Tecontrad.top is a web page that uses social engineering to deceive you and other unsuspecting users into registering for its browser notification spam to send unwanted ads to the desktop. This web-page will deliver the message stating that the user should click ‘Allow’ in order to watch a video, download a file, access the content of the webpage, connect to the Internet, enable Flash Player, and so on.
Once you click on the ‘Allow’ button, the Tecontrad.top web site starts sending a large amount of push notifications on your the desktop. You will see the popup adverts even when the web-browser is closed. Push notifications are originally developed to alert the user of newly published content. Cyber criminals abuse ‘browser notification feature’ to avoid antivirus and ad blocker software by showing unwanted ads. These advertisements are displayed in the lower right corner of the screen urges users to play online games, visit dubious web-pages, install web-browser extensions & so on.
The best way to delete Tecontrad.top spam notifications open the browser’s settings and complete the Tecontrad.top removal guide below. Once you delete notifications subscription, the Tecontrad.top pop ups advertisements will no longer appear on your internet browser.
|Type||spam notifications advertisements, pop-up virus, pop-up ads, pop ups|
|Distribution||potentially unwanted programs, social engineering attack, adware, dubious pop-up ads|
|Removal||Tecontrad.top removal guide|
How does your PC system get infected with Tecontrad.top popups
Some research has shown that users can be redirected to Tecontrad.top from suspicious ads or by PUPs and adware. By definition, adware software is a piece of software which presents advertisements on a PC. However, people basically use the word ‘adware’ to describe a type of malware which presents undesired ads to the user. Most often, this kind of adware do not have any uninstall procedures and can use technologies that are similar to those used by trojans to penetrate the computer.
In most cases, adware come bundled with the installation packages from file sharing webpages. So, install a free programs is a a good chance that you will find a bundled adware. If you don’t know how to avoid it, then use a simple trick. During the installation, select the Custom or Advanced setup type. Next, press ‘Decline’ button and clear all checkboxes on offers that ask you to install bundled programs. Moreover, please carefully read Term of use and User agreement before installing any applications or otherwise you may end up with another unwanted application on your PC system like this adware.
You should get rid of adware software ASAP. Here, in this article below, you can found the helpful tutorial on How to delete adware and Tecontrad.top popup advertisements from your personal computer for free.
How to remove Tecontrad.top pop up ads from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
In many cases adware requires more than a simple uninstall with the help of Windows Control panel in order to be fully uninstalled. For that reason, our team developed several removal ways that we have summarized in a detailed instructions. Therefore, if you have the unwanted Tecontrad.top ads on your personal computer and are currently trying to have it deleted then feel free to follow the step-by-step guide below in order to resolve your problem. Some of the steps will require you to restart your computer or close this web page. So, read this guidance carefully, then bookmark this page or open it on your smartphone for later reference.
To remove Tecontrad.top pop ups, execute the following steps:
- How to delete Tecontrad.top ads without any software
- Automatic Removal of Tecontrad.top pop-ups
- Use AdBlocker to block Tecontrad.top and stay safe online
- To sum up
How to delete Tecontrad.top ads without any software
The step-by-step guidance will help you manually remove Tecontrad.top pop-up ads from the internet browser. If you have little experience in using computers, we recommend that you use the free tools listed below.
Delete adware through the Microsoft Windows Control Panel
One of the first things to attempt for removal of adware is to check your computer installed applications screen and look for unwanted and dubious software. If there are any software you do not recognize or are no longer using, you should delete them. If that doesn’t work, then you may need to run adware removal utility like Zemana Free.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
First, press Windows button , then click Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter as shown on the image below.
Once the ‘Control Panel’ opens, press the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as on the image below.
You will see the ‘Uninstall a program’ panel like the one below.
Very carefully look around the entire list of apps installed on your PC system. Most probably, one of them is the adware which cause pop-ups. If you’ve many programs installed, you can help simplify the search of harmful programs by sort the list by date of installation. Once you have found a suspicious, unwanted or unused program, right click to it, after that click ‘Uninstall’.
Windows XP, Vista, 7
First, press ‘Start’ button and select ‘Control Panel’ at right panel as shown in the following example.
When the Windows ‘Control Panel’ opens, you need to click ‘Uninstall a program’ under ‘Programs’ like the one below.
