You may have arrived at this article because you are seeing an unknown web-site named “Driver-fixer.com” and your internet browser began to display unwanted advertisements. All of these problems with your personal computer caused by adware (sometimes called ‘ad-supported’ software).
What does adware do? Adware’s basic purpose is to show ads. These ads are often presented as sponsored links, pop ups or push notfications. Ad-supported software can work like Spyware, since it sends user data such as searches and trends to advertisers.
It is not a good idea to have an undesired program such as the ad supported software that responsible for unwanted Driver-fixer.com popups. The reason for this is simple, it doing things you do not know about. And of course you completely do not know what will happen when you click on any Driver-fixer.com popup advertisements.
Even worse, the ad-supported software may monetize its functionality by gathering personal information from your surfing sessions. This user information, afterwards, can be easily sold to third party companies. This puts your privacy data at a security risk.
Therefore it is very important to follow the few simple steps below ASAP. The step-by-step instructions will allow you to remove ad-supported software as well as clean your computer from the Driver-fixer.com pop up ads. What is more, the steps below will help you delete other harmful programs like undesired toolbars and browser hijackers, which can be installed onto computer along with the ad supported software.
Remove Driver-fixer.com popups (Removal guide)
In the guidance below, we will try to cover the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Microsoft Edge and Firefox and provide general help to delete Driver-fixer.com advertisements. You may find some minor differences in your Microsoft Windows install. No matter, you should be okay if you follow the steps outlined below: delete all suspicious and unknown programs, reset web-browsers settings, fix internet browsers shortcuts, remove malicious scheduled tasks, use free malicious software removal tools. Some of the steps will require you to restart your computer or close this web-page. So, read this instructions carefully, then bookmark or print it for later reference.
To remove Driver-fixer.com pop-ups, execute the steps below:
- How to get rid of Driver-fixer.com pop ups without any software
- Use free malware removal tools to completely remove Driver fixer pop-ups
- How to stop Driver-fixer.com pop-ups
- Prevent adware from installing
- Finish words
How to get rid of Driver-fixer.com pop ups without any software
If you perform exactly the instructions below you should be able to remove the Driver-fixer.com pop-ups from the Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and MS Edge web-browsers.
Uninstall adware programs by using Microsoft Windows Control Panel
First, go to Microsoft Windows Control Panel and delete suspicious apps, all programs you do not remember installing. It’s important to pay the most attention to apps you installed just before Driver-fixer.com popups appeared on your web browser. If you don’t know what a program does, look for the answer on the Internet.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Click the Microsoft Windows logo, and then click Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter as displayed in the figure below.
When the ‘Control Panel’ opens, click the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as shown below.
Windows 7, Vista, XP
Open Start menu and select the ‘Control Panel’ at right as displayed below.
Then go to ‘Add/Remove Programs’ or ‘Uninstall a program’ (Microsoft Windows 7 or Vista) as shown in the figure below.
Carefully browse through the list of installed applications and delete all dubious and unknown apps. We recommend to click ‘Installed programs’ and even sorts all installed programs by date. After you have found anything dubious that may be the adware that causes multiple unwanted ads or other PUP (potentially unwanted program), then choose this application and press ‘Uninstall’ in the upper part of the window. If the questionable program blocked from removal, then run Revo Uninstaller Freeware to completely remove it from your computer.
Remove Driver-fixer.com popup advertisements from Firefox
The Mozilla Firefox reset will get rid of redirects to unwanted Driver-fixer.com page, modified preferences, extensions and security settings. However, your saved passwords and bookmarks will not be changed, deleted or cleared.
First, run the Mozilla Firefox and press button. It will show the drop-down menu on the right-part of the internet browser. Further, click the Help button () like below.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the internet browser adress bar and press Enter. It will display the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown on the image below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, click the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will open the confirmation prompt. Further, click the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Mozilla Firefox will begin a task to fix your problems that caused by the Driver-fixer.com ad supported software. After, it is complete, click the “Finish” button.
Remove Driver-fixer.com popups from Internet Explorer
By resetting Internet Explorer browser you return your web browser settings to its default state. This is good initial when troubleshooting problems that might have been caused by ad-supported software that redirects your web browser to the intrusive Driver-fixer.com webpage.
First, start the Internet Explorer, click ) button. Next, click “Internet Options” as shown on the screen below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, click Reset button. The Internet Explorer will display the Reset Internet Explorer settings dialog box. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button.
You will now need to restart your system for the changes to take effect. It will get rid of ad supported software that causes unwanted Driver-fixer.com pop up advertisements, disable malicious and ad-supported web-browser’s extensions and restore the IE’s settings like newtab, start page and search provider to default state.
Remove Driver-fixer.com pop ups from Google Chrome
If you have ad supported software problem or the Chrome is running slow, then reset Chrome settings can help you. In the steps below we’ll show you a solution to reset your Google Chrome settings to default values without reinstall. This will also allow to remove Driver-fixer.com redirect from your web browser.
Open the Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal dotes (). It will display the drop-down menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
Carefully browse through the list of installed add-ons. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following tutorial: Remove Google Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy otherwise, just go to the step below.
Open the Chrome main menu again, press to “Settings” option.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Advanced” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, as shown in the figure below and click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
Confirm your action, press the “Reset” button.
