Q. How do I remove Topsearch.site pop ups from my web-browser? Unwanted popups and ads appears on the web browser. I have tried Windows Defender antivirus and haven’t managed to remove it. I checked my add-ons and nothing is there. Hopefully someone can help.
A. If those pop-ups or ads keep appearing and greatly affect you, then it indicate that your computer is infected with a PUP (potentially unwanted program) or an adware program. You can search whether there is adware in your control panel or an unwanted extension on your web browser. Adware is software related to unwanted ads and popup deals. Some adware will bring up adverts when you is browsing the Net, while other will build up a profile of your surfing habits in order to target advertising. In general, adware have to be installed on your computer, so it’ll tend to be bundled with other applications in much the same way as PUPs.
Another reason why you need to delete adware is its online data-tracking activity. Adware can gather lots of personal data about you such as what webpages you are opening, what you are looking for the Web and so on. This user info, subsequently, may be used for marketing purposes.
|Type||adware software, potentially unwanted application (PUA), pop-ups, popup ads, pop-up virus|
|Removal||Topsearch.site removal guide|
How does Adware get on your system
Most often, freeware installer includes bundled apps like this adware software. So, be very careful when you agree to install anything. The best way – is to select a Custom, Advanced or Manual install option. Here disable all additional apps in which you are unsure or that causes even a slightest suspicion. The main thing you should remember, you do not need to install any additional programs which you do not trust!
Thus, it is clear that the presence of adware software on your system is not desirable, and you need to clean up your personal computer without a wait. Follow the few simple steps below in order to remove Topsearch.site pop ups.
How to remove Topsearch.site pop-ups (removal instructions)
According to IT security experts, Topsearch.site pop-ups removal can be finished manually and/or automatically. These utilities which are listed below will help you remove adware, malicious browser addons, malware and PUPs . However, if you are not willing to install other apps to get rid of Topsearch.site popups, then use following guidance to revert back your system settings to their previous states.
To remove Topsearch.site, follow the steps below:
- Manual Topsearch.site pop up removal
- Automatic Removal of Topsearch.site popups
- Stop Topsearch.site popups
- To sum up
Manual Topsearch.site pop up removal
Most adware can be uninstalled manually, without the use of antivirus software or other removal tools. The manual steps below will help you delete Topsearch.site popups step by step. Although each of the steps is easy and does not require special knowledge, but you are not sure that you can finish them, then use the free utilities, a list of which is given below.
Uninstall recently installed PUPs
You can manually delete most nonaggressive adware software by deleting the program that it came with or removing the adware itself using ‘Add/Remove programs’ or ‘Uninstall a program’ option in Windows Control Panel.
Press Windows button , then press Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will display the Windows Control Panel like below.
Further, click “Uninstall a program”
It will display a list of all software installed on your system. Scroll through the all list, and uninstall any dubious and unknown software.
Remove Topsearch.site pop-ups from Internet Explorer
By resetting Microsoft Internet Explorer internet browser you revert back your web-browser settings to its default state. This is first when troubleshooting problems that might have been caused by adware software which causes annoying Topsearch.site pop-ups.
First, open the Internet Explorer, click ) button. Next, click “Internet Options” as on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, press Reset button. The IE will show the Reset Internet Explorer settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button.
You will now need to restart your PC system for the changes to take effect. It will delete adware which cause undesired Topsearch.site pop-ups, disable malicious and ad-supported browser’s extensions and restore the Microsoft Internet Explorer’s settings like startpage, newtab and default search engine to default state.
Get rid of Topsearch.site from Mozilla Firefox by resetting web browser settings
If the Mozilla Firefox internet browser program is hijacked, then resetting its settings can help. The Reset feature is available on all modern version of Mozilla Firefox. A reset can fix many issues by restoring Firefox settings like startpage, new tab page and search provider by default to their original state. It’ll keep your personal information like browsing history, bookmarks, passwords and web form auto-fill data.
First, start the Mozilla Firefox. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will show the drop-down menu. Next, click the Help button ().
In the Help menu click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button like below.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
Remove Topsearch.site pop ups from Google Chrome
The adware can alter your Google Chrome settings without your knowledge. You may see an undesired web site as your search provider or start page, additional plugins and toolbars. Reset Chrome internet browser will help you to delete Topsearch.site popup and reset the unwanted changes caused by adware. However, your themes, bookmarks, history, passwords, and web form auto-fill information will not be deleted.
- First, start the Google Chrome and press the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will display the Google Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed plugins. If the list has the plugin labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guide: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, press “Advanced” link, which located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, press the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Google Chrome will open the reset settings dialog box as shown on the screen above.
