If you encounter numerous redirects to Searchdefenderlive.com, other unreliable or suspicious web-pages on the Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and MS Edge then most probably that your system has been hijacked by a potentially unwanted application (PUA) from the adware (sometimes named ‘ad-supported’ software) family.
What is Adware & Is it actually malicious? Adware software is form of malware that may cause issues for your PC system. It can generate numerous additional pop-up, banner, pop-under and in-text link advertisements flooding on your web-browser; gather your data such as login details, online searches, etc; run in the background and drag down your PC system running speed; give more chances for other adware software, potentially unwanted programs even malicious software to get on your computer.
Does adware software steal your privacy information? Adware software has the ability to collect your browsing history and user information, including passwords and credit card numbers. In the future, marketing-type data about you can be sold to third parties.
Usually, adware software gets into your PC system as part of a bundle with free applications, sharing files and other unsafe applications which you downloaded from the Web. The authors of adware pays software makers for distributing adware within their applications. So, bundled applications is often included as part of the installation package. In order to avoid the install of any adware: choose only Manual, Custom or Advanced installation method and reject all bundled programs in which you are unsure.
|Type||adware, PUP (potentially unwanted program), pop ups, pop up virus, popup ads|
|Removal||Searchdefenderlive.com removal guide|
Adware is usually written in ways common to malware, spyware and hijacker infections. In order to get rid of adware and thus remove Searchdefenderlive.com ads, you will need use the following steps or use free adware removal tool listed below.
How to remove Searchdefenderlive.com redirect from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
As with removing adware, malware or PUPs, there are few steps you can do. We suggest trying them all. If you do only one part of the tutorial, then it should be use malicious software removal utility, because it should remove adware and block any further infection. But to completely remove Searchdefenderlive.com redirect you’ll have to at least reset your browser settings like new tab page, start page and default search engine to default state, disinfect computer’s internet browsers shortcuts, remove all unwanted and suspicious programs, and remove adware by malware removal utilities. Read it once, after doing so, please bookmark this page (or open it on your smartphone) as you may need to close your browser or reboot your PC.
To remove Searchdefenderlive.com, use the following steps:
- Manual Searchdefenderlive.com popup ads removal
- How to remove Searchdefenderlive.com popups using free utilities
- Use AdBlocker to stop Searchdefenderlive.com popup ads and stay safe online
- Finish words
Manual Searchdefenderlive.com popup ads removal
In most cases, it’s possible to manually get rid of Searchdefenderlive.com redirect. This solution does not involve the use of any tricks or removal utilities. You just need to recover the normal settings of the computer and internet browser. This can be done by following a few simple steps below. If you want to quickly delete Searchdefenderlive.com popup ads, as well as perform a full scan of your system, we recommend that you run adware software removal utilities, which are listed below.
Uninstall adware through the MS Windows Control Panel
Check out the MS Windows Control Panel (Programs and Features section) to see all installed software. We recommend to click on the “Date Installed” in order to sort the list of software by the date you installed them. If you see any unknown and dubious programs, they are the ones you need to uninstall.
Make sure you have closed all web browsers and other applications. Next, delete any unwanted and suspicious apps from your Control panel.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Now, click the Windows button, type “Control panel” in search and press Enter. Choose “Programs and Features”, then “Uninstall a program”.
Look around the entire list of apps installed on your personal computer. Most probably, one of them is the adware that causes Searchdefenderlive.com pop-ups. Select the questionable program or the program that name is not familiar to you and remove it.
Windows Vista, 7
From the “Start” menu in MS Windows, choose “Control Panel”. Under the “Programs” icon, choose “Uninstall a program”.
Select the dubious or any unknown applications, then press “Uninstall/Change” button to remove this undesired program from your system.
Click the “Start” button, select “Control Panel” option. Click on “Add/Remove Programs”.
Choose an unwanted program, then press “Change/Remove” button. Follow the prompts.
Remove Searchdefenderlive.com ads from IE
If you find that Microsoft Internet Explorer web-browser settings such as newtab, default search engine and homepage had been replaced by adware responsible for Searchdefenderlive.com redirect, then you may revert back your settings, via the reset web-browser procedure.
First, open the Microsoft Internet Explorer. Next, press the button in the form of gear (). It will open the Tools drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options” like below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as shown on the image below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button.
You will now need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
Remove Searchdefenderlive.com pop-up ads from Chrome
This step will show you how to reset Chrome browser settings to default values. This can delete Searchdefenderlive.com redirect and fix some surfing problems, especially after adware software infection. It will keep your personal information like browsing history, bookmarks, passwords and web form auto-fill data.
- First, start the Chrome and press the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will open the Google Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following tutorial: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Advanced” link, which located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Google Chrome will show the reset settings prompt as on the image above.
- Confirm the internet browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove Searchdefenderlive.com from Mozilla Firefox by resetting web-browser settings
If the Firefox settings like default search provider, newtab page and homepage have been changed by the adware software, then resetting it to the default state can help. However, your saved bookmarks and passwords will not be lost. This will not affect your history, passwords, bookmarks, and other saved data.
Start the Mozilla Firefox and press the menu button (it looks like three stacked lines) at the top right of the web browser screen. Next, press the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will open the slide-out menu.
