Maybe you have not heard of the Fastdownload software. But when you browse the Internet, tons of ads signed with Fastdownload or ‘Ad by Fastdownload’ are shown. And these unwanted pop up advertisements can appear again and again, even you close them. It is a sign that your browser is affected with the nasty PUP (potentially unwanted program) from the ‘ad-supported’ software (also known as adware) category.
The Fastdownload can change computer setting in order to start automatically when the PC boot. You will be annoyed about it. Similar to other unwanted software, the Fastdownload adware can show advertisements without your’s permission, and these undesired ads is hard to close. Even worse, the Fastdownload has the ability to collect your confidential info to get profit.
Technically, the Fastdownload adware is not a virus, but it does bad things, it generates a huge number of pop up advertisements. It may download and install on to your machine other harmful and undesired programs without your permission, force you to visit misleading or harmful web pages. Moreover, the ad-supported software can install browser hijacker. Once installed, it will modify your internet browser setting such as search provider, newtab and home page with an annoying web-page.
The guide below explaining steps to get rid of Fastdownload problem. Feel free to use it for removal of the ad-supported software that may attack Chrome, Edge, Internet Explorer and Firefox and other popular web browsers. The step by step guide will help you delete ad supported software and thereby clean your browser from all unwanted ads.
Remove Fastdownload adware (Virus removal)
The adware is a form of malicious software that you might have difficulty in removing it from your machine. Happily, you have found the effective Fastdownload ad-supported software removal instructions in this post. Both the manual removal way and the automatic removal way will be provided below and you can just choose the one that best for you. If you have any questions or need assist then type a comment below. Read this manual carefully, bookmark or print it, because you may need to shut down your browser or restart your PC.
To remove Fastdownload, use the following steps:
- How to remove Fastdownload without any software
- How to get rid of Fastdownload with free software
- Block unwanted ads
- Don’t know how your web browser has been hijacked by Fastdownload ?
- Finish words
How to remove Fastdownload without any software
These steps to get rid of Fastdownload ad-supported software without any software are presented below. Be sure to carry out the step-by-step tutorial completely to fully get rid of this Fastdownload adware which redirects your web browser to unwanted ad web-sites.
Uninstall ad-supported software through the Microsoft Windows Control Panel
Some of PUPs, adware and browser hijackers can be uninstalled using the Add/Remove programs utility that is located in the MS Windows Control Panel. So, if you are using any version of Microsoft Windows and you have noticed an unwanted application, then first try to remove it through Add/Remove programs.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Click the Microsoft Windows logo, and then press Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter as displayed in the following example.
After the ‘Control Panel’ opens, click the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as shown below.
Windows 7, Vista, XP
Open Start menu and choose the ‘Control Panel’ at right as displayed on the image below.
Then go to ‘Add/Remove Programs’ or ‘Uninstall a program’ (MS Windows 7 or Vista) as displayed on the screen below.
Carefully browse through the list of installed programs and remove all questionable and unknown programs. We recommend to press ‘Installed programs’ and even sorts all installed software by date. Once you’ve found anything questionable that may be the Fastdownload that causes a huge number of annoying popups or other PUP (potentially unwanted program), then choose this application and press ‘Uninstall’ in the upper part of the window. If the suspicious application blocked from removal, then run Revo Uninstaller Freeware to fully delete it from your system.
Delete unwanted Scheduled Tasks
If the annoying Fastdownload ads opens automatically on Windows startup or at equal time intervals, then you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and remove all the tasks that have been created by the Fastdownload adware.
Press Windows and R keys on your keyboard together. It will display a dialog box that titled with Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and press OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, press “Task Scheduler Library”, as displayed on the screen below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Select the first task, its properties will be display just below automatically. Next, click the Actions tab. Necessary to look at the text which is written under Details. If you are not sure that executes the task, then google it. If it’s a component of the malicious programs, then this task also should be removed.
Further click on it with the right mouse button and select Delete as displayed on the image below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by the Fastdownload app. Once is done, close the Task Scheduler window.
Delete Fastdownload adware from Firefox
Resetting your Firefox is basic troubleshooting step for any issues with your web-browser program, including the redirect to Fastdownload ads.
Press the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and click the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu as displayed in the figure below.
A small menu will appear, click the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, click “Refresh Firefox” button as displayed on the image below.
Follow the onscreen procedure to restore your FF web browser settings to its original state.
Remove Fastdownload adware from IE
If you find that Internet Explorer internet browser settings like newtab, search engine by default and startpage having been changed by Fastdownload ad-supported software which cause annoying popup advertisements to appear, then you may revert back your settings, via the reset browser procedure.
First, open the IE. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will open the Tools drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options” as displayed on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as on the image below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then press “Reset” button.
You will now need to reboot your PC system for the changes to take effect.
Remove Fastdownload from Google Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings is a easy way to delete the browser hijackers, harmful and ‘ad-supported’ extensions, as well as to recover the web-browser’s default search provider, newtab page and start page that have been replaced by Fastdownload that made to redirect your web browser to various ad web-pages.
