If you are seeing ClientConnect Ltd in the Google Chrome, MS Edge, Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox every time you open your web-browser, then that’s a clear sign that a browser hijacker was installed on your system. The browser hijacker also known as hijackware is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) that is created in order to make changes to web-browser settings.
ClientConnect Ltd is a software developer whose headquarters are located Holon, Israel. The company creates and distributes a variety of potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) including browser toolbars and web browser extensions. Most often the ClientConnect Ltd software get installed on PC in a bundle with free or even paid programs as an additional component. So, it’s time to remember what programs have you recently installed to your computer.
Once started, the ClientConnect Ltd PUP takes control of installed browsers and makes some unwanted changes to web-browser settings such as startpage and newtab with its own. In addition, the browser hijacker also changes the search provider selected in the browser. When you try to search on the affected web-browser, you will be presented with search results, consisting of ads and Google (or Yahoo, or Bing) search results for your query. Among these search results may occur links that lead to undesired and ad web-sites.
We recommend you to remove ClientConnect Ltd software and free your computer of unwanted browser extensions. Use the steps below that will assist you to completely delete ClientConnect Ltd PUPs, using only the built-in Windows features and a few of specialized free utilities.
How to remove ClientConnect Ltd software from browser
There are a few ways that can be used to remove ClientConnect Ltd software. But, not all PUPs can be completely uninstalled using only manual methods. In many cases you’re not able to uninstall any hijacker utilizing standard MS Windows options. In order to remove ClientConnect Ltd PUP you need complete a few manual steps and run reliable removal tools. Most security professionals states that Zemana, MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) or HitmanPro utilities are a right choice. These free programs are able to find out and remove PUPs from your PC system and restore your internet browser settings to defaults.
To remove ClientConnect Ltd software, perform the steps below:
- Manual ClientConnect Ltd software removal
- Remove ClientConnect Ltd software with free tools
- How to stay safe online
- Where the ClientConnect Ltd software comes from
- To sum up
Manual ClientConnect Ltd software removal
Most common browser hijackers may be deleted without any antivirus apps. The manual browser hijacker removal is steps that will teach you how to remove the ClientConnect Ltd software for good.
Remove PUPs through the MS Windows Control Panel
The best way to start the computer cleanup is to remove unknown and questionable programs. Using the MS Windows Control Panel you can do this quickly and easily. This step, in spite of its simplicity, should not be ignored, because the removing of unneeded software can clean up the Microsoft Internet Explorer, MS Edge, Firefox and Google Chrome from advertisements, hijackers and so on.
Make sure you have closed all web-browsers and other software. Next, uninstall any unknown and suspicious apps from your Control panel.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Now, press the Windows button, type “Control panel” in search and press Enter. Choose “Programs and Features”, then “Uninstall a program”.
Look around the entire list of software installed on your computer. Most likely, one of them is the ClientConnect Ltd PUP. Choose the dubious program or the application that name is not familiar to you and remove it.
Windows Vista, 7
From the “Start” menu in MS Windows, choose “Control Panel”. Under the “Programs” icon, choose “Uninstall a program”.
Choose the suspicious or any unknown apps, then press “Uninstall/Change” button to remove this undesired program from your computer.
Click the “Start” button, select “Control Panel” option. Click on “Add/Remove Programs”.
Choose an undesired program, then click “Change/Remove” button. Follow the prompts.
Remove ClientConnect Ltd software from Internet Explorer
If you find that Internet Explorer web-browser settings such as search provider by default, new tab page and start page having been hijacked, then you may return your settings, via the reset internet browser procedure.
First, start the Microsoft Internet Explorer. Next, press the button in the form of gear (). It will show the Tools drop-down menu, press the “Internet Options” as displayed in the figure below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then press the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as shown on the image below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button.
You will now need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
Delete ClientConnect Ltd extension from Chrome
Reset Chrome settings is a easy way to get rid of the hijacker, harmful and ‘ad-supported’ extensions, as well as to recover the internet browser’s newtab, home page and search provider that have been replaced by ClientConnect Ltd PUP.
- First launch the Google Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will display the Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then press Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed addons. If the list has the add-on labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guidance: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, press the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset” button.
- The Chrome will show the reset profile settings page as on the image above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this procedure is finished, your web-browser’s newtab, startpage and search provider by default will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Delete ClientConnect Ltd software from Firefox
Resetting your Firefox is first troubleshooting step for any issues with your browser application, including the reroute to ClientConnect Ltd webpage. When using the reset feature, your personal information such as passwords, bookmarks, browsing history and web form auto-fill data will be saved.
