According to security researchers, Free File Converter Pro is a PUP (potentially unwanted program) that belong to the Adware family. Adware’s basic purpose is to present ads. These ads are often shown as sponsored links, popups or push notifications. Clicks on the ads produce a monetary payoff for the software producers. Adware software can work like Spyware, since it sends confidential information such as searches and trends to advertisers.
The worst is, adware can be used to gather a wide variety of your privacy information (your ip address, what is a web-page you are viewing now, what you are looking for on the Internet, which links you are clicking), which can later transfer to third parties.
How does Free File Converter Pro get on your computer
The majority of adware software gets onto machine by being attached to free applications or even paid programs which Web users can easily download online. The setup packages of such programs, most commonly, clearly indicate that they will install additional apps. The option is given to users to block the installation of any bundled applications. So, in order to avoid the installation of any adware software: read all disclaimers and install screens very carefully, choose only Custom or Advanced installation method and uncheck all bundled software in which you are unsure.
|Name||Free File Converter Pro, FreeFileConverterPro|
|Type||adware, potentially unwanted application (PUA), popup virus, popups, pop up advertisements|
|Removal||Free File Converter Pro removal guide|
How to remove Free File Converter Pro adware (removal steps)
There are a simple manual tutorial below that will help you to get rid of Free File Converter Pro from your Windows computer. The most effective solution to remove this adware software is to complete the manual removal guide and then use Zemana Free, MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) or HitmanPro automatic tools (all are free). The manual way will help to weaken this adware and these malicious software removal utilities will completely delete Free File Converter Pro and restore the Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Firefox and Edge settings to default.
To remove Free File Converter Pro, follow the steps below:
- Manual Free File Converter Pro removal
- Automatic Removal of Free File Converter Pro
- Run AdBlocker to block Free File Converter Pro and stay safe online
- Finish words
Manual Free File Converter Pro removal
The step-by-step guidance will allow you manually get rid of Free File Converter Pro ads from your browser. If you are not good at computers, we recommend that you use the free tools listed below.
Delete recently added adware
The best way to start the personal computer cleanup is to uninstall unknown and suspicious apps. Using the Windows Control Panel you can do this quickly and easily. This step, in spite of its simplicity, should not be ignored, because the removing of unneeded programs can clean up the Microsoft Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome and Edge from popup advertisements, hijackers and so on.
Press Windows button , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will display the Windows Control Panel as displayed on the image below.
Further, click “Uninstall a program”
It will display a list of all software installed on your computer. Scroll through the all list, and remove any suspicious and unknown apps.
Delete Free File Converter Pro from Firefox by resetting web-browser settings
Resetting your Firefox is basic troubleshooting step for any issues with your web-browser program, including the Free File Converter Pro ads. However, your themes, bookmarks, history, passwords, and web form auto-fill information will not be deleted.
Start the Firefox and click the menu button (it looks like three stacked lines) at the top right of the web browser screen. Next, press the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will show the slide-out menu.
Select the “Troubleshooting information”. If you’re unable to access the Help menu, then type “about:support” in your address bar and press Enter. It bring up the “Troubleshooting Information” page like the one below.
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the Troubleshooting Information page. Select “Refresh Firefox” in the confirmation dialog box. The Firefox will begin a process to fix your problems that caused by the Free File Converter Pro adware. Once, it is finished, click the “Finish” button.
Remove Free File Converter Pro adware software from Chrome
If adware, other application or extensions modified your Google Chrome settings without your knowledge, then you can delete Free File Converter Pro ads and revert back your web browser settings in Chrome at any time. However, your saved passwords and bookmarks will not be changed, deleted or cleared.
- First start the Google Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will show the Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guidance: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset” button.
- The Google Chrome will show the reset profile settings page as on the image above.
- Next press the “Reset” button.
- Once this procedure is finished, your internet browser’s search engine, home page and newtab will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove Free File Converter Pro from Internet Explorer
By resetting IE internet browser you restore your browser settings to its default state. This is basic when troubleshooting problems that might have been caused by Free File Converter Pro .
