If your anti-virus detects PUP.Optional.FFInjectExt then it indicates that your PC system is affected by potentially unwanted program (PUP). Currently, PUPs are widely spread, due to the fact that most people are trying to find freeware, download and install them on the PC system without proper attention to the fact that malicious software can penetrate into the PC along with them.
PUPs such as the PUP.Optional.FFInjectExt can perform various actions of a makers’s choice on your machine. It can send information about your PC system to a remote server; redirect your internet browser to annoying ads, malicious, misleading and spam web sites; use your machine for click fraud and other dangerous and harmful actions.
And finally, the PUP.Optional.FFInjectExt has the ability to collect lots of marketing-type data about you like what web pages you’re opening, what you’re looking for the Internet and so on. This information, in the future, can be sold to third party companies.
Therefore, we suggest you remove PUP.Optional.FFInjectExt from your system without a wait. This will also prevent this potentially unwanted program from tracking your online activities. A full PUP.Optional.FFInjectExt removal can be easily carried out using manual or automatic way listed below.
How to Remove PUP.Optional.FFInjectExt
The following steps will allow you to remove PUP.Optional.FFInjectExt from your machine. Moreover, the steps below will help you to remove malware like potentially unwanted apps, adware software and toolbars that your PC may be infected. Please do the guide step by step. If you need help or have any questions, then ask for our assistance or type a comment below. Certain of the steps will require you to restart your computer or shut down this webpage. So, read this instructions carefully, then bookmark or print it for later reference.
To remove PUP.Optional.FFInjectExt, complete the steps below:
- Remove potentially unwanted apps using MS Windows Control Panel
- How to remove PUP.Optional.FFInjectExt with Zemana
- Remove PUP.Optional.FFInjectExt from web browsers with Hitman Pro
- How to automatically delete PUP.Optional.FFInjectExt with MalwareBytes Free
- Remove PUP.Optional.FFInjectExt potentially unwanted program from Mozilla Firefox
- Delete PUP.Optional.FFInjectExt PUP from Internet Explorer
- Delete PUP.Optional.FFInjectExt PUP from Chrome
- Run AdBlocker to stay safe online
- To sum up
Remove potentially unwanted apps using MS Windows Control Panel
Some of PUPs, adware and potentially unwanted program can be uninstalled using the Add/Remove programs tool that may be found in the Microsoft Windows Control Panel. So, if you are running any version of Windows and you have noticed an unwanted application, then first try to remove it through Add/Remove programs.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Click the Microsoft Windows logo, and then click Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter as displayed in the figure below.
When the ‘Control Panel’ opens, press the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as displayed on the image below.
Windows 7, Vista, XP
Open Start menu and choose the ‘Control Panel’ at right as on the image below.
Then go to ‘Add/Remove Programs’ or ‘Uninstall a program’ (MS Windows 7 or Vista) as on the image below.
Carefully browse through the list of installed applications and delete all dubious and unknown programs. We recommend to press ‘Installed programs’ and even sorts all installed apps by date. Once you have found anything questionable that may be the PUP and other kinds of potential threats like malware and PUPs or other PUP (potentially unwanted program), then select this program and click ‘Uninstall’ in the upper part of the window. If the suspicious program blocked from removal, then run Revo Uninstaller Freeware to completely get rid of it from your machine.
How to remove PUP.Optional.FFInjectExt with Zemana
Zemana can locate all kinds of malware, including adware software and spyware, as well as a variety of Trojans, viruses and rootkits. After the detection of PUP.Optional.FFInjectExt, you can easily and quickly remove it.
- Download Zemana Free from the link below.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your browser will show the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- Once the downloading process is finished, please close all apps and open windows on your personal computer. Next, start a file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will run the “Setup wizard” of Zemana AntiMalware onto your PC. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) will run and show the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button to scan for PUP.Optional.FFInjectExt and other kinds of potential threats. Depending on your system, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. While the tool is checking, you may see how many objects and files has already scanned.
- Once the scan get completed, Zemana Anti-Malware will show you the results.
- Once you’ve selected what you want to delete from your PC click the “Next” button. The tool will remove PUP.Optional.FFInjectExt and move threats to the program’s quarantine. When the task is complete, you may be prompted to reboot the PC.
- Close the Zemana Free and continue with the next step.
Remove PUP.Optional.FFInjectExt from web browsers with Hitman Pro
All-in-all, Hitman Pro is a fantastic tool to free your computer from any unwanted apps. The HitmanPro is portable program that meaning, you do not need to install it to use it. Hitman Pro is compatible with all versions of MS Windows operating system from MS Windows XP to Windows 10. Both 64-bit and 32-bit systems are supported.
