Wizardclick.site is a web-page that misleads unsuspecting users into registering for spam browser notifications from this or similar web sites that will in turn bombard users with unwanted advertisements usually related to adware software, adult web-pages and other click fraud schemes. This webpage delivers the message stating that the user should click ‘Allow’ in order to watch a video, enable Flash Player, download a file, access the content of the website, connect to the Internet, and so on.
If you press on the ‘Allow’ button, then your web browser will be configured to display intrusive adverts on your desktop, even when you are not using the browser. The push notifications will promote ‘free’ online games, giveaway scams, dubious web-browser extensions, adult web sites, and fake downloads as shown on the image below.
If you are getting browser notification spam, you can remove Wizardclick.site subscription by going into your web-browser’s settings and completing the Wizardclick.site removal guide below. Once you remove Wizardclick.site subscription, the push notifications will no longer display on your screen.
|Name||Wizardclick.site pop up|
|Type||browser notification spam advertisements, pop up ads, pop ups, pop up virus|
|Distribution||adware software, social engineering attack, potentially unwanted apps, malicious pop up advertisements|
|Removal||Wizardclick.site removal guide|
How did you get infected with Wizardclick.site popups
Some research has shown that users can be redirected to Wizardclick.site from misleading ads or by PUPs and adware software. Adware is a part of potentially unwanted programs whose motive is to make profit for its developer. It have various ways of earning by showing the ads forcibly to its victims. Adware can generate popup deals, display intrusive ads, alter the victim’s internet browser settings, or reroute the victim’s web-browser to unwanted webpages. Aside from causing unwanted ads and web-browser redirections, it also can slow down the personal computer.
Many of the freeware out there install internet browser toolbars, hijackers, adware software and potentially unwanted programs along with them without your knowledge. One has to be attentive while installing freeware in order to avoid accidentally installing additional apps. It is important that you pay attention to the EULA (End User License Agreements) and choose the Custom, Manual or Advanced install mode as it will typically disclose what additional software will also be installed.
If you are unfortunate have adware or malicious software running on your PC system, you can follow the guidance here to delete Wizardclick.site pop ups from your browser.
How to remove Wizardclick.site ads (removal steps)
Wizardclick.site ads in the Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Edge and Chrome can be permanently deleted by uninstalling unwanted software, resetting the internet browser to its original state, and reversing any changes to the device by malware. Free removal utilities that listed below can help in uninstalling adware software which shows numerous popup windows and annoying adverts.
To remove Wizardclick.site pop ups, perform the steps below:
- How to manually remove Wizardclick.site
- Automatic Removal of Wizardclick.site pop up ads
- Run AdBlocker to stop Wizardclick.site pop up advertisements and stay safe online
- To sum up
How to manually remove Wizardclick.site
In this section of the article, we have posted the steps that will allow to get rid of Wizardclick.site pop-up ads manually. Although compared to removal tools, this method loses in time, but you don’t need to install anything on your PC. It will be enough for you to follow the detailed guidance with images. We tried to describe each step in detail, but if you realized that you might not be able to figure it out, or simply do not want to change the Microsoft Windows and web browser settings, then it’s better for you to use tools from trusted developers, which are listed below.
Uninstall recently added adware
Some of potentially unwanted applications, adware software and browser hijackers can be removed using the Add/Remove programs utility that may be found in the MS Windows Control Panel. So, if you’re running any version of Microsoft Windows and you have noticed an unwanted program, then first try to delete it through Add/Remove programs.
Press Windows button , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will display the Windows Control Panel as shown on the screen below.
Further, click “Uninstall a program”
It will show a list of all applications installed on your computer. Scroll through the all list, and remove any suspicious and unknown programs.
Remove Wizardclick.site notifications from web-browsers
If you’ve clicked the “Allow” button in the Wizardclick.site pop-up and gave a notification permission, you should delete this notification permission first from your web browser settings. To remove the Wizardclick.site permission to send spam notifications to your computer, perform the steps below. These steps are for Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Android.
Remove Wizardclick.site ads from Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings will help you to completely reset your browser. The result of activating this function will bring Chrome settings back to its default state. This can remove Wizardclick.site pop ups and disable harmful extensions. However, your saved passwords and bookmarks will not be changed, deleted or cleared.
- First, start the Chrome and click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will open the Google Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed add-ons. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following steps: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, press the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Advanced” link, which located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Google Chrome will display the reset settings dialog box as shown on the screen above.
- Confirm the browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Remove Wizardclick.site ads from Firefox
Resetting Mozilla Firefox browser will reset all the settings to their original state and will remove Wizardclick.site popups, malicious add-ons and extensions. Essential information like bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, cookies, auto-fill data and personal dictionaries will not be removed.
First, start the Firefox and click button. It will show the drop-down menu on the right-part of the web-browser. Further, press the Help button () as displayed in the figure below.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the web browser adress bar and press Enter. It will show the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown on the image below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, click the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will show the confirmation prompt. Further, press the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Mozilla Firefox will begin a process to fix your problems that caused by the Wizardclick.site adware. Once, it’s finished, press the “Finish” button.
