If your internet browser taking you to dubious web-site named ‘Newstoad.info‘ that you didn’t request or is suddenly full of pop-up ads then may be possible that you’ve an PUP (potentially unwanted program) from the adware (sometimes named ‘ad-supported’ software) category installed on your personal computer.
How Adware works & Adware effects.
Adware is a term that originates from ‘ad supported’ software. Most often, ‘adware software’ is considered by many to be synonymous with ‘malware’. Its purpose is to earn profit for its author by showing undesired ads to a user while the user is browsing the Net.
It is likely that you might be bothered with the adware that cause annoying Newstoad.info pop-ups. You should not disregard this unwanted software. The adware software might not only show annoying advertisements, but reroute your web browser to misleading and malicious web-pages.
The worst is, some adware software has spyware and keyloggers built into the application, leading to greater damage to your computer and possible invasion of your personal information.
If your web-browser has been affected by the adware, you must have done any of the steps below. Once you have removed Newstoad.info pop-ups from your computer by following our suggestions below, make sure not to commit the same mistakes again in the future.
How to Remove Newstoad.info pop-ups, ads, notifications
When the adware gets installed on your PC system without your knowledge, it is not easy to uninstall. In most cases, there is no Uninstall program which simply delete the adware responsible for Newstoad.info ads from your system. So, we recommend using several well-proven free specialized tools like Zemana AntiMalware, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) or HitmanPro. But the best way to delete Newstoad.info pop-up ads will be to perform several manual steps, after that additionally use antimalware utilities.
To remove Newstoad.info pop-ups, use the following steps:
- How to manually delete Newstoad.info
- How to remove Newstoad.info pop up advertisements with free software
- Block Newstoad.info and other undesired websites
- How can you prevent your computer from the attack of adware
- Finish words
How to manually delete Newstoad.info
If you perform exactly the few simple steps below you should be able to delete the Newstoad.info ads from the Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Firefox web-browsers.
Uninstall PUPs using MS Windows Control Panel
Some of potentially unwanted software, adware and browser hijackers can be removed using the Add/Remove programs utility that is located in the Windows Control Panel. So, if you are running any version of Windows and you have noticed an unwanted program, then first try to delete it through Add/Remove programs.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Click the MS Windows logo, and then press Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter as shown in the figure below.
After the ‘Control Panel’ opens, click the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as displayed below.
Windows 7, Vista, XP
Open Start menu and select the ‘Control Panel’ at right as on the image below.
Then go to ‘Add/Remove Programs’ or ‘Uninstall a program’ (MS Windows 7 or Vista) as shown below.
Carefully browse through the list of installed applications and remove all suspicious and unknown software. We suggest to press ‘Installed programs’ and even sorts all installed apps by date. Once you’ve found anything questionable that may be the adware which cause unwanted Newstoad.info popups or other PUP (potentially unwanted program), then choose this application and press ‘Uninstall’ in the upper part of the window. If the dubious application blocked from removal, then run Revo Uninstaller Freeware to completely remove it from your PC system.
Remove Newstoad.info pop up ads from Google Chrome
If your Chrome internet browser is re-directed to annoying Newstoad.info web-page, it may be necessary to completely reset your web browser program to its default settings.
- First start the Google Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will open the Google Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the addon labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guide: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Google Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and press the “Reset” button.
- The Google Chrome will show the reset profile settings page as on the image above.
- Next press the “Reset” button.
- Once this process is done, your internet browser’s home page, default search provider and newtab will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Remove Newstoad.info ads from IE
In order to restore all browser search provider by default, home page and new tab page you need to reset the Microsoft Internet Explorer to the state, that was when the Windows was installed on your PC system.
First, open the Microsoft Internet Explorer, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will open the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the browser, then press the “Internet Options” as shown in the following example.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then press the “Reset” button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box. Further, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, press the “Reset” button as shown in the following example.
After the procedure is finished, press “Close” button. Close the IE and restart your machine for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your web-browser’s start page, default search provider and new tab page to default state.
Remove Newstoad.info from Firefox by resetting browser settings
Resetting your Mozilla Firefox is basic troubleshooting step for any issues with your browser application, including the redirect to Newstoad.info web page. However, your saved passwords and bookmarks will not be changed, deleted or cleared.
Start the Firefox and press the menu button (it looks like three stacked lines) at the top right of the browser screen. Next, press the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will display the slide-out menu.
Select the “Troubleshooting information”. If you are unable to access the Help menu, then type “about:support” in your address bar and press Enter. It bring up the “Troubleshooting Information” page as on the image below.
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the Troubleshooting Information page. Select “Refresh Firefox” in the confirmation prompt. The Firefox will start a task to fix your problems that caused by the Newstoad.info adware software. Once, it is finished, click the “Finish” button.
How to remove Newstoad.info pop up advertisements with free software
Spyware, adware, PUPs and browser hijackers can be difficult to get rid of manually. Do not try to remove this apps without the aid of malware removal tools. In order to fully delete adware from your PC, use professionally developed tools, such as Zemana AntiMalware, MalwareBytes Free and Hitman Pro.
