The EasyDirectionsFinder is a browser hijacker. It’s a type of unwanted software. Unlike viruses, it’ll not delete or infect your files, but its actions will cause certain problems with your browser. This is because that it’ll infect your machine, get full access to your browsers like Chrome, Firefox, Edge and IE and be able to modify their settings. Of course, it did not ask you for permission and do it secretly as possible. Once your browser settings will be changed, you will be rerouted to unwanted web sites completely, some of which can be dangerous or misleading pages. For this reason, we recommend that you remove hijacker ASAP and thereby return your favorite start page and search provider.
If your system is infected with EasyDirectionsFinder hijacker, every time you open your web-browser you will see this page. Of course you can setup your homepage again, but next time you start a browser you will see that EasyDirectionsFinder homepage return. As mentioned above, the hijacker infection may change the default search engine on this undesired web-page too, so all your search queries will be rerouted to EasyDirectionsFinder. Thus the authors of the hijacker may gather the search terms of your queries, and redirect you to annoying web-pages.
Table of contents
- What is EasyDirectionsFinder
- EasyDirectionsFinder removal instructions
- How to remove EasyDirectionsFinder startpage without any software
- How to automatically remove EasyDirectionsFinder browser hijacker
- Use AdBlocker to block EasyDirectionsFinder and stay safe online
- How can you prevent your PC system from the attack of EasyDirectionsFinder browser hijacker
- To sum up
Thus, it is clear that the presence of browser hijacker infection on your personal computer is not desirable, and you need to clean up your PC as soon as possible. Follow the step-by-step tutorial below in order to remove EasyDirectionsFinder from Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.
EasyDirectionsFinder removal instructions
The following step by step instructions will allow you to remove EasyDirectionsFinder start page from the Firefox, Chrome, IE and MS Edge. Moreover, the steps below will allow you to remove malware like PUPs, adware and toolbars that your machine may be infected. Please do the instructions step by step. If you need help or have any questions, then ask for our assistance or type a comment below. Read it once, after doing so, please print this page as you may need to close your browser or reboot your PC.
How to remove EasyDirectionsFinder startpage without any software
Read this section to know how to manually get rid of the EasyDirectionsFinder hijacker infection. Even if the step-by-step guide does not work for you, there are several free malicious software removers below which can easily handle such browser hijacker infections.
Uninstalling the EasyDirectionsFinder, check the list of installed applications first
It’s of primary importance to first identify and get rid of all PUPs, adware software and hijackers through ‘Add/Remove Programs’ (Windows XP) or ‘Uninstall a program’ (Windows 10, 8, 7) section of your Windows Control Panel.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
First, click the Windows button , then press Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
Windows XP, Vista, 7
First, press “Start” and select “Control Panel”.
It will open the Windows Control Panel as shown on the screen below.
Next, click “Uninstall a program”
It will show a list of all software installed on your system. Scroll through the all list, and remove any suspicious and unknown programs. To quickly find the latest installed programs, we recommend sort software by date in the Control panel.
Remove EasyDirectionsFinder redirect from Chrome
Reset Chrome settings is a easy way to remove the hijacker infection, harmful and ‘ad-supported’ extensions, as well as to recover the web-browser’s home page, newtab page and search engine by default that have been replaced by EasyDirectionsFinder hijacker.
- First run the Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will show the Chrome main menu. Select “Settings” option.
- You will see the Google Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Show advanced settings” link.
- Scroll down again and press the “Reset settings” button.
- The Chrome will open the reset profile settings page as on the image above.
- Next press the “Reset” button.
- Once this task is done, your internet browser’s newtab, startpage and search engine by default will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Remove EasyDirectionsFinder homepage from IE
In order to recover all web browser newtab page, start page and search engine by default you need to reset the Internet Explorer to the state, which was when the MS Windows was installed on your computer.
First, run the Microsoft Internet Explorer, then press ‘gear’ icon . It will display the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the internet browser, then click the “Internet Options” like below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then click the “Reset” button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box. Further, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, click the “Reset” button like below.
When the task is finished, click “Close” button. Close the Internet Explorer and reboot your PC for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your internet browser’s start page, new tab and default search engine to default state.
Remove EasyDirectionsFinder from Firefox by resetting browser settings
Press the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and click the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu like below.
A small menu will appear, click the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, click “Refresh Firefox” button as shown in the figure below.
Follow the onscreen procedure to restore your FF web-browser settings to its original state.
How to automatically remove EasyDirectionsFinder browser hijacker
Many antivirus companies have made software that help detect and delete hijacker infection, and thereby return installed web-browsers settings. Below is a a few of the free programs you may want to use. Your PC may have a lot of PUPs, adware and browser hijackers installed at the same time, so we suggest, if any unwanted or malicious program returns after rebooting the PC system, then boot your computer into Safe Mode and run the antimalware utility once again.
