If you find that your settings of installed internet browsers have been changed to Secureserch.com without your permission then most probably that browser hijacker (sometimes named hijackware) was installed on your computer. Once started, it takes control of your computer including all your typical Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Google Chrome and changes its settings such as homepage, new tab page and default search engine, without your knowledge.
The browser hijacker infection may also set up the Secureserch.com web site as the Internet Explorer, FF, MS Edge and Google Chrome default search provider that cause search redirections via the web site. In this way, authors of the hijacker infection have an opportunity to display various advertisements together with the search results for your query. These unwanted advertisements will be summarized in the redirected web page. This can bring a large count of revenue for makers of the hijacker infection.
It is likely that you might be worried with the browser hijacker that changes browser settings to replace your home page, search engine by default and newtab page with Secureserch.com page. You should not disregard this unwanted software. The hijacker infection might not only change your startpage or search engine, but reroute your web browser to misleading web sites. What is more, the browser hijacker infection can analyze your browsing, and gain access to your privacy info and, afterwards, can use it for marketing purposes. Thus, there are more than enough reasons to get rid of Secureserch.com from your web browser.
To find out how to delete Secureserch.com , we recommend to read the step-by-step instructions added to this article below. The tutorial was developed by experienced security specialists who discovered a solution to remove the annoying Secureserch.com hijacker out of the system.
Remove Secureserch.com from Windows 10 (8, 7, XP)
There are a simple manual guide below that will assist you to remove Secureserch.com from your MS Windows PC. The most effective method to remove this hijacker infection is to follow the manual removal guide and then use Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM), MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) or Hitman Pro automatic tools (all are free). The manual way will assist to weaken this browser hijacker infection and these malware removal utilities will completely get rid of Secureserch.com and return the Firefox, Edge, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer settings to default.
To remove Secureserch.com, complete the following steps:
- Manual Secureserch.com redirect removal
- Scan your PC and delete Secureserch.com with free tools
- Block Secureserch.com and other unwanted web sites
- Where the Secureserch.com browser hijacker comes from
- To sum up
Manual Secureserch.com redirect removal
The steps will help you remove Secureserch.com homepage. These Secureserch.com removal steps work for the Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome and MS Edge, as well as every version of MS Windows operating system.
Remove potentially unwanted apps using Windows Control Panel
Some of potentially unwanted applications, adware and browser hijacker infection can be deleted using the Add/Remove programs tool which may be found in the Microsoft Windows Control Panel. So, if you’re running any version of MS Windows and you have noticed an unwanted program, then first try to delete it through Add/Remove programs.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Click the Microsoft Windows logo, and then click Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter like below.
When the ‘Control Panel’ opens, click the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as shown on the screen below.
Windows 7, Vista, XP
Open Start menu and choose the ‘Control Panel’ at right like below.
Then go to ‘Add/Remove Programs’ or ‘Uninstall a program’ (MS Windows 7 or Vista) like below.
Carefully browse through the list of installed programs and remove all questionable and unknown programs. We suggest to click ‘Installed programs’ and even sorts all installed applications by date. Once you’ve found anything dubious that may be the hijacker responsible for redirecting your browser to Secureserch.com web-site or other potentially unwanted application (PUA), then choose this program and click ‘Uninstall’ in the upper part of the window. If the dubious program blocked from removal, then use Revo Uninstaller Freeware to fully get rid of it from your PC system.
Remove Secureserch.com startpage from Chrome
Reset Chrome settings is a simple way to remove the browser hijacker, malicious and adware extensions, as well as to recover the browser’s newtab page, search engine by default and home page that have been modified by hijacker infection.
Open the Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal dotes (). It will open the drop-down menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
Carefully browse through the list of installed extensions. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guide: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy otherwise, just go to the step below.
Open the Chrome main menu again, click to “Settings” option.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Advanced” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, as on the image below and click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
Confirm your action, click the “Reset” button.
Get rid of Secureserch.com from FF by resetting web browser settings
Resetting your Firefox is good initial troubleshooting step for any issues with your web browser program, including the redirect to Secureserch.com site.
First, launch the Firefox and click button. It will open the drop-down menu on the right-part of the browser. Further, press the Help button () as on the image below.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the web browser adress bar and press Enter. It will display the “Troubleshooting Information” page like below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, click the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will show the confirmation dialog box. Further, click the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Firefox will begin a procedure to fix your problems that caused by the hijacker that cause Secureserch.com page to appear. When, it is finished, press the “Finish” button.
Remove Secureserch.com search from IE
If you find that Internet Explorer web-browser settings like search provider, new tab and homepage having been hijacked, then you may restore your settings, via the reset web browser process.
First, open the Microsoft Internet Explorer, then press ‘gear’ icon . It will open the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the web-browser, then click the “Internet Options” as shown in the figure below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then click the “Reset” button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box. Further, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, click the “Reset” button as shown on the screen below.