Automatically remove Newstoad.info popups with Zemana Free
Zemana Anti Malware is a free tool that performs a scan of your computer and displays if there are existing adware, browser hijackers, viruses, worms, spyware, trojans and other malware residing on your system. If malicious software is found, Zemana Free can automatically remove it. Zemana Anti Malware doesn’t conflict with other anti-malware and antivirus apps installed on your PC.
- Visit the following page to download Zemana Free. Save it to your Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- Once the downloading process is done, close all programs and windows on your system. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is complete, press the “Scan” button . Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) tool will start scanning the whole system to find out adware related to the Newstoad.info popup ads. Depending on your PC, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. While the Zemana AntiMalware is scanning, you can see how many objects it has identified either as being malware.
- As the scanning ends, Zemana Free will display a scan report. All detected items will be marked. You can delete them all by simply click “Next”. After finished, you may be prompted to reboot your PC.
Remove Newstoad.info ads from internet browsers with HitmanPro
HitmanPro is a portable program which requires no hard install to detect and remove adware software that causes Newstoad.info pop-up advertisements. The program itself is small in size (only a few Mb). Hitman Pro does not need any drivers and special dlls. It’s probably easier to use than any alternative malware removal tools you’ve ever tried. Hitman Pro works on 64 and 32-bit versions of Windows 10, 8, 7 and XP. It proves that removal tool can be just as useful as the widely known antivirus programs.
- Installing the Hitman Pro is simple. First you will need to download HitmanPro on your Windows Desktop by clicking on the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- After the download is done, run the HitmanPro, double-click the HitmanPro.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, click Yes to continue.
- In the Hitman Pro window, click the “Next” to perform a system scan for the adware that causes unwanted Newstoad.info advertisements. Depending on your PC, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. While the Hitman Pro tool is checking, you may see number of objects it has identified as being affected by malicious software.
- Once that process is done, the results are displayed in the scan report. In order to remove all threats, simply click “Next”. Now, click the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to get rid of all malware found.
Scan and clean your system of adware software with MalwareBytes Anti Malware
You can get rid of Newstoad.info pop-up advertisements automatically through the use of MalwareBytes. We suggest this free malicious software removal tool because it may easily remove browser hijackers, adware, potentially unwanted apps and toolbars with all their components such as files, folders and registry entries.
MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) can be downloaded from the following link. Save it directly to your Microsoft Windows Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: July 25, 2019
Once the download is complete, close all software and windows on your personal computer. Double-click the install file called mb3-setup. If the “User Account Control” dialog box pops up as displayed in the following example, click the “Yes” button.
It will open the “Setup wizard” that will help you set up MalwareBytes Anti Malware on your PC. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once setup is finished successfully, click Finish button. MalwareBytes Free will automatically start and you can see its main screen as on the image below.
Now click the “Scan Now” button . MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) program will scan through the whole machine for the adware software that cause pop-ups. A system scan may take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your machine. When a threat is found, the number of the security threats will change accordingly.
Once that process is finished, MalwareBytes will show a scan report. Next, you need to click “Quarantine Selected” button. The MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) will delete adware responsible for Newstoad.info pop-ups and add threats to the Quarantine. After disinfection is finished, you may be prompted to reboot the PC system.
We recommend you look at the following video, which completely explains the procedure of using the MalwareBytes Anti Malware to remove adware, hijacker and other malicious software.
Block Newstoad.info and other undesired websites
To put it simply, you need to use an adblocker utility (AdGuard, for example). It will stop and protect you from all unwanted websites like Newstoad.info, ads and pop ups. To be able to do that, the ad blocking program uses a list of filters. Each filter is a rule that describes a malicious webpage, an advertising content, a banner and others. The ad blocker program automatically uses these filters, depending on the web sites you’re visiting.
- Visit the following page to download AdGuard. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop or in any other place.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- When the download is finished, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the setup is finished, click “Skip” to close the install program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you run your system, AdGuard will start automatically and stop undesired ads, block Newstoad.info, as well as other harmful or misleading websites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon called AdGuard, that can be found on your desktop.
How can you prevent your computer from the attack of adware
The adware most likely to occur during the setup of free applications due the fact that PUPs like this are usually hidden in the installer. Thus, if you have installed some free software using Quick(Standard) method, you may have let undesired ads and pop-ups get inside your browser. Keep in mind that the Quick mode is unreliable because it do not warn about additional applications. Thus, third-party software will be installed automatically unless you choose Advanced/Custom method and disable its installation.
Once you’ve finished the few simple steps shown above, your computer should be clean from adware that causes unwanted Newstoad.info pop up ads and other malicious software. The Firefox, Edge, Internet Explorer and Chrome will no longer redirect you to various annoying web pages like Newstoad.info. Unfortunately, if the instructions does not help you, then you have caught a new adware, and then the best way – ask for help here.