The EnjoyWiFi is an adware (sometimes named ‘ad-supported’ software) that usually gets installed as a part of some freeware. Do not be surprised, it happens, especially if you are an active Web user. The EnjoyWiFi is created to display intrusive and unwanted advertisements, even without your permission and desire to see it. The intrusive ads can be just the beginning, because your machine is hijacked by harmful software, so the amount of advertisements in the future may increase. Perform the tutorial below to clean your PC as quickly as possible, as the adware can be a way to infect your system with more dangerous malicious software like viruses and trojans. The step by step tutorial which follow, We’ll show you how to remove adware and thereby remove EnjoyWiFi ads from your browser forever.
What is more, the EnjoyWiFi that causes undesired pop up advertisements, may show advertisements depend on a web page that you are visiting. That is, it is clear that this adware, without your permission, steals personal information such as: your ip address, what is a web page you are viewing now, what you are looking for on the Net, which links you are clicking, and much, much more. Even worse, the adware may monetize its functionality by gathering privacy information from your surfing sessions. This privacy info, subsequently, can be easily transferred third party companies. This puts your user info at a security risk.
We recommend you to get rid of adware and clean your computer from EnjoyWiFi pop-ups sooner, until the presence of the adware has not led to even worse consequences. You need to follow the step-by-step guidance below that will help you to completely remove the redirect to EnjoyWiFi unwanted web-page, using only the built-in MS Windows features and a few of specialized free malicious software removal utilities.
How to remove EnjoyWiFi from Windows 10 (8, 7, XP)
There are a few methods that can be used to remove EnjoyWiFi adware. But, not all PUPs such as this adware can be completely removed utilizing only manual ways. Most commonly you’re not able to remove any adware using standard Microsoft Windows options. In order to delete EnjoyWiFi adware you need complete a few manual steps and use reliable removal tools. Most IT security specialists states that Zemana Free, MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) or AdwCleaner utilities are a right choice. These free programs are able to find and remove EnjoyWiFi adware from your system and restore your web browser settings to defaults.
To remove EnjoyWiFi, use the steps below:
- Delete EnjoyWiFi adware without any tools
- Get rid of EnjoyWiFi adware with free programs
- Stop EnjoyWiFi ads and other unwanted pages
- How can you prevent your PC system from the attack of EnjoyWiFi adware
- To sum up
Delete EnjoyWiFi adware without any tools
Most common adware may be removed without any antivirus programs. The manual adware removal is step-by-step guide that will teach you how to remove the EnjoyWiFi ad-supported software.
Delete EnjoyWiFi associated software by using MS Windows Control Panel
Some of PUPs, adware and hijackers can be uninstalled using the Add/Remove programs tool that can be found in the Microsoft Windows Control Panel. So, if you are using any version of Microsoft Windows and you have noticed an unwanted application, then first try to remove it through Add/Remove programs.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
First, press the Windows button , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
Windows XP, Vista, 7
First, press “Start” and select “Control Panel”.
It will display the Windows Control Panel as shown on the screen below.
Next, press “Uninstall a program”
It will display a list of all software installed on your PC. Scroll through the all list, and uninstall any suspicious and unknown software. To quickly find the latest installed applications, we recommend sort applications by date in the Control panel.
Remove EnjoyWiFi ads from Internet Explorer
In order to restore all web-browser newtab, startpage and search provider by default you need to reset the Microsoft Internet Explorer to the state, that was when the Microsoft Windows was installed on your PC system.
First, launch the Internet Explorer. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will open the Tools drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options” as displayed on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then press the Reset button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as displayed in the figure below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then press “Reset” button.
You will now need to restart your machine for the changes to take effect.
Delete Ads by EnjoyWiFi from FF by resetting internet browser settings
If the FF internet browser program is hijacked, then resetting its settings can help. The Reset feature is available on all modern version of Firefox. A reset can fix many issues by restoring Firefox settings such as startpage, newtab page and search provider by default to its default state. It will save your personal information such as saved passwords, bookmarks, and open tabs.
First, open the Firefox. Next, press the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will open the drop-down menu. Next, press the Help button ().
In the Help menu click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page press on “Refresh Firefox” button as shown on the image below.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
Remove EnjoyWiFi ads from Google Chrome
Run the Reset web-browser tool of the Chrome to reset all its settings like new tab page, homepage and search provider by default to original defaults. This is a very useful tool to use, in the case of web browser redirects to undesired ad pages like these EnjoyWiFi ads.
- First launch the Google Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will show the Google Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following instructions: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Google Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset” button.
- The Google Chrome will open the reset profile settings page as shown on the image above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this procedure is done, your browser’s start page, newtab page and search provider by default will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Get rid of EnjoyWiFi adware with free programs
If you are not expert at computer technology, then we recommend to use free removal tools listed below to get rid of EnjoyWiFi adware for good. The automatic way is highly recommended. It has less steps and easier to implement than the manual method. Moreover, it lower risk of system damage. So, the automatic EnjoyWiFi removal is a better option.
