What is ZU-Coupon? The ZU-Coupon is an adware (also known as ‘ad-supported’ software) that display users lots of unwanted ads from various merchants. Adware is a type of potentially unwanted programs whose motive is to earn money for its developer. It have different ways of earning by showing the advertisements forcibly to its victims. Adware can generate pop-ups, display unsolicited ads, change the victim’s internet browser settings, or redirect the victim’s web-browser to unknown web pages.
The ZU-Coupon that causes multiple annoying advertisements and pop ups, is not a virus, but the virus behaves similarly. It alters web-browser settings and blocks them from changing. Also the adware can install additional internet browser plugins and modules that will inject ads within the Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer’s screen.
That is, it’s obvious that ad supported software can steal your personal info such as: your ip address, what is a website you are viewing now, what you are looking for on the Net, which links you are clicking, and much, much more.
Even worse, the adware may monetize its functionality by gathering user info from your surfing sessions. This user info, later, can be easily used for marketing purposes. This puts your user data at a security risk.
So, obviously, you need to remove the ZU-Coupon adware as soon as possible. Use the free guide below. This guide will allow you clean your personal computer of adware and thereby remove ZU-Coupon advertisements.
How to remove ZU-Coupon adware
In the step-by-step instructions below we will have a look at the adware and how to get rid of ZU-Coupon from Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge and Firefox browsers for Windows OS, natively or by using a few free removal tools. Certain of the steps will require you to restart your personal computer or exit this page. So, read this tutorial carefully, then bookmark or print it for later reference.
To remove ZU-Coupon, execute the following steps:
- How to manually delete ZU-Coupon
- Delete ZU-Coupon adware with free applications
- Run AdBlocker to stay safe online
- How was ZU-Coupon installed on computer
- To sum up
How to manually delete ZU-Coupon
The useful removal instructions for the ZU-Coupon . The detailed procedure can be followed by anyone as it really does take you step-by-step. If you follow this process to get rid of ZU-Coupon ad supported software let us know how you managed by sending us your comments please.
Remove ad supported software through the MS Windows Control Panel
The best way to begin the system cleanup is to delete unknown and dubious programs. Using the MS Windows Control Panel you can do this quickly and easily. This step, in spite of its simplicity, should not be ignored, because the removing of unneeded apps can clean up the IE, Chrome, Microsoft Edge and Mozilla Firefox from pop ups, hijackers and so on.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Click the Microsoft Windows logo, and then click Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter as displayed below.
After the ‘Control Panel’ opens, click the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as shown on the image below.
Windows 7, Vista, XP
Open Start menu and choose the ‘Control Panel’ at right as on the image below.
Then go to ‘Add/Remove Programs’ or ‘Uninstall a program’ (Windows 7 or Vista) like below.
Carefully browse through the list of installed programs and get rid of all dubious and unknown programs. We recommend to press ‘Installed programs’ and even sorts all installed apps by date. When you have found anything dubious that may be the ZU-Coupon ad-supported software which cause intrusive popup advertisements to appear or other PUP (potentially unwanted program), then select this program and press ‘Uninstall’ in the upper part of the window. If the suspicious application blocked from removal, then run Revo Uninstaller Freeware to completely remove it from your system.
Remove ZU-Coupon adware from Google Chrome
Run the Reset web-browser tool of the Google Chrome to reset all its settings such as newtab page, search engine by default and home page to original defaults. This is a very useful utility to use, in the case of browser redirects to unwanted ad sites like ZU-Coupon.
- First start the Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will open the Google Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed plugins. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following steps: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Google Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and press “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset” button.
- The Chrome will display the reset profile settings page as shown on the image above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this task is finished, your web-browser’s newtab, search provider and start page will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove ZU-Coupon ad-supported software from IE
The Microsoft Internet Explorer reset is great if your internet browser is hijacked or you have unwanted addo-ons or toolbars on your internet browser, which installed by an malware.
First, start the Internet Explorer, then press ‘gear’ icon . It will open the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the web browser, then click the “Internet Options” as shown in the following example.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then click the “Reset” button. The Internet Explorer will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box. Further, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, click the “Reset” button as displayed in the following example.
After the procedure is done, click “Close” button. Close the IE and reboot your computer for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your browser’s home page, new tab page and default search provider to default state.
Remove ZU-Coupon from Firefox
This step will help you get rid of ZU-Coupon ad-supported software, third-party toolbars, disable harmful plugins and return your default start page, new tab page and search provider settings.
Click the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and press the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu as on the image below.
A small menu will appear, press the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, click “Refresh Firefox” button as displayed in the following example.
Follow the onscreen procedure to restore your Mozilla Firefox web-browser settings to their default state.
