What is PowerGamesNetwork? IT security professionals have determined that the PowerGamesNetwork is a PUP from the adware (sometimes called ‘ad-supported’ software) group.
Many computer users consider PUPs, adware, browser hijackers, spyware, trojans as the same thing. They are all types of unwanted software that each behave differently. The word ‘adware’ is a combination of two words ‘ad’ and ‘software’. Adware presents advertisements on an infected system. Not very dangerous for computer users, but very profitable for the the software producers.
Of course, the ad supported software may not cause damages to your files or Windows system, but it may show a lot of undesired advertisements. These advertisements will be injected within the content of webpages that are you opening in your browser and can be varied: pop-up ads, in-text ads, different sized banners, offers to install an questionable software. The advertisements will appear on all web pages, including pages where previously you have never seen any sponsored links.
The worst is, the ad supported software can analyze your browsing, and gain access to your user data and, afterwards, can share it with third-parties. Thus, there are more than enough reasons to delete the PowerGamesNetwork adware from your PC system.
Instructions that is shown below, will help you to clean your computer from the adware as well as remove PowerGamesNetwork advertisements from the Microsoft Edge, Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer and other web browsers.
Remove PowerGamesNetwork ads (removal guidance)
The answer is right here on this web-page. We have put together simplicity and efficiency. It will help you easily to free your PC system of PowerGamesNetwork which redirects your web browser to undesired ad web pages. Moreover, you can select manual or automatic removal way. If you are familiar with the computer then use manual removal, otherwise use the free antimalware utility developed specifically to delete ad supported software. Of course, you may combine both methods. Read it once, after doing so, please print this page as you may need to close your internet browser or reboot your PC system.
To remove PowerGamesNetwork ads, use the following steps:
- Removing the PowerGamesNetwork, check the list of installed programs first
- Remove PowerGamesNetwork ads from Chrome
- Remove PowerGamesNetwork adware from Internet Explorer
- Get rid of PowerGamesNetwork from Mozilla Firefox by resetting browser settings
- Scan your personal computer and delete PowerGamesNetwork adware with free tools
- Use AdBlocker to stay safe online
How to manually get rid of PowerGamesNetwork
The following instructions is a step-by-step guide, which will help you manually remove PowerGamesNetwork ads from the Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer. If you do not want to delete ad supported software in the manually due to the fact that you are an unskilled computer user, then you can use free removal utilities listed below.
Removing the PowerGamesNetwork, check the list of installed programs first
Some of PUPs, adware and browser hijackers can be deleted using the Add/Remove programs tool which is located in the Windows Control Panel. So, if you’re running any version of MS Windows and you have noticed an unwanted program, then first try to get rid of it through Add/Remove programs.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
Windows XP, Vista, 7
Next, click “Uninstall a program”
It will open a list of all applications installed on your personal computer. Scroll through the all list, and delete any dubious and unknown apps. To quickly find the latest installed apps, we recommend sort programs by date in the Control panel.
Remove PowerGamesNetwork ads from Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings can help you solve some problems caused by adware and remove PowerGamesNetwork ads from internet browser. This will also disable malicious extensions as well as clear cookies and site data. However, your saved passwords and bookmarks will not be changed, deleted or cleared.
Open the Google Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal dotes (). It will show the drop-down menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
Carefully browse through the list of installed addons. If the list has the plugin labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guide: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy otherwise, just go to the step below.
Open the Chrome main menu again, click to “Settings” option.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Advanced” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, as on the image below and press the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
Confirm your action, press the “Reset” button.
Remove PowerGamesNetwork adware from Internet Explorer
The IE reset is great if your internet browser is hijacked or you have unwanted add-ons or toolbars on your web browser, that installed by an malware.
First, run the Internet Explorer. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will display the Tools drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options” as shown on the screen below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as displayed on the screen below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button.
You will now need to restart your personal computer for the changes to take effect.
Get rid of PowerGamesNetwork from Mozilla Firefox by resetting browser settings
If the Firefox browser application is hijacked, then resetting its settings can help. The Reset feature is available on all modern version of Mozilla Firefox. A reset can fix many issues by restoring Firefox settings such as new tab, search provider and home page to their original state. When using the reset feature, your personal information such as passwords, bookmarks, browsing history and web form auto-fill data will be saved.
