Best Media Converter is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) belonging to the category of Adware.What is Adware? Adware is type of malware created to inject adverts into your Internet browsing or even desktop experience. Adware software can be designed to change your home page, search engine, search results, or even add toolbars to your web-browser. Adware run in the background when browse the Internet, and adware can slow down your personal computer and affect its performance.
Does adware steal your personal data? The Best Media Converter adware may monetize its functionality by gathering personal information from your surfing sessions. This sensitive information, subsequently, can be easily used for marketing purposes. This puts your privacy information at a security risk.
|Name||Best Media Converter|
|Type||adware software, potentially unwanted application (PUA), pop-ups, popup ads, pop up virus|
|Removal||Best Media Converter removal guide|
How does the Best Media Converter adware get on your computer
Complete the steps below to clean your system from adware software, as adware can be a way to hijack your PC with more dangerous applications such as viruses and trojans. The step-by-step instructions which follow, I will show you how to remove Best Media Converter and thus get rid of unwanted ads from your web browser forever.
How to remove Best Media Converter adware (removal tutorial)
There are a few solutions which can be used to delete Best Media Converter . But, not all PUPs such as this adware can be completely uninstalled using only manual solutions. In most cases you are not able to delete any adware utilizing standard MS Windows options. In order to remove Best Media Converter you need complete a few manual steps and use reliable removal utilities. Most IT security professionals states that Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM), MalwareBytes Free or HitmanPro utilities are a right choice. These free programs are able to detect and delete Best Media Converter adware software from your PC and restore your web browser settings to defaults.
To remove Best Media Converter, use the following steps:
- Manual Best Media Converter adware software removal
- Automatic Removal of Best Media Converter adware
- How to stay safe online
- To sum up
Manual Best Media Converter adware software removal
Most adware can be uninstalled manually, without the use of anti-virus or other removal utilities. The manual steps below will allow you remove Best Media Converter step by step. Although each of the steps is very simple and does not require special knowledge, but you are not sure that you can complete them, then use the free tools, a list of which is given below.
Deleting the Best Media Converter, check the list of installed software first
Some of potentially unwanted programs, adware and browser hijackers can be deleted using the Add/Remove programs tool that is located in the MS Windows Control Panel. So, if you are running any version of Microsoft Windows and you have noticed an unwanted program, then first try to remove it through Add/Remove programs.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
First, click Windows button , then click Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter as displayed in the figure below.
When the ‘Control Panel’ opens, click the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as displayed on the image below.
You will see the ‘Uninstall a program’ panel as shown on the image below.
Very carefully look around the entire list of programs installed on your PC system. Most probably, one of them is the Best Media Converter adware. If you’ve many apps installed, you can help simplify the search of malicious software by sort the list by date of installation. Once you’ve found a dubious, unwanted or unused application, right click to it, after that click ‘Uninstall’.
Windows XP, Vista, 7
First, click ‘Start’ button and select ‘Control Panel’ at right panel as displayed on the image below.
Once the Windows ‘Control Panel’ opens, you need to press ‘Uninstall a program’ under ‘Programs’ as shown in the figure below.
You will see a list of apps installed on your system. We recommend to sort the list by date of installation to quickly find the apps that were installed last. Most likely, it’s the Best Media Converter adware. If you’re in doubt, you can always check the application by doing a search for her name in Google, Yahoo or Bing. Once the program which you need to uninstall is found, simply click on its name, and then press ‘Uninstall’ as on the image below.
Remove Best Media Converter from Firefox by resetting internet browser settings
If the Firefox web browser program is hijacked by Best Media Converter, then resetting its settings can help. The Reset feature is available on all modern version of Mozilla Firefox. A reset can fix many issues by restoring Firefox settings like search provider by default, start page and new tab page to their original state. However, your saved passwords and bookmarks will not be changed, deleted or cleared.
Click the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and press the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu as shown on the screen below.
A small menu will appear, press the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, press “Refresh Firefox” button as shown on the image below.
Follow the onscreen procedure to return your Mozilla Firefox internet browser settings to their default values.
Remove Best Media Converter from Chrome
Resetting Chrome to original state is helpful in removing the Best Media Converter ads from your browser. This way is always effective to follow if you have trouble in removing changes caused by adware software.
- First, start the Google Chrome and click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will open the Google Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following instructions: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, press “Advanced” link, which located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, press the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Chrome will open the reset settings dialog box as shown on the image above.
- Confirm the web browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove Best Media Converter adware software from Internet Explorer
The Microsoft Internet Explorer reset is great if your web-browser is hijacked by Best Media Converter or you have unwanted add-ons or toolbars on your web-browser, that installed by an malicious software.
