According to computer security researchers, Videox.online is a webpage that is designed to force people into subscribing to browser notification spam to send unwanted ads directly to the desktop. It displays the ‘Confirm notifications’ prompt that attempts to get you to click the ‘Allow’ to subscribe to its notifications.
Once enabled, the Videox.online spam notifications will start popping up in the right bottom corner of the desktop periodically and spam the user with unwanted adverts. Push notifications are originally designed to alert the user of newly published blog posts. Cybercriminals abuse ‘push notifications’ to avoid antivirus software and ad-blocking programs by presenting annoying advertisements. These ads are displayed in the lower right corner of the screen urges users to play online games, visit questionable web sites, install web browser extensions & so on.
The best way to remove Videox.online browser notification spam open the web-browser’s settings and perform the Videox.online removal guide below. Once you delete Videox.online subscription, the push notifications will no longer display on your web-browser.
|Type||push notifications advertisements, pop up virus, pop-ups, pop-up advertisements|
|Distribution||misleading pop up advertisements, social engineering attack, adwares, potentially unwanted software|
|Removal||Videox.online removal guide|
How does your system get infected with Videox.online popups
IT security researchers have determined that users are re-directed to Videox.online by adware or from shady advertisements. Adware is ‘advertising supported’ software that tries to generate money by redirecting you to annoying web-pages or online advertising. It has different solutions of earning money including displaying up advertising on the web-browser forcefully. Most of adware gets installed when you are downloading free applications or browser add-ons.
These days some free programs creators bundle potentially unwanted software or adware with a view to making some money. These are not free software as install an unwanted apps on to your Microsoft Windows personal computer. So whenever you install a new freeware that downloaded from the Internet, be very careful during installation. Carefully read the EULA (a text with I ACCEPT/I DECLINE button), select custom or manual install option, disable all bundled applications.
We strongly recommend that you perform the few simple steps below that will allow you to remove Videox.online ads using the standard features of Windows and some proven freeware.
How to remove Videox.online pop-up advertisements from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
There exist several free adware software removal utilities. Also it is possible to remove Videox.online advertisements manually. But we recommend to combine all these solutions below into the one removal algorithm. Follow the steps of the instructions. Certain of the steps will require you to reboot your PC or shut down this website. So, read this tutorial carefully, then bookmark this page or open it on your smartphone for later reference.
To remove Videox.online pop ups, use the steps below:
- Manual Videox.online pop-up ads removal
- Automatic Removal of Videox.online popups
- Stop Videox.online popups
- To sum up
Manual Videox.online pop-up ads removal
Looking for a method to delete Videox.online advertisements manually without downloading any tools? Then this section of the blog post is just for you. Below are some simple steps you can take. Performing these steps requires basic knowledge of web browser and MS Windows setup. If you doubt that you can follow them, it is better to use free applications listed below that can allow you get rid of Videox.online pop-ups.
Remove potentially unwanted apps through the Microsoft Windows Control Panel
Some of potentially unwanted apps, adware and hijackers can be removed using the Add/Remove programs tool that is located in the Microsoft Windows Control Panel. So, if you’re running any version of Microsoft Windows and you have noticed an unwanted program, then first try to remove it through Add/Remove programs.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Click the Windows logo, and then press Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter as on the image below.
After the ‘Control Panel’ opens, press the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category like below.
Windows 7, Vista, XP
Open Start menu and select the ‘Control Panel’ at right as displayed on the screen below.
Then go to ‘Add/Remove Programs’ or ‘Uninstall a program’ (Windows 7 or Vista) as shown in the figure below.
Carefully browse through the list of installed apps and remove all questionable and unknown software. We suggest to click ‘Installed programs’ and even sorts all installed software by date. After you’ve found anything questionable that may be the adware that causes multiple unwanted popups or other potentially unwanted application (PUA), then select this program and press ‘Uninstall’ in the upper part of the window. If the questionable application blocked from removal, then run Revo Uninstaller Freeware to fully remove it from your computer.
Remove Videox.online notifications from browsers
If you’re getting push notifications from the Videox.online or another annoying web-page, you’ll have previously pressed the ‘Allow’ button. Below we will teach you how to turn them off.