After the procedure is finished, click “Close” button. Close the Microsoft Internet Explorer and restart your system for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your web browser’s search engine, startpage and newtab page to default state.
Scan your PC and delete Secureserch.com with free tools
If you are not expert at computer technology, then we suggest to use free removal utilities listed below to remove Secureserch.com start page for good. The automatic way is highly recommended. It has less steps and easier to implement than the manual way. Moreover, it lower risk of system damage. So, the automatic Secureserch.com removal is a better option.
Scan and free your machine of Secureserch.com with Zemana Free
Zemana Anti-Malware is a free program for Microsoft Windows OS to find and delete PUPs, adware, harmful web-browser extensions, browser toolbars, and other unwanted programs like hijacker responsible for redirects to Secureserch.com, installed on your computer.
- Please go to the following link to download the latest version of Zemana Free for Windows. Save it on your MS Windows desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web-browser will display the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- Once downloading is finished, please close all applications and open windows on your PC. Next, start a file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will start the “Setup wizard” of Zemana onto your system. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana Anti-Malware will open and open the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this utility for the hijacker responsible for redirecting your web browser to Secureserch.com web-site. This process may take some time, so please be patient. When a malicious software, adware or potentially unwanted apps are found, the number of the security threats will change accordingly.
- After Zemana Anti-Malware has finished scanning your computer, Zemana will show a scan report.
- Make sure all items have ‘checkmark’ and click the “Next” button. The tool will get rid of hijacker that developed to redirect your web browser to the Secureserch.com web page. Once the task is done, you may be prompted to reboot the PC system.
- Close the Zemana and continue with the next step.
Scan your machine and remove Secureserch.com home page with HitmanPro
The HitmanPro utility is free and easy to use. It may scan and remove browser hijacker related to Secureserch.com , malware, potentially unwanted apps and ad supported software from system (Microsoft Windows 10, 8, 7, XP) and thereby revert back web browsers default settings (search engine, new tab page and home page). HitmanPro is powerful enough to search for and get rid of malicious registry entries and files that are hidden on the PC system.
Visit the following page to download the latest version of Hitman Pro for Microsoft Windows. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
When the downloading process is complete, open the file location. You will see an icon like below.
Double click the HitmanPro desktop icon. Once the tool is started, you will see a screen like below.
Further, press “Next” button . HitmanPro utility will start scanning the whole system to find out hijacker infection that cause Secureserch.com site to appear. Depending on your personal computer, the scan may take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. After finished, a list of all threats detected is produced as displayed on the screen below.
When you’re ready, press “Next” button. It will show a dialog box, click the “Activate free license” button.
Automatically remove Secureserch.com startpage with Malwarebytes
Remove Secureserch.com browser hijacker manually is difficult and often the browser hijacker is not completely removed. Therefore, we advise you to run the Malwarebytes Free which are completely clean your system. Moreover, the free program will allow you to remove malware, PUPs, toolbars and adware that your computer can be infected too.
- Click the link below to download the latest version of MalwareBytes AntiMalware for Windows. Save it directly to your Microsoft Windows Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- After the download is finished, close all software and windows on your computer. Open a file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is done, click the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan for the hijacker that cause Secureserch.com web-site to appear. Depending on your machine, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. While the MalwareBytes Free utility is scanning, you can see count of objects it has identified as being infected by malicious software.
- After the scan is finished, MalwareBytes Free will produce a list of undesired and ad-supported software. Once you’ve selected what you want to get rid of from your computer click “Quarantine Selected”. After finished, you may be prompted to restart your PC system.
The following video offers a few simple steps on how to get rid of hijacker infections, adware and other malware with MalwareBytes Free.
Block Secureserch.com and other unwanted web sites
By installing an ad-blocker program such as AdGuard, you’re able to stop Secureserch.com, autoplaying video ads and delete tons of distracting and undesired ads on web-pages.
- Download AdGuard by clicking on the link below. Save it to your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After the downloading process is finished, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- After the setup is finished, click “Skip” to close the install application and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your machine, AdGuard will run automatically and stop pop up ads, web pages like Secureserch.com, as well as other harmful or misleading web pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
Where the Secureserch.com browser hijacker comes from
Many browser hijackers like Secureserch.com are included in the free programs installer. In many cases, a user have a chance to disable all included “offers”, but some installers are designed to confuse the average users, in order to trick them into installing an ‘ad supported’ software or potentially unwanted apps. Anyway, easier to prevent the hijacker infection rather than clean up your computer after one. So, keep the web browser updated (turn on automatic updates), use a good antivirus applications, double check a free programs before you run it (do a google search, scan a downloaded file with VirusTotal), avoid harmful and unknown web pages.
To sum up
Now your PC should be clean of the browser hijacker that causes web browsers to open annoying Secureserch.com web-site. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted pop up ads and intrusive malicious web-pages) and Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) (to periodically scan your PC for new hijackers and other malicious software). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
If you are still having problems while trying to delete Secureserch.com startpage from the IE, Edge, Chrome and FF, then ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.