Ekamarkable.club is a web site that tricks users to accept push notifications via the web-browser. It will deliver the message stating that you should click ‘Allow’ button in order to connect to the Internet, enable Flash Player, access the content of the web-page, download a file, watch a video, and so on.
Once click on the ‘Allow’, the Ekamarkable.club web site gets your permission to send browser notification spam in form of pop-up ads in the right bottom corner of your desktop. Push notifications are originally developed to alert the user of recently published content. Cybercriminals abuse ‘push notifications’ to avoid antivirus and ad-blocker programs by presenting unwanted ads. These advertisements are displayed in the lower right corner of the screen urges users to play online games, visit dubious web sites, install web browser extensions & so on.
The best method to unsubscribe from Ekamarkable.club push notifications open your internet browser’s settings and perform the Ekamarkable.club removal steps below. Once you delete notifications subscription, the Ekamarkable.club popups advertisements will no longer appear on the desktop.
|Type||push notifications ads, popup ads, pop-ups, popup virus|
|Distribution||adwares, misleading popup ads, potentially unwanted software, social engineering attack|
|Removal||Ekamarkable.club removal guide|
How does your machine get infected with Ekamarkable.club popups
Some research has shown that users can be redirected to Ekamarkable.club from shady ads or by PUPs and adware software. Adware is a part of malicious software which presents unwanted ads to the user of a system. The advertisements produced by adware are sometimes in the form of a in-text link, popup or sometimes in an unclosable window.
The majority of adware gets on your machine along with free programs or even paid apps that Internet users can easily download online. The installation packages of such software, in many cases, clearly display that they will install optional applications. The option is given to users to block the setup of any bundled applications. So, in order to avoid the setup of any adware: read all disclaimers and install screens very carefully, choose only Custom or Advanced install type and uncheck all additional programs in which you are unsure.
To find out how to delete Ekamarkable.club popup ads, we recommend to read the steps added to this post below. The guide was created by experienced security professionals who discovered a way to remove the annoying adware out of the PC system.
How to remove Ekamarkable.club pop-ups from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
In order to delete Ekamarkable.club popup advertisements from the MS Edge, IE, Mozilla Firefox and Chrome, you need to reset the web browser settings. Additionally, you should look up for other dubious entries, such as files, programs, internet browser addons and shortcut files. However, if you want to remove Ekamarkable.club pop ups easily, you should use reputable anti-malware utility and let it do the job for you.
To remove Ekamarkable.club pop ups, perform the steps below:
- How to get rid of Ekamarkable.club pop-ups without any software
- Automatic Removal of Ekamarkable.club pop up ads
- Stop Ekamarkable.club ads
- Finish words
How to get rid of Ekamarkable.club pop-ups without any software
This part of the post is a step-by-step guide that will help you to delete Ekamarkable.club advertisements manually. You just need to carefully complete each step. In this case, you do not need to download any additional utilities.
Remove recently added PUPs
The main cause of Ekamarkable.club pop ups could be PUPs, adware or other unwanted programs that you may have accidentally installed on the PC system. You need to identify and remove all dubious programs.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
First, click Windows button , then press Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter as shown in the following example.
After the ‘Control Panel’ opens, click the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as shown in the following example.
You will see the ‘Uninstall a program’ panel as on the image below.
Very carefully look around the entire list of programs installed on your personal computer. Most probably, one of them is the adware software related to the Ekamarkable.club pop-up advertisements. If you have many apps installed, you can help simplify the search of malicious programs by sort the list by date of installation. Once you have found a questionable, unwanted or unused program, right click to it, after that press ‘Uninstall’.
Windows XP, Vista, 7
First, press ‘Start’ button and select ‘Control Panel’ at right panel like below.
After the Windows ‘Control Panel’ opens, you need to press ‘Uninstall a program’ under ‘Programs’ as displayed in the following example.
You will see a list of software installed on your computer. We recommend to sort the list by date of installation to quickly find the programs that were installed last. Most probably, it’s the adware responsible for Ekamarkable.club pop ups. If you are in doubt, you can always check the program by doing a search for her name in Google, Yahoo or Bing. Once the program which you need to uninstall is found, simply click on its name, and then click ‘Uninstall’ as shown on the screen below.
