your knowledge. You may see an unwanted web-page as your search engine or startpage, additional addons and toolbars. Reset Google Chrome web-browser will help you to get rid of Maximus-time.com pop up advertisements and reset the unwanted changes caused by adware software. It’ll keep your personal information like browsing history, bookmarks, passwords and web form auto-fill data.
- First start the Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will show the Google Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then press Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the plugin labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following instructions: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Google Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset” button.
- The Chrome will display the reset profile settings page as shown on the screen above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this process is done, your web browser’s startpage, newtab and default search provider will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Automatic Removal of Maximus-time.com pop up ads
There are not many good free antimalware programs with high detection ratio. The effectiveness of malware removal utilities depends on various factors, mostly on how often their virus/malware signatures DB are updated in order to effectively detect modern malware, adware, hijackers and other potentially unwanted software. We suggest to use several programs, not just one. These applications that listed below will help you remove all components of the adware from your disk and Windows registry and thereby delete Maximus-time.com pop up ads.
Remove Maximus-time.com popups with Zemana Free
Zemana is extremely fast and ultra light weight malicious software removal utility. It will assist you get rid of Maximus-time.com advertisements, adware, PUPs and other malware. This application gives real-time protection which never slow down your computer. Zemana Free is designed for experienced and beginner computer users. The interface of this tool is very easy to use, simple and minimalist.
Visit the page linked below to download Zemana. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
When the downloading process is finished, close all windows on your device. Further, run the set up file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. If the “User Account Control” prompt pops up as displayed below, click the “Yes” button.
It will display the “Setup wizard” which will allow you install Zemana Free on the personal computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once installation is complete successfully, Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) will automatically run and you may see its main window like below.
Next, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this utility for the adware that causes Maximus-time.com pop-ups in your browser. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your computer. When a malicious software, adware or PUPs are detected, the count of the security threats will change accordingly.
After that process is done, you will be shown the list of all detected items on your personal computer. In order to delete all threats, simply press “Next” button.
The Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) will delete adware that causes Maximus-time.com pop-ups and move the selected threats to the Quarantine. After disinfection is finished, you can be prompted to restart your personal computer.
Get rid of Maximus-time.com ads from web-browsers with Hitman Pro
HitmanPro is a completely free (30 day trial) utility. You don’t need expensive methods to get rid of adware related to the Maximus-time.com pop-ups and other misleading applications. Hitman Pro will remove all the undesired software like adware and browser hijackers for free.
First, visit the following page, then click the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of HitmanPro.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
Download and use Hitman Pro on your computer. Once started, press “Next” button . Hitman Pro application will scan through the whole computer for the adware that causes Maximus-time.com pop-up ads in your internet browser. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your PC. While the HitmanPro is checking, you can see count of objects it has identified either as being malicious software..
When HitmanPro has finished scanning your PC, HitmanPro will show a scan report.
Review the report and then press Next button.
It will display a dialog box, click the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to delete all malware found.
How to get rid of Maximus-time.com with MalwareBytes Free
We suggest using the MalwareBytes. You can download and install MalwareBytes Free to search for adware and thereby remove Maximus-time.com pop-up ads from your internet browsers. When installed and updated, this free malicious software remover automatically scans for and removes all threats exist on the device.
Download MalwareBytes Free by clicking on the link below. Save it on your Windows desktop or in any other place.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
After the download is done, close all apps and windows on your PC system. Double-click the install file named MBSetup. If the “User Account Control” prompt pops up as shown below, click the “Yes” button.
It will open the Setup wizard which will help you install MalwareBytes on your PC system. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
Once setup is finished successfully, click “Get Started” button. MalwareBytes AntiMalware will automatically start and you can see its main screen as shown on the image below.
Now click the “Scan” button for scanning your computer for the adware software that cause intrusive Maximus-time.com pop ups. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your PC system and the speed of your PC system. While the MalwareBytes tool is scanning, you can see how many objects it has identified as being affected by malware.
Once MalwareBytes Free completes the scan, you can check all items found on your computer. Once you’ve selected what you want to delete from your PC click “Quarantine” button. The MalwareBytes will remove adware that causes intrusive Maximus-time.com pop ups and move the selected items to the program’s quarantine. After the cleaning procedure is finished, you may be prompted to reboot the computer.
We suggest you look at the following video, which completely explains the process of using the MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) to remove adware software, browser hijacker and other malware.
Stop Maximus-time.com pop-ups
Using an ad blocker program like AdGuard is an effective way to alleviate the risks. Additionally, adblocker programs will also protect you from harmful ads and web-pages, and, of course, block redirection chain to Maximus-time.com and similar web-pages.
- First, please go to the link below, then click the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of AdGuard.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After downloading it, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is complete, press “Skip” to close the setup program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and stop undesired ads, block Maximus-time.com, as well as other harmful or misleading websites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon called AdGuard, that is located on your desktop.
To sum up
After completing the step-by-step tutorial shown above, your personal computer should be free from adware related to the Maximus-time.com ads and other malware. The Google Chrome, MS Edge, Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox will no longer redirect you to various unwanted web-sites such as Maximus-time.com. Unfortunately, if the steps does not help you, then you have caught a new adware, and then the best way – ask for help here.