The Trackbro.com is a page which can be loaded into your internet browser with the help of adware (also known as ‘ad-supported’ software). The adware may modify the settings of browsers such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge or install a harmful web browser extension that designed to generate a huge number of intrusive pop-up advertisements. It will lead to the fact that when you launch the web browser or browse the Internet, it will always be forced to display Trackbro.com pop up ads, even when your web browser is configured to block pop-ups or your PC has a application that stops popup advertisements. On current date, the adware continues to increase the number of computers which have been infected.
It’s not a good idea to have an unwanted program such as this adware on your personal computer. The reason for this is simple, it doing things you don’t know about. The ad supported software can also be used to collect your data which may be later transferred to third parties. You do not know if your home address, account names and passwords are safe. And of course you completely don’t know what will happen when you click on any Trackbro.com pop up ads.
Most often, the adware affects the most common web-browsers like the Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and MS Edge. But such the malicious software as well may infect another web-browsers by changing its shortcuts (adding an argument such as ‘http://site.address’ into Target field of a web browser’s shortcut). So every time you open the browser, it’ll reroute to the intrusive Trackbro.com page. Even if you setup a new homepage, an intrusive site will be the first thing you see when you open the Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Internet Explorer.
So, obviously, you need to delete the ‘ad supported’ software as soon as possible. Use the free guidance below. This guide will help you clean your machine of adware and thereby remove the Trackbro.com unwanted pop-up ads.
Table of contents
- What is Trackbro.com
- Remove Trackbro.com pop ups
- Manual Trackbro.com pop-ups removal
- Use free malware removal tools to completely delete Trackbro.com pop up advertisements
- How to block Trackbro.com redirect
- How can you prevent your PC from the attack of Trackbro.com pop-ups
- To sum up
Remove Trackbro.com pop ups
In the guide below we will have a look at the adware and how to delete Trackbro.com from Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer browsers for Windows OS, natively or by using a few free removal tools. Read this manual carefully, bookmark or print it, because you may need to exit your web-browser or restart your machine.
Manual Trackbro.com pop-ups removal
The useful removal guide for the Trackbro.com popups. The detailed procedure can be followed by anyone as it really does take you step-by-step. If you follow this process to delete Trackbro.com popup ads let us know how you managed by sending us your comments please.
Delete suspicious and potentially unwanted programs using Windows Control Panel
We recommend that you start the personal computer cleaning process by checking the list of installed programs and uninstall all unknown or suspicious software. This is a very important step, as mentioned above, very often the malicious software such as ad-supported software and browser hijacker infections may be bundled with free applications. Delete the unwanted software can remove the intrusive advertisements or web-browser redirect.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Click the Windows logo, and then click Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter as on the image below.
When the ‘Control Panel’ opens, click the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as shown in the figure below.
Windows 7, Vista, XP
Open Start menu and choose the ‘Control Panel’ at right as on the image below.
Then go to ‘Add/Remove Programs’ or ‘Uninstall a program’ (Windows 7 or Vista) as shown in the figure below.
Carefully browse through the list of installed applications and remove all applications which has the name similar to the Trackbro.com web page. We recommend to click ‘Installed programs’ and even sorts all installed software by date. Once you have found anything suspicious that may be the hijacker, adware or PUPs, then select this application and click ‘Uninstall’ in the upper part of the window. If the suspicious program blocked from removal, then use Revo Uninstaller Freeware to fully get rid of it from your PC system.
Fix infected internet browsers shortcuts to remove Trackbro.com redirect
Important to know, most anti malware applications which are able to delete adware, but unable to detect and recover changed shortcuts. So, you need to fix the desktop shortcuts for your Google Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Internet Explorer internet browsers manually.
Right click on the web-browser’s shortcut, click Properties option. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text “http://site.address” that has been added here. Remove everything after .exe. An example, for Google Chrome you should remove everything after chrome.exe.
To save changes, click OK . You need to clean all browser’s shortcuts. So, repeat this step for the Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Internet Explorer.
Remove Trackbro.com popups from Google Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings is a easy way to delete the hijackers, malicious and ‘ad-supported’ extensions, as well as to recover the internet browser’s homepage, new tab page and search provider by default that have been changed by adware that causes internet browsers to display undesired Trackbro.com pop up advertisements.
- First start the Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will open the Chrome main menu. Select “Settings” option.
- You will see the Google Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and press “Show advanced settings” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset settings” button.
- The Chrome will show the reset profile settings page as on the image above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this task is done, your browser’s start page, new tab page and search engine by default will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Delete Trackbro.com pop up ads from Firefox
If the Firefox web-browser application is hijacked, then resetting its settings can help. The Reset feature is available on all modern version of FF. A reset can fix many issues by restoring Firefox settings such as home page, new tab and search provider by default to its default state. It will save your personal information like saved passwords, bookmarks, and open tabs.
Click the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and click the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu as shown on the screen below.
A small menu will appear, click the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, click “Refresh Firefox” button like below.
Follow the onscreen procedure to revert back your Mozilla Firefox browser settings to its original state.
Remove Trackbro.com popup advertisements from Microsoft Internet Explorer
The Internet Explorer reset is great if your internet browser is hijacked or you have unwanted addo-ons or toolbars on your browser, which installed by an malicious software.
First, start the Internet Explorer, click ) button. Next, click “Internet Options” as shown in the figure below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, press Reset button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will show the Reset Internet Explorer settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button.
You will now need to reboot your system for the changes to take effect. It will remove Trackbro.com popup advertisements, disable malicious and ad-supported browser’s extensions and restore the IE’s settings like start page, new tab page and default search engine to default state.
