Docallisec is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) that belongs to the category of Adware. Adware’s basic purpose is to show advertisements. These advertisements are often shown as sponsored links, popups or different offers and deals. Clicks on the advertisements produce a monetary payoff for the software developers. Adware can work like Spyware, since it sends user data such as searches and trends to advertisers.
Does adware software steal your privacy information? Adware can gather user info (your ip address, what is a web page you are viewing now, what you are looking for on the World Wide Web, which links you are clicking), which can later transfer to third parties.
How does Adware get on your MAC system
|Name||Docallisec, Docallisec 1.0 app|
|Type||adware software, PUP (potentially unwanted program), pop up virus, pop ups, pop-up ads|
|Removal||Docallisec removal guide|
How to Remove Docallisec adware (removal guidance)
Not all undesired software like the Docallisec adware are easily uninstallable. You might see pop ups, deals, text links, in-text advertisements, banners and other type of ads in the Mozilla Firefox, Chrome and Safari and might not be able to figure out the application responsible for this activity. The reason for this is that many unwanted programs neither appear in the Finder. Therefore in order to fully delete Docallisec, you need to use the following steps. Some of the steps will require you to restart your MAC OS or shut down this webpage. So, read this guide carefully, then bookmark this page or open it on your smartphone for later reference.
To remove Docallisec, complete the following steps:
- Manual Docallisec adware software removal
- Automatic Removal of Docallisec
- How to stay safe online
- To sum up
Manual Docallisec adware software removal
In this section of the blog post, we have posted the steps that will help to remove Docallisec adware manually. Although compared to removal utilities, this way loses in time, but you don’t need to install anything on the MAC system. It will be enough for you to follow the detailed guide with pictures. We tried to describe each step in detail, but if you realized that you might not be able to figure it out, or simply do not want to change the Windows and web browser settings, then it’s better for you to use utilities from trusted developers, which are listed below.
Uninstall Docallisec related apps through the Finder
One of the first things to attempt for removal of adware is to check your MAC OS installed programs screen and look for undesired and questionable software. If there are any programs you do not recognize or are no longer using, you should delete them. If that doesn’t work, then you may need to run adware removal utility like MalwareBytes.
- Open the Finder.
- Click “Applications”.
- It will show a list of all programs installed on the Apple Mac.
- Scroll through the all list, and uninstall questionable and unknown apps. Pay maximum attention to the program you installed last.
- Drag the suspicious program from the Applications folder to the Trash.
- Empty Trash.
Remove Docallisec adware from Safari
The Safari reset is great if your browser is hijacked by Docallisec or you have unwanted add-ons or toolbars on your internet browser that installed by an malware.
Click Safari menu and choose “Preferences”.
It will open the Safari Preferences window. Next, click the “Extensions” tab. Look for unknown and suspicious plugins on left panel, select it, then click the “Uninstall” button. Most important to remove all unknown extensions from Safari.
Once complete, click “General” tab. Change the “Default Search Engine” to Google.
Find the “Homepage” and type into textfield “https://www.google.com”.
Remove Docallisec from Google Chrome
If you are getting Docallisec ads, then you can try to get rid of it by resetting Chrome to its original state. It will also clear cookies, content and site data, temporary and cached data. It’ll keep your personal information such as browsing history, bookmarks, passwords and web form auto-fill data.
- First, start the Chrome and click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will show the Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then press Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed plugins. If the list has the add-on labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following instructions: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, press “Advanced” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Google Chrome will show the reset settings prompt as on the image above.
- Confirm the internet browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Get rid of Docallisec from Mozilla Firefox
If Firefox settings are hijacked by the adware, your internet browser shows unwanted pop-up ads, then ‘Reset Mozilla Firefox’ could solve these problems. Your saved bookmarks, form auto-fill information and passwords won’t be cleared or changed.
First, launch the Mozilla Firefox. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will display the drop-down menu. Next, press the Help button ().
In the Help menu click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button as shown in the following example.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
Automatic Removal of Docallisec
There are not many good free anti-malware programs with high detection ratio. The effectiveness of malicious software removal tools depends on various factors, mostly on how often their virus/malware signatures DB are updated in order to effectively detect modern malicious software, adware software, browser hijacker infections and other PUPs. We recommend to use several programs, not just one. These applications that listed below will help you get rid of all components of the adware from your disk and system folders and thereby get rid of Docallisec ads.
Delete Docallisec adware with MalwareBytes Free
We recommend using the MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM). You can download and install MalwareBytes AntiMalware to detect adware and thereby remove Docallisec ads from your internet browsers. When installed and updated, this free malware remover automatically scans for and removes all threats exist on the computer.
- Click the link below to download MalwareBytes Anti Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-malware (Mac)
Category: Security tools
Update: September 10, 2020
- After the download is finished, close all programs and windows on your computer. Open a file location. Run the downloaded file and follow the prompts.
- Click the “Scan” button to detect the Docallisec adware. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your machine and the speed of your Apple Mac.
- Once MalwareBytes Free completes the scan, a list of all threats found is prepared. In order to delete all threats, simply press “Remove Selected Items”.
How to stay safe online
The AdGuard is a very good ad-blocking program for the Firefox, Safari and Chrome, with active user support. It does a great job by removing certain types of intrusive advertisements, popunders, pop ups, annoying new tabs, and even full page advertisements and web page overlay layers. Of course, the AdGuard can block unwanted ads automatically or by using a custom filter rule.
Please go to the link below to download AdGuard.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: January 17, 2018
Once the downloading process is finished, run the downloaded file. The “Setup Wizard” window will show up on the computer screen.
Follow the prompts. AdGuard will then be installed. A window will show up asking you to confirm that you want to see a quick tutorial. Press “Skip” button to close the window and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick instructions that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
Each time, when you run your MAC OS, AdGuard will launch automatically and stop annoying pop-ups, block harmful and misleading web pages.
To sum up
After completing the steps above, your Apple Mac should be clean from the Docallisec adware and other malicious software. The Safari, Mozilla Firefox and Chrome will no longer display any unwanted ads. Unfortunately, if the few simple steps does not help you, then you have caught a new adware, and then the best way – ask for help here.