Is your browser redirected to OnlineMapSearch page? This problem can be caused due to a potentially unwanted program from the browser hijacker family. The hijacker infection is a type of unwanted software that is created to change your current settings of browsers. You may experience any of the following behaviors: your start page, newtab and default search provider is modified to OnlineMapSearch, web-pages load slowly, you see multiple toolbars on the Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer and MS Edge which you did not install, you get a large count of pop-up ads.
Besides the fact that OnlineMapSearch browser hijacker changes your startpage, this intrusive web site may set yourself as your search provider. But, obviously, it does not give you a good search results, as they will consist of a huge number of ads, links to unwanted and ad sites and only the remaining part is search results for your query from the major search engines.
Table of contents
- What is OnlineMapSearch
- Remove OnlineMapSearch
- Manual OnlineMapSearch homepage removal
- How to automatically remove OnlineMapSearch hijacker
- Run AdBlocker to stop OnlineMapSearch and stay safe online
- Do not know how your browser has been hijacked by OnlineMapSearch browser hijacker?
- To sum up
Often, the machine that has been infected with OnlineMapSearch browser hijacker, will be also infected with adware (also known as ‘ad-supported’ software) which displays a large number of various advertisements. It can be pop-ups, text links in the pages, banners where they never had. What is more, the adware can replace the legitimate ads with malicious ads which will offer to download and install malware and unwanted applications or visit the various dangerous and misleading web-pages.
The OnlineMapSearch browser hijacker can alter current settings of installed internet browsers, but often that the unwanted software can also infect all types of browsers by modifying their desktop shortcuts. Thus forcing the user to see OnlineMapSearch unwanted web site every time open the web browser.
We suggest you to remove OnlineMapSearch and clean your personal computer of browser hijacker infection as soon as possible, until the presence of the browser hijacker infection has not led to even worse consequences. You need to follow the step-by-step instructions below that will help you to completely delete OnlineMapSearch startpage, using only the built-in Windows features and a few of specialized free tools.
Fortunately, we have an effective method which will assist you manually or/and automatically delete OnlineMapSearch from your computer and bring your internet browser settings, including newtab, homepage and search provider by default, back to normal. Below you’ll find a removal steps with all the steps you may need to successfully delete this browser hijacker and its components. Read it once, after doing so, please print this page as you may need to exit your browser or reboot your PC system.
Manual OnlineMapSearch homepage removal
The step-by-step guide will help you delete OnlineMapSearch start page. These OnlineMapSearch removal steps work for the Google Chrome, FF, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge, as well as every version of Windows operating system.
Delete suspicious and potentially unwanted programs using Microsoft Windows Control Panel
In order to get rid of PUPs like this browser hijacker infection, open the Microsoft Windows Control Panel and click on “Uninstall a program”. Check the list of installed programs. For the ones you do not know, run an Internet search to see if they are adware, browser hijacker infection or potentially unwanted software. If yes, uninstall them off. Even if they are just a software that you do not use, then removing them off will increase your PC system start up time and speed dramatically.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then press Windows button, next click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then click “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will display the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will open a list of all applications installed on the PC.
- Scroll through the all list, and uninstall suspicious and unknown software. To quickly find the latest installed applications, we recommend sort programs by date.
See more details in the video instructions below.
Remove OnlineMapSearch homepage from Google Chrome
If your Google Chrome web-browser is redirected to intrusive OnlineMapSearch web-page, it may be necessary to completely reset your browser program to its default settings.
- First, start the Chrome and click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will show the Google Chrome main menu, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Show advanced settings” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings” button.
- The Google Chrome will display the reset settings dialog box as on the image above.
- Confirm the internet browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Delete OnlineMapSearch redirect from IE
The Internet Explorer reset is great if your browser is hijacked or you have unwanted add-ons or toolbars on your browser, that installed by a malware.
First, launch the Internet Explorer, click ) button. Next, click “Internet Options” as shown on the screen below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, click Reset button. The Internet Explorer will display the Reset Internet Explorer settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and press Reset button.
You will now need to reboot your system for the changes to take effect. It will get rid of OnlineMapSearch hijacker infection, disable malicious and ad-supported web-browser’s extensions and restore the Microsoft Internet Explorer’s settings like homepage, newtab page and search provider by default to default state.
Delete OnlineMapSearch start page from FF
If your Mozilla Firefox browser home page has changed to OnlineMapSearch without your permission or an unknown search engine opens results for your search, then it may be time to perform the internet browser reset.
First, start the FF. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will show the drop-down menu. Next, click the Help button ().