Remove Ekamarkable.club notifications from internet browsers
If you’ve clicked the “Allow” button in the Ekamarkable.club pop up and gave a notification permission, you should delete this notification permission first from your internet browser settings. To delete the Ekamarkable.club permission to send browser notification spam to your computer, execute the following steps. These steps are for Microsoft Windows, Mac OS and Android.
- In the top right hand corner of the screen, click on ‘three vertical dots’, and this will open up the main menu on Google Chrome.
- In the menu go to ‘Settings’, scroll down to ‘Advanced’ settings.
- When the drop-down menu appears, tap ‘Settings’. Scroll down to ‘Advanced’.
- Go to Notifications settings.
- Locate the Ekamarkable.club site and remove it by clicking the three vertical dots on the right to the URL and select ‘Remove’.
- Open Chrome.
- Tap on the Menu button (three dots) on the top right hand corner of the Google Chrome window.
- In the menu tap ‘Settings’, scroll down to ‘Advanced’.
- In the ‘Site Settings’, tap on ‘Notifications’, locate the Ekamarkable.club site and tap on it.
- Tap the ‘Clean & Reset’ button and confirm.
- In the top-right corner, click the Firefox menu (three bars).
- In the drop-down menu select ‘Options’. In the left side select ‘Privacy & Security’.
- Scroll down to the ‘Permissions’ section and click the ‘Settings’ button next to ‘Notifications’.
- Select the Ekamarkable.club domain from the list and change the status to ‘Block’.
- Click ‘Save Changes’ button.
- In the top right corner, click the Edge menu button (three dots).
- Click ‘Settings’. Click ‘Advanced’ on the left side of the window.
- Click ‘Manage permissions’ button below ‘Website permissions’.
- Click the switch below the Ekamarkable.club so that it turns off.
- Click the Gear button on the top right corner of the window.
- Go to ‘Internet Options’ in the menu.
- Click on the ‘Privacy’ tab and select ‘Settings’ in the pop-up blockers section.
- Select the Ekamarkable.club site and other questionable sites below and delete them one by one by clicking the ‘Remove’ button.
- On the top menu select ‘Safari’, then ‘Preferences’.
- Select the ‘Websites’ tab and then select ‘Notifications’ section on the left panel.
- Check for Ekamarkable.club site, other questionable URLs and apply the ‘Deny’ option for each.
Remove Ekamarkable.club advertisements from Firefox
If the Firefox web browser application is hijacked, then resetting its settings can help. The Reset feature is available on all modern version of Mozilla Firefox. A reset can fix many issues by restoring Firefox settings like home page, default search provider and newtab page to their original settings. However, your saved passwords and bookmarks will not be changed, deleted or cleared.
First, launch the Firefox. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will display the drop-down menu. Next, press the Help button ().
In the Help menu click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button as shown in the figure below.
Confirm your action, press the “Refresh Firefox”.
Remove Ekamarkable.club ads from Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings can allow you solve some problems caused by adware and remove Ekamarkable.club ads from internet browser. This will also disable malicious extensions as well as clear cookies and site data. Essential information such as bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, cookies, auto-fill data and personal dictionaries will not be removed.
Open the Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal dotes (). It will open the drop-down menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
Carefully browse through the list of installed addons. If the list has the plugin labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guide: Remove Google Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy otherwise, just go to the step below.
Open the Google Chrome main menu again, click to “Settings” option.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Advanced” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, as shown below and click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
Confirm your action, click the “Reset” button.
Delete Ekamarkable.club pop-up advertisements from Internet Explorer
In order to restore all web browser default search provider, start page and newtab page you need to reset the Internet Explorer to the state, that was when the Windows was installed on your machine.
First, start the Internet Explorer, click ) button. Next, click “Internet Options” as displayed on the screen below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, click Reset button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will show the Reset Internet Explorer settings dialog box. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and press Reset button.
You will now need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect. It will delete adware which cause undesired Ekamarkable.club pop ups, disable malicious and ad-supported web browser’s extensions and restore the Microsoft Internet Explorer’s settings like newtab, home page and default search engine to default state.
Automatic Removal of Ekamarkable.club pop up ads
If you’re unsure how to delete Ekamarkable.club pop ups easily, consider using automatic adware software removal programs that listed below. It will identify the adware software that causes multiple intrusive popups and delete it from your machine for free.