- In the top right corner of the browser window, click on Google Chrome’s main menu button, represented by three vertical dots.
- When the drop-down menu appears, click on ‘Settings’. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on ‘Advanced’.
- At the ‘Privacy and Security’ section click ‘Site settings’.
- Go to Notifications settings.
- Locate the Videox.online site and click the three vertical dots button next to it, then click on ‘Remove’.
- Tap ‘Settings’.
- Tap ‘Notifications’.
- Find and tap the internet browser that displays Videox.online spam notifications ads.
- In the opened window, locate Videox.online, other rogue notifications and set the toggle button to ‘OFF’ on them one-by-one.
- Click the Menu button (three horizontal stripes) on the top-right corner of the Firefox window.
- In the drop-down menu select ‘Options’. In the left side select ‘Privacy & Security’.
- Scroll down to the ‘Permissions’ section and click the ‘Settings’ button next to ‘Notifications’.
- Select the Videox.online domain from the list and change the status to ‘Block’.
- Save changes.
- Click the More button (it looks like three dots) in the right upper corner of the Edge.
- Scroll down to ‘Settings’. In the menu on the left go to ‘Advanced’.
- In the ‘Website permissions’ section click ‘Manage permissions’.
- Disable the on switch for the Videox.online domain.
- Click ‘Tools’ button in the top right corner of the Internet Explorer.
- Select ‘Internet options’.
- Select the ‘Privacy’ tab and click ‘Settings under ‘Pop-up Blocker’ section.
- Select the Videox.online and other suspicious URLs under and delete them one by one by clicking the ‘Remove’ button.
- Go to ‘Preferences’ in the Safari menu.
- Select the ‘Websites’ tab and then select ‘Notifications’ section on the left panel.
- Check for Videox.online, other dubious sites and apply the ‘Deny’ option for each.
Remove Videox.online popup ads from Chrome
Use the Reset internet browser utility of the Google Chrome to reset all its settings such as default search engine, homepage and newtab to original defaults. This is a very useful tool to use, in the case of browser redirects to annoying ad web-pages such as Videox.online.
- First start the Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will show the Google Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed addons. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following steps: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Google Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and press “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and press the “Reset” button.
- The Chrome will show the reset profile settings page as shown on the screen above.
- Next press the “Reset” button.
- Once this procedure is complete, your browser’s default search engine, new tab page and start page will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove Videox.online advertisements from Microsoft Internet Explorer
The Internet Explorer reset is great if your internet browser is hijacked or you have unwanted add-ons or toolbars on your web-browser, that installed by an malicious software.
First, launch the IE. Next, press the button in the form of gear (). It will display the Tools drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options” as displayed below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then press the Reset button. The IE will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window like below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button.
You will now need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
Delete Videox.online advertisements from Firefox
If the Firefox internet browser program is hijacked, then resetting its settings can help. The Reset feature is available on all modern version of Firefox. A reset can fix many issues by restoring Mozilla Firefox settings such as new tab, startpage and search provider by default to their default values. However, your saved passwords and bookmarks will not be changed, deleted or cleared.
First, launch the Firefox and press button. It will show the drop-down menu on the right-part of the web-browser. Further, click the Help button () as displayed in the following example.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the web-browser adress bar and press Enter. It will display the “Troubleshooting Information” page as on the image below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, click the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will open the confirmation prompt. Further, click the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Mozilla Firefox will start a procedure to fix your problems that caused by the Videox.online adware software. When, it’s done, press the “Finish” button.
Automatic Removal of Videox.online popups
It’s not enough to get rid of Videox.online ads from your internet browser by completing the manual steps above to solve all problems. Some the adware related files may remain on your computer and they will recover the adware even after you get rid of it. For that reason we recommend to run free anti malware tool like Zemana Free, MalwareBytes and Hitman Pro. Either of those programs should be able to scan for and remove adware which causes annoying Videox.online advertisements.
