If you encounter numerous redirects to the News-io.com, other unreliable or suspicious webpages on the Firefox, Edge, IE and Chrome then most likely that you are a victim of adware (also known as ‘ad-supported’ software).
Ad-supported software can cause a lot of intrusive advertisements on your internet browser, redirect your searches to advertising web pages and gather a wide variety of personal info about you. Ad supported software often installs on the system with the free software. You probably want to know how to remove this adware as well as remove News-io.com popup ads. In the guide below we will tell you about how to solve your problems.
The worst is, the adware can collect a wide variety of privacy information such as what webpages you are opening, what you are looking for the World Wide Web and so on. This privacy info, subsequently, may be sold to third parties.
The adware can alter the settings of the Microsoft Internet Explorer, Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Edge, but often that a harmful software such as this can also affect all types of web browsers by modifying their desktop shortcuts. Thus forcing the user each time start the web browser to see the intrusive News-io.com website.
It is important, do not use News-io.com website and don’t click on the “Allow” button placed on its. The best option is to use the few simple steps posted below to clean your PC system of ad supported software and thereby remove News-io.com pop-ups.
Remove News-io.com popups, ads, notifications (Virus removal steps)
The ad-supported software is a form of malware that you might have difficulty in uninstalling it from your computer. Happily, you have found the effective News-io.com pop-up ads removal guidance in this article. Both the manual removal solution and the automatic removal solution will be provided below and you can just select the one that best for you. If you’ve any questions or need assist then type a comment below. Read this manual carefully, bookmark or print it, because you may need to exit your internet browser or restart your system.
To remove News-io.com pop-ups, execute the following steps:
- Remove News-io.com pop up ads without any utilities
- News-io.com pop-ups automatic removal
- How to block News-io.com
- How to adware get installed onto personal computer
- To sum up
Remove News-io.com pop up ads without any utilities
Most common adware may be deleted without any antivirus applications. The manual ad supported software removal is step-by-step guidance that will teach you how to get rid of the News-io.com pop up ads.
Remove potentially unwanted software through the Windows Control Panel
It’s of primary importance to first identify and remove all PUPs, ad-supported software programs and browser hijackers through ‘Add/Remove Programs’ (Windows XP) or ‘Uninstall a program’ (Windows 10, 8, 7) section of your Windows Control Panel.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then click Windows button, next click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then click “Start” button and press “Control Panel”.
- It will display the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will display a list of all programs installed on the personal computer.
- Scroll through the all list, and remove questionable and unknown apps. To quickly find the latest installed programs, we recommend sort programs by date.
See more details in the video instructions below.
Remove News-io.com popup ads from Google Chrome
The adware can alter your Google Chrome settings without your knowledge. You may see an unrequested webpage as your search engine or start page, additional extensions and toolbars. Reset Chrome web-browser will help you to remove News-io.com advertisements and reset the unwanted changes caused by ad-supported software. However, your themes, bookmarks, history, passwords, and web form auto-fill information will not be deleted.
First open the Google Chrome. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal dots ().
It will open the Google Chrome menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions. Carefully browse through the list of installed add-ons. If the list has the extension signed with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following tutorial: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
Open the Chrome menu once again. Further, click the option named “Settings”.
The web browser will open the settings screen. Another solution to show the Chrome’s settings – type chrome://settings in the browser adress bar and press Enter
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the “Advanced” link. Now scroll down until the “Reset” section is visible, as on the image below and click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
The Google Chrome will open the confirmation dialog box as displayed on the screen below.
You need to confirm your action, click the “Reset” button. The browser will run the task of cleaning. After it’s complete, the web-browser’s settings including search engine by default, newtab page and start page back to the values which have been when the Google Chrome was first installed on your system.
Delete News-io.com redirect from Internet Explorer
By resetting Microsoft Internet Explorer web browser you restore your browser settings to its default state. This is first when troubleshooting problems that might have been caused by adware that causes tons of intrusive News-io.com pop up ads.
First, launch the Internet Explorer, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will display the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the web browser, then press the “Internet Options” as shown in the figure below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then press the “Reset” button. The Internet Explorer will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” prompt. Further, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, click the “Reset” button as shown on the screen below.
Once the process is complete, press “Close” button. Close the Microsoft Internet Explorer and reboot your computer for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your web browser’s newtab page, homepage and search provider by default to default state.
Get rid of News-io.com pop-up advertisements from Mozilla Firefox
Resetting your Mozilla Firefox is first troubleshooting step for any issues with your web browser application, including the redirect to News-io.com web-page. However, your saved bookmarks and passwords will not be lost. This will not affect your history, passwords, bookmarks, and other saved data.
Click the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and click the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu as on the image below.
A small menu will appear, click the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, press “Refresh Firefox” button as displayed in the figure below.
Follow the onscreen procedure to return your Firefox internet browser settings to their default values.
