The Search.htrackmyflight.co instead of your homepage is a sign of appearance of a browser hijacker on your personal computer. It can bring a security risk to your computer. So, do not ignore it! Of course, the Search.htrackmyflight.co is just a web page, but the hijacker uses it to change your default search provider, newtab and startpage, without your permission and desire to see it. The Search.htrackmyflight.co as your homepage can be just the beginning, because your personal computer is infected with an unwanted software, that in the future may increase the amount of problems with the Chrome, MS Edge, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Its appearance will prevent you normally browse the World Wide Web, and more, can lead to crash the internet browser.
Except that the Search.htrackmyflight.co can introduce changes to web-browser’s home page and newtab page, it also modifies your search engine, which leads to the fact that use of the web browser’s search becomes uncomfortable. The reason for this is that the search results will consist of a large number of ads, links to unwanted and ad web pages and only the remaining part is search results for your query from well-known search providers like Google or Bing.
It’s not a good idea to have an undesired program like Search.htrackmyflight.co browser hijacker infection on your PC. The reason for this is simple, it doing things you don’t know about. The hijacker can be used to gather personal data about you that can be later sold to third party companies. You do not know if your home address, account names and passwords are safe. And of course you completely don’t know what will happen when you click on any ads on the Search.htrackmyflight.co web-site.
We suggest you to clean your PC of hijacker as soon as possible. Use the guide below which will assist to delete Search.htrackmyflight.co and malicious application, which can be installed onto your computer along with it.
Remove Search.htrackmyflight.co (removal guidance)
The Search.htrackmyflight.co is a browser hijacker that you might have difficulty in removing it from your personal computer. Happily, you have found the effective removal tutorial in this article. Both the manual removal way and the automatic removal solution will be provided below and you can just select the one that best for you. If you have any questions or need assist then type a comment below. Read it once, after doing so, please print this page as you may need to exit your web-browser or reboot your personal computer.
To remove Search.htrackmyflight.co, follow the steps below:
- How to remove Search.htrackmyflight.co without any software
- How to remove Search.htrackmyflight.co with free applications
- Block Search.htrackmyflight.co redirect and other annoying web pages
- Don’t know how your internet browser has been hijacked by Search.htrackmyflight.co browser hijacker?
- To sum up
How to remove Search.htrackmyflight.co without any software
The following instructions is a step-by-step guide, which will help you manually delete Search.htrackmyflight.co home page from the Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, MS Edge and Firefox.
Remove Search.htrackmyflight.co associated software by using MS Windows Control Panel
Some potentially unwanted software, browser hijacking apps and adware can be removed by uninstalling the free programs they came with. If this way does not succeed, then looking them up in the list of installed apps in Windows Control Panel. Use the “Uninstall” command in order to remove them.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then press Windows button, next click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then click “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will show the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, press “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will show a list of all programs installed on the PC system.
- Scroll through the all list, and delete dubious and unknown software. To quickly find the latest installed apps, we recommend sort programs by date.
See more details in the video guide below.
Delete Search.htrackmyflight.co start page from Mozilla Firefox
Resetting your Firefox is first troubleshooting step for any issues with your internet browser application, including the redirect to Search.htrackmyflight.co site.
First, open the FF. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will show the drop-down menu. Next, click the Help button ().
In the Help menu click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button as displayed below.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
Remove Search.htrackmyflight.co search from Internet Explorer
The Internet Explorer reset is great if your browser is hijacked or you have unwanted plugins or toolbars on your internet browser, that installed by a malware.
First, start the IE, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will show the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the internet browser, then click the “Internet Options” as displayed in the figure below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then press the “Reset” button. The Internet Explorer will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” prompt. Further, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, press the “Reset” button as shown on the screen below.
When the process is finished, click “Close” button. Close the IE and restart your system for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your internet browser’s newtab, default search provider and home page to default state.
Delete Search.htrackmyflight.co start page from Chrome
In order to be sure that there is nothing left behind, we recommend you to reset Google Chrome internet browser. It will restore Chrome settings including home page, newtab page and search engine to defaults.
First open the Google Chrome. Next, press the button in the form of three horizontal dots ().
It will open the Chrome menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions. Carefully browse through the list of installed addons. If the list has the add-on signed with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following instructions: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
Open the Chrome menu once again. Further, click the option named “Settings”.
The web browser will open the settings screen. Another solution to open the Chrome’s settings – type chrome://settings in the web-browser adress bar and press Enter
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and press the “Advanced” link. Now scroll down until the “Reset” section is visible, as shown in the figure below and click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
The Google Chrome will show the confirmation dialog box as displayed in the figure below.
You need to confirm your action, press the “Reset” button. The browser will start the process of cleaning. When it’s done, the web browser’s settings including newtab page, start page and search provider by default back to the values that have been when the Chrome was first installed on your computer.
How to remove Search.htrackmyflight.co with free applications
If you’re not expert at computers, then we suggest to use free removal tools listed below to remove Search.htrackmyflight.co home page for good. The automatic way is highly recommended. It has less steps and easier to implement than the manual solution. Moreover, it lower risk of system damage. So, the automatic Search.htrackmyflight.co removal is a better option.
