The TTWIFI is an unwanted software from the family of ‘ad-supported’ software (also known as adware). The adware virus may alter the settings of your Windows OS or install a harmful browser extension which created to generate tons of annoying ads. It’ll lead to the fact that when you run the internet browser or browse the World Wide Web, it will always be forced to show lots of unwanted popup ads, even when your web browser is configured to block pop ups or your system has a application that blocks popup advertisements. On current date, the TTWIFI adware continues to increase the number of machines that have been infected.
The TTWIFI adware may insert a large amount of advertisements directly to the web-sites that you visit, creating a sense that the advertising links has been added by the creators of the page. Moreover, a legal advertising banners may be replaced on the fake advertisements, that will offer to download and install various unnecessary and harmful applications. Moreover, the adware has the ability to collect a large count of personal information about you (your ip address, what is a web page you are viewing now, what you are looking for on the Internet, which links you are clicking), which can later transfer to third parties.
In addition to that, as was mentioned earlier, some adware virus to also modify all web-browsers shortcuts that located on your Desktop or Start menu. So, every infected shortcut will try to redirect your web-browser to intrusive ad web pages, some of which might be harmful. It can make the whole PC system more vulnerable to hacker attacks.
Table of contents
- What is TTWIFI
- Remove TTWIFI adware virus from computer (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP)
- How to remove TTWIFI adware virus without any software
- Scan your personal computer and delete TTWIFI with free utilities
- Run AdBlocker to stay safe online
- How can you prevent your system from the attack of TTWIFI adware
- Final words
We suggest to get rid of the TTWIFI adware virus that causes multiple intrusive advertisements and pop-ups, as soon as you found this problem, as it can direct you to web-resources that may load other harmful software on your system.
Remove TTWIFI adware virus from computer (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP)
Fortunately, we’ve an effective solution which will assist you manually or/and automatically get rid of TTWIFI from your Windows computer and bring your computer settings, including home page, newtab page and search engine by default, back to normal. Below you’ll find a removal guidance with all the steps you may need to successfully delete virus and its components. Read this manual carefully, bookmark or print it, because you may need to close your internet browser or reboot your PC.
How to remove TTWIFI adware virus without any software
The tutorial will help you delete TTWIFI virus. These TTWIFI removal steps work for every version of Microsoft Windows operating system.
Delete TTWIFI related software through the Control Panel of your computer
In order to remove potentially unwanted software such as this virus, open the Microsoft Windows Control Panel and click on “Uninstall a program”. Check the list of installed software. For the ones you do not know, run an Internet search to see if they are virus, browser hijacker or PUPs. If yes, remove them off. Even if they are just a programs that you do not use, then removing them off will increase your PC system start up time and speed dramatically.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then click Windows button, next press Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then press “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will show the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will display a list of all software installed on the computer.
- Scroll through the all list, and delete suspicious and unknown applications. To quickly find the latest installed applications, we recommend sort applications by date.
See more details in the video guidance below.
Fix web-browser shortcuts, changed by virus
Now you need to clean up the browser shortcuts. Check that the shortcut referring to the right exe-file of the web-browser, and not on any unknown file.
Right click on the web-browser’s shortcut, click Properties option. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text “http://site.address” that has been added here. Remove everything after .exe. An example, for Google Chrome you should remove everything after chrome.exe.
To save changes, click OK . You need to clean all web browser’s shortcuts. So, repeat this step for the Google Chrome, IE, Firefox and MS Edge.
Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Once installed, the adware virus can add a task in to the Windows Task Scheduler Library. Due to this, every time when you run your computer, it will open an undesired web page. So, you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and remove all harmful tasks which have been created by adware.
Press Windows and R keys on your keyboard together. It will display a prompt that titled as Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and press OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, press “Task Scheduler Library”, as shown on the screen below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Select the first task, its properties will be show just below automatically. Next, press the Actions tab. Necessary to look at the text which is written under Details. Found something like “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address” or “firefox.exe http://site.address”, then you need remove this task. If you are not sure that executes the task, then google it. If it’s a component of the unwanted applications, then this task also should be removed.
