Q. Transit Maps Directions takes control of the Google Chrome, MS Edge, Mozilla Firefox and IE now and I can’t use my internet browsers smoothly, please help! Where does Transit Maps Directions come from? Is there any solution to the problem??
A. IT security researchers called the Transit Maps Directions a browser hijacker. It can make changes to the web browser’s home page, new tab and search provider. If you want to get more information about the browser hijacker infection and know how to completely remove Transit Maps Directions from your browser, please read through this blog post.
After the hijack, common symptoms include:
- Replacing the Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome and Edge built-in search box and default search provider to Transit Maps Directions;
- Modifying web browser’s homepage to Transit Maps Directions;
- Changing the ‘newtab page’ URL to launch an unwanted web site.
It’s likely that you might be worried with the browser hijacker responsible for redirects to Transit Maps Directions. You should not disregard this unwanted software. The browser hijacker can not only modify your homepage or search engine, but reroute your web-browser to shady web pages. What is more, the hijacker can analyze your surfing, and gain access to your sensitive information and, afterwards, can sell it to third party companies. Thus, there are more than enough reasons to get rid of Transit Maps Directions from your web browser.
The guide below explaining steps to delete Transit Maps Directions problem. Feel free to use it for removal of the hijacker that may attack Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Edge and other popular browsers. The steps will help you return your web browsers settings that previously modified by hijacker.
How to remove Transit Maps Directions from Google Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
In the few simple steps below, we’ll try to cover the Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Microsoft Edge and provide general help to remove Transit Maps Directions . You may find some minor differences in your Microsoft Windows install. No matter, you should be okay if you follow the steps outlined below: delete all suspicious and unknown apps, reset internet browsers settings, fix web browsers shortcuts, use free malware removal tools. Read it once, after doing so, please print this page as you may need to close your web browser or reboot your computer.
To remove Transit Maps Directions, follow the steps below:
- Manual Transit Maps Directions removal
- How to automatically get rid of Transit Maps Directions
- How to block Transit Maps Directions
- Method of Transit Maps Directions browser hijacker intrusion into your PC system
- To sum up
Manual Transit Maps Directions removal
The following instructions is a step-by-step guide, which will help you manually remove Transit Maps Directions startpage from the Mozilla Firefox, Edge, Google Chrome and IE.
Removing the Transit Maps Directions, check the list of installed programs first
Some programs are free only because their setup file contains a hijacker such as the Transit Maps Directions. This unwanted programs generates money for the developers when it is installed. Many browser hijackers can be deleted by simply uninstalling them from the ‘Uninstall a Program’ that is located in Windows control panel.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
First, press Windows button , then click Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter as displayed in the figure below.
After the ‘Control Panel’ opens, click the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as shown in the figure below.
You will see the ‘Uninstall a program’ panel as on the image below.
Very carefully look around the entire list of applications installed on your system. Most probably, one of them is the hijacker that cause a redirect to Transit Maps Directions web site. If you’ve many apps installed, you can help simplify the search of malicious programs by sort the list by date of installation. Once you have found a questionable, unwanted or unused program, right click to it, after that click ‘Uninstall’.
Windows XP, Vista, 7
First, click ‘Start’ button and select ‘Control Panel’ at right panel like below.
Once the Windows ‘Control Panel’ opens, you need to press ‘Uninstall a program’ under ‘Programs’ like below.
You will see a list of software installed on your system. We recommend to sort the list by date of installation to quickly find the apps that were installed last. Most likely, it’s the hijacker responsible for redirections to Transit Maps Directions. If you’re in doubt, you can always check the program by doing a search for her name in Google, Yahoo or Bing. Once the program which you need to delete is found, simply press on its name, and then click ‘Uninstall’ as shown in the following example.
Delete Transit Maps Directions from IE
If you find that IE browser settings like newtab, search engine by default and start page had been hijacked, then you may restore your settings, via the reset browser procedure.
First, launch the IE, then press ‘gear’ icon . It will display the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the internet browser, then click the “Internet Options” as shown in the figure below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then press the “Reset” button. The IE will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box. Further, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, press the “Reset” button as shown in the figure below.
Once the process is complete, click “Close” button. Close the Internet Explorer and reboot your PC system for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your internet browser’s default search provider, new tab and startpage to default state.
Remove Transit Maps Directions from Firefox by resetting web browser settings
If your Mozilla Firefox web browser home page has changed to Transit Maps Directions without your permission or an unknown search provider shows results for your search, then it may be time to perform the web-browser reset. It will keep your personal information such as browsing history, bookmarks, passwords and web form auto-fill data.
Click the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and click the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu like below.
A small menu will appear, press the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, press “Refresh Firefox” button like below.
Follow the onscreen procedure to restore your Firefox internet browser settings to their original settings.
