My Recipe Finder is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) belonging to the category of Browser hijackers. Browser hijacker is a form of unwanted software that can introduce changes to some web browser settings to display lots of online ads and redirect on unwanted web-sites. The authors of browser hijackers do so in order to make profit via Google, Yahoo or Bing search ads.
My Recipe Finder will modify your internet browser’s search provider so that all searches are sent via hmyrecipefinder[.]co, which redirects to Yahoo Search engine which displays the search results for your query. The My Recipe Finder creators are utilizing legitimate search engine as they may earn money from the ads which are displayed in the search results.
It’s not a good idea to have My Recipe Finder on your PC. The reason for this is simple, it doing things you do not know about. The browser hijacker is able to collect a wide variety of privacy information about you that may be later used for marketing purposes. You don’t know if your home address, account names and passwords are safe. And of course you completely don’t know what will happen when you click on any advertisements on the My Recipe Finder web-page.
Take a deep breath. Learn everything you should know about My Recipe Finder removal, how to remove browser hijacker infection from your internet browser and PC system. Find the best free malware removal utilities here!
How can My Recipe Finder get on your computer
|Name||My Recipe Finder|
|Type||browser hijacker, redirect virus, start page hijacker, search engine hijacker, PUP|
|Affected Browser Settings||newtab URL, search engine, startpage|
|Removal||My Recipe Finder removal guide|
How to remove My Recipe Finder from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
There are exist several free malware removal tools. Also it’s possible to remove My Recipe Finder redirect manually. But we advise to combine all these ways below into the one removal algorithm. Follow the steps of the guidance. Read this manual carefully, bookmark it or open this page on your smartphone, because you may need to close your browser or restart your personal computer.
To remove My Recipe Finder, perform the following steps:
- Manual My Recipe Finder removal
- Automatic Removal of My Recipe Finder
- Stop My Recipe Finder redirect
- To sum up
Manual My Recipe Finder removal
The step-by-step tutorial will help you get rid of My Recipe Finder . These removal steps work for the MS Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Chrome, as well as every version of computer OS.
Remove My Recipe Finder associated software by using Windows Control Panel
Some of PUPs, adware and hijacker infection can be removed using the Add/Remove programs utility that is located in the Microsoft Windows Control Panel. So, if you’re using any version of Windows and you have noticed an unwanted application, then first try to remove it through Add/Remove programs.
Make sure you have closed all internet browsers and other software. Next, delete any undesired and suspicious programs from your Control panel.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Now, click the Windows button, type “Control panel” in search and press Enter. Choose “Programs and Features”, then “Uninstall a program”.
Look around the entire list of software installed on your computer. Most probably, one of them is the My Recipe Finder hijacker and other PUP. Choose the questionable program or the application that name is not familiar to you and delete it.
Windows Vista, 7
From the “Start” menu in Microsoft Windows, select “Control Panel”. Under the “Programs” icon, choose “Uninstall a program”.
Select the questionable or any unknown applications, then click “Uninstall/Change” button to uninstall this unwanted application from your machine.
Click the “Start” button, select “Control Panel” option. Click on “Add/Remove Programs”.
Choose an undesired program, then click “Change/Remove” button. Follow the prompts.
Remove My Recipe Finder from web-browsers
If you are still getting My Recipe Finder, then you can try to remove it by removing malicious plugins.
|Google Chrome||Mozilla Firefox|
You can also try to remove My Recipe Finder redirect by reset Chrome settings.
If you are still experiencing problems with My Recipe Finder homepage removal, you need to reset Mozilla Firefox browser.
Another method to remove My Recipe Finder from IE is reset Internet Explorer settings.
Automatic Removal of My Recipe Finder
If your PC is still infected with the My Recipe Finder browser hijacker, then the best method of detection and removal is to use an anti-malware scan on the computer. Download free malware removal tools below and run a full system scan. It will help you get rid of all components of the browser hijacker from hardisk and Windows registry.
