Have you become that your internet browser is being re-directed to the web-page named Meteorname.pro, instead of the one you want to see? It means that the unwanted software from the ‘ad-supported’ software (also known as adware) category get installed on your machine.
Ad-supported software is made for the purpose of displaying lots of ads without the user’s consent or permission. If you want to remove Meteorname.pro ads, you will not succeed, because the ad supported software is very stubborn. But with the help of the following guidance, you surely can delete Meteorname.pro pop-up ads completely from your web-browsers.
It’s likely that you might be bothered with the ad supported software responsible for Meteorname.pro pop ups. You should not disregard this unwanted software. The adware might not only display annoying ads, but redirect your browser to misleading web sites.
Adware can install a component which enables its creator to track which webpages you visit, which products you look at upon those pages. They are then able to select the type of advertisements they display you. So, if you had ad supported software on your system, there is a good chance you have another that is gathering and sharing your privacy information with third parties, without your consent.
The adware can alter the settings of the MS Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer, but often that a harmful software such as this can also infect all types of web browsers by changing their desktop shortcut files. Thus forcing the user each time run the internet browser to see the intrusive Meteorname.pro web-site.
So, obviously, you need to remove the adware as soon as possible. Use the free tutorial below. This guide will help you clean your computer of adware and thus delete the Meteorname.pro undesired pop-ups.
Remove Meteorname.pro pop-up ads (removal guide)
The adware is a form of malicious software that you might have difficulty in removing it from your machine. Luckily, you’ve found the effective Meteorname.pro pop-ups removal tutorial in this article. Both the manual removal solution and the automatic removal way will be provided below and you can just choose the one that best for you. If you’ve any questions or need assist then type a comment below. Read it once, after doing so, please print this page as you may need to close your internet browser or reboot your personal computer.
To remove Meteorname.pro, follow the steps below:
- Manual Meteorname.pro popup advertisements removal
- How to automatically delete Meteorname.pro redirect
- Use AdBlocker to block Meteorname.pro and stay safe online
- Don’t know how your internet browser has been hijacked by Meteorname.pro redirect?
- Finish words
Manual Meteorname.pro popup advertisements removal
Most common ad-supported software may be removed without any antivirus programs. The manual ad supported software removal is few simple steps that will teach you how to remove the Meteorname.pro popup ads.
Delete adware through the MS Windows Control Panel
In order to delete PUPs such as this ad-supported software, open the MS Windows Control Panel and click on “Uninstall a program”. Check the list of installed software. For the ones you do not know, run an Internet search to see if they are adware, hijacker infection or potentially unwanted programs. If yes, remove them off. Even if they are just a apps that you do not use, then uninstalling them off will increase your system start up time and speed dramatically.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Click the Microsoft Windows logo, and then click Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter as displayed on the screen below.
After the ‘Control Panel’ opens, press the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as displayed in the figure below.
Windows 7, Vista, XP
Open Start menu and choose the ‘Control Panel’ at right as shown below.
Then go to ‘Add/Remove Programs’ or ‘Uninstall a program’ (Microsoft Windows 7 or Vista) like below.
Carefully browse through the list of installed software and remove all questionable and unknown apps. We recommend to press ‘Installed programs’ and even sorts all installed applications by date. Once you have found anything questionable that may be the ad supported software that causes web browsers to display unwanted Meteorname.pro advertisements or other potentially unwanted application (PUA), then choose this program and press ‘Uninstall’ in the upper part of the window. If the suspicious application blocked from removal, then use Revo Uninstaller Freeware to fully remove it from your personal computer.
Remove Meteorname.pro pop up advertisements from Internet Explorer
In order to recover all web-browser newtab, search provider by default and startpage you need to reset the Internet Explorer to the state, which was when the MS Windows was installed on your computer.
First, start the Internet Explorer, click ) button. Next, click “Internet Options” like below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, click Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the Reset Internet Explorer settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and press Reset button.
You will now need to restart your PC for the changes to take effect. It will remove ad supported software responsible for redirecting your browser to Meteorname.pro website, disable malicious and ad-supported internet browser’s extensions and restore the Internet Explorer’s settings like new tab page, startpage and search provider by default to default state.
Get rid of Meteorname.pro from Mozilla Firefox by resetting web-browser settings
Resetting Mozilla Firefox web-browser will reset all the settings to their default values and will remove Meteorname.pro ads, malicious add-ons and extensions. When using the reset feature, your personal information such as passwords, bookmarks, browsing history and web form auto-fill data will be saved.
Start the Mozilla Firefox and click the menu button (it looks like three stacked lines) at the top right of the internet browser screen. Next, click the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will show the slide-out menu.
Select the “Troubleshooting information”. If you’re unable to access the Help menu, then type “about:support” in your address bar and press Enter. It bring up the “Troubleshooting Information” page as displayed on the screen below.
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the Troubleshooting Information page. Select “Refresh Firefox” in the confirmation dialog box. The Mozilla Firefox will begin a task to fix your problems that caused by the Meteorname.pro adware. After, it’s finished, click the “Finish” button.
