If the Search.htransitmapsdirections2.com have become the Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer and Chrome web-browser’s new homepage or search provider without your consent, then you have a browser hijacker infection on your computer. The browser hijacker is usually a PUP (potentially unwanted program) or a web browser addon. It is be able to to change search engine, startpage and some other settings of a browser for the sole purpose of boosting traffic and monetizing traffic.
The Search.htransitmapsdirections2.com hijacker will modify your web-browser’s search provider so that all searches are sent through Search.htransitmapsdirections2.com, which redirections to Bing, Yahoo or Google Custom Search engine which displays the search results for your query. The developers of this browser hijacker infection are using legitimate search engine as they may earn revenue from the advertisements which are shown in the search results.
Also, adware (sometimes called ‘ad-supported’ software) can be installed on the computer together with Search.htransitmapsdirections2.com browser hijacker. It will insert a large number of advertisements directly to the websites which you view, creating a sense that ads has been added by the creators of the web page. Moreover, legal advertisements can be replaced on fake ads which will offer to download and install various unnecessary and harmful software.
We suggest you to free your system of hijacker as quickly as possible. Use the few simple steps below which will assist to get rid of Search.htransitmapsdirections2.com redirect and malicious application, that can be installed onto your personal computer along with it.
How to Remove Search.htransitmapsdirections2.com from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
In the few simple steps below we will have a look at the hijacker infection and how to remove Search.htransitmapsdirections2.com from Google Chrome, Edge, Internet Explorer and Firefox internet browsers for MS Windows OS, natively or by using a few free removal tools. Read it once, after doing so, please print this page as you may need to close your browser or restart your PC.
To remove Search.htransitmapsdirections2.com, use the following steps:
- Remove Search.htransitmapsdirections2.com redirect without any utilities
- Remove Search.htransitmapsdirections2.com related software through the Control Panel of your PC
- Remove Search.htransitmapsdirections2.com search from Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Remove Search.htransitmapsdirections2.com from Chrome
- Remove Search.htransitmapsdirections2.com from Mozilla Firefox by resetting web-browser settings
- How to automatically remove Search.htransitmapsdirections2.com
- Block Search.htransitmapsdirections2.com and other unwanted web-sites
- How to prevent Search.htransitmapsdirections2.com hijacker from getting inside your computer
- To sum up
Remove Search.htransitmapsdirections2.com redirect without any utilities
Most common browser hijacker infections may be removed without any antivirus software. The manual hijacker removal is guidance that will teach you how to remove Search.htransitmapsdirections2.com . If you do not want to delete Search.htransitmapsdirections2.com in the manually due to the fact that you are not skilled at computer, then you can use free removal tools listed below.
Remove Search.htransitmapsdirections2.com related software through the Control Panel of your PC
In order to remove Search.htransitmapsdirections2.com, first thing you need to do is to remove unknown and questionable programs from your personal computer using Windows control panel. When deleting this hijacker infection, check the list of installed applications and try to find dubious programs and delete them all. Pay special attention to recently added apps, as it’s most likely that the Search.htransitmapsdirections2.com browser hijacker infection сame along with it.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Click the Microsoft Windows logo, and then click Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter as displayed on the screen below.
When the ‘Control Panel’ opens, click the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as displayed below.
Windows 7, Vista, XP
Open Start menu and select the ‘Control Panel’ at right like below.
Then go to ‘Add/Remove Programs’ or ‘Uninstall a program’ (Microsoft Windows 7 or Vista) as on the image below.
Carefully browse through the list of installed software and delete all dubious and unknown applications. We recommend to click ‘Installed programs’ and even sorts all installed software by date. When you have found anything suspicious that may be the hijacker infection responsible for modifying your browser settings to Search.htransitmapsdirections2.com or other potentially unwanted application (PUA), then choose this program and click ‘Uninstall’ in the upper part of the window. If the questionable program blocked from removal, then use Revo Uninstaller Freeware to fully delete it from your machine.
Remove Search.htransitmapsdirections2.com search from Microsoft Internet Explorer
In order to restore all internet browser new tab, startpage and search provider you need to reset the IE to the state, which was when the MS Windows was installed on your machine.
First, start the Internet Explorer, press ) button. Next, click “Internet Options” like below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, click Reset button. The IE will show the Reset Internet Explorer settings dialog box. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button.
You will now need to reboot your PC for the changes to take effect. It will get rid of Search.htransitmapsdirections2.com hijacker infection and other web browser’s malicious extensions, disable malicious and ad-supported browser’s extensions and restore the Internet Explorer’s settings like default search engine, newtab page and home page to default state.
Remove Search.htransitmapsdirections2.com from Chrome
If you have browser hijacker problem or the Chrome is running slow, then reset Google Chrome settings can help you. In the steps below we will show you a solution to reset your Chrome settings to original settings without reinstall. This will also allow to remove Search.htransitmapsdirections2.com from home page, search engine by default and newtab page.
First run the Chrome. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal dots ().
It will display the Chrome menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions. Carefully browse through the list of installed addons. If the list has the extension signed with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following tutorial: Remove Google Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
Open the Google Chrome menu once again. Further, press the option named “Settings”.
The web browser will show the settings screen. Another way to show the Google Chrome’s settings – type chrome://settings in the browser adress bar and press Enter
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and press the “Advanced” link. Now scroll down until the “Reset” section is visible, as displayed in the following example and press the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
The Chrome will open the confirmation dialog box as shown on the screen below.
