Q. Why am I constantly getting Enable-privacy.org pop-ups no matter what I do? What can I do to stop this madness? Has anyone tips for the problem that I described?
A. Constant advertising pop ups that show up without user-interaction is a sign of an adware attack on your computer. What does Adware mean? Adware is a part of malware which presents unwanted ads to the user of a machine. The ads produced by adware are sometimes in the form of a advertising banner, pop up or sometimes in an unclosable window.
Another reason why you need to remove adware software is its online data-tracking activity. Adware software can be used to gather marketing-type data about you such as what webpages you are opening, what you are looking for the Net and so on. This confidential information, subsequently, may be sold to third parties.
Many of free software out there install undesired internet browser toolbars, hijackers, adware and potentially unwanted apps along with them without your knowledge. One has to be attentive while installing free applications in order to avoid accidentally installing optional programs. It is important that you pay attention to the EULA (End User License Agreements) and select the Custom, Manual or Advanced install method as it will typically disclose what additional apps will also be installed.
|Type||adware, PUP (potentially unwanted program), pop up virus, pop up ads, popups|
|Removal||Enable-privacy.org removal guide|
Adware is usually written in ways common to malware, spyware and hijacker infections. In order to delete adware software and thus remove Enable-privacy.org popups, you will need execute the steps below or use free adware removal tool listed below.
How to Remove Enable-privacy.org pop ups (Adware virus removal guide)
Not all unwanted applications such as adware software that cause undesired Enable-privacy.org pop-up are easily uninstallable. You might see pop ups, deals, text links, in-text ads, banners and other type of ads in the MS Edge, Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox and might not be able to figure out the program responsible for this activity. The reason for this is that many unwanted programs neither appear in Microsoft Windows Control Panel. Therefore in order to completely remove Enable-privacy.org popup, you need to complete the following steps. Read this manual carefully, bookmark it or open this page on your smartphone, because you may need to exit your web-browser or reboot your machine.
To remove Enable-privacy.org, complete the following steps:
- How to manually delete Enable-privacy.org
- How to remove Enable-privacy.org popup with freeware
- How to block Enable-privacy.org
- Finish words
How to manually delete Enable-privacy.org
Read this “How to remove” section to know how to manually remove adware that causes multiple undesired popups. Even if the steps does not work for you, there are several free malicious software removers below that can easily handle such adware which causes intrusive Enable-privacy.org pop-up.
Delete newly installed potentially unwanted programs
In order to remove potentially unwanted apps like this adware, open the MS Windows Control Panel and click on “Uninstall a program”. Check the list of installed software. For the ones you do not know, run an Internet search to see if they are adware, hijacker or potentially unwanted programs. If yes, uninstall them off. Even if they are just a programs that you do not use, then removing them off will increase your computer start up time and speed dramatically.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
Windows XP, Vista, 7
Next, press “Uninstall a program”
It will open a list of all apps installed on your system. Scroll through the all list, and remove any dubious and unknown applications. To quickly find the latest installed applications, we recommend sort apps by date in the Control panel.
Delete Enable-privacy.org pop-ups from Internet Explorer
The Microsoft Internet Explorer reset is great if your web-browser is hijacked or you have unwanted add-ons or toolbars on your browser, that installed by an malicious software.
First, open the IE, click ) button. Next, click “Internet Options” as displayed on the screen below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, press Reset button. The Internet Explorer will open the Reset Internet Explorer settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button.
You will now need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect. It will remove adware software that causes Enable-privacy.org pop ups, disable malicious and ad-supported browser’s extensions and restore the Internet Explorer’s settings like new tab page, search provider by default and startpage to default state.
Remove Enable-privacy.org pop up from Chrome
Reset Chrome will help you to delete Enable-privacy.org pop-ups from your internet browser as well as to recover web browser settings infected by adware. All undesired, harmful and ‘ad-supported’ plugins will also be removed from the browser. It will save your personal information like saved passwords, bookmarks, auto-fill data and open tabs.
- First launch the Chrome and press Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will display the Google Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed add-ons. If the list has the plugin labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guide: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset” button.
- The Chrome will display the reset profile settings page as shown on the screen above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this task is complete, your browser’s new tab, default search engine and homepage will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Get rid of Enable-privacy.org popups from Mozilla Firefox
If Mozilla Firefox settings are hijacked by the adware, your web-browser displays annoying popup ads, then ‘Reset Firefox’ could solve these problems. Essential information like bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, cookies, auto-fill data and personal dictionaries will not be removed.
First, run the Mozilla Firefox. Next, press the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will open the drop-down menu. Next, click the Help button ().
In the Help menu press the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button such as the one below.
Confirm your action, press the “Refresh Firefox”.