Installing the Hitman Pro is simple. First you will need to download HitmanPro from the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
After downloading is finished, open the folder in which you saved it and double-click the Hitman Pro icon. It will run the HitmanPro tool. If the User Account Control prompt will ask you want to start the program, click Yes button to continue.
Next, click “Next” to start checking your PC system for the PUP.Optional.FFInjectExt related files, folders and registry keys. While the utility is checking, you may see how many objects and files has already scanned.
After Hitman Pro completes the scan, HitmanPro will open you the results as displayed on the screen below.
You may remove threats (move to Quarantine) by simply click “Next” button. It will open a prompt, press the “Activate free license” button. The HitmanPro will start to remove PUP.Optional.FFInjectExt and other kinds of potential threats . When the procedure is done, the utility may ask you to restart your system.
How to automatically delete PUP.Optional.FFInjectExt with MalwareBytes Free
If you are having issues with the PUP.Optional.FFInjectExt removal or just wish to check your computer occasionally for malware, then download MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM). It is free for home use, and detects and removes various undesired applications that attacks your machine or degrades machine performance. MalwareBytes Free can remove adware software, potentially unwanted software as well as malicious software, including ransomware and trojans.
- Visit the following page to download MalwareBytes Anti Malware. Save it on your MS Windows desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: July 25, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web browser will open the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- After the downloading process is finished, please close all applications and open windows on your personal computer. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will open the “Setup wizard” of MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) onto your PC. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes Free will open and display the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan with this utility for the PUP.Optional.FFInjectExt and other unwanted software. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient. During the scan MalwareBytes will detect threats exist on your personal computer.
- When finished, MalwareBytes will display a screen that contains a list of PUPs that has been detected.
- Review the report and then click the “Quarantine Selected” button. After finished, you may be prompted to restart the computer.
- Close the Anti Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Remove PUP.Optional.FFInjectExt from Mozilla Firefox
If the Firefox browser settings are changed by the PUP.Optional.FFInjectExt and you want to recover the settings back to their original state, then you should follow the steps below. However, your saved passwords and bookmarks will not be changed, deleted or cleared.
Click the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and click the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu as shown on the screen below.
A small menu will appear, click the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, click “Refresh Firefox” button as shown on the screen below.
Follow the onscreen procedure to restore your Mozilla Firefox internet browser settings to their original settings.
Delete PUP.Optional.FFInjectExt PUP from Internet Explorer
The IE reset is great if your web browser is infected by PUP.Optional.FFInjectExt or you’ve unwanted add-ons or toolbars on your browser, which installed by a malware.
First, start the IE, then press ‘gear’ icon . It will display the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the internet browser, then press the “Internet Options” like below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then press the “Reset” button. The IE will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” prompt. Further, press the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, click the “Reset” button as displayed in the following example.
After the task is finished, press “Close” button. Close the Microsoft Internet Explorer and reboot your machine for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your web-browser’s home page, newtab and search engine to default state.
Delete PUP.Optional.FFInjectExt PUP from Chrome
Use the Reset web-browser utility of the Chrome to reset all its settings like search provider by default, new tab and startpage to original defaults. This is a very useful tool to use, if your machine is affected by PUP.Optional.FFInjectExt .
First run the Google Chrome. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal dots ().
It will show the Chrome menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions. Carefully browse through the list of installed add-ons. If the list has the plugin signed with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following tutorial: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
Open the Google Chrome menu once again. Further, click the option named “Settings”.
The internet browser will display the settings screen. Another method to display the Google Chrome’s settings – type chrome://settings in the internet browser adress bar and press Enter
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the “Advanced” link. Now scroll down until the “Reset” section is visible, as displayed on the image below and click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
The Google Chrome will display the confirmation dialog box like below.
You need to confirm your action, click the “Reset” button. The web browser will launch the task of cleaning. When it’s done, the web browser’s settings including newtab page, homepage and search engine by default back to the values which have been when the Chrome was first installed on your PC.
Run AdBlocker to stay safe online
Enabling an ad blocking program such as AdGuard is an effective way to alleviate the risks. Additionally, adblocker software will also protect you from undesired ads and sites, and, of course, stop redirection chain to harmful and similar pages.
Download AdGuard on your computer by clicking on the link below.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
When the download is done, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as displayed below.
Follow the prompts. After the install is finished, you will see a window as displayed in the figure below.
You can click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial which will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will run automatically and stop unwanted advertisements, block harmful or misleading pages. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your desktop.
To sum up
Once you have finished the few simple steps outlined above, your system should be clean from PUP.Optional.FFInjectExt and other malicious software. Your antivirus software will no longer detect any security threats. Unfortunately, if the few simple steps does not help you, then you have caught a new malware, and then the best way – ask for help here.