First, open the Mozilla Firefox. Next, press the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will show the drop-down menu. Next, press the Help button ().
In the Help menu press the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button as displayed on the screen below.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
Scan your personal computer and delete PowerGamesNetwork adware with free tools
Manual removal guide does not always help to completely remove the ad supported software, as it is not easy to identify and remove components of adware and all malicious files from hard disk. Therefore, it is recommended that you run malware removal tool to completely get rid of PowerGamesNetwork off your web browser. Several free malicious software removal utilities are currently available that can be used against the ad-supported software. The optimum method would be to run Zemana, MalwareBytes and Hitman Pro.
Run Zemana to remove PowerGamesNetwork ad supported software
Does Zemana Anti Malware delete PowerGamesNetwork adware that causes browsers to open intrusive popup ads? The adware is often downloaded with malware which can cause you to install an program such as spyware you don’t want. Therefore, recommend using the Zemana. It is a utility designed to scan and remove adware and other malicious software from your computer for free.
Zemana Free can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your Windows desktop or in any other place.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
When the download is finished, close all windows on your PC. Further, launch the install file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. If the “User Account Control” prompt pops up like below, click the “Yes” button.
It will open the “Setup wizard” that will allow you install Zemana on the system. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once installation is finished successfully, Zemana will automatically launch and you can see its main window as on the image below.
Next, click the “Scan” button . Zemana Free program will scan through the whole personal computer for the PowerGamesNetwork that causes undesired pop up ads. This process may take quite a while, so please be patient. When a malicious software, adware or potentially unwanted applications are detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the scanning is complete.
After that process is done, Zemana AntiMalware will display a list of all items detected by the scan. Next, you need to click “Next” button.
The Zemana will remove PowerGamesNetwork adware that developed to redirect your web-browser to various ad sites and move threats to the program’s quarantine. After disinfection is finished, you can be prompted to restart your machine.
Use MalwareBytes AntiMalware to remove PowerGamesNetwork adware
If you’re having issues with PowerGamesNetwork ads removal, then check out MalwareBytes Anti-Malware. This is a utility that can help clean up your computer and improve your speeds for free. Find out more below.
- Visit the page linked below to download MalwareBytes. Save it on your Windows desktop or in any other place.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your internet browser will display the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- Once downloading is finished, please close all apps and open windows on your computer. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will launch the “Setup wizard” of MalwareBytes Free onto your PC. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) will start and show the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan for the PowerGamesNetwork that redirects your internet browser to annoying ad web pages. Depending on your system, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. When a malicious software, ad-supported software or PUPs are detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly.
- Once MalwareBytes Free has completed scanning, MalwareBytes Free will show a list of detected threats.
- Review the results once the tool has done the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply click the “Quarantine Selected” button. Once disinfection is finished, you may be prompted to restart the machine.
- Close the AntiMalware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Use AdBlocker to stay safe online
One of the worst things is the fact that you cannot stop all those unwanted web-pages using only built-in MS Windows capabilities. However, there is a program out that you can use to block annoying web browser redirects, advertisements and pop ups in any modern web-browsers including Google Chrome, MS Edge, Firefox and Internet Explorer. It’s called Adguard and it works very well.
- Installing the AdGuard is simple. First you’ll need to download AdGuard on your Microsoft Windows Desktop from the link below.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- Once the download is done, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- After the installation is finished, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you start your system, AdGuard will launch automatically and stop pop-up ads, block harmful or misleading web-sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon called AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
Tips to prevent PowerGamesNetwork and other unwanted programs
Many apps developed to display lots of intrusive ads within your machine’s browser. So, when you installing freeware, carefully read the disclaimers, select the Custom or Advanced installation option to watch for bundled software that are being installed, because some of the programs are PUPs like the PowerGamesNetwork.
Now your personal computer should be clean of the PowerGamesNetwork ad-supported software that causes multiple unwanted ads and popups. We suggest that you keep Zemana AntiMalware (to periodically scan your computer for new adwares and other malware) and AdGuard (to help you stop intrusive popups and harmful websites). Moreover, to prevent any ad-supported software, please stay clear of unknown and third party apps, make sure that your antivirus application, turn on the option to find out PUPs.
If you need more help with PowerGamesNetwork related issues, go to here.