Delete ZU-Coupon adware with free applications
If your system is still infected with ZU-Coupon adware that causes tons of annoying pop up advertisements, then the best method of detection and removal is to run an anti malware scan on the machine. Download free malicious software removal tools below and launch a full system scan. It will allow you remove all components of the adware from hardisk and Windows registry.
Use Zemana to delete ZU-Coupon
Zemana Anti-Malware is an amazing utility to delete ZU-Coupon adware from the Microsoft Edge, Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer. It also removes malicious software and adware from your PC system. It improves your system’s performance by removing PUPs.
- Installing the Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) is simple. First you’ll need to download Zemana Free on your Microsoft Windows Desktop from the link below.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your internet browser will display the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When the downloading process is finished, please close all software and open windows on your machine. Next, start a file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will launch the “Setup wizard” of Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) onto your system. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) will run and open the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button . Zemana Free tool will begin scanning the whole PC system to find out ZU-Coupon adware which reroutes your web browser to annoying ad web pages. Depending on your system, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour.
- After the scan get finished, Zemana Free will display a screen which contains a list of malware that has been detected.
- Review the results once the tool has complete the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply press the “Next” button. The utility will delete ZU-Coupon that causes unwanted popup advertisements and move threats to the program’s quarantine. After the cleaning process is done, you may be prompted to reboot the PC system.
- Close the Zemana Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Remove ZU-Coupon and harmful extensions with Hitman Pro
HitmanPro is a portable program which requires no hard install to identify and delete ZU-Coupon adware that causes multiple intrusive advertisements and pop-ups. The application itself is small in size (only a few Mb). HitmanPro does not need any drivers and special dlls. It’s probably easier to use than any alternative malware removal tools you’ve ever tried. HitmanPro works on 64 and 32-bit versions of Windows 10, 8, 7 and XP. It proves that removal utility can be just as effective as the widely known antivirus programs.
Please go to the following link to download the latest version of HitmanPro for Windows. Save it directly to your Windows Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
Download and run Hitman Pro on your personal computer. Once started, click “Next” button to perform a system scan for the ZU-Coupon which cause unwanted advertisements to appear. Depending on your system, the scan may take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. While the tool is checking, you can see how many objects and files has already scanned..
After that process is done, HitmanPro will display a scan report.
Once you’ve selected what you want to get rid of from your PC click Next button.
It will display a prompt, click the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to get rid of all malicious software found.
Run MalwareBytes to remove ZU-Coupon ad supported software
Manual ZU-Coupon removal requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the adware may be not fully removed. We recommend that use the MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) that are completely free your PC of ad-supported software. Moreover, the free program will help you to remove malicious software, potentially unwanted software, hijackers and toolbars that your machine may be infected too.
- Download MalwareBytes on your personal computer by clicking on the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web browser will display the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- Once downloading is complete, please close all programs and open windows on your PC system. Double-click on the icon that’s called mb3-setup.
- This will open the “Setup wizard” of MalwareBytes onto your machine. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) will launch and display the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan for the ZU-Coupon adware that designed to reroute your web browser to various ad web-sites. Depending on your personal computer, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. When a threat is detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the scanning is done.
- When MalwareBytes AntiMalware has completed scanning your personal computer, MalwareBytes will display a list of all threats detected by the scan.
- Once you have selected what you want to delete from your PC click the “Quarantine Selected” button. After finished, you may be prompted to reboot the personal computer.
- Close the AntiMalware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Run AdBlocker to stay safe online
By installing an ad blocker program such as AdGuard, you are able to stop autoplaying video ads and get rid of a lot of distracting and unwanted ads on web pages.
Visit the page linked below to download the latest version of AdGuard for MS Windows. Save it on your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After downloading it, double-click the downloaded file to launch it. The “Setup Wizard” window will show up on the computer screen as shown in the figure below.
Follow the prompts. AdGuard will then be installed and an icon will be placed on your desktop. A window will show up asking you to confirm that you want to see a quick guidance as shown below.
Press “Skip” button to close the window and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick guide that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
Each time, when you start your PC, AdGuard will run automatically and stop pop up advertisements, as well as other malicious or misleading sites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that is located on your desktop.
How was ZU-Coupon installed on computer
Many software developed to show lots of unwanted advertisements within your system’s web browser. So, when you installing free programs, carefully read the disclaimers, choose the Custom or Advanced installation mode to watch for third-party apps that are being installed, because certain of the programs are PUPs such as this ZU-Coupon ad-supported software.
To sum up
Now your machine should be free of the ZU-Coupon adware. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted ads and undesired malicious websites) and Zemana Anti Malware (to periodically scan your PC for new malicious software, hijackers and ad supported software). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for MS Windows OS. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new hijackers, harmful applications and ad-supported software are released.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove ZU-Coupon ad supported software from your web-browser, then ask for help here.