Select the “Troubleshooting information”. If you are unable to access the Help menu, then type “about:support” in your address bar and press Enter. It bring up the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown in the following example.
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the Troubleshooting Information page. Select “Refresh Firefox” in the confirmation prompt. The Firefox will begin a procedure to fix your problems that caused by the Searchdefenderlive.com adware software. After, it is complete, click the “Finish” button.
How to remove Searchdefenderlive.com popups using free utilities
IT security experts have built efficient adware removal tools to help users in removing unwanted pop ups and undesired ads. Below we will share with you the best malicious software removal tools that can search for and remove adware that redirects your web-browser to the annoying Searchdefenderlive.com web page.
Remove Searchdefenderlive.com pop ups with Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM)
Zemana Free is extremely fast and ultra light weight malware removal tool. It will allow you delete Searchdefenderlive.com pop ups, adware, potentially unwanted programs and other malware. This program gives real-time protection that never slow down your PC. Zemana Free is made for experienced and beginner computer users. The interface of this utility is very easy to use, simple and minimalist.
- First, please go to the following link, then click the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of Zemana Anti Malware.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- Once you have downloaded the install file, make sure to double click on the Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. This would start the Zemana Free setup on your computer.
- Select setup language and click ‘OK’ button.
- On the next screen ‘Setup Wizard’ simply click the ‘Next’ button and follow the prompts.
- Finally, once the installation is complete, Zemana Anti-Malware will start automatically. Else, if doesn’t then double-click on the Zemana icon on your desktop.
- Now that you have successfully install Zemana AntiMalware, let’s see How to use Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) to remove Searchdefenderlive.com advertisements from your computer.
- After you have started the Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM), you will see a window as on the image below, just click ‘Scan’ button . Zemana Anti-Malware tool will start scanning the whole computer to find out adware.
- Now pay attention to the screen while Zemana scans your system.
- After Zemana completes the scan, Zemana will prepare a list of unwanted applications and adware. Review the report and then click ‘Next’ button.
- Zemana Free may require a restart PC system in order to complete the Searchdefenderlive.com pop-ups removal process.
- If you want to permanently remove adware from your system, then click ‘Quarantine’ icon, select all malicious software, adware, PUPs and other threats and click Delete.
- Restart your PC to complete the adware removal procedure.
Remove Searchdefenderlive.com pop up ads from web browsers with Hitman Pro
Hitman Pro is a free removal tool that may be downloaded and run to remove adware related to the Searchdefenderlive.com redirect, browser hijacker infections, malicious software, PUPs, toolbars and other threats from your PC. You can run this tool to search for threats even if you have an antivirus or any other security program.
- Visit the following page to download Hitman Pro. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- After the download is done, double click the HitmanPro icon. Once this tool is started, click “Next” button to begin scanning your machine for the adware which causes unwanted Searchdefenderlive.com pop up advertisements. This procedure can take quite a while, so please be patient. While the Hitman Pro program is checking, you can see how many objects it has identified as threat.
- Once HitmanPro has finished scanning, the results are displayed in the scan report. When you’re ready, click “Next” button. Now click the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to get rid of all malware found.
How to automatically get rid of Searchdefenderlive.com with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
You can remove Searchdefenderlive.com advertisements automatically through the use of MalwareBytes Free. We suggest this free malicious software removal utility because it can easily delete browser hijackers, adware software, PUPs and toolbars with all their components such as files, folders and registry entries.
- Visit the following page to download the latest version of MalwareBytes for MS Windows. Save it on your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- Once the downloading process is done, close all software and windows on your PC. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is finished, press the “Scan Now” button . MalwareBytes AntiMalware application will scan through the whole personal computer for the adware software that causes annoying Searchdefenderlive.com popups. When a malware, adware or PUPs are found, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the checking is done.
- Once MalwareBytes has finished scanning, MalwareBytes Free will prepare a list of unwanted applications and adware. Review the scan results and then press “Quarantine Selected”. Once that process is complete, you can be prompted to reboot your computer.
The following video offers a few simple steps on how to remove browser hijackers, adware software and other malicious software with MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM).
Use AdBlocker to stop Searchdefenderlive.com popup ads and stay safe online
The AdGuard is a very good ad-blocking program for the IE, Firefox, Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge, with active user support. It does a great job by removing certain types of undesired advertisements, popunders, pop ups, annoying newtab pages, and even full page advertisements and web-site overlay layers. Of course, the AdGuard can stop the Searchdefenderlive.com ads automatically or by using a custom filter rule.
Download AdGuard on your computer by clicking on the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
Once the download is complete, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as shown on the image below.
Follow the prompts. After the installation is done, you will see a window as shown on the image below.
You can click “Skip” to close the installation application and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you launch your machine, AdGuard will start automatically and stop undesired advertisements, block Searchdefenderlive.com, as well as other malicious or misleading web-pages. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that is located on your desktop.
Now your computer should be free of the adware software that causes multiple intrusive pop ups. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you stop unwanted pop-up advertisements and undesired harmful web-pages) and Zemana (to periodically scan your personal computer for new malware, browser hijacker infections and adware software). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for MS Windows operating system. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new browser hijacker infections, malicious applications and adware software are released.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove Searchdefenderlive.com pop ups from your web-browser, then ask for help here.