Newsfeedscroller.com is a website that uses social engineering tricks to force people into allowing push notifications from from this or similar web-sites that will in turn bombard users with unwanted adverts usually related to adware, adult web sites and other click fraud schemes. This webpage will show the message ‘Click Allow to’ (enable Flash Player, access the content of the web-site, connect to the Internet, download a file, watch a video), asking you to subscribe to notifications.
If you press the ‘Allow’ button, then your web browser will be configured to show pop up advertisements in the right bottom corner of the screen. The spam notifications will essentially be advertisements for ‘free’ online games, free gifts scams, suspicious web-browser extensions, adult web sites, and adware bundles as displayed below.
To end this intrusive behavior and delete Newsfeedscroller.com notifications, you need to modify browser settings that got modified by adware. For that, perform the Newsfeedscroller.com removal instructions below. Once you delete notifications subscription, the Newsfeedscroller.com pop ups advertisements will no longer show on your browser.
|Name||Newsfeedscroller.com pop up|
|Type||spam notifications advertisements, pop ups, pop up ads, pop up virus|
|Distribution||PUPs, misleading pop-up ads, social engineering attack, adware|
|Removal||Newsfeedscroller.com removal guide|
How does your computer get infected with Newsfeedscroller.com pop-ups
These Newsfeedscroller.com pop-ups are caused by suspicious ads on the web sites you visit or adware. Adware software can cause many troubles like unwanted advertisements and popups on your browser, reroute your searches to advertising websites, internet browser crashes and slow loading web-sites. Adware usually gets installed as a part of some free software. Do not be surprised, it happens, especially if you’re an active Internet user.
If your PC has been infected by the adware software, you must have finished any of the steps below. Once you have removed Newsfeedscroller.com pop ups from your PC system by following our step-by-step tutorial below, make sure not to commit the same mistakes again in the future.
How to remove Newsfeedscroller.com advertisements (removal guide)
According to IT security specialists, Newsfeedscroller.com popup ads removal can be finished manually and/or automatically. These tools which are listed below will help you delete adware software, harmful browser add-ons, malware and potentially unwanted software . However, if you’re not willing to install other apps to delete Newsfeedscroller.com popups, then use guide listed below to restore your PC settings to defaults.
To remove Newsfeedscroller.com pop ups, execute the following steps:
- Manual Newsfeedscroller.com advertisements removal
- Remove dubious applications using MS Windows Control Panel
- Remove Newsfeedscroller.com notifications from web-browsers
- Remove Newsfeedscroller.com pop ups from Chrome
- Delete Newsfeedscroller.com popups from Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Get rid of Newsfeedscroller.com advertisements from Mozilla Firefox
- Automatic Removal of Newsfeedscroller.com pop-up advertisements
- Use AdBlocker to block Newsfeedscroller.com and stay safe online
- To sum up
Manual Newsfeedscroller.com advertisements removal
The most common adware can be deleted manually, without the use of anti-virus or other removal tools. The manual steps below will show you how to remove Newsfeedscroller.com advertisements step by step. Although each of the steps is easy and does not require special knowledge, but you doubt that you can complete them, then use the free utilities, a list of which is given below.
Remove dubious applications using MS Windows Control Panel
First, you should try to identify and uninstall the application that causes the appearance of undesired advertisements or browser redirect, using the ‘Uninstall a program’ which is located in the ‘Control panel’.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Click the MS Windows logo, and then click Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter as displayed on the screen below.
When the ‘Control Panel’ opens, click the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category such as the one below.
Windows 7, Vista, XP
Open Start menu and choose the ‘Control Panel’ at right as displayed on the screen below.
Then go to ‘Add/Remove Programs’ or ‘Uninstall a program’ (Windows 7 or Vista) as displayed on the image below.
Carefully browse through the list of installed applications and get rid of all suspicious and unknown applications. We advise to click ‘Installed programs’ and even sorts all installed apps by date. After you have found anything dubious that may be the adware that causes Newsfeedscroller.com advertisements or other potentially unwanted program (PUP), then choose this application and press ‘Uninstall’ in the upper part of the window. If the dubious program blocked from removal, then use Revo Uninstaller Freeware to fully remove it from your PC system.
Remove Newsfeedscroller.com notifications from web-browsers
if you became a victim of fraudsters and clicked on the “Allow” button, then your web browser was configured to show unwanted ads. To remove the ads, you need to get rid of the notification permission that you gave the Newsfeedscroller.com web page to send browser notification spam.
Remove Newsfeedscroller.com pop ups from Chrome
Annoying Newsfeedscroller.com ads or other symptom of having adware in your browser is a good reason to reset Chrome. This is an easy method to recover the Google Chrome settings and not lose any important information.
- First, run the Google Chrome and click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will display the Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following instructions: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, press the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Advanced” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Chrome will open the reset settings prompt as on the image above.
- Confirm the browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Delete Newsfeedscroller.com popups from Microsoft Internet Explorer
If you find that IE web-browser settings such as new tab, search provider by default and home page had been modified by adware that causes multiple intrusive pop ups, then you may revert back your settings, via the reset internet browser procedure.
First, run the Microsoft Internet Explorer, click ) button. Next, click “Internet Options” as displayed in the figure below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, click Reset button. The IE will open the Reset Internet Explorer settings dialog box. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and press Reset button.
