Face-push.com is a web site that uses the browser notification feature to lure users into signing up for its spam notifications that go directly to the desktop or the internet browser. This website will display the ‘Confirm notifications’ confirmation request that attempts to get you to press the ‘Allow’ button to subscribe to its notifications.
If you press the ‘Allow’, then you will start seeing unwanted advertisements in form of pop-ups on the desktop. The devs behind Face-push.com use these push notifications to bypass protection against pop ups in the browser and therefore display a large amount of unwanted adverts. These ads are used to promote questionable web-browser extensions, free gifts scams, adware software bundles, and adult web-sites.
The best method to unsubscribe from Face-push.com browser notification spam open your browser’s settings and perform the Face-push.com removal steps below. Once you delete Face-push.com subscription, the spam notifications will no longer appear on the screen.
|Name||Face-push.com pop up|
|Type||spam notifications ads, pop up advertisements, pop-up virus, pop-ups|
|Distribution||dubious pop up advertisements, social engineering attack, adware, PUPs|
|Removal||Face-push.com removal guide|
How did you get infected with Face-push.com popups
Some research has shown that users can be redirected to Face-push.com from malicious advertisements or by potentially unwanted applications and adware software. Adware is form of malware which presents unwanted advertising on a PC, redirects search results to advertising websites and collects user data for marketing purposes. Adware can show banner ads, full-screen ads, popups, videos, or other varieties of online advertising. Adware can attack your PC system’s internet browsers like the Mozilla Firefox, MS Edge, IE and Google Chrome. Maybe you approve the idea that the ads or pop-ups is just a small problem. But these annoying ads eat personal computer resources and slow down your personal computer performance
Usually, adware gets into your computer as part of a bundle with free software, sharing files and other unsafe programs which you downloaded from the Internet. The authors of adware software pays software creators for distributing adware within their programs. So, optional programs is often included as part of the installer. In order to avoid the installation of any adware: choose only Manual, Custom or Advanced setup type and uncheck all optional applications in which you are unsure.
The best option is to use the step-by-step guidance posted below to clean your PC of adware software and thus remove Face-push.com pop ups.
How to remove Face-push.com popups (removal tutorial)
If you have constant pop ups or undesired advertisements, slow computer, freezing personal computer issues, you are in need of adware removal assistance. The few simple steps below will guide you forward to get Face-push.com popups removed and will allow you get your computer operating at peak capacity again.
To remove Face-push.com pop ups, execute the following steps:
- How to get rid of Face-push.com pop-up advertisements without any software
- Automatic Removal of Face-push.com advertisements
- How to stop Face-push.com pop-up ads
- To sum up
How to get rid of Face-push.com pop-up advertisements without any software
First try to remove Face-push.com popup ads manually; to do this, follow the steps below. Of course, manual removal of adware requires more time and may not be suitable for those who are poorly versed in computer settings. In this case, we suggest that you scroll down to the section that describes how to remove Face-push.com popups using free tools.
Delete unwanted or newly added apps
First of all, check the list of installed apps on your computer and remove all unknown and newly installed software. If you see an unknown program with incorrect spelling or varying capital letters, it have most likely been installed by malicious software and you should clean it off first with malicious software removal utility like Zemana.
|Windows 7||Windows 8|
|Windows 10||Mac OS|
Remove Face-push.com notifications from web-browsers
if you became a victim of cyber criminals and clicked on the “Allow” button, then your internet browser was configured to show unwanted advertisements. To remove the ads, you need to delete the notification permission that you gave the Face-push.com web site to send push notifications.
- Just copy and paste the following text into the address bar of Chrome.
- Press Enter.
- Delete the Face-push.com URL and other dubious sites by clicking three vertical dots button next to each and selecting ‘Remove’.
- Open Chrome.
- In the top right hand corner, find and tap the Google Chrome menu (three dots).
- In the menu tap ‘Settings’, scroll down to ‘Advanced’.
- In the ‘Site Settings’, tap on ‘Notifications’, locate the Face-push.com site and tap on it.