Scan and free your computer of Search.htrackmyflight.co with Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM)
You can get rid of Search.htrackmyflight.co automatically with a help of Zemana AntiMalware. We recommend this malware removal utility because it may easily get rid of browser hijacker infections, PUPs, ad-supported software and toolbars with all their components such as folders, files and registry entries.
- Download Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) by clicking on the following link. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- After downloading is finished, close all programs and windows on your computer. Open a file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is done, click the “Scan” button . Zemana program will scan through the whole PC system for the hijacker which designed to redirect your web browser to the Search.htrackmyflight.co site. This process may take quite a while, so please be patient. While the Zemana Anti-Malware program is checking, you may see number of objects it has identified as threat.
- When the scan is done, you will be displayed the list of all detected items on your PC system. Next, you need to press “Next”. Once finished, you can be prompted to reboot your PC system.
Scan and clean your computer of hijacker with Malwarebytes
You can remove Search.htrackmyflight.co search automatically with a help of Malwarebytes Free. We advise this free malicious software removal utility because it can easily remove browser hijackers, adware, potentially unwanted apps and toolbars with all their components such as files, folders and registry entries.
- Visit the following page to download MalwareBytes Free. Save it on your MS Windows desktop or in any other place.
Category: Security tools
Update: July 25, 2019
- After downloading is complete, close all software and windows on your computer. Open a file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once setup is complete, click the “Scan Now” button to start checking your PC for the browser hijacker responsible for redirecting user searches to Search.htrackmyflight.co. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your machine. While the MalwareBytes AntiMalware is scanning, you may see how many objects it has identified either as being malicious software.
- After the checking is complete, a list of all items detected is prepared. When you are ready, press “Quarantine Selected”. After disinfection is finished, you can be prompted to restart your system.
The following video offers a instructions on how to remove hijackers, adware and other malicious software with MalwareBytes Anti Malware.
Remove Search.htrackmyflight.co browser hijacker and malicious extensions with AdwCleaner
AdwCleaner is a free portable application that scans your computer for adware, PUPs and hijackers such as Search.htrackmyflight.co and allows delete them easily. Moreover, it’ll also help you get rid of any harmful internet browser extensions and add-ons.
Visit the following page to download AdwCleaner. Save it on your Windows desktop.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: March 2, 2020
Download and use AdwCleaner on your PC. Once started, press “Scan” button for checking your machine for the browser hijacker that alters internet browser settings to replace your home page, search provider and newtab page with Search.htrackmyflight.co web-page. This task can take some time, so please be patient. When a malware, adware or PUPs are found, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the scanning is done..
When the scan get finished, you will be shown the list of all found items on your PC system. Once you’ve selected what you want to get rid of from your computer, press Clean button.
All-in-all, AdwCleaner is a fantastic free tool to clean your PC from any unwanted programs. The AdwCleaner is portable program that meaning, you don’t need to install it to use it. AdwCleaner is compatible with all versions of Microsoft Windows operating system from Microsoft Windows XP to Windows 10. Both 64-bit and 32-bit systems are supported.
Block Search.htrackmyflight.co redirect and other annoying web pages
We recommend to install an ad-blocking program which can block Search.htrackmyflight.co and other undesired web-sites. The ad blocker tool such as AdGuard is a program that basically removes advertising from the Internet and stops access to malicious web pages. Moreover, security experts says that using ad blocker software is necessary to stay safe when surfing the Internet.
- Download AdGuard from the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After the download is done, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is done, click “Skip” to close the install application and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and block pop-ups, sites like Search.htrackmyflight.co, as well as other malicious or misleading web sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon called AdGuard, that can be found on your desktop.
Don’t know how your internet browser has been hijacked by Search.htrackmyflight.co browser hijacker?
The browser hijacker which cause Search.htrackmyflight.co page to appear, can be categorized as PUP (potentially unwanted program) which mostly comes on the system with other free programs. Most commonly, this undesired application comes without the user’s knowledge. Therefore, many users aren’t even aware that their PC system has been affected by malicious software. Please follow the easy rules in order to protect your computer from any unwanted apps: do not install any suspicious apps, read the user agreement and select only the Custom, Manual or Advanced install mode, do not rush to click the Next button. Also, always try to find a review of the program on the Net. Be careful and attentive! If Search.htrackmyflight.co start page has already come into your PC system, then you need to check your computer for browser hijacker and other malicious software. Use our detailed few simple steps that are listed above.
To sum up
Now your PC system should be free of the hijacker which changes internet browser settings to replace your home page, new tab and search provider by default with Search.htrackmyflight.co page. Uninstall AdwCleaner. We suggest that you keep Zemana (to periodically scan your computer for new browser hijacker infections and other malware) and AdGuard (to help you stop annoying pop-ups and harmful web-pages). Moreover, to prevent any browser hijacker infection, please stay clear of unknown and third party applications, make sure that your antivirus program, turn on the option to scan for PUPs.
If you need more help with Search.htrackmyflight.co related issues, go to our Spyware/Malware removal forum.