According to computer security experts, MyPlayCity Search is a program which falls under the category of browser hijackers. Once your web browser has become the victim of this hijacker, it takes over your web-browser such as Microsoft Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Internet Explorer. MyPlayCity Search browser hijacker makes changes to your browser’s settings, including search engine by default, new tab and home page, and installs undesired extensions deep inside your machine. This is the main reason why you need to delete it from your system and revert back your web-browser search provider and homepage back to the default.
When you are performing searches using the web browser that has been affected with MyPlayCity Search, the search results will be returned from Bing, Yahoo or Google Custom Search. The devs behind MyPlayCity Search hijacker are most likely doing this to make advertisement money from the ads shown in the search results.
Often, the system which has been infected by MyPlayCity Search browser hijacker infection, will be also infected by adware (also known as ‘ad-supported’ software) that opens a lot of various advertisements. It can be pop-ups, text links in the pages, banners where they never had. What is more, the ad-supported software can replace the legitimate ads with malicious advertisements that will offer to download and install malicious software and unwanted apps or visit the various dangerous and misleading pages.
We strongly recommend that you perform the step-by-step tutorial below which will assist you to remove MyPlayCity Search redirect using the standard features of Windows and some proven free applications.
Remove MyPlayCity Search from Windows 10 (8, 7, XP)
In the steps below, we will try to cover the Edge, IE, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome and provide general advice to remove MyPlayCity Search. You may find some minor differences in your Windows install. No matter, you should be okay if you follow the steps outlined below: uninstall all suspicious and unknown apps, reset web browsers settings, fix web-browsers shortcuts, use free malicious software removal utilities. Read it once, after doing so, please print this page as you may need to close your browser or reboot your PC system.
To remove MyPlayCity Search, perform the steps below:
- How to delete MyPlayCity Search redirect without any software
- MyPlayCity Search startpage automatic removal
- Use AdBlocker to block MyPlayCity Search and stay safe online
- Prevent MyPlayCity Search browser hijacker from installing
- Finish words
How to delete MyPlayCity Search redirect without any software
Most common browser hijackers may be uninstalled without any antivirus programs. The manual hijacker removal is few simple steps that will teach you how to remove the MyPlayCity Search .
Remove potentially unwanted apps through the Microsoft Windows Control Panel
Check out the MS Windows Control Panel (Programs and Features section) to see all installed apps. We recommend to click on the “Date Installed” in order to sort the list of programs by the date you installed them. If you see any unknown and suspicious programs, they are the ones you need to uninstall.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
First, press Windows button , then click Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter as displayed on the screen below.
After the ‘Control Panel’ opens, click the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as shown on the image below.
You will see the ‘Uninstall a program’ panel as shown on the screen below.
Very carefully look around the entire list of software installed on your machine. Most likely, one of them is the browser hijacker that made to redirect your web browser to the MyPlayCity Search web site. If you have many software installed, you can help simplify the search of harmful software by sort the list by date of installation. Once you’ve found a dubious, unwanted or unused application, right click to it, after that click ‘Uninstall’.
Windows XP, Vista, 7
First, press ‘Start’ button and select ‘Control Panel’ at right panel as on the image below.
After the Windows ‘Control Panel’ opens, you need to click ‘Uninstall a program’ under ‘Programs’ as displayed on the screen below.
You will see a list of apps installed on your personal computer. We recommend to sort the list by date of installation to quickly find the software that were installed last. Most likely, it is the hijacker infection that responsible for browser redirect to the intrusive MyPlayCity Search web-site. If you’re in doubt, you can always check the program by doing a search for her name in Google, Yahoo or Bing. After the program which you need to remove is found, simply click on its name, and then press ‘Uninstall’ as shown on the image below.
Get rid of MyPlayCity Search from IE
First, launch the Microsoft Internet Explorer, then press ‘gear’ icon . It will open the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the internet browser, then click the “Internet Options” as displayed below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then click the “Reset” button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” prompt. Further, press the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, click the “Reset” button as displayed in the figure below.
When the task is finished, click “Close” button. Close the Internet Explorer and reboot your computer for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your internet browser’s startpage, default search provider and new tab page to default state.
Remove MyPlayCity Search redirect from Google Chrome
Use the Reset web-browser tool of the Chrome to reset all its settings like homepage, search engine by default and newtab to original defaults. This is a very useful utility to use, in the case of browser hijacks like MyPlayCity Search.
Open the Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal dotes (). It will display the drop-down menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
Carefully browse through the list of installed extensions. If the list has the plugin labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following steps: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy otherwise, just go to the step below.
Open the Google Chrome main menu again, click to “Settings” option.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Advanced” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, as shown on the screen below and click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
Confirm your action, click the “Reset” button.
Delete MyPlayCity Search from Mozilla Firefox
If your Mozilla Firefox web-browser homepage has modified to MyPlayCity Search without your permission or an unknown search provider displays results for your search, then it may be time to perform the web browser reset.