- First start the Google Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will open the Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then press Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the addon labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guide: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Google Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset” button.
- The Google Chrome will show the reset profile settings page as shown on the screen above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this procedure is finished, your web browser’s search provider, homepage and new tab page will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Chrome settings to default.
How to get rid of Fastdownload with free software
There are not many good free anti-malware applications with high detection ratio. The effectiveness of malicious software removal tools depends on various factors, mostly on how often their virus/malware signatures DB are updated in order to effectively detect modern malicious software, ad supported software, browser hijacker infections and other PUPs. We suggest to run several programs, not just one. These applications which listed below will help you remove all components of the ad supported software from your disk and Windows registry and thereby delete Fastdownload adware.
Automatically remove Fastdownload with Zemana Anti-malware
We recommend using the Zemana Anti-malware that are completely clean your PC of the adware. The utility is an advanced malware removal program developed by (c) Zemana lab. It’s able to help you remove PUPs, hijackers, malicious software, toolbars, ransomware and Fastdownload ad-supported software that causes web-browsers to display undesired ads.
- Installing the Zemana is simple. First you will need to download Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) from the following link. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- When downloading is complete, close all applications and windows on your computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is complete, click the “Scan” button to start scanning your computer for the Fastdownload that causes multiple unwanted ads and popups. This task may take quite a while, so please be patient. While the Zemana AntiMalware tool is checking, you can see how many objects it has identified as being affected by malware.
- When Zemana Anti Malware has completed scanning your system, Zemana Anti Malware will open a list of all threats found by the scan. Review the results once the tool has finished the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply press “Next”. After the clean-up is done, you can be prompted to restart your computer.
Remove Fastdownload with Malwarebytes
Remove Fastdownload adware manually is difficult and often the adware is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to run the Malwarebytes Free which are completely clean your system. Moreover, the free application will help you to get rid of malicious software, PUPs, toolbars and browser hijackers that your computer may be infected too.
- Download MalwareBytes on your MS Windows Desktop by clicking on the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your internet browser will display the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When downloading is complete, please close all programs and open windows on your system. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will start the “Setup wizard” of MalwareBytes Free onto your machine. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes Anti Malware will start and display the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button to scan for Fastdownload ad supported software that causes web-browsers to open undesired popup ads. A system scan may take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your system. While the MalwareBytes Anti-Malware is scanning, you can see number of objects it has identified either as being malicious software.
- After the checking is finished, the results are displayed in the scan report.
- Review the report and then click the “Quarantine Selected” button. When disinfection is finished, you may be prompted to reboot the system.
- Close the Anti Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Get rid of Fastdownload ad-supported software and harmful extensions with AdwCleaner
AdwCleaner cleans your system from hijackers, potentially unwanted applications, unwanted toolbars, internet browser extensions and other undesired apps such as Fastdownload adware that made to redirect your browser to various ad web pages. The free removal tool will help you enjoy your PC system to its fullest. AdwCleaner uses the (c) Malwarebytes technology to search for if there are unwanted software in your computer. You can review the scan results, and select the items you want to erase.
Download AdwCleaner from the following link. Save it on your Desktop.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: June 18, 2020
Download and run AdwCleaner on your PC system. Once started, click “Scan” button to scan for Fastdownload that causes tons of intrusive popups. While the AdwCleaner program is checking, you can see how many objects it has identified as threat..
As the scanning ends, you can check all threats detected on your machine. Once you have selected what you want to delete from your machine, press Clean button.
All-in-all, AdwCleaner is a fantastic free utility to free your PC from any undesired software. The AdwCleaner is portable program that meaning, you don’t need to install it to use it. AdwCleaner is compatible with all versions of Windows OS from Windows XP to Windows 10. Both 64-bit and 32-bit systems are supported.
Block unwanted ads
We recommend to install an ad blocker program that may block ads, misleading, malicious and other annoying pages. The ad blocking utility such as AdGuard is a application which basically removes advertising from the Web and stops access to malicious web sites. Moreover, security experts says that using adblocker software is necessary to stay safe when surfing the Web.
- Click the following link to download the latest version of AdGuard for Windows. Save it to your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- Once the downloading process is finished, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- After the setup is done, click “Skip” to close the install application and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you run your PC system, AdGuard will run automatically and block pop up ads, as well as other harmful or misleading web sites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon called AdGuard, which can be found on your desktop.
Don’t know how your web browser has been hijacked by Fastdownload ?
Now your PC should be free of the Fastdownload that causes multiple undesired ads and popups. Uninstall AdwCleaner. We suggest that you keep Zemana Free (to periodically scan your computer for new ad supported softwares and other malicious software) and AdGuard (to help you block undesired popup advertisements and malicious web pages). Moreover, to prevent any ad supported software, please stay clear of unknown and third party apps, make sure that your antivirus program, turn on the option to find out potentially unwanted software.
If you need more help with Fastdownload adware related issues, go to our Spyware/Malware removal forum.