You need to confirm your action, click the “Reset” button. The internet browser will start the process of cleaning. When it is complete, the web-browser’s settings including search provider, new tab and homepage back to the values which have been when the Chrome was first installed on your system.
Remove Search.htransitmapsdirections2.com from Mozilla Firefox by resetting web-browser settings
Resetting Firefox web browser will reset all the settings to their default values and will remove Search.htransitmapsdirections2.com, malicious add-ons and extensions. However, your themes, bookmarks, history, passwords, and web form auto-fill information will not be deleted.
Click the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and click the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu as shown on the image below.
A small menu will appear, click the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, press “Refresh Firefox” button as shown on the image below.
Follow the onscreen procedure to return your Mozilla Firefox internet browser settings to their original settings.
How to automatically remove Search.htransitmapsdirections2.com
It is not enough to get rid of Search.htransitmapsdirections2.com from your internet browser by following the manual steps above to solve all problems. Some Search.htransitmapsdirections2.com browser hijacker infection related files may remain on your computer and they will recover the browser hijacker infection even after you remove it. For that reason we suggest to use free anti-malware utility such as Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM), MalwareBytes Free and HitmanPro. Either of those programs should can scan for and delete hijacker that causes browsers to show undesired Search.htransitmapsdirections2.com webpage.
How to automatically remove Search.htransitmapsdirections2.com with Zemana Free
Zemana Free highly recommended, because it can look for security threats such browser hijacker and adware software that most ‘classic’ antivirus applications fail to pick up on. Moreover, if you have any Search.htransitmapsdirections2.com hijacker removal problems which cannot be fixed by this tool automatically, then Zemana Free provides 24X7 online assistance from the highly experienced support staff.
- Please go to the link below to download Zemana Free. Save it to your Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- After the download is complete, close all applications and windows on your computer. Open a folder in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is finished, press the “Scan” button to start scanning your computer for the browser hijacker that redirects your web browser to annoying Search.htransitmapsdirections2.com website. During the scan Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) will scan for threats present on your machine.
- Once Zemana has finished scanning, Zemana will show a list of detected items. Review the results once the utility has complete the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply press “Next”. Once the procedure is done, you can be prompted to reboot your personal computer.
Scan your PC system and remove Search.htransitmapsdirections2.com startpage with HitmanPro
Hitman Pro is a portable application that requires no hard setup to search for and delete hijacker that redirects your web-browser to unwanted Search.htransitmapsdirections2.com web site. The program itself is small in size (only a few Mb). Hitman Pro does not need any drivers and special dlls. It is probably easier to use than any alternative malicious software removal tools you have ever tried. Hitman Pro works on 64 and 32-bit versions of Windows 10, 8, 7 and XP. It proves that removal utility can be just as effective as the widely known antivirus programs.
Download HitmanPro by clicking on the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
Once the download is done, open the folder in which you saved it. You will see an icon like below.
Double click the HitmanPro desktop icon. When the tool is opened, you will see a screen as shown on the screen below.
Further, click “Next” button to perform a system scan for the hijacker that cause a reroute to Search.htransitmapsdirections2.com web-site. This task can take some time, so please be patient. Once Hitman Pro has completed scanning, you can check all threats found on your computer like below.
When you are ready, click “Next” button. It will display a dialog box, click the “Activate free license” button.
Remove Search.htransitmapsdirections2.com search with MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM)
Get rid of Search.htransitmapsdirections2.com hijacker manually is difficult and often the browser hijacker is not fully removed. Therefore, we suggest you to run the MalwareBytes which are fully clean your machine. Moreover, this free program will help you to remove malicious software, potentially unwanted apps, toolbars and adware that your computer can be infected too.
- Visit the following page to download the latest version of MalwareBytes Anti Malware for Microsoft Windows. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Category: Security tools
Update: July 25, 2019
- After the downloading process is finished, close all software and windows on your computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- Further, press Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is finished, press the “Scan Now” button to start checking your system for the browser hijacker responsible for changing your web-browser settings to Search.htransitmapsdirections2.com. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your machine. While the tool is scanning, you can see number of objects and files has already scanned.
- When MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) completes the scan, a list of all items detected is produced. When you’re ready, press “Quarantine Selected”. When disinfection is finished, you may be prompted to reboot your computer.
The following video offers a step-by-step guidance on how to delete hijacker infections, adware and other malware with MalwareBytes Free.
Block Search.htransitmapsdirections2.com and other unwanted web-sites
Using an ad-blocking program such as AdGuard is an effective way to alleviate the risks. Additionally, ad blocker applications will also protect you from malicious ads and web pages, and, of course, stop redirection chain to Search.htransitmapsdirections2.com and similar web pages.
- Visit the following page to download AdGuard. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- Once downloading is complete, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- When the install is complete, click “Skip” to close the install program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you run your personal computer, AdGuard will start automatically and stop unwanted advertisements, block Search.htransitmapsdirections2.com, as well as other harmful or misleading websites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon called AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
How to prevent Search.htransitmapsdirections2.com hijacker from getting inside your computer
To sum up
After completing the guidance outlined above, your personal computer should be clean from this hijacker and other malware. The MS Edge, Google Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer will no longer open intrusive Search.htransitmapsdirections2.com webpage on startup. Unfortunately, if the step-by-step instructions does not help you, then you have caught a new browser hijacker, and then the best way – ask for help.
Please create a new question by using the “Ask Question” button in the Questions and Answers. Try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately. Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the annoying Search.htransitmapsdirections2.com home page.