First, start the Internet Explorer. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will display the Tools drop-down menu, press the “Internet Options” as shown on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then press the Reset button. The IE will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as on the image below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then press “Reset” button.
You will now need to reboot your machine for the changes to take effect.
Automatic Removal of Free File Converter Pro
If you’re not expert at computer technology, then we suggest to use free removal utilities listed below to get rid of Free File Converter Pro ads for good. The automatic solution is highly recommended. It has less steps and easier to implement than the manual way. Moreover, it lower risk of system damage. So, the automatic Free File Converter Pro removal is a better option.
Delete Free File Converter Pro with Zemana Free
Zemana is a lightweight tool that designed to use alongside your antivirus software, detecting and removing malware, adware and potentially unwanted applications that other applications miss. Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) is easy to use, fast, does not use many resources and have great detection and removal rates.
First, click the link below, then click the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM).
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
After the download is done, start it and follow the prompts. Once installed, the Zemana Anti-Malware will try to update itself and when this process is done, press the “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this utility for the Free File Converter Pro adware.
This process can take quite a while, so please be patient. During the scan Zemana Anti-Malware will scan for threats present on your computer. You may remove threats (move to Quarantine) by simply click “Next” button.
The Zemana Anti Malware will get rid of Free File Converter Pro .
Delete Free File Converter Pro adware from internet browsers with HitmanPro
HitmanPro is a free application that created to get rid of malicious software, potentially unwanted apps, browser hijacker infections and adware from your PC running MS Windows 10, 8, 7, XP (32-bit and 64-bit). It’ll help to identify and get rid of Free File Converter Pro adware software, including its files, folders and registry keys.
Visit the page linked below to download HitmanPro. Save it on your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
When the downloading process is finished, open the folder in which you saved it. You will see an icon like below.
Double click the HitmanPro desktop icon. When the tool is started, you will see a screen as displayed in the figure below.
Further, click “Next” button to locate Free File Converter Pro . Once the scan is complete, HitmanPro will display a list of all threats detected by the scan as shown in the figure below.
Make sure to check mark the threats that are unsafe and then click “Next” button. It will display a dialog box, click the “Activate free license” button.
Remove Free File Converter Pro adware software with MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM)
Manual Free File Converter Pro removal requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the adware can be not fully removed. We advise that run the MalwareBytes that are fully free your computer of adware. Moreover, the free application will help you to get rid of malware, PUPs, hijacker infections and toolbars that your system can be infected too.
- First, visit the following page, then click the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of MalwareBytes Free.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web browser will open the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- After downloading is done, please close all software and open windows on your computer. Double-click on the icon that’s called MBSetup.
- This will start the Setup wizard of MalwareBytes Free onto your PC. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes Free will open and open the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button for checking your computer for the Free File Converter Pro .
- After the scan get completed, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) will show you the results.
- All found threats will be marked. You can remove them all by simply click the “Quarantine” button. When that process is finished, you may be prompted to restart the computer.
- Close the Anti Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Run AdBlocker to block Free File Converter Pro and stay safe online
The AdGuard is a very good ad-blocking application for the Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, with active user support. It does a great job by removing certain types of unwanted advertisements, popunders, pop-ups, annoying newtabs, and even full page advertisements and web site overlay layers. Of course, the AdGuard can block the Free File Converter Pro automatically or by using a custom filter rule.
- Click the link below to download AdGuard. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- When downloading is done, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- After the installation is complete, press “Skip” to close the install application and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and stop undesired ads, block Free File Converter Pro, as well as other harmful or misleading webpages. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, that is located on your desktop.
After completing the tutorial outlined above, your computer should be clean from the Free File Converter Pro adware and other malicious software. The Mozilla Firefox, Edge, Internet Explorer and Chrome will no longer display the Free File Converter Pro ads. Unfortunately, if the step-by-step guide does not help you, then you have caught a new adware, and then the best way – ask for help here.