MusiCalm is a PUP (potentially unwanted program) that belongs to the category of Adware. What is adware? Adware is something that created in order to display third-party advertisements to the user without asking his permission. Adware software takes control of internet browsers and redirects them to unwanted web-sites like the MusiCalm every time you browse the Internet. Adware can end up on your PC in various methods. In most cases is when you download free applications and forget to uncheck the box for the optional apps installation.
The worst is, the MusiCalm adware can gather your confidential info (your ip address, what is a web-site you are viewing now, what you are looking for on the World Wide Web, which links you are clicking), which can later transfer to third parties.
|Type||adware, potentially unwanted application (PUA), pop ups, popup advertisements, pop up virus|
|Removal||MusiCalm removal guide|
How does the MusiCalm adware get on your PC system
In this blog post we will discuss how can you remove MusiCalm ads from the MS Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Google Chrome manually or with free adware removal utilities compatible with Microsoft Windows 10 (8, 7 and XP).
How to remove MusiCalm adware from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
In the steps below we will have a look at the adware and how to delete MusiCalm from Chrome, IE, Firefox and Edge web-browsers for MS Windows OS, natively or by using a few free removal tools. Read this manual carefully, bookmark it or open this page on your smartphone, because you may need to shut down your internet browser or restart your computer.
To remove MusiCalm, perform the following steps:
- Manual MusiCalm adware removal
- Automatic Removal of MusiCalm
- How to stay safe online
- Finish words
Manual MusiCalm adware removal
The most common adware can be removed manually, without the use of antivirus software or other removal tools. The manual steps below will help you remove MusiCalm adware step by step. Although each of the steps is very easy and does not require special knowledge, but you are not sure that you can complete them, then use the free utilities, a list of which is given below.
Remove suspicious apps using Windows Control Panel
The main cause of unwanted ads could be PUPs, adware software or other undesired programs that you may have accidentally installed on the personal computer. You need to find and uninstall all suspicious applications.
|Windows 7||Windows 8|
|Windows 10||Mac OS|
Remove MusiCalm adware from Internet Explorer
In order to restore all web-browser search engine, homepage and newtab you need to reset the Internet Explorer to the state, that was when the Windows was installed on your PC system.
First, open the Microsoft Internet Explorer, click ) button. Next, click “Internet Options” as displayed below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, click Reset button. The Internet Explorer will open the Reset Internet Explorer settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button.
You will now need to reboot your PC for the changes to take effect. It will get rid of MusiCalm ads, disable malicious and ad-supported browser’s extensions and restore the IE’s settings like newtab, home page and search provider by default to default state.
Remove MusiCalm adware software from Google Chrome
The adware can alter your Google Chrome settings without your knowledge. You may see an unknown web-site as your search provider or startpage, additional extensions and toolbars. Reset Google Chrome browser will allow you to delete MusiCalm ads and reset the unwanted changes caused by adware. However, your themes, bookmarks, history, passwords, and web form auto-fill information will not be deleted.
- First, launch the Google Chrome and press the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will display the Google Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then press Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed plugins. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guidance: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Advanced” link, which located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, press the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Chrome will display the reset settings prompt as shown on the screen above.
- Confirm the internet browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Delete MusiCalm from Firefox
If your Firefox browser is affected by MusiCalm or an unknown search engine shows results for your search, then it may be time to perform the web browser reset. It’ll save your personal information such as saved passwords, bookmarks, auto-fill data and open tabs.
First, start the Firefox and click button. It will display the drop-down menu on the right-part of the browser. Further, click the Help button () as on the image below.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the internet browser adress bar and press Enter. It will open the “Troubleshooting Information” page like the one below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, click the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will display the confirmation dialog box. Further, click the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Firefox will begin a task to fix your problems that caused by the MusiCalm adware. After, it’s done, click the “Finish” button.
Automatic Removal of MusiCalm
Manual removal is not always as effective as you might think. Often, even the most experienced users can not completely remove MusiCalm . So, we recommend to scan your machine for any remaining harmful components with free adware removal software below.