In the Help menu click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button as shown on the image below.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
How to automatically remove OnlineMapSearch hijacker
Manual removal is not always as effective as you might think. Often, even the most experienced users may not completely get rid of hijacker from the infected computer. So, we suggest to check your machine for any remaining malicious components with free hijacker infection removal applications below.
Use Zemana Anti-malware to remove browser hijacker infection
We suggest you to use the Zemana Anti-malware that are completely clean your computer. Moreover, the tool will help you to remove PUPs, malicious software, toolbars and adware that your PC system can be infected too.
Download Zemana Anti-Malware from the link below.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
Once the downloading process is finished, close all software and windows on your machine. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup as shown in the figure below.
When the installation begins, you will see the “Setup wizard” that will help you install Zemana AntiMalware on your PC.
Once install is done, you will see window as shown in the figure below.
Now press the “Scan” button for checking your computer for the browser hijacker that causes browsers to open unwanted OnlineMapSearch web-page. This task may take some time, so please be patient. When a threat is found, the number of the security threats will change accordingly.
When it completes the scan, it’ll open a list of detected items. Next, you need to click “Next” button.
The Zemana Anti-malware will get rid of OnlineMapSearch hijacker and other security threats.
How to automatically delete OnlineMapSearch with Malwarebytes
Remove OnlineMapSearch browser hijacker manually is difficult and often the browser hijacker infection is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to run the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your personal computer. Moreover, the free program will allow you to get rid of malicious software, PUPs, toolbars and adware that your machine can be infected too.
- Download Malwarebytes (MBAM) from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- When downloading is finished, close all software and windows on your personal computer. Open a file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once setup is complete, click the “Scan Now” button . This will start scanning the whole PC system to find out OnlineMapSearch browser hijacker and other malware and adware. This procedure may take quite a while, so please be patient. While the utility is checking, you can see how many objects it has identified as being infected by malware.
- After it has finished scanning, the results are displayed in the scan report. You may move threats to Quarantine (all selected by default) by simply click “Quarantine Selected”. After the process is done, you can be prompted to restart your machine.
The following video offers a step-by-step instructions on how to get rid of browser hijacker infections, adware and other malware with Malwarebytes.
If the problem with OnlineMapSearch is still remained
AdwCleaner is a free removal utility that can scan your machine for a wide range of security threats like ‘ad supported’ software, hijackers such as OnlineMapSearch, PUPs as well as other malicious software. It will perform a deep scan of your PC including hard drives and Windows registry. Once a malware is detected, it will help you to delete all found threats from your PC system by a simple click.
- Download AdwCleaner by clicking on the following link.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: April 28, 2022
- Select the file location as Desktop, and then click Save.
- After the downloading process is done, run the AdwCleaner, double-click the adwcleaner_xxx.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, click Yes to continue.
- In the AdwCleaner window, press the “Scan” . This will begin scanning the whole computer to find out browser hijacker which cause a reroute to OnlineMapSearch page. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the count of files on your personal computer and the speed of your system. While the program is checking, you may see how many objects it has identified as threat.
- After the scan is complete, it will open a list of all threats detected by this utility. Next, you need to press “Clean”. If the AdwCleaner will ask you to restart your computer, press “OK”.
The instructions shown in detail in the following video.
Run AdBlocker to stop OnlineMapSearch and stay safe online
In order to increase your security and protect your computer against new annoying advertisements and harmful web pages, you need to use ad-blocking application that blocks an access to harmful advertisements and web-sites. Moreover, the program can stop the open of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of web-pages and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program by clicking on the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- When the download is finished, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- After the installation is finished, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you launch your computer, AdGuard will launch automatically and block pop ups, pages such OnlineMapSearch, as well as other malicious or misleading web sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, which can be found on your desktop.
Do not know how your browser has been hijacked by OnlineMapSearch browser hijacker?
These days some free programs developers bundle additional applications which could be potentially unwanted programs like the OnlineMapSearch browser hijacker, with a view to making some money. These are not free applications as install an unwanted software on to your Windows PC system. So whenever you install a new free program that downloaded from the Net, be very careful during installation. Carefully read the EULA (a text with I ACCEPT/I DECLINE button), select custom or manual installation mode, uncheck all additional programs.
To sum up
Now your computer should be clean of the OnlineMapSearch search. Uninstall AdwCleaner. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted popup ads and annoying harmful sites) and Malwarebytes (to periodically scan your computer for new browser hijackers, malware and ‘ad supported’ software). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
If you are still having problems while trying to delete OnlineMapSearch from the Chrome, FF, Edge and Internet Explorer, then ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.