- Confirm the web-browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Automatic Removal of Topsearch.site popups
If the Topsearch.site pop ups are still there, the situation is more serious. But don’t worry. There are several utilities that are designed to scan for and get rid of adware software from your web browser and machine. If you are searching for a free solution to adware removal, then Zemana Anti-Malware is a good option. Also you can get HitmanPro and MalwareBytes Free. Both programs also available for free unlimited scanning and for removal of found malicious software, adware and potentially unwanted programs.
How to remove Topsearch.site pop-up with Zemana
Zemana AntiMalware is extremely fast and ultra light weight malware removal tool. It will help you remove Topsearch.site popup, adware, PUPs and other malicious software. This program gives real-time protection which never slow down your PC system. Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) is designed for experienced and beginner computer users. The interface of this utility is very easy to use, simple and minimalist.
- Click the following link to download the latest version of Zemana for Microsoft Windows. Save it to your Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- After the download is complete, close all apps and windows on your computer. Open a file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- Further, press Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once install is done, press the “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the adware software related to the Topsearch.site pop-ups. Depending on your computer, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. When a malicious software, adware or PUPs are found, the number of the security threats will change accordingly.
- As the scanning ends, Zemana Anti-Malware will display a list of detected threats. All detected items will be marked. You can remove them all by simply press “Next”. When disinfection is finished, you can be prompted to restart your computer.
Delete Topsearch.site popup and harmful extensions with Hitman Pro
HitmanPro is a free program which created to get rid of malware, potentially unwanted applications, browser hijackers and adware software from your computer running MS Windows 10, 8, 7, XP (32-bit and 64-bit). It’ll allow to search for and remove adware software that causes Topsearch.site pop up, including its files, folders and registry keys.
Click the link below to download the latest version of Hitman Pro for MS Windows. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
After the downloading process is done, open the file location. You will see an icon like below.
Double click the Hitman Pro desktop icon. After the tool is opened, you will see a screen as displayed below.
Further, press “Next” button to start scanning your computer for the adware responsible for Topsearch.site pop-ups. This process may take quite a while, so please be patient. After Hitman Pro completes the scan, a list of all items found is prepared as shown on the screen below.
Make sure all items have ‘checkmark’ and click “Next” button. It will show a dialog box, click the “Activate free license” button.
Run MalwareBytes Anti Malware to remove Topsearch.site popups
Trying to delete Topsearch.site pop ups can become a battle of wills between the adware software infection and you. MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) can be a powerful ally, removing most of today’s adware, malicious software and potentially unwanted software with ease. Here’s how to use MalwareBytes AntiMalware will help you win.
- First, visit the page linked below, then press the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM).
Category: Security tools
Update: July 25, 2019
- Once the download is finished, close all programs and windows on your machine. Open a folder in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- Further, press Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once install is finished, click the “Scan Now” button to detect adware that causes multiple undesired pop-ups. Depending on your system, the scan may take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. When a threat is found, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the checking is done.
- Once the checking is done, you can check all items detected on your PC. Make sure all items have ‘checkmark’ and press “Quarantine Selected”. After the cleaning procedure is done, you can be prompted to restart your machine.
The following video offers a steps on how to get rid of hijackers, adware and other malware with MalwareBytes.
Stop Topsearch.site popups
It’s also critical to protect your web browsers from harmful web sites and ads by using an ad blocking program such as AdGuard. Security experts says that it’ll greatly reduce the risk of malicious software, and potentially save lots of money. Additionally, the AdGuard can also protect your privacy by blocking almost all trackers.
AdGuard can be downloaded from the following link. Save it to your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
When the downloading process is done, double-click the downloaded file to run it. The “Setup Wizard” window will show up on the computer screen as shown on the image below.
Follow the prompts. AdGuard will then be installed and an icon will be placed on your desktop. A window will show up asking you to confirm that you want to see a quick guide similar to the one below.
Click “Skip” button to close the window and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
Each time, when you start your personal computer, AdGuard will start automatically and stop undesired ads, block Topsearch.site, as well as other malicious or misleading webpages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which can be found on your desktop.
To sum up
After completing the instructions shown above, your computer should be clean from this adware software and other malicious software. The Chrome, MS Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer will no longer open undesired Topsearch.site web-page when you surf the Internet. Unfortunately, if the few simple steps does not help you, then you have caught a new adware, and then the best way – ask for help.
Please create a new question by using the “Ask Question” button in the Questions and Answers. Try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately. Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the annoying Topsearch.site pop-up.