How to remove Enable-privacy.org popup with freeware
Manual removal guidance may not be for an unskilled computer user. Each Enable-privacy.org removal step above, such as removing dubious programs, restoring infected shortcut files, deleting the adware from system settings, must be performed very carefully. If you’re have doubts about the steps above, then we advise that you follow the automatic Enable-privacy.org removal tutorial listed below.
How to delete Enable-privacy.org pop-ups with Zemana AntiMalware
Does Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) delete adware software which causes unwanted Enable-privacy.org pop-ups? The adware is often downloaded with malware which can force you to install an program such as keyloggers you don’t want. Therefore, advise using the Zemana. It is a utility designed to scan and remove adware and other malicious software from your machine for free.
Installing the Zemana is simple. First you’ll need to download Zemana Free from the following link.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
After the download is complete, close all windows on your computer. Further, start the setup file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. If the “User Account Control” dialog box pops up as on the image below, click the “Yes” button.
It will open the “Setup wizard” that will allow you install Zemana on the computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once install is done successfully, Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) will automatically run and you may see its main window like below.
Next, press the “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this utility for the adware that causes multiple intrusive pop ups. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the count of files on your computer and the speed of your system. When a malicious software, adware software or PUPs are found, the number of the security threats will change accordingly.
After the scan get completed, Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) will show a scan report. All found items will be marked. You can remove them all by simply click “Next” button.
The Zemana Free will delete adware software responsible for Enable-privacy.org pop ups. After the cleaning process is finished, you may be prompted to reboot your system.
Use HitmanPro to delete Enable-privacy.org pop ups
Hitman Pro is a free portable application that scans your PC for adware software that cause undesired Enable-privacy.org pop ups, potentially unwanted programs and hijackers and allows delete them easily. Moreover, it’ll also allow you remove any harmful web browser extensions and add-ons.
- Download HitmanPro by clicking on the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- Once the downloading process is done, run the HitmanPro, double-click the HitmanPro.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, press Yes to continue.
- In the Hitman Pro window, click the “Next” . Hitman Pro program will scan through the whole machine for the adware software responsible for Enable-privacy.org pop-ups. This task may take some time, so please be patient. When a threat is detected, the count of the security threats will change accordingly.
- When Hitman Pro is complete scanning your personal computer, Hitman Pro will open you the results. Review the results once the utility has finished the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply click “Next”. Now, press the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to remove all malware found.
Use MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) to remove Enable-privacy.org pop-ups
Get rid of Enable-privacy.org pop-ups manually is difficult and often the adware is not fully removed. Therefore, we recommend you to run the MalwareBytes that are fully clean your machine. Moreover, this free program will help you to remove malware, PUPs, toolbars and browser hijackers that your system may be infected too.
- First, visit the page linked below, then click the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of MalwareBytes.
Category: Security tools
Update: July 25, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web-browser will display the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- Once downloading is complete, please close all programs and open windows on your computer. Double-click on the icon that’s called mb3-setup.
- This will open the “Setup wizard” of MalwareBytes onto your computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes will run and display the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button . MalwareBytes Anti Malware tool will start scanning the whole PC to find out adware responsible for Enable-privacy.org pop-ups. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient. While the MalwareBytes Free tool is checking, you can see how many objects it has identified as being infected by malware.
- When the system scan is finished, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) will show a list of all items found by the scan.
- Once you have selected what you wish to remove from your computer press the “Quarantine Selected” button. When that process is finished, you may be prompted to restart the computer.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
How to block Enable-privacy.org
To put it simply, you need to use an ad blocking utility (AdGuard, for example). It’ll stop and protect you from all unwanted websites such as Enable-privacy.org, ads and pop-ups. To be able to do that, the ad-blocking program uses a list of filters. Each filter is a rule that describes a malicious web-page, an advertising content, a banner and others. The ad blocking program automatically uses these filters, depending on the web pages you are visiting.
Please go to the link below to download the latest version of AdGuard for MS Windows. Save it directly to your MS Windows Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After downloading it, double-click the downloaded file to launch it. The “Setup Wizard” window will show up on the computer screen as displayed below.
Follow the prompts. AdGuard will then be installed and an icon will be placed on your desktop. A window will show up asking you to confirm that you want to see a quick guidance as shown on the image below.
Press “Skip” button to close the window and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick instructions that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and stop undesired advertisements, block Enable-privacy.org, as well as other harmful or misleading webpages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that can be found on your desktop.
Now your personal computer should be clean of the adware which causes unwanted Enable-privacy.org pop-up. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you stop unwanted popup and intrusive malicious web pages) and Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) (to periodically scan your computer for new malicious software, browser hijacker infections and adware). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for Windows operating system. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new hijacker infections, harmful programs and adware are released.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove Enable-privacy.org pop ups from your web browser, then ask for help here.