Delete unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Once installed, the ‘ad supported’ software can add a task in to the Windows Task Scheduler Library. Due to this, every time when you launch your machine, it will open Trackbro.com intrusive page. So, you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and delete all harmful tasks which have been created by unwanted software.
Press Windows and R keys on your keyboard at the same time. It will display a dialog box which titled with Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and press OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, click “Task Scheduler Library”, as shown in the figure below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Select the first task, its properties will be open just below automatically. Next, click the Actions tab. Necessary to look at the text which is written under Details. Found something like “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address” or “firefox.exe http://site.address”, then you need remove this task. If you are not sure that executes the task, then google it. If it is a component of the adware, then this task also should be removed.
Further click on it with the right mouse button and select Delete as shown in the figure below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by malicious software. Once is finished, close the Task Scheduler window.
Use free malware removal tools to completely delete Trackbro.com pop up advertisements
There are not many good free antimalware programs with high detection ratio. The effectiveness of malicious software removal tools depends on various factors, mostly on how often their virus/malware signatures DB are updated in order to effectively detect modern malware, adware, hijackers and other potentially unwanted software. We recommend to run several applications, not just one. These programs which listed below will help you remove all components of the adware from your disk and Windows registry and thereby delete Trackbro.com popups.
Get rid of Trackbro.com popups with Zemana Anti-malware
We suggest using the Zemana Anti-malware. You can download and install Zemana Anti-malware to detect ‘ad supported’ software and thereby get rid of Trackbro.com pop-up advertisements from the Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers. When installed and updated, the malicious software remover will automatically scan and detect all threats exist on your computer.
Download Zemana AntiMalware from the link below.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
After the download is finished, start it and follow the prompts. Once installed, the Zemana Anti Malware will try to update itself and when this task is complete, press the “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the adware that causes a large count of annoying Trackbro.com pop-up advertisements.
When a malicious software, adware or PUPs are found, the count of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the checking is finished. Next, you need to click “Next” button.
The Zemana Anti-Malware will get rid of ad supported software which causes annoying Trackbro.com popups and move items to the program’s quarantine.
Use Malwarebytes to get rid of Trackbro.com pop up advertisements
We recommend using the Malwarebytes Free which are completely clean your machine of the adware. The free tool is an advanced malicious software removal application developed by (c) Malwarebytes lab. This program uses the world’s most popular anti-malware technology. It’s able to help you remove intrusive Trackbro.com advertisements from your browsers, potentially unwanted programs, malware, hijacker infections, toolbars, ransomware and other security threats from your machine for free.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop from the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: July 25, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web-browser will show the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- Once the download is finished, please close all applications and open windows on your personal computer. Double-click on the icon that’s called mb3-setup.
- This will launch the “Setup wizard” of Malwarebytes onto your personal computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Malwarebytes will launch and show the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan for the ad-supported software which cause unwanted Trackbro.com advertisements to appear. This process may take quite a while, so please be patient. While the tool is checking, you may see how many objects it has identified as being infected by malicious software.
- When it has finished scanning, it’ll show a list of found threats.
- Review the scan results and then click the “Quarantine Selected” button. After the clean up is done, you may be prompted to restart the computer.
- Close the AntiMalware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Run AdwCleaner to delete Trackbro.com pop ups
The AdwCleaner utility is free and easy to use. It can scan and remove malicious software, potentially unwanted applications and adware in Google Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge web-browsers and thereby remove all intrusive Trackbro.com pop-ups. AdwCleaner is powerful enough to find and remove harmful registry entries and files that are hidden on the computer.
- Download AdwCleaner by clicking on the following link.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: March 2, 2020
- Select the directory in which you saved it as Desktop, and then click Save.
- Once the download is finished, start the AdwCleaner, double-click the adwcleaner_xxx.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, press Yes to continue.
- In the AdwCleaner window, press the “Scan” to perform a system scan with this tool for the ad supported software that redirects your internet browser to annoying Trackbro.com site. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your PC system and the speed of your system. During the scan it’ll detect all threats exist on your machine.
- Once that process is finished, the results are displayed in the scan report. Review the report and then click “Clean”. If the AdwCleaner will ask you to reboot your computer, click “OK”.
The steps shown in detail in the following video.
How to block Trackbro.com redirect
It is important to run ad-blocker programs like AdGuard to protect your computer from malicious web sites. Most security experts says that it is okay to stop advertisements. You should do so just to stay safe! And, of course, the AdGuard can to block Trackbro.com and other unwanted web-pages.
- Download AdGuard program from the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After the downloading process is complete, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the setup is done, press “Skip” to close the setup program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you run your machine, AdGuard will start automatically and block pop up ads, web-pages such Trackbro.com, as well as other harmful or misleading sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, which may be found on your desktop.
How can you prevent your PC from the attack of Trackbro.com pop-ups
The majority of ‘ad supported’ software come bundled with free applications or even paid software that Net users can easily download online. The installers of such software, in many cases, clearly show that they will install additional software. The option is given to users to stop the installation of any optional applications. So, in order to avoid the installation of any adware: read all disclaimers and install screens very carefully, select only Custom or Advanced setup method and uncheck all third-party software in which you are unsure.
To sum up
Now your computer should be free of the ‘ad supported’ software which cause intrusive Trackbro.com pop up advertisements to appear. Delete AdwCleaner. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you stop unwanted pop up ads and annoying malicious web-sites) and Zemana Anti-malware (to periodically scan your PC for new hijackers, malware and adware). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove Trackbro.com redirect from the Google Chrome, FF, Edge and IE, then ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.