What is Soundrec.exe trojan? Security specialists has determined that Soundrec.exe trojan is a CPU Miner Trojan that created in order to use your PC system’s resources to generate cryptocurrency. It will make your computer run very slow. On current date, the Soundrec.exe trojan continues to increase the number of personal computers which have been infected.
Once started, Soundrec.exe trojan will change PC system settings and files, create new folders, download and install other malware onto infected machine, use your computer for harmful actions, send information about you to a remote hacker.
While the Soundrec.exe trojan is active, you won’t be able to revert back your computer settings. But this does not mean that you should just ignore it or get along with this fact. Because this is not the best option, due to Soundrec.exe trojan you can have problems with your system and internet browsers and even confidential information theft.
|SUMMARY OF INFORMATION|
|Name||Soundrec.exe, Soundrec.exe *32|
|Sub-type||CPU Miner Trojan|
|Symptoms||Soundrec.exe process in the Task Manager; any programs run very slow|
|Removal||Use the removal guidance below|
In order to remove Soundrec.exe trojan from your personal computer and revert back computer settings to its default state, please use the removal guidance below.
How to remove Soundrec.exe trojan from PC system
The Soundrec.exe trojan is a malware that you might have difficulty in uninstalling it from your computer. Thankfully, you have found the effective removal guidance in this blog post. Both the manual removal solution and the automatic removal solution will be provided below. If you have any questions or need help then type a comment below. Read this manual carefully, bookmark or print it, because you may need to exit your browser or restart your PC system.
To remove Soundrec.exe trojan, perform the following steps:
- Uninstall Soundrec.exe trojan related applications through the Control Panel of your computer
- How to automatically remove Soundrec.exe trojan with Zemana AntiMalware
- Run Hitman Pro to delete Soundrec.exe trojan from the computer
- Use MalwareBytes to delete Soundrec.exe trojan
- Get rid of Soundrec.exe trojan from Mozilla Firefox
- Get rid of Soundrec.exe trojan from Internet Explorer
- Remove Soundrec.exe trojan from Google Chrome
- How to stay safe online
- To sum up
Uninstall Soundrec.exe trojan related applications through the Control Panel of your computer
In order to remove Soundrec.exe trojan, first thing you need to do is to remove unknown and dubious programs from your system using Windows control panel. When uninstalling this virus, check the list of installed applications and try to find dubious applications and uninstall them all. Pay special attention to recently installed programs, as it is most probably that the Soundrec.exe trojan сame along with it.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then click Windows button, next click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then press “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will show the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, press “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will display a list of all applications installed on the PC system.
- Scroll through the all list, and delete questionable and unknown software. To quickly find the latest installed applications, we recommend sort programs by date.
See more details in the video guide below.
How to automatically remove Soundrec.exe trojan with Zemana AntiMalware
Zemana Free is a free program for MS Windows OS to find and delete potentially unwanted software, adware software, malicious web browser addons, browser toolbars, and other unwanted apps such as the Soundrec.exe trojan, installed on your computer.
Visit the following page to download the latest version of Zemana AntiMalware for MS Windows. Save it on your Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
After downloading is complete, close all windows on your system. Further, open the setup file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. If the “User Account Control” prompt pops up as displayed in the following example, click the “Yes” button.
It will display the “Setup wizard” which will allow you install Zemana Free on the computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once installation is done successfully, Zemana Free will automatically run and you may see its main window as displayed on the screen below.
Next, click the “Scan” button . Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) program will scan through the whole PC system for the Soundrec.exe trojan related files, folders and registry keys. During the scan Zemana Free will look for threats present on your system.
When the scan get finished, Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) will display a list of all items found by the scan. In order to delete all items, simply click “Next” button.
The Zemana Free will remove Soundrec.exe trojan and other security threats and add items to the Quarantine. After the clean-up is finished, you may be prompted to restart your personal computer.
Run Hitman Pro to delete Soundrec.exe trojan from the computer
HitmanPro is a free removal utility that can be downloaded and run to remove hijackers, adware software, malware, PUPs, toolbars and other threats from your PC system. You can run this utility to detect threats even if you have an antivirus or any other security program.
- Click the following link to download the latest version of Hitman Pro for Microsoft Windows. Save it on your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- Once the downloading process is done, launch the Hitman Pro, double-click the HitmanPro.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, press Yes to continue.