You will see a list of programs installed on your computer. We recommend to sort the list by date of installation to quickly find the programs that were installed last. Most likely, it’s the adware which cause popups. If you are in doubt, you can always check the application by doing a search for her name in Google, Yahoo or Bing. After the program which you need to uninstall is found, simply click on its name, and then click ‘Uninstall’ as on the image below.
Remove Tecontrad.top notifications from web-browsers
if you became a victim of online criminals and clicked on the “Allow” button, then your web browser was configured to display undesired advertisements. To remove the ads, you need to delete the notification permission that you gave the Tecontrad.top webpage to send browser notification spam.
- Just copy and paste the following text into the address bar of Google Chrome.
- Press Enter.
- Delete the Tecontrad.top site and other rogue notifications by clicking three vertical dots button next to each and selecting ‘Remove’.
- Tap ‘Settings’.
- Tap ‘Notifications’.
- Find and tap the web-browser that displays Tecontrad.top spam notifications advertisements.
- Find Tecontrad.top site, other suspicious sites and set the toggle button to ‘OFF’ on them one-by-one.
- Click on ‘three bars’ button at the right upper corner of the browser window.
- Select ‘Options’ and click on ‘Privacy & Security’ on the left hand side of the Firefox.
- Scroll down to the ‘Permissions’ section and click the ‘Settings’ button next to ‘Notifications’.
- Locate sites you down’t want to see notifications from (for example, Tecontrad.top), click on drop-down menu next to each and select ‘Block’.
- Save changes.
- Click the More button (three dots) in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Click ‘Settings’. Click ‘Advanced’ on the left side of the window.
- Click ‘Manage permissions’ button, located beneath ‘Website permissions’.
- Disable the on switch for the Tecontrad.top.
- Click the Gear button on the right upper corner of the screen.
- Select ‘Internet options’.
- Click on the ‘Privacy’ tab and select ‘Settings’ in the pop-up blockers section.
- Find the Tecontrad.top domain and click the ‘Remove’ button to delete the URL.
- Click ‘Safari’ button on the top left hand corner of the browser and select ‘Preferences’.
- Select the ‘Websites’ tab and then select ‘Notifications’ section on the left panel.
- Check for Tecontrad.top site, other questionable URLs and apply the ‘Deny’ option for each.
Remove Tecontrad.top popup advertisements from Google Chrome
Like other modern web-browsers, the Google Chrome has the ability to reset the settings to their default values and thereby recover the web browser’s settings like home page, search provider by default and new tab that have been replaced by the adware that causes multiple unwanted pop-ups.
First run the Google Chrome. Next, press the button in the form of three horizontal dots ().
It will open the Chrome menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions. Carefully browse through the list of installed extensions. If the list has the plugin signed with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following tutorial: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
Open the Chrome menu once again. Further, click the option named “Settings”.
The browser will show the settings screen. Another solution to open the Chrome’s settings – type chrome://settings in the web browser adress bar and press Enter
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the “Advanced” link. Now scroll down until the “Reset” section is visible, like below and click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
The Google Chrome will display the confirmation prompt as shown below.
You need to confirm your action, press the “Reset” button. The web-browser will start the task of cleaning. Once it’s complete, the web browser’s settings including search engine by default, startpage and newtab page back to the values that have been when the Google Chrome was first installed on your computer.
Delete Tecontrad.top from Firefox by resetting browser settings
If Mozilla Firefox settings are hijacked by the adware software, your browser displays undesired pop up advertisements, then ‘Reset Firefox’ could solve these problems. However, your saved bookmarks and passwords will not be lost. This will not affect your history, passwords, bookmarks, and other saved data.
Click the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and click the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu as shown in the following example.
A small menu will appear, click the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, click “Refresh Firefox” button as shown on the image below.
Follow the onscreen procedure to restore your Firefox internet browser settings to their original settings.
Remove Tecontrad.top pop-up ads from Internet Explorer
By resetting Microsoft Internet Explorer web browser you restore your browser settings to its default state. This is basic when troubleshooting problems that might have been caused by adware which cause annoying Tecontrad.top pop ups.
First, run the Internet Explorer, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will display the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the web browser, then click the “Internet Options” as shown in the figure below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then click the “Reset” button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box. Further, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, click the “Reset” button as shown in the following example.
When the task is done, click “Close” button. Close the Internet Explorer and reboot your device for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your web-browser’s homepage, new tab page and default search provider to default state.