Use free malware removal tools to completely remove Driver fixer pop-ups
The ad supported software may hide its components which are difficult for you to find out and delete completely. This may lead to the fact that after some time, the adware that cause undesired Driver-fixer.com advertisements to appear again infect your system. Moreover, We want to note that it’s not always safe to get rid of ad-supported software manually, if you do not have much experience in setting up and configuring the Windows operating system. The best way to search for and remove ad-supported software is to use free malicious software removal programs.
Use Zemana Free to remove Driver-fixer.com popups
Download Zemana to remove Driver-fixer.com redirect automatically from all of your internet browsers. This is a freeware tool specially designed for malicious software removal. This tool can delete adware, browser hijacker from Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Edge and Chrome and Windows registry automatically.
Installing the Zemana AntiMalware is simple. First you will need to download Zemana Anti Malware on your computer by clicking on the following link.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
After the download is finished, close all windows on your personal computer. Further, run the install file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. If the “User Account Control” prompt pops up as shown on the screen below, press the “Yes” button.
It will display the “Setup wizard” which will assist you install Zemana on the PC system. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once installation is finished successfully, Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) will automatically start and you can see its main window like below.
Next, click the “Scan” button to begin scanning your computer for the adware responsible for redirecting your web browser to the Driver-fixer.com web-site. A system scan may take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your personal computer. While the tool is scanning, you can see number of objects and files has already scanned.
When the scan get finished, you can check all threats found on your PC. All found items will be marked. You can delete them all by simply press “Next” button.
The Zemana AntiMalware will get rid of adware that created to reroute your internet browser to various ad web-sites like the Driver-fixer.com and move items to the program’s quarantine. After that process is finished, you can be prompted to restart your computer.
Delete Driver-fixer.com ads and harmful extensions with Hitman Pro
Hitman Pro cleans your system from browser hijackers, potentially unwanted software, unwanted toolbars, web browser extensions and other unwanted apps such as adware responsible for redirects to the Driver-fixer.com. The free removal tool will help you enjoy your PC to its fullest. Hitman Pro uses advanced behavioral detection technologies to search for if there are unwanted software in your computer. You can review the scan results, and select the items you want to delete.
- Download Hitman Pro on your Windows Desktop from the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- After downloading is done, double click the Hitman Pro icon. Once this tool is started, press “Next” button . Hitman Pro application will scan through the whole PC system for the ad supported software that causes a lot of annoying Driver-fixer.com pop up ads. Depending on your computer, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. While the Hitman Pro program is checking, you can see number of objects it has identified as threat.
- After HitmanPro completes the scan, you’ll be displayed the list of all detected threats on your computer. In order to get rid of all threats, simply click “Next” button. Now press the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to get rid of all malicious software found.
Use MalwareBytes Free to delete Driver-fixer.com popup advertisements
Manual Driver-fixer.com redirect removal requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the adware can be not fully removed. We suggest that use the MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) that are completely clean your computer of adware. Moreover, the free application will help you to remove malicious software, potentially unwanted applications, browser hijackers and toolbars that your PC system can be infected too.
- MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop or in any other place.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web browser will open the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- Once the download is complete, please close all programs and open windows on your PC. Double-click on the icon that’s called mb3-setup.
- This will start the “Setup wizard” of MalwareBytes AntiMalware onto your computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) will run and display the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan with this utility for the adware related to Driver-fixer.com pop-up advertisements. A system scan may take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your system. While the MalwareBytes tool is checking, you can see how many objects it has identified as being affected by malicious software.
- Once MalwareBytes Free has finished scanning, the results are displayed in the scan report.
- When you’re ready, click the “Quarantine Selected” button. After that process is finished, you may be prompted to restart the personal computer.
- Close the Anti Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
How to stop Driver-fixer.com pop-ups
We suggest to install an ad-blocker program that may stop Driver-fixer.com and other intrusive webpages. The adblocker tool like AdGuard is a program which basically removes advertising from the Web and blocks access to malicious sites. Moreover, security experts says that using ad blocker applications is necessary to stay safe when surfing the Internet.
- Installing the AdGuard is simple. First you will need to download AdGuard by clicking on the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- Once the download is done, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- After the installation is done, press “Skip” to close the install program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your system, AdGuard will launch automatically and stop undesired advertisements, block Driver-fixer.com, as well as other malicious or misleading webpages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, which can be found on your desktop.
Prevent adware from installing
The majority of adware come along with freeware or even paid applications which Net users can easily download online. The installers of such applications, in many cases, clearly indicate that they will install third-party applications. The option is given to users to block the installation of any bundled programs. So, in order to avoid the installation of any ad-supported software: read all disclaimers and install screens very carefully, select only Custom or Advanced installation option and reject all bundled apps in which you are unsure.
After completing the step-by-step instructions above, your computer should be clean from this ad supported software and other malware. The Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Firefox and Microsoft Edge will no longer display unwanted Driver-fixer.com webpage when you browse the Internet. Unfortunately, if the step-by-step guidance does not help you, then you have caught a new adware, and then the best way – ask for help.
Please create a new question by using the “Ask Question” button in the Questions and Answers. Try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately. Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the annoying Driver-fixer.com ads.