Are you facing a problem with the Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome internet browsers that constantly redirects to a questionable web site named MyOfficeTab? Then, there are chances that are your computer is infected by PUP (potentially unwanted program) from the category of hijackers. It is created for the purpose of modifying certain web-browser settings (such as default search provider, newtab and start page) without the user’s consent or knowledge. If you want to change browser home page or search provider back to default, you will not succeed, because the MyOfficeTab browser hijacker is very stubborn. But with the help of the following guidance, you surely can remove MyOfficeTab completely from your web-browsers.
When the MyOfficeTab browser hijacker is installed on a browser, it might:
- set MyOfficeTab as default search engine, new tab, and startpage;
- prevent users from replacing search provider or home page address;
- redirect your queries to sponsored webpages;
- provide altered search results;
- record your search queries;
- occasionally redirects to questionable sites;
- show unwanted advertisements;
- gather Internet browsing habits and sell it to third parties.
It is not a good idea to have an undesired program like MyOfficeTab hijacker on your system. The reason for this is simple, it doing things you do not know about. The browser hijacker infection has the ability to collect marketing-type data about you which can be later transferred to third parties. You don’t know if your home address, account names and passwords are safe. And of course you completely do not know what will happen when you click on any advertisements on the MyOfficeTab web-page.
We strongly suggest you to complete the steps which follow below. We’ll show you how to delete browser hijacker infection and thus remove MyOfficeTab start page from your Firefox, Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer and MS Edge forever.
How to remove MyOfficeTab (Removal guide)
The MyOfficeTab is a browser hijacker that you might have difficulty in removing it from your PC system. Luckily, you’ve found the effective removal tutorial in this blog post. Both the manual removal method and the automatic removal solution will be provided below and you can just select the one that best for you. If you’ve any questions or need assist then type a comment below. Read it once, after doing so, please print this page as you may need to close your browser or restart your computer.
To remove MyOfficeTab, complete the steps below:
- Delete suspicious apps using MS Windows Control Panel
- Remove MyOfficeTab from Google Chrome
- Remove MyOfficeTab homepage from IE
- Get rid of MyOfficeTab from Mozilla Firefox
- Use free tools to fully remove MyOfficeTab
- How to stop MyOfficeTab redirect
How to remove MyOfficeTab manually
Most common browser hijackers may be removed without any antivirus apps. The manual hijacker removal is step-by-step guidance that will teach you how to get rid of MyOfficeTab . If you do not want to get rid of MyOfficeTab in the manually due to the fact that you are an unskilled computer user, then you can run free removal utilities listed below.
Delete suspicious apps using MS Windows Control Panel
Check out the Microsoft Windows Control Panel (Programs and Features section) to see all installed apps. We suggest to click on the “Date Installed” in order to sort the list of programs by the date you installed them. If you see any unknown and dubious applications, they are the ones you need to delete.
Make sure you have closed all browsers and other programs.
Next, uninstall any unrequested and suspicious programs from your Control panel.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Now, click the Windows button, type “Control panel” in search and press Enter. Select “Programs and Features”, then “Uninstall a program”.
Look around the entire list of software installed on your computer. Most probably, one of them is the browser hijacker that cause a redirect to MyOfficeTab web-page. Choose the dubious program or the application that name is not familiar to you and remove it.
Windows Vista, 7
From the “Start” menu in MS Windows, select “Control Panel”. Under the “Programs” icon, choose “Uninstall a program”.
Choose the dubious or any unknown apps, then click “Uninstall/Change” button to remove this unwanted program from your PC.
Click the “Start” button, select “Control Panel” option. Click on “Add/Remove Programs”.
Choose an unwanted application, then press “Change/Remove” button. Follow the prompts.
Remove MyOfficeTab from Google Chrome
Use the Reset internet browser tool of the Google Chrome to reset all its settings such as new tab, default search engine and homepage to original defaults. This is a very useful tool to use, in the case of web browser hijacks such as MyOfficeTab.
Open the Google Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal dotes (). It will show the drop-down menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
Carefully browse through the list of installed extensions. If the list has the add-on labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following instructions: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy otherwise, just go to the step below.