Delete My Recipe Finder startpage with Zemana AntiMalware
Download Zemana Anti-Malware to remove My Recipe Finder automatically from all of your internet browsers. This is a freeware tool specially designed for malware removal. This utility can remove adware software, browser hijacker from Microsoft Internet Explorer, MS Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome and Microsoft Windows registry automatically.
- Installing the Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) is simple. First you will need to download Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) from the following link. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web browser will display the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When the download is finished, please close all programs and open windows on your PC system. Next, launch a file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will run the “Setup wizard” of Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) onto your computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana Free will open and show the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan” button for checking your computer for the hijacker which created to reroute your browser to the My Recipe Finder web-site. A scan may take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your computer and the speed of your system. During the scan Zemana Anti-Malware will detect threats exist on your PC system.
- After the system scan is done, a list of all items detected is prepared.
- Review the scan results and then press the “Next” button. The utility will delete hijacker infection responsible for redirecting your browser to My Recipe Finder website. When finished, you may be prompted to restart the machine.
- Close the Zemana Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Remove My Recipe Finder browser hijacker and malicious extensions with HitmanPro
Hitman Pro is a malware removal utility that is created to scan for and terminate browser hijacker infections, potentially unwanted apps, adware and suspicious processes from the affected system. It is a portable application which can be run instantly from USB stick. HitmanPro have an advanced computer monitoring utility that uses a whitelist database to block questionable processes and applications.
First, visit the page linked below, then click the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of HitmanPro.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
Download and run Hitman Pro on your system. Once started, click “Next” button to perform a system scan for the browser hijacker which redirects your web browser to the My Recipe Finder webpage. A scan may take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the count of files on your PC and the speed of your computer. When a malware, adware software or PUPs are detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. .
Once Hitman Pro has finished scanning, you will be displayed the list of all found threats on your machine.
All detected threats will be marked. You can remove them all by simply click Next button.
It will display a prompt, press the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to delete all malicious software found.
Use MalwareBytes Anti-Malware to remove My Recipe Finder
We recommend using the MalwareBytes Anti-Malware. You may download and install MalwareBytes Free to search for and remove My Recipe Finder from your personal computer. When installed and updated, this free malicious software remover automatically finds and removes all threats exist on the computer.
- First, click the link below, then click the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of MalwareBytes Anti Malware.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- After downloading is finished, close all software and windows on your computer. Open a file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named MBsetup.
- Select “Personal computer” option and click Install button. Follow the prompts.
- Once install is finished, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this tool for the browser hijacker related to My Recipe Finder . While the MalwareBytes tool is scanning, you can see count of objects it has identified as being infected by malware.
- Once the scan is finished, a list of all items found is prepared. Review the results once the tool has finished the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply click “Quarantine”. After the process is complete, you may be prompted to restart your PC.
The following video offers a few simple steps on how to remove browser hijackers, adware and other malicious software with MalwareBytes.
Stop My Recipe Finder redirect
By installing an ad blocking program like AdGuard, you’re able to block My Recipe Finder, stop autoplaying video ads and get rid of a huge number of distracting and undesired ads on web-pages.
AdGuard can be downloaded from the following link. Save it to your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After downloading it, double-click the downloaded file to launch it. The “Setup Wizard” window will show up on the computer screen as shown in the following example.
Follow the prompts. AdGuard will then be installed and an icon will be placed on your desktop. A window will show up asking you to confirm that you want to see a quick tutorial as displayed in the following example.
Click “Skip” button to close the window and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
Each time, when you run your PC, AdGuard will start automatically and stop unwanted ads, block My Recipe Finder, as well as other malicious or misleading webpages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your desktop.
To sum up
Now your personal computer should be clean of My Recipe Finder. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you stop unwanted advertisements and annoying malicious websites) and Zemana (to periodically scan your computer for new malicious software, hijackers and adware). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for MS Windows operating system. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new hijackers, malicious apps and adware are released.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove My Recipe Finder from your web browser, then ask for help here.