Run Zemana Free to remove Videox.online pop-ups
Zemana is a malware scanner that is very effective for detecting and removing adware software responsible for Videox.online ads. The steps below will explain how to download, install, and use Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) to scan and remove malicious software, spyware, adware, PUPs, browser hijacker infections from your PC system for free.
- Zemana can be downloaded from the following link. Save it directly to your Microsoft Windows Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- Once you have downloaded the installation file, make sure to double click on the Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. This would start the Zemana setup on your PC system.
- Select setup language and click ‘OK’ button.
- On the next screen ‘Setup Wizard’ simply press the ‘Next’ button and follow the prompts.
- Finally, once the installation is complete, Zemana Anti-Malware will run automatically. Else, if doesn’t then double-click on the Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) icon on your desktop.
- Now that you have successfully install Zemana Free, let’s see How to use Zemana to get rid of Videox.online pop ups from your computer.
- After you have launched the Zemana Free, you’ll see a window similar to the one below, just click ‘Scan’ button to look for adware software.
- Now pay attention to the screen while Zemana AntiMalware scans your personal computer.
- Once Zemana Free completes the scan, Zemana AntiMalware will produce a list of unwanted programs and adware software. You may delete threats (move to Quarantine) by simply click ‘Next’ button.
- Zemana Free may require a restart computer in order to complete the Videox.online pop-ups removal process.
- If you want to fully delete adware software from your personal computer, then click ‘Quarantine’ icon, select all malicious software, adware, potentially unwanted applications and other items and press Delete.
- Restart your computer to complete the adware software removal procedure.
Get rid of Videox.online pop-up ads and harmful extensions with HitmanPro
Hitman Pro is a free utility which can identify adware software that cause pop ups. It’s not always easy to locate all the undesired software that your personal computer might have picked up on the World Wide Web. HitmanPro will search for the adware, hijackers and other malware you need to delete.
First, click the link below, then click the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of Hitman Pro.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
Once the downloading process is finished, open the file location. You will see an icon like below.
Double click the HitmanPro desktop icon. After the tool is started, you will see a screen as shown below.
Further, click “Next” button to perform a system scan with this tool for the adware software which cause undesired Videox.online pop-ups. This task may take quite a while, so please be patient. After Hitman Pro has completed scanning your machine, a list of all items detected is prepared as shown on the image below.
In order to remove all items, simply press “Next” button. It will show a prompt, click the “Activate free license” button.
Delete Videox.online advertisements with MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM)
If you are having problems with Videox.online pop up advertisements removal, then check out MalwareBytes Free. This is a utility that can help clean up your system and improve your speeds for free. Find out more below.
- Installing the MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) is simple. First you’ll need to download MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) from the following link. Save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web browser will display the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- After the download is done, please close all apps and open windows on your system. Double-click on the icon that’s named MBSetup.
- This will open the Setup wizard of MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) onto your PC system. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes will launch and show the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button to locate adware software related to the Videox.online pop up advertisements. Depending on your PC, the scan may take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour.
- When that process is finished, MalwareBytes will display you the results.
- Review the results once the utility has finished the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply click the “Quarantine” button. After the process is done, you may be prompted to reboot the system.
- Close the AntiMalware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Stop Videox.online popups
One of the worst things is the fact that you cannot stop all those annoying web-pages like Videox.online using only built-in Windows capabilities. However, there is a application out that you can use to block unwanted web browser redirects, ads and pop ups in any modern browsers including Mozilla Firefox, Edge, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer. It is named Adguard and it works very well.
Installing the AdGuard is simple. First you’ll need to download AdGuard on your Microsoft Windows Desktop from the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After downloading it, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as on the image below.
Follow the prompts. After the installation is done, you will see a window as shown in the following example.
You can click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you run your personal computer, AdGuard will run automatically and stop undesired advertisements, block Videox.online, as well as other harmful or misleading web-pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that is located on your desktop.
To sum up
Now your PC should be free of the adware related to the Videox.online advertisements. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you stop unwanted ads and undesired harmful web-sites) and Zemana (to periodically scan your computer for new malware, browser hijackers and adware). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for MS Windows OS. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new browser hijackers, malicious software and adware software are released.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove Videox.online pop up advertisements from your internet browser, then ask for help here.