Are you open your favorite browser and do not see usual home page, which is set earlier? Or, the M48play.com ads is the first thing that pop up once you run your internet browser? It means that your computer has become the victim of malware from the group of adware (also known as ‘ad-supported’ software). If you get it on your system, this ad supported software can change the web-browser’s settings such as start page, new tab page and search engine by default and install harmful plugin which will show lots of unwanted pop-up ads within the Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Firefox and Edge screen. It’s important, do not click on these advertisements, as they can lead you to more malicious or misleading web-pages. The best option is to use the steps posted below to clean your system and thereby remove M48play.com pop ups.
What is more, the ad-supported software may open ads depend on a web page that you are visiting. That is, it’s clear that this adware, without your permission, steals your private information such as: your ip address, what is a web page you are viewing now, what you are looking for on the Internet, which links you are clicking, and much, much more. The ‘ad supported’ software may monetize its functionality by collecting data from your browsing sessions and selling it to third party companies. This puts your personal information at a security risk.
Table of contents
- What is M48play.com
- How to remove M48play.com popup advertisements
- Delete M48play.com pop up advertisements without any tools
- Remove adware and other PUPs through the MS Windows Control Panel
- Fix infected web browsers shortcuts to delete M48play.com redirect
- Remove M48play.com pop up advertisements from Google Chrome
- Remove M48play.com popup ads from Internet Explorer
- Remove M48play.com from Firefox by resetting internet browser settings
- Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
- M48play.com popup ads automatic removal
- Delete M48play.com pop up advertisements without any tools
- How to stop M48play.com pop-up ads
- How does your personal computer get infected with M48play.com pop-up advertisements
- Finish words
The adware usually affects only the Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer, FF and Edge by changing the browser’s settings or installing a malicious extensions. Moreover, possible situations, when any other browsers will be affected too. The ad supported software will perform a scan of the system for web browser shortcuts and modify them without your permission. When it infects the internet browser shortcuts, it’ll add the argument like ‘http://site.address’ into Target property. So, each time you open the web-browser, you will see an intrusive M48play.com web-page.
So, obviously, you need to remove the ad-supported software as soon as possible. Use the free step-by-step tutorial below. This guide will help you clean your machine of adware and thereby remove the M48play.com unwanted advertisements.
How to remove M48play.com popup advertisements
Most often ad supported software requires more than a simple uninstall through the use of Windows Control panel in order to be fully uninstalled. For that reason, our team developed several removal ways that we’ve summarized in a detailed guidance. Therefore, if you have the intrusive M48play.com pop-ups on your machine and are currently trying to have it removed then feel free to follow the few simple steps below in order to resolve your problem. Certain of the steps will require you to reboot your machine or exit the web-site. So, read this guidance carefully, then bookmark or print it for later reference.
Delete M48play.com pop up advertisements without any tools
If you perform exactly the few simple steps below you should be able to get rid of the M48play.com popups from the Chrome, Firefox, MS Edge and Microsoft Internet Explorer web browsers.
Remove adware and other PUPs through the MS Windows Control Panel
First method for manual adware removal is to go into the MS Windows “Control Panel”, then “Uninstall a program” console. Take a look at the list of software on your computer and see if there are any suspicious and unknown applications. If you see any, you need to delete them. Of course, before doing so, you can do an Web search to find details on the program. If it is a potentially unwanted program, adware or malware, you will likely find information that says so.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
First, click the Windows button , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
Windows XP, Vista, 7
First, click “Start” and select “Control Panel”.
It will show the Windows Control Panel as on the image below.
Next, press “Uninstall a program”
It will open a list of all applications installed on your PC. Scroll through the all list, and uninstall any suspicious and unknown programs. To quickly find the latest installed software, we recommend sort applications by date in the Control panel.
Fix infected web browsers shortcuts to delete M48play.com redirect
Important to know, most anti-malware software which are able to remove ‘ad supported’ software, but unable to scan for and recover modified shortcuts. So, you need to fix the desktop shortcuts for your Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and MS Edge browsers manually.
To clear the browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text similar “http://site.address” which has been added here. You need to delete it.
When the text is removed, click the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your web browsers, as they may be infected too.
Remove M48play.com pop up advertisements from Google Chrome
Use the Reset web-browser tool of the Chrome to reset all its settings such as home page, new tab and default search engine to original defaults. This is a very useful tool to use, in the case of browser redirects to unwanted ad web-pages such as M48play.com.
- First, start the Chrome and press the Menu icon (icon in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will open the Google Chrome main menu, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Show advanced settings” link, which located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, press the “Reset settings” button.
- The Google Chrome will open the reset settings prompt as shown on the screen above.
- Confirm the internet browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove M48play.com popup ads from Internet Explorer
By resetting Internet Explorer browser you return your browser settings to its default state. This is basic when troubleshooting problems that might have been caused by adware that causes web browsers to display undesired M48play.com advertisements.
First, launch the Internet Explorer, press ) button. Next, press “Internet Options” like below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, click Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the Reset Internet Explorer settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button.
You will now need to reboot your PC for the changes to take effect. It will remove M48play.com popup advertisements, disable malicious and ad-supported web browser’s extensions and restore the Internet Explorer’s settings like newtab page, startpage and search provider by default to default state.
Remove M48play.com from Firefox by resetting internet browser settings
If your Firefox web-browser is re-directed to M48play.com without your permission or an unknown search engine shows results for your search, then it may be time to perform the browser reset.