- Tap the ‘Clean & Reset’ button and confirm.
- Click on ‘three horizontal stripes’ button at the top-right corner of the browser window.
- In the menu go to ‘Options’, in the menu on the left go to ‘Privacy & Security’.
- Scroll down to ‘Permissions’ section and click ‘Settings…’ button next to ‘Notifications’.
- Locate sites you down’t want to see notifications from (for example, Face-push.com), click on drop-down menu next to each and select ‘Block’.
- Save changes.
- Click the More button (it looks like three dots) in the top right hand corner of the screen.
- Scroll down to ‘Settings’. In the menu on the left go to ‘Advanced’.
- Click ‘Manage permissions’ button below ‘Website permissions’.
- Disable the on switch for the Face-push.com site.
- In the top-right corner, click on the menu button (gear icon).
- Select ‘Internet options’.
- Click on the ‘Privacy’ tab and select ‘Settings’ in the pop-up blockers section.
- Select the Face-push.com URL and other suspicious sites below and remove them one by one by clicking the ‘Remove’ button.
- Click ‘Safari’ button on the left-upper corner of the browser and select ‘Preferences’.
- Open ‘Websites’ tab, then in the left menu click on ‘Notifications’.
- Locate the Face-push.com site and select it, click the ‘Deny’ button.
Delete Face-push.com from Firefox by resetting web-browser settings
If the Firefox settings like start page, search provider and newtab have been replaced by the adware, then resetting it to the default state can help. However, your saved passwords and bookmarks will not be changed, deleted or cleared.
Run the Mozilla Firefox and click the menu button (it looks like three stacked lines) at the top right of the internet browser screen. Next, click the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will show the slide-out menu.
Select the “Troubleshooting information”. If you are unable to access the Help menu, then type “about:support” in your address bar and press Enter. It bring up the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown on the image below.
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the Troubleshooting Information page. Select “Refresh Firefox” in the confirmation dialog box. The Firefox will begin a procedure to fix your problems that caused by the Face-push.com adware. After, it is complete, click the “Finish” button.
Get rid of Face-push.com popup ads from Internet Explorer
If you find that Internet Explorer internet browser settings such as new tab, start page and search engine by default had been modified by adware software that causes Face-push.com ads, then you may restore your settings, via the reset browser procedure.
First, run the Microsoft Internet Explorer, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will display the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the browser, then click the “Internet Options” such as the one below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then press the “Reset” button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” prompt. Further, press the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, click the “Reset” button as shown in the figure below.
When the procedure is done, press “Close” button. Close the Internet Explorer and reboot your personal computer for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your browser’s search engine, startpage and newtab page to default state.
Remove Face-push.com pop ups from Google Chrome
If you have adware problem or the Google Chrome is running slow, then reset Google Chrome settings can help you. In the steps below we’ll show you a method to reset your Google Chrome settings to default state without reinstall. This will also allow to remove Face-push.com popups from your web browser.
- First, launch the Google Chrome and press the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will display the Google Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then press Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed add-ons. If the list has the addon labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guide: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Advanced” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Google Chrome will display the reset settings dialog box as shown on the screen above.
- Confirm the browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Automatic Removal of Face-push.com advertisements
Security specialists have built efficient adware removal tools to aid users in removing unwanted pop-ups and unwanted advertisements. Below we will share with you the best malicious software removal tools that have the ability to detect and get rid of adware which causes annoying Face-push.com pop-up advertisements.
How to remove Face-push.com popup advertisements with Zemana
Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) highly recommended, because it can search for security threats such adware software and malicious software that most ‘classic’ antivirus apps fail to pick up on. Moreover, if you have any Face-push.com advertisements removal problems which cannot be fixed by this utility automatically, then Zemana Free provides 24X7 online assistance from the highly experienced support staff.
Now you can setup and use Zemana to remove Face-push.com advertisements from your internet browser by following the steps below:
Please go to the link below to download Zemana Anti-Malware setup package named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup on your PC. Save it on your Windows desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
Start the setup file after it has been downloaded successfully and then follow the prompts to install this tool on your device.
