If your internet browser home page has replaced to the InternetSpeedRadar, then you need to know that your browser has been hijacked by hijacker. It means that an unwanted application has taken over and changed some settings of web-browsers, without your desire or permission. So, if the Chrome, FF, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge new tab, startpage and search provider by default has been modified or your browser being redirected to the web-page you never intended to visit, then it’s a sign that you need to clean up your computer as quickly as possible in order to remove undesired InternetSpeedRadar startpage.
In addition to that, as was mentioned earlier, some browser hijacker infections like InternetSpeedRadar to also change all web-browsers shortcuts which located on your Desktop or Start menu. So, every infected shortcut will try to reroute your internet browser to intrusive web sites, some of which might be harmful. It can make the whole computer more vulnerable to hacker attacks.
Table of contents
- What is InternetSpeedRadar
- InternetSpeedRadar removal steps
- Manual InternetSpeedRadar start page removal
- How to automatically remove InternetSpeedRadar hijacker
- How to block InternetSpeedRadar redirect
- How can you prevent the InternetSpeedRadar browser hijacker
- To sum up
The InternetSpeedRadar browser hijacker takes over your internet browser’s default search engine and controls what will be opened to you whenever you do a searching. Other than the search results, it also provides a huge number of unwanted advertisements on the search page. Some of these ads developed to trick you into buying certain questionable products and applications. Moreover, sometimes, those advertisements could reroute you to misleading or malicious web sites.
Also, ‘ad-supported’ software (also known as adware) can be installed on the PC together with InternetSpeedRadar hijacker. It will insert a ton of advertisements directly to the web pages that you view, creating a sense that advertisements has been added by the makers of the web-page. Moreover, legal advertisements can be replaced on fake ads that will offer to download and install various unnecessary and harmful applications. Moreover, the InternetSpeedRadar hijacker has the ability to gather a wide variety of personal information about you, which may be later sold to third parties.
We suggest you to remove InternetSpeedRadar and clean your personal computer of hijacker as soon as possible, until the presence of the browser hijacker infection has not led to even worse consequences. You need to follow the few simple steps below that will allow you to completely remove InternetSpeedRadar , using only the built-in Windows features and a few of specialized free tools.
InternetSpeedRadar removal steps
Most often browser hijackers requires more than a simple uninstall through the use of Microsoft Windows Control panel in order to be fully deleted. For that reason, our team designed several removal methods which we have combined in a detailed instructions. Therefore, if you’ve the intrusive InternetSpeedRadar browser hijacker on your computer and are currently trying to have it removed then feel free to follow the step by step instructions below in order to resolve your problem. Read it once, after doing so, please print this page as you may need to exit your internet browser or restart your computer.
Manual InternetSpeedRadar startpage removal
The useful removal steps for the InternetSpeedRadar . The detailed procedure can be followed by anyone as it really does take you step-by-step. If you follow this process to get rid of InternetSpeedRadar let us know how you managed by sending us your comments please.
Uninstall suspicious and potentially unwanted programs using Windows Control Panel
We suggest that you start the system cleaning process by checking the list of installed software and remove all unknown or suspicious applications. This is a very important step, as mentioned above, very often the harmful software such as ‘ad supported’ software and browser hijacker infections may be bundled with free programs. Uninstall the unwanted software can get rid of the undesired ads or web browser redirect.
Press Windows button , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will open the Windows Control Panel as shown in the figure below.
Further, click “Uninstall a program”
It will open a list of all software installed on your PC system. Scroll through the all list, and uninstall any suspicious and unknown applications.
Fix infected web browsers shortcuts
When the hijacker is started, it can also alter the web-browser’s shortcuts, adding an argument like “http://site.address” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you launch the browser, it will show an annoying web page.
To clear the internet browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text similar “http://site.address” that has been added here. You need to delete it.
When the text is removed, click the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your browsers, as they may be infected too.
Get rid of InternetSpeedRadar from Firefox by resetting web browser settings
Launch the Firefox and click the menu button (it looks like three stacked lines) at the top right of the web browser screen. Next, click the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will show the slide-out menu.
Select the “Troubleshooting information”. If you are unable to access the Help menu, then type “about:support” in your address bar and press Enter. It bring up the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown on the screen below.
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the Troubleshooting Information page. Select “Refresh Firefox” in the confirmation dialog box. The FF will begin a process to fix your problems that caused by the InternetSpeedRadar hijacker infection. Once, it’s finished, press the “Finish” button.
Remove InternetSpeedRadar redirect from Google Chrome
- First launch the Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will open the Chrome main menu. Select “Settings” option.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Show advanced settings” link.
- Scroll down again and press the “Reset settings” button.
- The Chrome will open the reset profile settings page as shown on the screen above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this task is finished, your browser’s startpage, new tab page and search provider by default will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove InternetSpeedRadar search from IE
By resetting IE web browser you revert back your internet browser settings to its default state. This is first when troubleshooting problems that might have been caused by hijacker such as InternetSpeedRadar.
First, open the IE, click ) button. Next, click “Internet Options” as shown on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, click Reset button. The Internet Explorer will display the Reset Internet Explorer settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and press Reset button.