Launch the Mozilla Firefox and press the menu button (it looks like three stacked lines) at the top right of the internet browser screen. Next, click the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will open the slide-out menu.
Select the “Troubleshooting information”. If you are unable to access the Help menu, then type “about:support” in your address bar and press Enter. It bring up the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown in the figure below.
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the Troubleshooting Information page. Select “Refresh Firefox” in the confirmation dialog box. The Firefox will begin a procedure to fix your problems that caused by the ad supported software. Once, it’s finished, click the “Finish” button.
Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
If the annoying M48play.com web-page opens automatically on Windows startup or at equal time intervals, then you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and remove all the tasks which have been created by adware.
Press Windows and R keys on the keyboard together. This shows a dialog box that called Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and press OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, press “Task Scheduler Library”, as shown on the screen below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Please choose the first task, its properties will be open just below automatically. Next, click the Actions tab. Pay attention to that it launches on your PC system. Found something like “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address”, then remove this harmful task. If you are not sure that executes the task, check it through a search engine. If it is a component of the malicious program, then this task also should be removed.
Having defined the task that you want to delete, then click on it with the right mouse button and choose Delete as shown below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks which have been created by unwanted applications. Once is done, close the Task Scheduler window.
M48play.com popup ads automatic removal
Many antivirus companies have made programs that help detect ad-supported software and thereby remove M48play.com from the Google Chrome, FF, IE and Edge web-browsers. Below is a a few of the free programs you may want to use. Your computer can have a large amount of potentially unwanted programs, ad-supported software and browser hijackers installed at the same time, so we suggest, if any unwanted or malicious application returns after restarting the computer, then start your personal computer into Safe Mode and run the anti-malware tool again.
Use Zemana Anti-malware to get rid of M48play.com
You can delete M48play.com pop ups automatically with a help of Zemana Anti-malware. We recommend this malware removal utility because it can easily remove browser hijackers, PUPs, adware which redirects your web-browser to M48play.com web page with all their components such as folders, files and registry entries.
- Please download Zemana AntiMalware to your desktop from the following link.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your internet browser will display the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- After the downloading process is finished, please close all applications and open windows on your personal computer. Next, start a file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will start the “Setup wizard” of Zemana Anti Malware onto your computer. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Anti Malware will launch and show the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the ‘ad supported’ software that causes a huge number of intrusive M48play.com pop-up ads. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient. While the utility is scanning, you can see how many objects and files has already scanned.
- Once that process is complete, it will show a screen which contains a list of malware that has been found.
- All found items will be marked. You can delete them all by simply click the “Next” button. The tool will delete adware that causes lots of unwanted M48play.com popup advertisements. Once the task is finished, you may be prompted to restart the computer.
- Close the Zemana Anti Malware and continue with the next step.
Scan and free your computer of ad supported software with Malwarebytes
Manual M48play.com pop-ups removal requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the adware can be not completely removed. We recommend that use the Malwarebytes Free that are completely free your system of ad supported software. Moreover, the free program will help you to get rid of malicious software, PUPs, hijackers and toolbars that your computer may be infected too.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop by clicking on the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web-browser will display the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When the downloading process is finished, please close all programs and open windows on your PC. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will launch the “Setup wizard” of Malwarebytes onto your machine. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Malwarebytes will start and open the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan for the ad supported software which redirects your browser to annoying M48play.com page. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your PC system and the speed of your machine.
- As the scanning ends, it’ll open a list of all threats found by this utility.
- Review the scan results and then click the “Quarantine Selected” button. After finished, you may be prompted to reboot the PC system.
- Close the Anti Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Remove M48play.com popup advertisements and malicious extensions with AdwCleaner
AdwCleaner is a free portable program that scans your machine for ad-supported software that causes web browsers to open intrusive M48play.com popup advertisements, potentially unwanted applications and hijackers and allows remove them easily. Moreover, it will also allow you get rid of any harmful browser extensions and add-ons.
- Download AdwCleaner by clicking on the following link.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: March 22, 2021
- Select the folder in which you saved it as Desktop, and then click Save.
- When the download is done, run the AdwCleaner, double-click the adwcleaner_xxx.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, press Yes to continue.
- In the AdwCleaner window, click the “Scan” It will scan through the whole computer for the ad supported software which developed to redirect your web browser to various ad web pages like M48play.com.
- After it has finished scanning, it’ll display a list of found items. You may move threats to Quarantine (all selected by default) by simply click “Clean”. If the AdwCleaner will ask you to restart your personal computer, click “OK”.
The step by step tutorial shown in detail in the following video.
How to stop M48play.com pop-up ads
By installing an ad-blocking program such as AdbGuard, you are able to block M48play.com, autoplaying video ads and get rid of a large count of distracting and annoying ads on pages.
- Download AdGuard application by clicking on the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- When the downloading process is done, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- After the setup is done, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you run your PC system, AdGuard will start automatically and stop pop ups, web sites such M48play.com, as well as other harmful or misleading pages. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
How does your personal computer get infected with M48play.com pop-up advertisements
After completing the steps outlined above, your PC system should be clean from malware, hijackers and adware. The Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge will no longer open M48play.com annoying web page when you browse the World Wide Web. Unfortunately, if the step-by-step instructions does not help you, then you have caught a new adware, and then the best way – ask for help.
- Download HijackThis by clicking on the link below and save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon. Next press “Do a system scan only” button.
- When it completes the scan, the scan button will read “Save log”, press it. Save this log to your desktop.
- Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the annoying M48play.com advertisements.