First, run the Mozilla Firefox. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will show the drop-down menu. Next, press the Help button ().
In the Help menu click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page press on “Refresh Firefox” button as shown in the figure below.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
MyPlayCity Search startpage automatic removal
If you are unsure how to delete MyPlayCity Search hijacker easily, consider using automatic browser hijacker infection removal applications which listed below. It will identify the browser hijacker responsible for redirecting your internet browser to MyPlayCity Search site and delete it from your PC for free.
Automatically remove MyPlayCity Search with Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM)
You can remove MyPlayCity Search automatically with a help of Zemana. We suggest this malware removal utility because it can easily get rid of browser hijackers, potentially unwanted apps, ‘ad supported’ software and toolbars with all their components such as folders, files and registry entries.
- Visit the page linked below to download the latest version of Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) for MS Windows. Save it on your Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your browser will show the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- Once downloading is complete, please close all programs and open windows on your PC. Next, launch a file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will start the “Setup wizard” of Zemana Free onto your personal computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana Anti-Malware will run and display the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button to start checking your machine for the MyPlayCity Search browser hijacker infection and other web-browser’s malicious addons. Depending on your computer, the scan may take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. During the scan Zemana Anti Malware will find threats present on your PC system.
- As the scanning ends, you can check all threats detected on your system.
- Review the scan results and then click the “Next” button. The utility will begin to get rid of hijacker infection that causes browsers to show intrusive MyPlayCity Search web site. When that process is complete, you may be prompted to restart the personal computer.
- Close the Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) and continue with the next step.
Get rid of MyPlayCity Search startpage with Malwarebytes
Delete MyPlayCity Search browser hijacker infection manually is difficult and often the browser hijacker infection is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to use the Malwarebytes Free which are completely clean your PC system. Moreover, the free program will help you to delete malware, potentially unwanted applications, toolbars and ad-supported software that your computer can be infected too.
- Please go to the link below to download MalwareBytes. Save it on your Windows desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your internet browser will open the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When the download is complete, please close all software and open windows on your PC. Double-click on the icon that’s called mb3-setup.
- This will open the “Setup wizard” of MalwareBytes Free onto your computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) will open and display the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button . MalwareBytes Free tool will start scanning the whole machine to find out hijacker which cause a redirect to MyPlayCity Search web page. When a malware, adware or PUPs are found, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the scanning is finished.
- When that process is finished, you can check all threats detected on your computer.
- Make sure all items have ‘checkmark’ and click the “Quarantine Selected” button. Once that process is finished, you may be prompted to restart the machine.
- Close the Anti Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Scan your PC system and delete MyPlayCity Search homepage with AdwCleaner
AdwCleaner frees your computer from adware, PUPs, unwanted toolbars, web browser add-ons and other unwanted programs like hijacker infection responsible for MyPlayCity Search start page. The free removal utility will help you enjoy your personal computer to its fullest. AdwCleaner uses the (c) Malwarebytes technology to detect if there are unwanted programs in your PC. You can review the scan results, and choose the items you want to erase.
- Click the link below to download AdwCleaner. Save it on your MS Windows desktop.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: June 30, 2021
- Once the download is done, double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this utility is started, click “Scan” button to begin scanning your machine for the hijacker infection that cause a redirect to MyPlayCity Search web page. This task can take quite a while, so please be patient. During the scan AdwCleaner will look for threats exist on your personal computer.
- Once AdwCleaner completes the scan, AdwCleaner will display a screen which contains a list of malicious software that has been found. When you are ready, press “Clean” button. It will show a prompt, click “OK”.
These few simple steps are shown in detail in the following video guide.
Use AdBlocker to block MyPlayCity Search and stay safe online
We advise to install an adblocker program that can stop MyPlayCity Search and other undesired pages. The ad blocking utility such as AdGuard is a application which basically removes advertising from the Net and blocks access to malicious web-pages. Moreover, security experts says that using ad blocking applications is necessary to stay safe when surfing the Internet.
Click the following link to download the latest version of AdGuard for Windows. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
When downloading is finished, double-click the downloaded file to start it. The “Setup Wizard” window will show up on the computer screen like below.
Follow the prompts. AdGuard will then be installed and an icon will be placed on your desktop. A window will show up asking you to confirm that you want to see a quick guidance as displayed in the following example.
Click “Skip” button to close the window and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick guidance which will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
Each time, when you launch your system, AdGuard will start automatically and stop pop ups, MyPlayCity Search redirect, as well as other malicious or misleading web pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which can be found on your desktop.
Prevent MyPlayCity Search browser hijacker from installing
Now your PC should be clean of the hijacker which reroutes your web browser to undesired MyPlayCity Search web page. Delete AdwCleaner. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you stop unwanted pop-up ads and annoying harmful sites) and Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) (to periodically scan your PC system for new browser hijackers and other malicious software). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
If you are still having problems while trying to delete MyPlayCity Search from the Mozilla Firefox, Edge, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Chrome, then ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.