First, open the Microsoft Internet Explorer, then press ‘gear’ icon . It will open the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the internet browser, then click the “Internet Options” like below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then click the “Reset” button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” prompt. Further, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, click the “Reset” button as displayed on the image below.
When the task is complete, click “Close” button. Close the IE and reboot your personal computer for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your web browser’s newtab page, homepage and search engine by default to default state.
Automatic Removal of Best Media Converter adware
The easiest method to get rid of Best Media Converter adware is to use an anti malware program capable of detecting adware. We suggest try Zemana Free or another free malicious software remover that listed below. It has excellent detection rate when it comes to adware, hijackers and other potentially unwanted applications.
How to delete Best Media Converter with Zemana Free
Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) highly recommended, because it can detect security threats such adware and malicious software that most ‘classic’ antivirus programs fail to pick up on. Moreover, if you have any Best Media Converter adware software removal problems which cannot be fixed by this tool automatically, then Zemana Free provides 24X7 online assistance from the highly experienced support staff.
- Download Zemana Free on your personal computer from the following link.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web browser will open the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- After the download is done, please close all programs and open windows on your PC. Next, start a file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will start the “Setup wizard” of Zemana Free onto your computer. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana Free will open and show the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button to begin scanning your PC system for the Best Media Converter adware. While the Zemana Free is checking, you can see number of objects it has identified either as being malware.
- When Zemana Anti-Malware has completed scanning your computer, Zemana Free will display you the results.
- Review the report and then press the “Next” button. The tool will start to remove Best Media Converter . When the clean-up is done, you may be prompted to restart the PC system.
- Close the Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) and continue with the next step.
Remove Best Media Converter adware and harmful extensions with Hitman Pro
In order to make sure that no more malicious folders and files linked to adware are inside your computer, you must run another effective malicious software scanner. We advise to use Hitman Pro. No installation is necessary with this tool.
Please go to the following link to download the latest version of HitmanPro for MS Windows. Save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
Download and use Hitman Pro on your computer. Once started, click “Next” button to scan for Best Media Converter adware software. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your computer and the speed of your system. When a threat is found, the count of the security threats will change accordingly. .
Once Hitman Pro completes the scan, the results are displayed in the scan report.
Make sure all threats have ‘checkmark’ and press Next button.
It will show a prompt, press the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to get rid of all malware found.
Get rid of Best Media Converter with MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM)
You can get rid of Best Media Converter automatically with a help of MalwareBytes Anti-Malware. We suggest this free malicious software removal utility because it may easily remove hijacker infections, adware, PUPs and toolbars with all their components such as files, folders and registry entries.
First, click the following link, then click the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of MalwareBytes.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
After the download is finished, close all applications and windows on your PC system. Double-click the set up file called mb3-setup. If the “User Account Control” dialog box pops up like the one below, click the “Yes” button.
It will open the “Setup wizard” which will help you install MalwareBytes AntiMalware on your PC system. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
Once setup is finished successfully, press Finish button. MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) will automatically start and you can see its main screen as displayed on the image below.
Now click the “Scan Now” button . MalwareBytes Anti Malware utility will begin scanning the whole computer to find out Best Media Converter . A scan may take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the count of files on your computer and the speed of your PC system. During the scan MalwareBytes will scan for threats exist on your computer.
Once MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) has finished scanning your PC, it will display the Scan Results. All detected threats will be marked. You can delete them all by simply click “Quarantine Selected” button. The MalwareBytes Free will begin to remove Best Media Converter . After that process is finished, you may be prompted to reboot the PC system.
We suggest you look at the following video, which completely explains the procedure of using the MalwareBytes Anti Malware to delete adware, browser hijacker and other malware.
How to stay safe online
Use ad blocking program such as AdGuard in order to block ads, malvertisements, pop-ups and online trackers, avoid having to install harmful and adware browser plug-ins and add-ons which affect your system performance and impact your personal computer security. Surf the Internet anonymously and stay safe online!
- Please go to the link below to download the latest version of AdGuard for MS Windows. Save it directly to your MS Windows Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After downloading it, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- After the installation is done, press “Skip” to close the setup program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you launch your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and stop undesired advertisements, block harmful or misleading web-sites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon called AdGuard, that is located on your desktop.
To sum up
Now your PC should be clean of the Best Media Converter adware. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted pop up ads and unwanted malicious web pages) and Zemana Free (to periodically scan your computer for new malware, hijackers and adware). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for MS Windows OS. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new hijacker infections, harmful programs and adware are released.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove Best Media Converter ads from your browser, then ask for help here.