Remove Transit Maps Directions from Chrome
Reset Chrome settings to remove Transit Maps Directions. If you are still experiencing issues with Transit Maps Directions, you need to reset Google Chrome browser to its original state. This step needs to be performed only if browser hijacker has not been removed by the previous steps.
- First, start the Chrome and click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will show the Google Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed add-ons. If the list has the add-on labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following steps: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Advanced” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Chrome will show the reset settings dialog box as on the image above.
- Confirm the browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
How to automatically get rid of Transit Maps Directions
Using a malware removal utility to scan for and get rid of browser hijacker infection hiding on your system is probably the easiest solution to delete the Transit Maps Directions redirect. We suggests the Zemana program for Windows systems. Hitman Pro and MalwareBytes AntiMalware are other antimalware utilities for Windows that offers a free malware removal.
Run Zemana Anti Malware to delete Transit Maps Directions start page
We advise using the Zemana Free that are completely clean your computer of the browser hijacker infection. The utility is an advanced malicious software removal program made by (c) Zemana lab. It’s able to help you remove potentially unwanted software, browser hijackers, adware, malware, toolbars, ransomware and other security threats from your PC system for free.
- Installing the Zemana is simple. First you will need to download Zemana Anti-Malware on your machine by clicking on the following link.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- After the download is finished, close all applications and windows on your computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once setup is finished, click the “Scan” button . Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) tool will begin scanning the whole PC system to find out browser hijacker infection which designed to redirect your web browser to the Transit Maps Directions web-page. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your personal computer. While the Zemana Free program is scanning, you may see how many objects it has identified as threat.
- Once Zemana Anti-Malware has finished scanning, Zemana Free will show a list of found items. Review the results once the tool has finished the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply press “Next”. When that process is complete, you may be prompted to reboot your machine.
Run HitmanPro to delete Transit Maps Directions from the computer
HitmanPro frees your computer from adware, PUPs, unwanted toolbars, web browser extensions and other unwanted software like browser hijacker responsible for redirecting user searches to Transit Maps Directions. The free removal tool will help you enjoy your system to its fullest. Hitman Pro uses advanced behavioral detection technologies to look for if there are unwanted programs in your computer. You can review the scan results, and select the items you want to erase.
- Download HitmanPro by clicking on the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- After the downloading process is finished, start the Hitman Pro, double-click the HitmanPro.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, click Yes to continue.
- In the HitmanPro window, click the “Next” to begin checking your computer for the Transit Maps Directions hijacker infection and other internet browser’s harmful extensions. This task can take quite a while, so please be patient. When a malware, adware software or potentially unwanted software are detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly.
- Once HitmanPro has completed scanning, HitmanPro will open you the results. When you’re ready, click “Next”. Now, press the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to delete all malicious software found.
Run MalwareBytes Free to remove hijacker
We recommend using the MalwareBytes. You can download and install MalwareBytes Free to detect and remove Transit Maps Directions from your PC. When installed and updated, this free malicious software remover automatically identifies and removes all threats exist on the PC system.
- Download MalwareBytes by clicking on the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your browser will open the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- After downloading is finished, please close all software and open windows on your PC. Double-click on the icon that’s called mb3-setup.
- This will start the “Setup wizard” of MalwareBytes Anti Malware onto your PC. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes will run and display the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button . MalwareBytes tool will start scanning the whole computer to find out browser hijacker infection which changes web browser settings to replace your search provider, new tab page and home page with Transit Maps Directions web page. While the MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) application is checking, you can see how many objects it has identified as threat.
- After the scanning is finished, MalwareBytes Anti Malware will show a list of found threats.
- All detected threats will be marked. You can get rid of them all by simply press the “Quarantine Selected” button. When the process is complete, you may be prompted to restart the computer.
- Close the AntiMalware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
How to block Transit Maps Directions
Use adblocker program such as AdGuard in order to block ads, malvertisements, pop-ups and online trackers, avoid having to install malicious and adware browser plug-ins and add-ons which affect your system performance and impact your computer security. Browse the Net anonymously and stay safe online!
- Click the link below to download AdGuard. Save it to your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- When the download is finished, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- After the setup is finished, click “Skip” to close the install application and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you run your PC, AdGuard will launch automatically and stop unwanted ads, block Transit Maps Directions, as well as other harmful or misleading webpages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, that is located on your desktop.
Method of Transit Maps Directions browser hijacker intrusion into your PC system
To sum up
Now your machine should be clean of the browser hijacker infection which alters web-browser settings to replace your homepage, default search engine and newtab with Transit Maps Directions web-site. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you stop unwanted pop ups and annoying harmful web-sites) and Zemana Free (to periodically scan your PC system for new malicious software, browser hijackers and adware software). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for Microsoft Windows OS. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new browser hijacker infections, harmful programs and adware are released.
If you are still having problems while trying to get rid of Transit Maps Directions start page from your web-browser, then ask for help here.