Automatic Removal of Tecontrad.top pop-ups
If you are not expert at computer technology, then we suggest to run free removal tools listed below to get rid of Tecontrad.top popup advertisements for good. The automatic method is highly recommended. It has less steps and easier to implement than the manual way. Moreover, it lower risk of system damage. So, the automatic Tecontrad.top removal is a better option.
Use Zemana Free to delete Tecontrad.top popups
Thinking about get rid of Tecontrad.top ads from your web-browser? Then pay attention to Zemana Anti Malware. This is a well-known utility, originally created just to search for and delete malware, adware and PUPs. But by now it has seriously changed and can not only rid you of malware, but also protect your personal computer from malicious software and adware, as well as find and get rid of common viruses and trojans.
First, click the following link, then click the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of Zemana AntiMalware.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
Once the downloading process is finished, close all programs and windows on your computer. Double-click the install file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. If the “User Account Control” dialog box pops up as displayed in the figure below, click the “Yes” button.
It will open the “Setup wizard” that will help you set up Zemana Free on your computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once installation is finished successfully, Zemana Free will automatically start and you can see its main screen as on the image below.
Now click the “Scan” button to start checking your computer for the adware related to the Tecontrad.top ads. A system scan may take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your PC system. When a malicious software, adware or potentially unwanted software are detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the checking is finished.
When the system scan is complete, the results are displayed in the scan report. Review the scan results and then click “Next” button. The Zemana Free will remove adware that cause annoying Tecontrad.top advertisements. After that process is finished, you may be prompted to reboot the PC system.
Use HitmanPro to remove Tecontrad.top pop ups
HitmanPro cleans your computer from hijackers, potentially unwanted apps, unwanted toolbars, browser extensions and other unwanted programs like adware responsible for Tecontrad.top popup advertisements. The free removal utility will help you enjoy your PC to its fullest. HitmanPro uses advanced behavioral detection technologies to look for if there are undesired apps in your computer. You can review the scan results, and select the threats you want to erase.
- Please go to the following link to download the latest version of HitmanPro for Windows. Save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- Once the downloading process is complete, start the HitmanPro, double-click the HitmanPro.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, click Yes to continue.
- In the Hitman Pro window, click the “Next” to search for adware software that causes multiple annoying popups. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the count of files on your PC and the speed of your personal computer. When a malware, adware or PUPs are detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the checking is complete.
- Once the scan is complete, Hitman Pro will show you the results. Review the report and then click “Next”. Now, press the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to remove all malicious software found.
Run MalwareBytes to remove Tecontrad.top advertisements
You can remove Tecontrad.top pop-ups automatically with a help of MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM). We advise this free malicious software removal tool because it can easily remove hijackers, adware, PUPs and toolbars with all their components such as files, folders and registry entries.
- Visit the page linked below to download MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM). Save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your internet browser will display the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- Once downloading is done, please close all applications and open windows on your computer. Double-click on the icon that’s named MBSetup.
- This will open the Setup wizard of MalwareBytes Free onto your PC system. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes will open and open the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan” button to begin checking your computer for the adware responsible for Tecontrad.top pop up advertisements. While the MalwareBytes Anti Malware program is scanning, you can see count of objects it has identified as threat.
- When MalwareBytes AntiMalware has finished scanning your device, you may check all threats detected on your personal computer.
- When you’re ready, click the “Quarantine” button. Once the clean-up is complete, you may be prompted to restart the computer.
- Close the Anti Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Use AdBlocker to block Tecontrad.top and stay safe online
It is also critical to protect your web-browsers from harmful websites and ads by using an ad blocker application such as AdGuard. Security experts says that it’ll greatly reduce the risk of malware, and potentially save lots of money. Additionally, the AdGuard may also protect your privacy by blocking almost all trackers.
Visit the page linked below to download AdGuard. Save it on your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After downloading it, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as displayed on the image below.
Follow the prompts. After the installation is done, you will see a window as displayed in the following example.
You can press “Skip” to close the setup application and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you start your device, AdGuard will start automatically and stop undesired advertisements, block Tecontrad.top, as well as other malicious or misleading webpages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that is located on your desktop.
To sum up
After completing the step-by-step guide shown above, your personal computer should be clean from adware software related to the Tecontrad.top ads and other malicious software. The Edge, Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Internet Explorer will no longer reroute you to various undesired web-pages similar to Tecontrad.top. Unfortunately, if the few simple steps does not help you, then you have caught a new adware, and then the best way – ask for help here.