You will now need to reboot your device for the changes to take effect. It will delete adware software that causes Newsfeedscroller.com advertisements, disable malicious and ad-supported web browser’s extensions and restore the Microsoft Internet Explorer’s settings like search provider by default, start page and new tab to default state.
Get rid of Newsfeedscroller.com advertisements from Mozilla Firefox
If the Firefox settings such as new tab page, search provider by default and homepage have been replaced by the adware, then resetting it to the default state can help. However, your themes, bookmarks, history, passwords, and web form auto-fill information will not be deleted.
Launch the Mozilla Firefox and click the menu button (it looks like three stacked lines) at the top right of the web-browser screen. Next, press the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will display the slide-out menu.
Select the “Troubleshooting information”. If you’re unable to access the Help menu, then type “about:support” in your address bar and press Enter. It bring up the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown on the image below.
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the Troubleshooting Information page. Select “Refresh Firefox” in the confirmation dialog box. The Mozilla Firefox will begin a process to fix your problems that caused by the Newsfeedscroller.com adware. After, it’s complete, press the “Finish” button.
Automatic Removal of Newsfeedscroller.com pop-up advertisements
It is not enough to remove Newsfeedscroller.com pop-up ads from your internet browser by following the manual steps above to solve all problems. Some the adware related files may remain on your device and they will recover the adware even after you remove it. For that reason we advise to run free antimalware tool such as Zemana, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) and HitmanPro. Either of those programs should be able to scan for and remove adware software that causes Newsfeedscroller.com pop up ads.
Use Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) to remove Newsfeedscroller.com popup advertisements
Zemana Free is a free application for Microsoft Windows operating system to search for and remove adware that causes undesired Newsfeedscroller.com pop-ups, and other undesired software such as potentially unwanted apps, harmful web browser extensions, browser toolbars.
- Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) can be downloaded from the following link. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web-browser will display the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When downloading is finished, please close all software and open windows on your PC system. Next, start a file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will start the “Setup wizard” of Zemana onto your computer. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana Free will run and show the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button to search for adware related to the Newsfeedscroller.com ads. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your computer.
- After the system scan is complete, a list of all threats found is created.
- Make sure to check mark the items which are unsafe and then click the “Next” button. The utility will delete adware that causes multiple annoying pop ups. When finished, you may be prompted to restart the device.
- Close the Zemana Anti Malware and continue with the next step.
Use Hitman Pro to delete Newsfeedscroller.com popups
Hitman Pro is a portable program which requires no hard installation to identify and get rid of adware that causes Newsfeedscroller.com popup ads. The application itself is small in size (only a few Mb). HitmanPro does not need any drivers and special dlls. It’s probably easier to use than any alternative malicious software removal utilities you’ve ever tried. Hitman Pro works on 64 and 32-bit versions of Windows 10, 8, 7 and XP. It proves that removal utility can be just as useful as the widely known antivirus programs.
Visit the following page to download Hitman Pro. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
After the download is finished, open the folder in which you saved it. You will see an icon like below.
Double click the HitmanPro desktop icon. After the utility is started, you will see a screen as displayed in the following example.
Further, click “Next” button to begin checking your personal computer for the adware which causes unwanted Newsfeedscroller.com popups. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your computer and the speed of your PC system. Once that process is finished, you’ll be shown the list of all detected threats on your computer as displayed in the figure below.
Review the results once the tool has finished the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply click “Next” button. It will show a dialog box, press the “Activate free license” button.
Run MalwareBytes Anti Malware to remove Newsfeedscroller.com popup ads
If you’re having problems with Newsfeedscroller.com pop ups removal, then check out MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM). This is a utility that can help clean up your PC and improve your speeds for free. Find out more below.
MalwareBytes can be downloaded from the following link. Save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
When the download is finished, close all apps and windows on your device. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named MBSetup as displayed on the screen below.
When the install begins, you will see the Setup wizard which will help you set up Malwarebytes on your computer.
Once setup is done, you will see window like the one below.
Now click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the adware software that causes Newsfeedscroller.com ads in your web-browser. A scan may take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your PC and the speed of your PC. While the utility is scanning, you can see number of objects and files has already scanned.
Once finished, you may check all items detected on your personal computer. Review the report and then click “Quarantine” button.
The Malwarebytes will now start to remove adware that causes Newsfeedscroller.com pop ups in your web-browser. Once that process is complete, you may be prompted to restart your device.
The following video explains steps on how to remove hijacker, adware and other malware with MalwareBytes Free.
Use AdBlocker to block Newsfeedscroller.com and stay safe online
We advise to install an ad-blocker program which can block Newsfeedscroller.com and other unwanted websites. The ad blocking utility such as AdGuard is a application which basically removes advertising from the World Wide Web and stops access to malicious websites. Moreover, security experts says that using ad blocking software is necessary to stay safe when surfing the World Wide Web.
- Download AdGuard by clicking on the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After downloading it, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- After the install is complete, press “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you run your computer, AdGuard will run automatically and stop unwanted advertisements, block Newsfeedscroller.com, as well as other harmful or misleading websites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon called AdGuard, which can be found on your desktop.
To sum up
Now your computer should be free of the adware that causes multiple unwanted popups. We suggest that you keep Zemana (to periodically scan your computer for new adware softwares and other malicious software) and AdGuard (to help you stop annoying pop-ups and harmful web sites). Moreover, to prevent any adware software, please stay clear of unknown and third party apps, make sure that your antivirus program, turn on the option to look for PUPs.
If you need more help with Newsfeedscroller.com popups related issues, go to here.