News-io.com pop-ups automatic removal
It’s not enough to remove News-io.com pop ups from your internet browser by following the manual steps above to solve all problems. Some the adware related files may remain on your computer and they will restore the adware even after you delete it. For that reason we suggest to use free antimalware utility such as Zemana Anti Malware, MalwareBytes Free and HitmanPro. Either of those applications should be able to detect and remove ad-supported software that redirects your internet browser to the intrusive News-io.com web site.
How to automatically delete News-io.com popups with Zemana
You can download and use the Zemana Anti Malware for free. This antimalware utility will scan all the registry keys and files in your system along with the system settings and browser extensions. If it finds any malicious software, adware or harmful addon that is created to redirect your internet browser to the News-io.com pop ups then the Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) will get rid of them from your personal computer completely.
- Visit the following page to download the latest version of Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) for Microsoft Windows. Save it directly to your Microsoft Windows Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your browser will display the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- After the download is complete, please close all applications and open windows on your machine. Next, launch a file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will run the “Setup wizard” of Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) onto your computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana Free will open and show the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan” button to start checking your PC system for the ad-supported software which causes intrusive News-io.com popup advertisements. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your PC. When a malware, ad supported software or PUPs are found, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the scanning is complete.
- After the checking is finished, Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) will produce a list of unwanted programs adware.
- In order to remove all items, simply press the “Next” button. The utility will remove ad-supported software responsible for redirecting your web browser to the News-io.com web page and add threats to the Quarantine. Once disinfection is done, you may be prompted to restart the personal computer.
- Close the Zemana and continue with the next step.
Delete News-io.com ads and harmful extensions with HitmanPro
All-in-all, HitmanPro is a fantastic utility to free your personal computer from any undesired applications like adware responsible for redirections to the News-io.com. The Hitman Pro is portable program that meaning, you do not need to install it to use it. Hitman Pro is compatible with all versions of Microsoft Windows operating system from MS Windows XP to Windows 10. Both 64-bit and 32-bit systems are supported.
Download Hitman Pro on your computer by clicking on the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
Download and run Hitman Pro on your computer. Once started, press “Next” button . HitmanPro program will scan through the whole system for the ad-supported software that responsible for the appearance of News-io.com pop-ups. While the utility is scanning, you can see count of objects and files has already scanned..
Once the scanning is finished, the results are displayed in the scan report.
Make sure all items have ‘checkmark’ and click Next button.
It will display a dialog box, click the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to get rid of all malware found.
How to automatically get rid of News-io.com with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
If you are still having issues with the News-io.com pop ups — or just wish to scan your PC system occasionally for ad-supported software and other malicious software — download MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM). It’s free for home use, and detects and removes various undesired programs that attacks your PC or degrades computer performance. MalwareBytes Anti Malware can get rid of ad-supported software, PUPs as well as malware, including ransomware and trojans.
- Click the link below to download MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM). Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Category: Security tools
Update: July 25, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web browser will display the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- Once downloading is done, please close all applications and open windows on your personal computer. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will open the “Setup wizard” of MalwareBytes Free onto your machine. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes Free will open and show the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button to begin checking your computer for the adware related to News-io.com popup ads. This process may take some time, so please be patient. While the MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) is checking, you can see how many objects it has identified either as being malware.
- As the scanning ends, MalwareBytes will display a screen which contains a list of malware that has been found.
- Review the report and then press the “Quarantine Selected” button. After the process is done, you may be prompted to reboot the system.
- Close the Anti Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
How to block News-io.com
If you want to remove undesired advertisements, browser redirects and pop ups, then install an ad blocker application such as AdGuard. It can block News-io.com, advertisements, pop-ups and stop sites from tracking your online activities when using the Edge, Mozilla Firefox, IE and Google Chrome. So, if you like browse the Web, but you don’t like undesired advertisements and want to protect your computer from harmful web pages, then the AdGuard is your best choice.
- Please go to the following link to download AdGuard. Save it on your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After downloading it, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the install is complete, click “Skip” to close the install program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and stop undesired advertisements, block News-io.com, as well as other harmful or misleading web-pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, that can be found on your desktop.
How to adware get installed onto personal computer
The adware most likely to occur during the setup of free programs due the fact that PUPs like this are mostly hidden in the installer. Thus, if you have installed some free software using Quick(Standard) method, you may have let the News-io.com advertisements get inside the web-browser. Keep in mind that the Quick mode is unreliable because it do not warn about bundled software. Thus, additional software will be installed automatically unless you choose Advanced/Custom method and disable its installation.
To sum up
Now your computer should be clean of the ad-supported software related to News-io.com popups. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you stop unwanted pop-up advertisements and intrusive malicious webpages) and Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) (to periodically scan your machine for new ad-supported softwares and other malicious software). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
If you are still having problems while trying to delete News-io.com pop-up advertisements from the Microsoft Edge, Firefox, Chrome and Microsoft Internet Explorer, then ask for help here here.