How to remove EnjoyWiFi with Zemana Anti-malware
Zemana Anti-malware is a utility which can get rid of ad supported software, PUPs, hijacker infections and other malicious software from your system easily and for free. Zemana Anti-malware is compatible with most antivirus software. It works under Windows (10 – XP, 32 and 64 bit) and uses minimum of personal computer resources.
Now you can setup and use Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) to get rid of EnjoyWiFi ad supported software from your internet browser by following the steps below:
Visit the page linked below to download Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) installer called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup on your PC. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
Launch the installer after it has been downloaded successfully and then follow the prompts to set up this tool on your machine.
During setup you can change certain settings, but we suggest you do not make any changes to default settings.
When installation is complete, this malware removal utility will automatically start and update itself. You will see its main window as displayed below.
Now click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this utility for the EnjoyWiFi ‘ad supported’ software that causes lots of unwanted pop-up ads. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your personal computer. While the utility is checking, you can see number of objects and files has already scanned.
When the system scan is finished, Zemana Free will open a list of detected threats. Review the report and then click “Next” button.
The Zemana will get rid of EnjoyWiFi adware which designed to redirect your browser to various ad web-pages. Once the cleaning process is finished, you can be prompted to restart your PC to make the change take effect.
Use Malwarebytes to remove EnjoyWiFi ad supported software
We recommend using the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your system of the adware. The free tool is an advanced malware removal application developed by (c) Malwarebytes lab. This program uses the world’s most popular anti-malware technology. It is able to help you get rid of intrusive EnjoyWiFi adware from your web browsers, PUPs, malware, hijacker infections, toolbars, ransomware and other security threats from your computer for free.
- Please go to the link below to download the latest version of MalwareBytes AntiMalware for Microsoft Windows. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your browser will show the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- Once the download is finished, please close all programs and open windows on your computer. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will start the “Setup wizard” of MalwareBytes Anti-Malware onto your computer. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes Free will open and display the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button to begin scanning your PC system for the EnjoyWiFi which causes undesired popups.
- As the scanning ends, MalwareBytes Free will display a screen that contains a list of malicious software that has been found.
- Make sure all threats have ‘checkmark’ and click the “Quarantine Selected” button. When the clean up is done, you may be prompted to restart the personal computer.
- Close the Anti Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Scan and free your computer of ‘ad supported’ software with AdwCleaner
AdwCleaner is a free removal tool that can scan your PC system for a wide range of security threats like malware, adwares, potentially unwanted software as well as EnjoyWiFi that causes multiple annoying ads and pop-ups. It will perform a deep scan of your PC system including hard drives and Microsoft Windows registry. After a malware is detected, it will help you to remove all found threats from your PC system by a simple click.
- Visit the page linked below to download the latest version of AdwCleaner for Windows. Save it to your Desktop.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: March 22, 2021
- Select the directory in which you saved it as Desktop, and then press Save.
- After downloading is complete, run the AdwCleaner, double-click the adwcleaner_xxx.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, press Yes to continue.
- In the AdwCleaner window, click the “Scan” to perform a system scan for the EnjoyWiFi adware which developed to redirect your internet browser to various ad web pages. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your system. While the utility is checking, you may see number of objects and files has already scanned.
- After the scan get finished, AdwCleaner will open a scan report. Next, you need to click “Clean”. If the AdwCleaner will ask you to restart your machine, press “OK”.
The step-by-step guide shown in detail in the following video.
Stop EnjoyWiFi ads and other unwanted pages
It’s also critical to protect your web browsers from malicious web sites and ads by using an adblocker application such as AdGuard. Security experts says that it’ll greatly reduce the risk of malware, and potentially save lots of money. Additionally, the AdGuard can also protect your privacy by blocking almost all trackers.
- Download AdGuard application from the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- Once the download is done, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- When the installation is finished, press “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you start your machine, AdGuard will start automatically and stop pop up ads, as well as other harmful or misleading sites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
How can you prevent your PC system from the attack of EnjoyWiFi adware
The majority of adware gets onto personal computer by being attached to free applications or even paid software which World Wide Web users can easily download online. The installation packages of such programs, most often, clearly indicate that they will install additional programs. The option is given to users to block the setup of any additional software. So, in order to avoid the installation of any ad supported software: read all disclaimers and install screens very carefully, choose only Custom or Advanced setup mode and disable all optional software in which you are unsure.
To sum up
Now your PC should be clean of the EnjoyWiFi which redirects your browser to annoying ad web sites. Remove AdwCleaner. We suggest that you keep Zemana Anti Malware (to periodically scan your system for new ‘ad supported’ softwares and other malware) and AdGuard (to help you stop undesired popup ads and harmful web-sites). Moreover, to prevent adwares, please stay clear of unknown and third party programs, make sure that your antivirus application, turn on the option to detect PUPs (potentially unwanted programs).
If you need more help with EnjoyWiFi adware related issues, go to our Spyware/Malware removal forum.