Remove Wizardclick.site pop-up ads from Microsoft Internet Explorer
If you find that Microsoft Internet Explorer internet browser settings like startpage, new tab page and search provider by default had been changed by adware responsible for Wizardclick.site ads, then you may return your settings, via the reset web browser procedure.
First, start the Internet Explorer, press ) button. Next, press “Internet Options” such as the one below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, click Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the Reset Internet Explorer settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button.
You will now need to reboot your device for the changes to take effect. It will get rid of adware software that causes Wizardclick.site ads, disable malicious and ad-supported web browser’s extensions and restore the Internet Explorer’s settings such as default search engine, home page and newtab page to default state.
Automatic Removal of Wizardclick.site pop up ads
It’s not enough to remove Wizardclick.site popup advertisements from your web-browser by following the manual steps above to solve all problems. Some the adware related files may remain on your computer and they will recover the adware software even after you get rid of it. For that reason we recommend to run free antimalware tool like Zemana Anti Malware, MalwareBytes AntiMalware and HitmanPro. Either of those applications should be able to detect and delete adware that causes Wizardclick.site popups in your web-browser.
Remove Wizardclick.site popups with Zemana Free
Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) is a free program for Microsoft Windows OS to scan for and remove adware which cause popups, and other undesired software such as potentially unwanted applications, malicious internet browser extensions, browser toolbars.
- Installing the Zemana Anti-Malware is simple. First you will need to download Zemana from the link below. Save it on your Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web browser will open the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- Once the download is complete, please close all software and open windows on your computer. Next, run a file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will launch the “Setup wizard” of Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) onto your PC system. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana will run and open the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan” button to start checking your device for the adware software which cause intrusive Wizardclick.site popup ads. This task can take some time, so please be patient. When a malware, adware software or potentially unwanted programs are detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly.
- When the scan is finished, Zemana Anti-Malware will show a list of all items found by the scan.
- Make sure all threats have ‘checkmark’ and press the “Next” button. The tool will delete adware responsible for Wizardclick.site popup ads. Once the cleaning process is complete, you may be prompted to reboot the personal computer.
- Close the Zemana and continue with the next step.
Remove Wizardclick.site pop-up ads from browsers with Hitman Pro
Hitman Pro is one of the most useful tools for removing adware, PUPs and other malware. It can locate hidden adware in your device and remove all malicious folders and files linked to adware. Hitman Pro will help you to remove Wizardclick.site ads from your PC system and Microsoft Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome and Edge. We strongly recommend you to download this utility as the creators are working hard to make it better.
- Hitman Pro can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- When the download is finished, double click the HitmanPro icon. Once this utility is started, click “Next” button to perform a system scan with this utility for the adware responsible for Wizardclick.site pop-ups. Depending on your computer, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. When a threat is detected, the count of the security threats will change accordingly.
- Once that process is complete, Hitman Pro will show a scan report. Next, you need to click “Next” button. Now click the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to remove all malware found.
Use MalwareBytes Free to remove Wizardclick.site pop-up advertisements
Manual Wizardclick.site advertisements removal requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the adware software can be not completely removed. We suggest that run the MalwareBytes that are fully clean your PC system of adware. Moreover, the free program will allow you to get rid of malicious software, PUPs, hijackers and toolbars that your PC can be infected too.
- MalwareBytes Anti Malware can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- Once the download is finished, close all programs and windows on your computer. Open a file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named MBsetup.
- Choose “Personal computer” option and click Install button. Follow the prompts.
- Once setup is done, click the “Scan” button for scanning your computer for the adware which cause pop-ups. This task can take quite a while, so please be patient. While the MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) is scanning, you can see how many objects it has identified either as being malicious software.
- As the scanning ends, you may check all items detected on your PC system. When you’re ready, click “Quarantine”. When disinfection is finished, you can be prompted to restart your computer.
The following video offers a steps on how to remove hijackers, adware and other malicious software with MalwareBytes.
Run AdBlocker to stop Wizardclick.site pop up advertisements and stay safe online
In order to increase your security and protect your PC system against new undesired advertisements and malicious web-sites, you need to use ad blocking application that stops an access to harmful advertisements and web sites. Moreover, the program can block the display of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of web sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
Please go to the link below to download AdGuard. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After downloading it, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as displayed in the following example.
Follow the prompts. Once the install is finished, you will see a window as shown on the screen below.
You can press “Skip” to close the installation application and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial that will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and stop unwanted ads, block Wizardclick.site, as well as other harmful or misleading websites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which can be found on your desktop.
To sum up
Once you’ve complete the steps shown above, your computer should be clean from adware software that causes multiple intrusive popups and other malicious software. The Mozilla Firefox, Edge, IE and Chrome will no longer redirect you to various intrusive webpages such as Wizardclick.site. Unfortunately, if the tutorial does not help you, then you have caught a new adware software, and then the best way – ask for help here.