Delete Ekamarkable.club pop up advertisements with Zemana
Does Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) remove adware software which cause pop-ups? The adware is often installed with malicious software which can force you to install an application such as spyware you don’t want. Therefore, suggest using the Zemana. It’s a utility developed to scan and get rid of adware software and other malicious software from your PC for free.
- Click the following link to download Zemana Free. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- When downloading is finished, close all programs and windows on your personal computer. Open a folder in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is done, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the adware that causes Ekamarkable.club pop-ups. Depending on your PC, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. When a threat is detected, the count of the security threats will change accordingly.
- Once finished, you can check all items found on your computer. All found items will be marked. You can remove them all by simply click “Next”. After finished, you can be prompted to reboot your PC.
Remove Ekamarkable.club pop-ups and malicious extensions with Hitman Pro
If Zemana Anti-Malware cannot get rid of this adware software, then we recommends to use the HitmanPro. HitmanPro is a free removal tool for hijackers, PUPs, toolbars and adware which cause intrusive Ekamarkable.club ads. It is specially designed to work as a second scanner for your computer.
First, visit the page linked below, then press the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of HitmanPro.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
When the downloading process is finished, open the file location. You will see an icon like below.
Double click the Hitman Pro desktop icon. After the utility is launched, you will see a screen as displayed on the image below.
Further, click “Next” button . Hitman Pro program will scan through the whole computer for the adware that causes Ekamarkable.club advertisements. Depending on your computer, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. As the scanning ends, you’ll be displayed the list of all detected threats on your computer as displayed in the following example.
Review the results once the utility has finished the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply click “Next” button. It will open a dialog box, click the “Activate free license” button.
Get rid of Ekamarkable.club pop-ups with MalwareBytes Anti Malware
If you are still having problems with the Ekamarkable.club advertisements — or just wish to check your PC occasionally for adware and other malware — download MalwareBytes Anti Malware. It’s free for home use, and searches for and deletes various unwanted programs that attacks your system or degrades computer performance. MalwareBytes can remove adware, potentially unwanted applications as well as malware, including ransomware and trojans.
Download MalwareBytes AntiMalware by clicking on the link below. Save it on your MS Windows desktop or in any other place.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
After downloading is complete, close all programs and windows on your computer. Double-click the install file named MBSetup. If the “User Account Control” prompt pops up like below, click the “Yes” button.
It will open the Setup wizard that will help you install MalwareBytes on your computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once installation is finished successfully, press “Get Started” button. MalwareBytes will automatically start and you can see its main screen as on the image below.
Now press the “Scan” button to begin scanning your system for the adware related to the Ekamarkable.club advertisements. A system scan may take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your computer. When a malicious software, adware software or potentially unwanted software are found, the count of the security threats will change accordingly.
Once the scan is complete, MalwareBytes Free will open you the results. When you’re ready, click “Quarantine” button. The MalwareBytes Anti-Malware will get rid of adware that cause unwanted Ekamarkable.club advertisements and move the selected threats to the Quarantine. Once the cleaning procedure is finished, you may be prompted to restart the PC system.
We recommend you look at the following video, which completely explains the process of using the MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) to remove adware software, hijacker and other malware.
Stop Ekamarkable.club ads
Enabling an adblocker program such as AdGuard is an effective way to alleviate the risks. Additionally, ad blocker apps will also protect you from harmful ads and websites, and, of course, stop redirection chain to Ekamarkable.club and similar webpages.
- Installing the AdGuard is simple. First you’ll need to download AdGuard on your MS Windows Desktop by clicking on the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- Once downloading is finished, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- When the setup is complete, press “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you start your PC, AdGuard will start automatically and stop undesired ads, block Ekamarkable.club, as well as other malicious or misleading web pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, that may be found on your desktop.
After completing the steps above, your computer should be clean from this adware and other malicious software. The Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Edge and Google Chrome will no longer display annoying Ekamarkable.club web page when you surf the Web. Unfortunately, if the guide does not help you, then you have caught a new adware software, and then the best way – ask for help.
Please create a new question by using the “Ask Question” button in the Questions and Answers. Try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately. Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the annoying Ekamarkable.club pop up ads.