Open the Google Chrome main menu again, click to “Settings” option.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Advanced” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, as shown in the following example and click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
Confirm your action, press the “Reset” button.
Remove MyOfficeTab homepage from IE
If you find that IE browser settings such as search engine, newtab page and homepage had been hijacked, then you may restore your settings, via the reset internet browser procedure.
First, launch the Internet Explorer. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will show the Tools drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options” like below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then press the Reset button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window like below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then press “Reset” button.
You will now need to reboot your computer for the changes to take effect.
Get rid of MyOfficeTab from Mozilla Firefox
If your Firefox web browser home page has modified to MyOfficeTab without your permission or an unknown search engine displays results for your search, then it may be time to perform the web-browser reset. It will save your personal information like saved passwords, bookmarks, auto-fill data and open tabs.
First, start the Firefox and click button. It will show the drop-down menu on the right-part of the browser. Further, click the Help button () as displayed on the screen below.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the internet browser adress bar and press Enter. It will show the “Troubleshooting Information” page like below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, click the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will show the confirmation prompt. Further, click the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Firefox will begin a process to fix your problems that caused by the MyOfficeTab browser hijacker. After, it’s finished, click the “Finish” button.
Use free tools to fully remove MyOfficeTab
The manual steps above is tedious to follow and can not always help to get rid of MyOfficeTab hijacker easily. Here I am telling you an automatic way to get rid of this browser hijacker from your machine easily. Zemana, MalwareBytes and Hitman Pro are antimalware tools that can look for and remove all kinds of malware including browser hijacker that designed to reroute your web browser to the MyOfficeTab web-page.
How to automatically get rid of MyOfficeTab with Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM)
We advise using the Zemana Free. You can download and install Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) to search for and remove MyOfficeTab redirect from your personal computer. When installed and updated, the malware remover will automatically scan and detect all threats present on the personal computer.
- Download Zemana Anti-Malware by clicking on the link below. Save it to your Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web-browser will show the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- Once downloading is done, please close all programs and open windows on your system. Next, launch a file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will run the “Setup wizard” of Zemana Free onto your system. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana will open and show the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button to find out MyOfficeTab hijacker infection and other browser’s malicious extensions. This procedure can take quite a while, so please be patient. While the Zemana Free program is checking, you can see how many objects it has identified as threat.
- When that process is finished, Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) will show a list of all threats detected by the scan.
- In order to get rid of all threats, simply click the “Next” button. The tool will remove hijacker infection which cause MyOfficeTab web page to appear and move threats to the program’s quarantine. When disinfection is finished, you may be prompted to restart the computer.
- Close the Zemana AntiMalware and continue with the next step.
How to stop MyOfficeTab redirect
We advise to install an adblocker program that may block MyOfficeTab and other intrusive web sites. The ad-blocking utility like AdGuard is a program that basically removes advertising from the Net and blocks access to malicious sites. Moreover, security experts says that using ad-blocker apps is necessary to stay safe when surfing the Net.
- Click the link below to download the latest version of AdGuard for Microsoft Windows. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- When the downloading process is complete, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- When the installation is finished, click “Skip” to close the setup program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you launch your personal computer, AdGuard will start automatically and block ads, MyOfficeTab redirect, as well as other harmful or misleading web sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, that is located on your desktop.
Where the MyOfficeTab browser hijacker comes from
The hijacker is usually is bundled within free applications and install themselves, with or without your knowledge, on your PC. This happens especially when you’re installing a free programs. The application installation package tricks you into accepting the install of third party programs, which you don’t really want. Moreover, some paid apps may also install third-party apps which you do not want! Therefore, always download free programs and paid applications from reputable download web sites. Use ONLY custom or manual install type and never blindly press Next button.
To sum up
Now your personal computer should be free of the hijacker related to MyOfficeTab redirect. We suggest that you keep Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) (to periodically scan your machine for new browser hijackers and other malicious software) and AdGuard (to help you stop intrusive popups and harmful web sites). Moreover, to prevent any browser hijacker infection, please stay clear of unknown and third party programs, make sure that your antivirus program, turn on the option to find out PUPs.
If you need more help with MyOfficeTab related issues, go to here.