According to experienced security professionals, Collectwinners.com is a website which uses social engineering methods to lure unsuspecting users into signing up for its spam notifications that go directly to the desktop or the web-browser. It will display the ‘Confirm notifications’ confirmation request states that clicking ‘Allow’ button will let the user watch a video, download a file, enable Flash Player, connect to the Internet, access the content of the web page, and so on.
Once you press the ‘Allow’ button, then you will start seeing unwanted advertisements in form of pop ups on the screen. The push notifications will promote ‘free’ online games, prize & lottery scams, questionable browser plugins, adult web-pages, and adware software bundles as displayed below.
To end this intrusive behavior and remove Collectwinners.com spam notifications, you need to change browser settings that got altered by adware. For that, perform the Collectwinners.com removal instructions below. Once you delete Collectwinners.com subscription, the push notifications will no longer display on your desktop.
|Type||push notifications ads, pop-up ads, pop-up virus, popups|
|Distribution||adware softwares, potentially unwanted programs, shady popup ads, social engineering attack|
|Removal||Collectwinners.com removal guide|
How did you get infected with Collectwinners.com popups
Some research has shown that users can be redirected to Collectwinners.com from suspicious ads or by PUPs and adware software. Adware installed without the user’s knowledge is a form of malware. Once adware software get installed in your computer then it begin displaying unwanted advertisements and pop-ups. In some cases, adware can promote p*rn webpages and adult products.
By following step-by-step guide below it is easy to detect and remove adware software from Mozilla Firefox, Chrome, MS Edge and Internet Explorer and your PC. Learn how to delete Collectwinners.com pop-up advertisements and malicious applications, as well as how to run a full computer virus scan.
How to remove Collectwinners.com ads (removal guide)
We are presenting a few methods to delete Collectwinners.com pop-ups from the MS Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and IE using only internal MS Windows functions. Most of adware and PUPs can be uninstalled through these processes. If these steps does not help to remove Collectwinners.com pop ups, then it is better to run a free malicious software removal tools linked below.
To remove Collectwinners.com pop ups, execute the following steps:
- Manual Collectwinners.com advertisements removal
- Automatic Removal of Collectwinners.com popups
- Run AdBlocker to block Collectwinners.com and stay safe online
- To sum up
Manual Collectwinners.com advertisements removal
Looking for a method to delete Collectwinners.com ads manually without installing any tools? Then this section of the article is just for you. Below are some simple steps you can take. Performing these steps requires basic knowledge of internet browser and Microsoft Windows setup. If you doubt that you can follow them, it is better to use free applications listed below that can help you delete Collectwinners.com popups.
Remove PUPs through the Windows Control Panel
The process of adware software removal is generally the same across all versions of Microsoft Windows OS from 10 to XP. To start with, it’s necessary to check the list of installed programs on your computer and delete all unused, unknown and dubious applications.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Click the Microsoft Windows logo, and then click Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter as shown on the screen below.
After the ‘Control Panel’ opens, click the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as shown on the image below.
Windows 7, Vista, XP
Open Start menu and choose the ‘Control Panel’ at right like below.
Then go to ‘Add/Remove Programs’ or ‘Uninstall a program’ (Microsoft Windows 7 or Vista) as displayed in the following example.
Carefully browse through the list of installed applications and get rid of all dubious and unknown programs. We recommend to click ‘Installed programs’ and even sorts all installed software by date. Once you’ve found anything dubious that may be the adware that causes Collectwinners.com ads or other PUP (potentially unwanted program), then select this program and click ‘Uninstall’ in the upper part of the window. If the suspicious application blocked from removal, then use Revo Uninstaller Freeware to completely get rid of it from your personal computer.
Remove Collectwinners.com notifications from browsers
If you have allowed the Collectwinners.com push notifications, you might notice that this web-site sending requests, and it can become annoying. To better control your PC, here’s how to delete Collectwinners.com browser notification spam from your web browser.
Remove Collectwinners.com ads from Internet Explorer
In order to restore all internet browser start page, newtab page and default search engine you need to reset the Internet Explorer to the state, which was when the Windows was installed on your system.
First, start the Internet Explorer, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will show the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the browser, then click the “Internet Options” as displayed in the figure below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then click the “Reset” button. The Internet Explorer will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” prompt. Further, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, click the “Reset” button as shown in the figure below.
After the procedure is finished, click “Close” button. Close the IE and restart your PC system for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your browser’s startpage, newtab and search engine to default state.
Remove Collectwinners.com pop up advertisements from Mozilla Firefox
Resetting Mozilla Firefox internet browser will reset all the settings to their original settings and will remove Collectwinners.com pop-up ads, malicious add-ons and extensions. It will keep your personal information such as browsing history, bookmarks, passwords and web form auto-fill data.
Press the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and click the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu similar to the one below.
A small menu will appear, click the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, press “Refresh Firefox” button as on the image below.
Follow the onscreen procedure to return your Mozilla Firefox browser settings to their default state.
Remove Collectwinners.com advertisements from Google Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings can help you solve some problems caused by adware software and delete Collectwinners.com pop-ups from web-browser. This will also disable malicious extensions as well as clear cookies and site data. It’ll keep your personal information such as browsing history, bookmarks, passwords and web form auto-fill data.