How to automatically remove EasyDirectionsFinder with Zemana Anti-malware
We suggest using the Zemana Anti-malware. You can download and install Zemana Anti-malware to find and get rid of EasyDirectionsFinder from your machine. When installed and updated, the malware remover will automatically scan and detect all threats present on the computer.
Download Zemana Anti-Malware on your machine from the link below. Save it on your desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
When downloading is finished, close all windows on your computer. Further, open the install file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. If the “User Account Control” dialog box pops up as shown below, click the “Yes” button.
It will show the “Setup wizard” that will allow you install Zemana AntiMalware on the machine. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once setup is complete successfully, Zemana Anti-Malware will automatically run and you can see its main window like below.
Next, click the “Scan” button for scanning your machine for the browser hijacker that designed to reroute your browser to the EasyDirectionsFinder web site. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your personal computer. When a malicious software, adware or PUPs are detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly.
After it has finished scanning your system, it’ll display you the results. All detected items will be marked. You can remove them all by simply click “Next” button.
The Zemana Anti Malware will delete EasyDirectionsFinder hijacker and other security threats. After that process is complete, you may be prompted to reboot your PC system.
Scan and clean your machine of browser hijacker infection with Malwarebytes
Manual EasyDirectionsFinder homepage removal requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the hijacker may be not completely removed. We suggest that run the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your machine of browser hijacker. Moreover, the free application will allow you to delete malware, PUPs, ad-supported software and toolbars that your PC system can be infected too.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop from the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web-browser will display the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- After the download is complete, please close all programs and open windows on your system. Double-click on the icon that’s called mb3-setup.
- This will start the “Setup wizard” of Malwarebytes onto your computer. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Malwarebytes will start and display the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button to begin checking your PC system for the browser hijacker infection that causes internet browsers to show annoying EasyDirectionsFinder page. This procedure may take quite a while, so please be patient. When a malware, adware or potentially unwanted software are detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly.
- Once finished, it’ll display a scan report.
- Next, you need to click the “Quarantine Selected” button. When the procedure is finished, you may be prompted to restart the personal computer.
- Close the AntiMalware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Scan and clean your PC of hijacker with AdwCleaner
AdwCleaner is a free removal tool that can be downloaded and run to get rid of browser hijackers, ad supported software, malware, PUPs, toolbars and other threats from your PC system. You can use this utility to find threats even if you have an antivirus or any other security program.
Download AdwCleaner utility by clicking on the link below. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: March 22, 2021
Once the download is finished, open the file location and double-click the AdwCleaner icon. It will start the AdwCleaner utility and you will see a screen as shown in the figure below. If the User Account Control dialog box will ask you want to display the program, click Yes button to continue.
Next, click “Scan” . This will start scanning the whole machine to find out hijacker infection that designed to redirect your browser to the EasyDirectionsFinder web page. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient. While the utility is checking, you can see how many objects and files has already scanned.
Once that process is done is finished, you will be shown the list of all found threats on your PC system as shown on the image below.
Review the results once the tool has done the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply click “Clean” button. It will show a dialog box. Click “OK” button. The AdwCleaner will remove browser hijacker which cause EasyDirectionsFinder web site to appear. When the task is done, the tool may ask you to reboot your PC. After restart, the AdwCleaner will show the log file.
All the above steps are shown in detail in the following video instructions.
Use AdBlocker to block EasyDirectionsFinder and stay safe online
Enabling an ad blocker application such as AdGuard is an effective way to alleviate the risks. Additionally, ad-blocker software will also protect you from malicious ads and web sites, and, of course, stop redirection chain to EasyDirectionsFinder and similar web-sites.
- Download AdGuard program from the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- When the downloading process is complete, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- When the installation is finished, click “Skip” to close the installation application and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you run your system, AdGuard will run automatically and block advertisements, web-sites such EasyDirectionsFinder, as well as other malicious or misleading web sites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, that may be found on your desktop.
How can you prevent your PC system from the attack of EasyDirectionsFinder browser hijacker
To sum up
Now your PC should be free of the EasyDirectionsFinder . Uninstall AdwCleaner. We suggest that you keep Malwarebytes (to periodically scan your computer for new malicious software, hijackers and adware) and AdGuard (to help you stop undesired pop-ups and harmful web pages). Moreover, to prevent browser hijackers, please stay clear of unknown and third party software, make sure that your antivirus application, turn on the option to scan for PUPs (potentially unwanted programs).
If you need more help with EasyDirectionsFinder home page related issues, go to our Spyware/Malware removal forum.