First, start the Firefox. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will display the drop-down menu. Next, click the Help button ().
In the Help menu click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button as on the image below.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
Remove ClientConnect Ltd software with free tools
Many antivirus companies have made software that allow detect and remove PUPs, unwanted browser toolbar and extentions, and thereby return all your typical internet browsers settings. Below is a a few of the free programs you may want to use. Your system can have a large number of potentially unwanted software, adware and hijackers installed at the same time, so we suggest, if any unwanted or harmful application returns after rebooting the personal computer, then run your personal computer into Safe Mode and run the anti-malware tool once again.
Remove ClientConnect Ltd software with Zemana Free
We recommend you to run the Zemana Free which are completely clean your system. Moreover, the tool will help you to get rid of PUPs, malicious software, toolbars and ad supported software that your computer can be infected too.
- Download Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) on your computer from the following link.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- Once the downloading process is finished, close all programs and windows on your system. Open a folder in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once install is finished, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan for unwanted ClientConnect Ltd software. This process can take some time, so please be patient. While the Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) tool is scanning, you can see how many objects it has identified as being infected by malicious software.
- As the scanning ends, a list of all items detected is created. Once you’ve selected what you want to get rid of from your computer press “Next”. When the clean-up is complete, you can be prompted to restart your personal computer.
Scan your PC and remove ClientConnect Ltd PUP with HitmanPro
All-in-all, HitmanPro is a fantastic utility to free your machine from any unwanted software like browser hijackers and adware. The Hitman Pro is portable program that meaning, you don’t need to install it to use it. Hitman Pro is compatible with all versions of Windows OS from Windows XP to Windows 10. Both 64-bit and 32-bit systems are supported.
- HitmanPro can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- Once the download is finished, double click the Hitman Pro icon. Once this utility is launched, click “Next” button to perform a system scan for the ClientConnect Ltd browser extensions. While the HitmanPro is checking, you can see how many objects it has identified either as being PUPs or browser hijackers.
- Once that process is done, you will be shown the list of all found items on your PC. You may remove items (move to Quarantine) by simply click “Next” button. Now click the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to remove all malware found.
Automatically delete ClientConnect Ltd software with Malwarebytes
Manual ClientConnect Ltd software removal requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the ClientConnect Ltd software may be not completely removed. We suggest that use the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your system of browser hijacker. Moreover, the free program will help you to remove malicious software, potentially unwanted apps, ‘ad supported’ software and toolbars that your computer may be infected too.
- Installing the MalwareBytes Free is simple. First you will need to download MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) on your personal computer by clicking on the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web-browser will display the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When the download is done, please close all programs and open windows on your PC system. Double-click on the icon that’s called mb3-setup.
- This will open the “Setup wizard” of MalwareBytes Anti Malware onto your computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes will launch and open the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button . MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) utility will start scanning the whole system to find out PUPs and other security threats. This task can take quite a while, so please be patient. While the tool is checking, you may see how many objects and files has already scanned.
- When the scan get completed, MalwareBytes will prepare a list of undesired and adware.
- Next, you need to click the “Quarantine Selected” button. After that process is done, you may be prompted to restart the computer.
- Close the AntiMalware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
How to stay safe online
In order to increase your security and protect your computer against new intrusive advertisements and malicious web-sites, you need to run adblocker program that stops an access to malicious advertisements and web pages. Moreover, the program can stop the show of intrusive advertising, that also leads to faster loading of web pages and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
Please go to the following link to download the latest version of AdGuard for Microsoft Windows. Save it on your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After downloading it, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as shown on the screen below.
Follow the prompts. Once the installation is complete, you will see a window like below.
You can click “Skip” to close the install program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial which will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you launch your computer, AdGuard will launch automatically and stop pop up ads, browser redirects, as well as other harmful or misleading web-pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your desktop.
Where the ClientConnect Ltd software comes from
Usually, ClientConnect Ltd software gets into your PC as part of a bundle with free applications, sharing files and other unsafe programs that you downloaded from the World Wide Web. The developers pays free programs creators for distributing ClientConnect Ltd software within their programs. So, bundled apps is often included as part of the setup file. In order to avoid the install of any PUPs such as ClientConnect Ltd software: select only Manual, Custom or Advanced installation method and uncheck all bundled applications in which you are unsure.
To sum up
Now your computer should be clean of the ClientConnect Ltd software and other unwanted web-browser plugins. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted pop ups and intrusive harmful web-sites) and Zemana Free (to periodically scan your PC system for new hijackers and other malicious software). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove ClientConnect Ltd software from the Edge, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome, then ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.