- First, launch the Google Chrome and press the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will open the Google Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then press Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed addons. If the list has the plugin labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guidance: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Advanced” link, which located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Chrome will display the reset settings prompt as on the image above.
- Confirm the web-browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Automatic Removal of Collectwinners.com popups
Is your Microsoft Windows computer affected with adware? Then do not worry, in the guidance listed below, we are sharing best malicious software removal tools which can be used to remove Collectwinners.com pop ups from the Chrome, MS Edge, Firefox and Microsoft Internet Explorer and your PC system.
Remove Collectwinners.com popups with Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM)
Download Zemana Free to remove Collectwinners.com ads automatically from all of your browsers. This is a free program specially developed for malicious software removal. This utility can remove adware software, browser hijacker from Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Edge and IE and Microsoft Windows registry automatically.
- Zemana Free can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your Windows desktop or in any other place.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- Once you have downloaded the setup file, make sure to double click on the Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. This would start the Zemana Anti Malware install on your computer.
- Select installation language and click ‘OK’ button.
- On the next screen ‘Setup Wizard’ simply click the ‘Next’ button and follow the prompts.
- Finally, once the installation is finished, Zemana AntiMalware will start automatically. Else, if doesn’t then double-click on the Zemana Free icon on your desktop.
- Now that you have successfully install Zemana Free, let’s see How to use Zemana Anti-Malware to remove Collectwinners.com ads from your computer.
- After you have started the Zemana, you’ll see a window such as the one below, just click ‘Scan’ button to start checking your system for the adware.
- Now pay attention to the screen while Zemana Anti-Malware scans your PC.
- When that process is done, Zemana Free will display a list of all threats found by the scan. Make sure to check mark the items that are unsafe and then click ‘Next’ button.
- Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) may require a restart machine in order to complete the Collectwinners.com pop-up ads removal procedure.
- If you want to permanently remove adware from your PC system, then press ‘Quarantine’ icon, select all malware, adware software, PUPs and other items and press Delete.
- Reboot your machine to complete the adware removal process.
Delete Collectwinners.com popups from browsers with Hitman Pro
HitmanPro is a malware removal tool that is designed to detect and remove browser hijacker infections, PUPs, adware and dubious processes from the PC system that has been infected by malicious software. It is a portable application which can be run instantly from Flash Drive. HitmanPro have an advanced device monitoring tool which uses a whitelist database to stop dubious tasks and programs.
- First, please go to the following link, then click the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of HitmanPro.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- When downloading is done, double click the Hitman Pro icon. Once this tool is started, click “Next” button to perform a system scan with this utility for the adware related to the Collectwinners.com advertisements. While the Hitman Pro application is scanning, you can see how many objects it has identified as threat.
- After the checking is done, you’ll be shown the list of all detected items on your personal computer. Review the report and then click “Next” button. Now click the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to delete all malware found.
How to get rid of Collectwinners.com with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM)
If you’re still having problems with the Collectwinners.com ads — or just wish to check your system occasionally for adware and other malicious software — download MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM). It is free for home use, and finds and removes various undesired programs that attacks your machine or degrades PC system performance. MalwareBytes Anti Malware can remove adware, PUPs as well as malware, including ransomware and trojans.
MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) can be downloaded from the following link. Save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
When the download is complete, close all windows on your PC. Further, open the file called MBSetup. If the “User Account Control” prompt pops up as displayed in the following example, click the “Yes” button.
It will show the Setup wizard that will allow you set up MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) on the PC system. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
Once setup is finished successfully, press “Get Started” button. Then MalwareBytes Anti Malware will automatically run and you can see its main window as displayed below.
Next, click the “Scan” button to detect adware responsible for Collectwinners.com popups. This process can take quite a while, so please be patient. While the utility is scanning, you can see number of objects and files has already scanned.
When MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) is finished scanning your personal computer, you’ll be shown the list of all found threats on your computer. Once you have selected what you want to delete from your personal computer click “Quarantine” button.
The MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) will remove adware that causes annoying Collectwinners.com pop-up ads and move the selected threats to the Quarantine. After that process is done, you can be prompted to reboot your computer. We recommend you look at the following video, which completely explains the process of using the MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) to remove hijacker infections, adware and other malicious software.
Run AdBlocker to block Collectwinners.com and stay safe online
Run ad blocking program such as AdGuard in order to stop advertisements, malvertisements, pop-ups and online trackers, avoid having to install malicious and adware browser plug-ins and add-ons that affect your PC system performance and impact your machine security. Browse the World Wide Web anonymously and stay safe online!
AdGuard can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
When the download is finished, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen like below.
Follow the prompts. When the install is finished, you will see a window like below.
You can click “Skip” to close the setup program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial which will help you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you launch your system, AdGuard will launch automatically and stop undesired advertisements, block Collectwinners.com, as well as other harmful or misleading web pages. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your desktop.
To sum up
Now your PC system should be clean of the adware software related to the Collectwinners.com pop up advertisements. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted ads and annoying malicious web-sites) and Zemana Free (to periodically scan your PC system for new malicious software, browser hijackers and adware software). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for MS Windows operating system. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new browser hijacker infections, harmful applications and adware are released.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove Collectwinners.com ads from your browser, then ask for help here.