You will now need to restart your personal computer for the changes to take effect. It will remove InternetSpeedRadar browser hijacker infection, disable malicious and ad-supported internet browser’s extensions and restore the Microsoft Internet Explorer’s settings like homepage, new tab and default search provider to default state.
How to automatically remove InternetSpeedRadar hijacker
If your machine is still infected with the InternetSpeedRadar hijacker infection, then the best method of detection and removal is to run an antimalware scan on the system. Download free malware removal tools below and start a full system scan. It will help you remove all components of the hijacker infection from hardisk and Windows registry.
How to remove InternetSpeedRadar with Zemana Anti-malware
You can remove InternetSpeedRadar automatically with a help of Zemana Anti-malware. We recommend this malware removal tool because it may easily delete browser hijackers, PUPs, ‘ad supported’ software and toolbars with all their components such as folders, files and registry entries.
- Download Zemana antimalware (ZAM) from the link below.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- After the download is finished, close all software and windows on your PC system. Open a file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once setup is complete, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this tool for the hijacker infection which redirects your browser to the InternetSpeedRadar unwanted page. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient. While the tool is scanning, you may see number of objects it has identified either as being malicious software.
- When it has finished scanning, it’ll open a list of all items detected by this utility. In order to remove all threats, simply click “Next”. Once disinfection is finished, you may be prompted to reboot your personal computer.
Run Malwarebytes to get rid of InternetSpeedRadar start page
Manual InternetSpeedRadar removal requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the hijacker can be not completely removed. We recommend that run the Malwarebytes Free that are completely free your machine of browser hijacker infection. Moreover, the free program will help you to remove malware, potentially unwanted software, adware and toolbars that your machine can be infected too.
Download Malwarebytes Free on your system from the link below. Save it on your desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
Once downloading is finished, close all windows on your PC system. Further, open the file named mb3-setup. If the “User Account Control” prompt pops up like below, click the “Yes” button.
It will open the “Setup wizard” that will allow you install Malwarebytes on the machine. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once installation is done successfully, click Finish button. Then Malwarebytes will automatically start and you can see its main window as on the image below.
Next, click the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan for the browser hijacker . Depending on your PC, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. During the scan it’ll detect all threats present on your computer.
Once the system scan is done, it will display a scan report. In order to remove all items, simply click “Quarantine Selected” button.
The Malwarebytes will begin removing InternetSpeedRadar hijacker and other security threats. Once disinfection is finished, you may be prompted to reboot your PC system. We recommend you look at the following video, which completely explains the process of using the Malwarebytes to delete browser hijacker, adware and other malware.
Scan your computer and delete InternetSpeedRadar search with AdwCleaner
AdwCleaner is a free portable program that scans your PC for adware, potentially unwanted programs and browser hijacker infections like InternetSpeedRadar and helps delete them easily. Moreover, it’ll also help you delete any harmful internet browser extensions and add-ons.
- Download AdwCleaner from the following link.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: February 25, 2021
- Select the file location as Desktop, and then press Save.
- When the download is done, start the AdwCleaner, double-click the adwcleaner_xxx.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, press Yes to continue.
- In the AdwCleaner window, click the “Scan” to perform a system scan for the InternetSpeedRadar browser hijacker and browser’s malicious extensions. This procedure may take some time, so please be patient. While the utility is checking, you can see count of objects and files has already scanned.
- Once the scan is complete, the results are displayed in the scan report. In order to remove all items, simply click “Clean”. If the AdwCleaner will ask you to restart your computer, click “OK”.
The guide shown in detail in the following video.
How to block InternetSpeedRadar redirect
It is also critical to protect your internet browsers from malicious pages and ads by using an ad-blocking program such as AdGuard. Security experts says that it will greatly reduce the risk of malware, and potentially save lots of money. Additionally, the AdGuard can also protect your privacy by blocking almost all trackers.
- Download AdGuard application from the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After downloading is done, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the install is finished, press “Skip” to close the setup program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you run your PC, AdGuard will start automatically and block popup advertisements, web sites such InternetSpeedRadar, as well as other harmful or misleading web-sites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
How can you prevent the InternetSpeedRadar browser hijacker
Many hijackers such as InternetSpeedRadar come from web-browser toolbars, browser extensions, BHOs (browser helper objects) and additional software. Most commonly, these items claim itself as applications which improve your experience on the Web by providing a fast and interactive start page or a search engine that does not track you. Remember, how to avoid the unwanted software. Be cautious, launch only reputable programs which download from reputable sources. NEVER install an unknown and suspicious program.
To sum up
Now your machine should be clean of the InternetSpeedRadar home page. Uninstall AdwCleaner. We suggest that you keep Malwarebytes (to periodically scan your PC system for new malicious software, browser hijackers and ad-supported software) and AdGuard (to help you stop intrusive ads and harmful web sites). Moreover, to prevent browser hijackers, please stay clear of unknown and third party software, make sure that your antivirus application, turn on the option to find PUPs (potentially unwanted programs).
If you need more help with InternetSpeedRadar startpage related issues, go to our Spyware/Malware removal forum.