- In the Hitman Pro window, click the “Next” . Hitman Pro program will scan through the whole personal computer for the Soundrec.exe trojan and other malware and potentially unwanted applications. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your computer and the speed of your system. While the HitmanPro utility is scanning, you can see number of objects it has identified as being infected by malicious software.
- After Hitman Pro completes the scan, you will be shown the list of all detected threats on your computer. Make sure all threats have ‘checkmark’ and click “Next”. Now, press the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to remove all malicious software found.
Use MalwareBytes to delete Soundrec.exe trojan
Get rid of Soundrec.exe trojan manually is difficult and often the virus is not fully removed. Therefore, we recommend you to run the MalwareBytes which are fully clean your PC system. Moreover, the free program will allow you to remove malware, PUPs, toolbars and adware software that your computer can be infected too.
- Please go to the following link to download the latest version of MalwareBytes Anti Malware for Microsoft Windows. Save it directly to your Windows Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- After the downloading process is finished, close all programs and windows on your PC system. Open a file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- Further, press Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once install is done, press the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan for the Soundrec.exe trojan and other security threats. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your computer. While the MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) program is checking, you can see how many objects it has identified as threat.
- After MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) has finished scanning your machine, you will be opened the list of all detected items on your machine. Review the scan results and then click “Quarantine Selected”. Once that process is finished, you can be prompted to restart your personal computer.
The following video offers a steps on how to delete hijacker infections, adware software and other malware with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Get rid of Soundrec.exe trojan from Mozilla Firefox
Resetting Firefox browser will reset all the settings to their original state and will remove changes created by Soundrec.exe trojan and disable harmful extensions. It’ll keep your personal information such as browsing history, bookmarks, passwords and web form auto-fill data.
First, start the Mozilla Firefox and press button. It will open the drop-down menu on the right-part of the internet browser. Further, click the Help button () as shown on the screen below.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the internet browser adress bar and press Enter. It will show the “Troubleshooting Information” page like below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, click the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will display the confirmation prompt. Further, press the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Mozilla Firefox will begin a process to fix your problems that caused by the Soundrec.exe trojan. When, it is done, press the “Finish” button.
Get rid of Soundrec.exe trojan from Internet Explorer
By resetting IE browser you restore your web browser settings to its default state. This is basic when troubleshooting problems that might have been caused by the Soundrec.exe trojan.
First, open the Internet Explorer, click ) button. Next, click “Internet Options” as on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, click Reset button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will display the Reset Internet Explorer settings dialog box. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button.
You will now need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect. It will disable malicious and ad-supported web browser’s extensions and restore the Internet Explorer’s settings such as search engine by default, new tab page and home page to default state.
Remove Soundrec.exe trojan from Google Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings to remove changes to web-browser settings created by Soundrec.exe trojan. If you are still experiencing issues with malicious software, you need to reset Google Chrome browser to its default state. This step needs to be performed only if virus has not been removed by the previous steps.
Open the Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal dotes (). It will show the drop-down menu. Select More Tools, then press Extensions.
Carefully browse through the list of installed add-ons. If the list has the add-on labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following instructions: Remove Google Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy otherwise, just go to the step below.
Open the Google Chrome main menu again, click to “Settings” option.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Advanced” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, as shown below and click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
Confirm your action, click the “Reset” button.
How to stay safe online
One of the worst things is the fact that you cannot block all those annoying and malicious websites using only built-in Windows capabilities. However, there is a application out that you can use to stop intrusive web browser redirections, ads and pop-ups in any modern web browsers including Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer and MS Edge. It’s named Adguard and it works very well.
Download AdGuard on your Microsoft Windows Desktop from the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After downloading it, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as displayed in the figure below.
Follow the prompts. When the setup is done, you will see a window like below.
You can click “Skip” to close the installation application and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial that will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you launch your PC, AdGuard will run automatically and stop undesired ads, block harmful or misleading web sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that can be found on your desktop.
To sum up
Now your computer should be clean of the Soundrec.exe trojan. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted pop up ads and annoying harmful web sites) and Zemana (to periodically scan your PC system for new malicious software, browser hijackers and adware). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for Microsoft Windows OS. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new hijacker infections, harmful applications and adware are released.
If you are still having problems while trying to get rid of Soundrec.exe trojan from your personal computer, then ask for help here.