During installation you can change certain settings, but we recommend you don’t make any changes to default settings.
When install is complete, this malicious software removal tool will automatically launch and update itself. You will see its main window as displayed on the image below.
Now click the “Scan” button for checking your personal computer for the adware related to the Face-push.com pop-up advertisements. Depending on your PC, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. While the tool is checking, you can see how many objects and files has already scanned.
When Zemana has finished scanning, Zemana Free will produce a list of unwanted programs and adware. Review the results once the tool has complete the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply click “Next” button.
The Zemana Anti Malware will delete adware software that causes Face-push.com popup advertisements in your browser and move the selected items to the Quarantine. When the clean-up is finished, you can be prompted to reboot your computer to make the change take effect.
Use Hitman Pro to delete Face-push.com pop-up advertisements
Hitman Pro is a free portable application that scans your personal computer for adware that causes intrusive Face-push.com pop up ads, potentially unwanted software and hijackers and allows remove them easily. Moreover, it will also help you remove any harmful web-browser extensions and add-ons.
Installing the HitmanPro is simple. First you will need to download HitmanPro on your PC by clicking on the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
Once the downloading process is complete, open the file location. You will see an icon like below.
Double click the Hitman Pro desktop icon. After the utility is started, you will see a screen as displayed in the figure below.
Further, press “Next” button for scanning your PC system for the adware software which cause intrusive Face-push.com ads. This procedure may take some time, so please be patient. When Hitman Pro has finished scanning your personal computer, Hitman Pro will produce a list of unwanted software and adware as displayed on the image below.
All detected threats will be marked. You can remove them all by simply click “Next” button. It will display a prompt, press the “Activate free license” button.
Remove Face-push.com pop ups with MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM)
You can delete Face-push.com ads automatically with a help of MalwareBytes Free. We suggest this free malicious software removal utility because it can easily get rid of hijackers, adware, potentially unwanted software and toolbars with all their components such as files, folders and registry entries.
- First, click the following link, then click the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of MalwareBytes.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- Once the downloading process is finished, close all apps and windows on your computer. Open a file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named MBsetup.
- Select “Personal computer” option and click Install button. Follow the prompts.
- Once install is complete, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the adware that cause intrusive Face-push.com pop-up ads. This process can take some time, so please be patient. While the MalwareBytes application is scanning, you may see count of objects it has identified as threat.
- When MalwareBytes AntiMalware has finished scanning your computer, MalwareBytes Free will show a screen that contains a list of malware that has been found. Review the report and then click “Quarantine”. Once that process is complete, you can be prompted to reboot your PC system.
The following video offers a steps on how to get rid of browser hijackers, adware and other malware with MalwareBytes Anti Malware.
How to stop Face-push.com pop-up ads
Using an adblocker program like AdGuard is an effective way to alleviate the risks. Additionally, adblocker software will also protect you from malicious ads and websites, and, of course, block redirection chain to Face-push.com and similar web-sites.
Visit the following page to download the latest version of AdGuard for Windows. Save it on your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After downloading it, double-click the downloaded file to start it. The “Setup Wizard” window will show up on the computer screen as displayed in the following example.
Follow the prompts. AdGuard will then be installed and an icon will be placed on your desktop. A window will show up asking you to confirm that you want to see a quick instructions as displayed on the screen below.
Click “Skip” button to close the window and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick guidance that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
Each time, when you run your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and stop unwanted advertisements, block Face-push.com, as well as other harmful or misleading websites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your desktop.
To sum up
Now your PC system should be clean of the adware which cause annoying Face-push.com pop ups. We suggest that you keep Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) (to periodically scan your PC for new adwares and other malicious software) and AdGuard (to help you stop undesired pop-up ads and malicious web pages). Moreover, to prevent any adware software, please stay clear of unknown and third party programs, make sure that your antivirus application, turn on the option to detect PUPs.
If you need more help with Face-push.com pop-up ads related issues, go to here.