Remove Meteorname.pro pop up ads from Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings is a easy way to delete Meteorname.pro pop-up ads, malicious and ‘ad-supported’ extensions, web browser’s homepage, search engine by default and new tab which have been modified by adware.
Open the Google Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal dotes (). It will display the drop-down menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
Carefully browse through the list of installed extensions. If the list has the plugin labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following steps: Remove Google Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy otherwise, just go to the step below.
Open the Google Chrome main menu again, click to “Settings” option.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Advanced” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, as on the image below and press the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
Confirm your action, click the “Reset” button.
How to automatically delete Meteorname.pro redirect
Many antivirus companies have created software that help detect adware and thereby get rid of Meteorname.pro from the Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Chrome and MS Edge internet browsers. Below is a a few of the free applications you may want to use. Your personal computer can have a huge number of potentially unwanted programs, adware and hijackers installed at the same time, so we advise, if any unwanted or harmful program returns after rebooting the computer, then boot your system into Safe Mode and run the anti-malware tool once again.
How to get rid of Meteorname.pro popups with Zemana Free
Zemana Free is extremely fast and ultra light weight malware removal utility. It will help you remove Meteorname.pro popup ads, adware, PUPs and other malware. This application gives real-time protection which never slow down your computer. Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) is designed for experienced and beginner computer users. The interface of this utility is very easy to use, simple and minimalist.
- Click the link below to download the latest version of Zemana Anti Malware for Windows. Save it on your MS Windows desktop or in any other place.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web browser will show the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When the downloading process is complete, please close all software and open windows on your computer. Next, launch a file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will open the “Setup wizard” of Zemana onto your computer. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana AntiMalware will run and show the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button . Zemana Free tool will start scanning the whole PC system to find out ad supported software that causes internet browsers to display undesired Meteorname.pro popup ads. This process can take quite a while, so please be patient. While the Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) utility is checking, you can see how many objects it has identified as being infected by malicious software.
- Once Zemana Free has finished scanning your PC, Zemana Free will display you the results.
- Make sure all threats have ‘checkmark’ and press the “Next” button. The utility will start to get rid of adware related to Meteorname.pro popup advertisements. Once the task is done, you may be prompted to restart the computer.
- Close the Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) and continue with the next step.
Run HitmanPro to remove Meteorname.pro redirect from web browser
HitmanPro will help get rid of adware that causes multiple annoying pop ups that slow down your system. The hijackers, ad supported software and other PUPs slow your web browser down and try to force you into clicking on dubious advertisements and links. Hitman Pro removes the ad-supported software and lets you enjoy your system without Meteorname.pro pop ups.
Please go to the link below to download Hitman Pro. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
When the download is done, open the folder in which you saved it and double-click the HitmanPro icon. It will start the Hitman Pro utility. If the User Account Control prompt will ask you want to open the program, click Yes button to continue.
Next, press “Next” to find ad-supported software that causes multiple undesired pop up ads. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your machine. When a malicious software, adware or PUPs are detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly.
After the scan is finished, a list of all threats detected is prepared as displayed below.
Once you’ve selected what you want to remove from your PC click “Next” button. It will open a prompt, click the “Activate free license” button. The HitmanPro will remove adware that causes unwanted Meteorname.pro popups. Once that process is done, the utility may ask you to restart your machine.
Scan and free your computer of adware with MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM)
If you’re having problems with Meteorname.pro popups removal, then check out MalwareBytes. This is a tool that can help clean up your PC and improve your speeds for free. Find out more below.
- Visit the page linked below to download the latest version of MalwareBytes for Windows. Save it directly to your MS Windows Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: July 25, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web browser will open the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- After the downloading process is complete, please close all apps and open windows on your personal computer. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will run the “Setup wizard” of MalwareBytes Free onto your PC system. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes will open and display the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button to search for adware which redirects your web browser to undesired Meteorname.pro site. Depending on your machine, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. While the MalwareBytes tool is checking, you can see how many objects it has identified as being infected by malicious software.
- When the scanning is finished, MalwareBytes AntiMalware will display a scan report.
- All detected items will be marked. You can remove them all by simply click the “Quarantine Selected” button. Once the clean up is done, you may be prompted to restart the PC system.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Use AdBlocker to block Meteorname.pro and stay safe online
One of the worst things is the fact that you cannot block all those annoying web sites like Meteorname.pro using only built-in Microsoft Windows capabilities. However, there is a application out that you can use to block unwanted browser redirects, ads and popups in any modern web-browsers including Microsoft Internet Explorer, Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and MS Edge. It’s named Adguard and it works very well.
- Installing the AdGuard is simple. First you’ll need to download AdGuard on your PC system from the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After downloading is finished, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- After the setup is done, click “Skip” to close the setup program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you start your PC, AdGuard will run automatically and block ads, web-sites like Meteorname.pro, as well as other harmful or misleading web-pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon called AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
Don’t know how your internet browser has been hijacked by Meteorname.pro redirect?
Now your personal computer should be free of the ad supported software responsible for redirects to Meteorname.pro. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you stop unwanted pop ups and annoying malicious webpages) and Zemana AntiMalware (to periodically scan your computer for new adwares and other malicious software). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
If you are still having problems while trying to delete Meteorname.pro pop-ups from the Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge, then ask for help here here.