How to delete MusiCalm with Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM)
Zemana Anti Malware is a malware removal utility developed for Windows. This tool will help you get rid of MusiCalm adware, various types of malicious software (including hijacker infections and potentially unwanted programs) from your system. It has simple and user friendly interface. While the Zemana does its job, your personal computer will run smoothly.
Now you can install and run Zemana AntiMalware to delete MusiCalm ads from your browser by following the steps below:
Visit the page linked below to download Zemana Anti-Malware setup file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup on your system. Save it on your Windows desktop or in any other place.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
Run the installation package after it has been downloaded successfully and then follow the prompts to set up this tool on your system.
During setup you can change certain settings, but we recommend you don’t make any changes to default settings.
When installation is finished, this malicious software removal utility will automatically start and update itself. You will see its main window as displayed in the figure below.
Now click the “Scan” button to begin scanning your PC system for the MusiCalm adware. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your computer. While the Zemana Anti-Malware tool is checking, you can see count of objects it has identified as being infected by malware.
Once the checking is complete, Zemana will open a list of detected threats. When you are ready, press “Next” button.
The Zemana Free will remove MusiCalm adware and move the selected threats to the Quarantine. After that process is complete, you can be prompted to restart your personal computer to make the change take effect.
Remove MusiCalm and malicious extensions with HitmanPro
The HitmanPro utility is free (30 day trial) and easy to use. It may check and get rid of malware, PUPs and adware software in Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Edge browsers and thereby remove the unwanted MusiCalm pop-up advertisements. HitmanPro is powerful enough to find and get rid of harmful registry entries and files that are hidden on the system.
Click the following link to download the latest version of Hitman Pro for MS Windows. Save it on your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
When downloading is finished, open the directory in which you saved it. You will see an icon like below.
Double click the HitmanPro desktop icon. When the tool is started, you will see a screen as displayed below.
Further, press “Next” button for scanning your system for the MusiCalm adware. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your personal computer. After HitmanPro has finished scanning your PC system, Hitman Pro will show a list of all items found by the scan as shown in the following example.
Review the scan results and then click “Next” button. It will show a prompt, click the “Activate free license” button.
How to delete MusiCalm with MalwareBytes
Remove MusiCalm adware software manually is difficult and often the adware is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to run the MalwareBytes Anti Malware which are fully clean your personal computer. Moreover, this free program will help you to remove malicious software, potentially unwanted applications, toolbars and browser hijackers that your PC can be infected too.
- Visit the page linked below to download the latest version of MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) for Microsoft Windows. Save it on your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your internet browser will open the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When the downloading process is finished, please close all apps and open windows on your PC. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will launch the “Setup wizard” of MalwareBytes onto your PC system. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes Anti Malware will start and open the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button for checking your machine for the MusiCalm adware. During the scan MalwareBytes Free will look for threats present on your computer.
- After that process is finished, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware will display a scan report.
- Make sure all threats have ‘checkmark’ and click the “Quarantine Selected” button. Once the procedure is finished, you may be prompted to reboot the computer.
- Close the Anti Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
How to stay safe online
One of the worst things is the fact that you cannot block all unwanted web sites using only built-in Windows capabilities. However, there is a program out that you can use to block intrusive web browser redirects, advertisements and popups in any modern internet browsers including Internet Explorer, Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and MS Edge. It is called Adguard and it works very well.
- AdGuard can be downloaded from the following link. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After downloading it, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- After the setup is done, press “Skip” to close the install program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you start your system, AdGuard will run automatically and stop undesired advertisements, block harmful or misleading web pages. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
Once you’ve complete the step-by-step instructions outlined above, your personal computer should be clean from MusiCalm adware and other malicious software. The Firefox, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome will no longer display the MusiCalm ads. Unfortunately, if the step-by-step guidance does not help you, then you have caught a new adware software, and then the best way – ask for help here.