Further click on it with the right mouse button and select Delete as shown on the screen below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by ‘ad-supported’ application. Once is done, close the Task Scheduler window.
Scan your personal computer and delete TTWIFI with free utilities
Run malicious software removal tools to get rid of TTWIFI adware automatically. The freeware tools specially developed for browser hijackers, ‘ad supported’ software and other potentially unwanted programs removal. These utilities may remove most of adware from Chrome, Firefox, IE and Microsoft Edge. Moreover, it may remove all components of ‘ad supported’ software from Windows registry and system drives.
Get rid of TTWIFI adware virus with Zemana Anti-malware
You can delete TTWIFI virus automatically with a help of Zemana Anti-malware. We suggest this malicious software removal tool because it can easily remove browser hijackers, potentially unwanted programs, adware with all their components such as folders, files and registry entries.
Download Zemana AntiMalware from the link below.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
After the download is complete, start it and follow the prompts. Once installed, the Zemana AntiMalware will try to update itself and when this procedure is finished, press the “Scan” button . This will start scanning the whole machine to find out TTWIFI virus which redirects your browser to intrusive ad sites.
This task can take quite a while, so please be patient. During the scan it’ll detect all threats exist on your computer. When you’re ready, press “Next” button.
The Zemana Anti-Malware will remove TTWIFI adware and move threats to the program’s quarantine.
How to delete TTWIFI with Malwarebytes
Remove TTWIFI adware virus manually is difficult and often the adware is not completely removed. Therefore, we suggest you to run the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your system. Moreover, the free program will help you to remove malicious software, potentially unwanted software, toolbars and hijackers that your computer may be infected too.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop by clicking on the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web-browser will display the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When the downloading process is finished, please close all software and open windows on your personal computer. Double-click on the icon that’s called mb3-setup.
- This will open the “Setup wizard” of Malwarebytes onto your system. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Malwarebytes will launch and open the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan for the TTWIFI adware virus that cause intrusive popups to appear. A system scan may take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your system.
- When finished, it will show you the results.
- When you are ready, click the “Quarantine Selected” button. When finished, you may be prompted to restart the PC system.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Run AdwCleaner to remove TTWIFI
AdwCleaner is a free removal tool that can be downloaded and use to delete TTWIFI adware that causes internet browsers to display intrusive advertisements, browser hijackers, malware, potentially unwanted programs, toolbars and other threats from your computer. You can run this utility to scan for threats even if you have an antivirus or any other security application.
Download AdwCleaner by clicking on the link below.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: June 30, 2021
After the downloading process is done, open the file location. You will see an icon like below.
Double click the AdwCleaner desktop icon. After the tool is started, you will see a screen as shown on the screen below.
Further, click “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this tool for the TTWIFI virus which redirects your browser to intrusive ad web sites. This process can take quite a while, so please be patient. After the scan get finished, you will be displayed the list of all found threats on your system as shown on the image below.
Review the scan results and then click “Clean” button. It will open a prompt as shown below.
You need to press “OK”. After disinfection is done, the AdwCleaner may ask you to restart your machine. When your system is started, you will see an AdwCleaner log.
These steps are shown in detail in the following video guide.
Run AdBlocker to stay safe online
It is important to run ad-blocking software like AdGuard to protect your system from harmful web-pages. Most security experts says that it’s okay to stop ads. You should do so just to stay safe! And, of course, the AdGuard can to stop any intrusive web-sites.
- Download AdGuard program from the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- Once downloading is finished, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- When the setup is finished, click “Skip” to close the setup application and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you run your PC, AdGuard will start automatically and stop advertisements, s well as other malicious or misleading web pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, which can be found on your desktop.
How can you prevent your system from the attack of TTWIFI adware
After completing the steps shown above, your computer should be clean from malicious software and TTWIFI adware virus that causes web-browsers to open unwanted pop-up advertisements. The Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Edge will no longer reroute you to various unwanted pages. Unfortunately, if the step-by-step tutorial does not help you, then you have caught a new adware, and then the best way – ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.